Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Phy posted:

"it is the nineties and there is time for _____" was always too earnest a slogan to waste on a middlin' puzzle game

also for some reason I thought that's when gunnerkrigg took place? it's entirely possible I'm conflating it with an entirely different thing with kids and a weird school and sometimes there is magic, which probably isn't fair to tea-san
I'm not even sure Gunnerkrigg Court takes place on earth, pinning it down to a specific time period would seem to be an exercise in futility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

I love the little details I don't notice in the first read-through.

Ex: Sacred Ground. The white sign above the door in panel 6 is the symbol for Ground in electronics.

e: I just read the comment for that page. I am the stupid readers.

zeekner fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 19, 2010

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Well, we've never seen a cell phone in GC and the internet is shiny and new. It must be the 90s.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Is there a giant sized version of :3: around somewhere?

You're welcome:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Geekner posted:

I love the little details I don't notice in the first read-through.

Ex: Sacred Ground. The white sign above the door in panel 6 is the symbol for Ground in electronics.

e: I just read the comment for that page. I am the stupid readers.

Oh hey four pages later Annie's concerned about Parley and Smitty and the crushing weight of their unrequited love, and now that they've finally figured it out she's all "BUT THE MYSTERY, GUYS"

Though to be fair she did basically just get her rear end kicked by a ghost so I can't entirely fault her priorities

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Pester posted:

Well, we've never seen a cell phone in GC and the internet is shiny and new. It must be the 90s.

Kat's been playing current video games and stuff.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Maybe the Court just has lovely cel phone reception (due to all those electrical experiments) and metered internet (I'm pretty sure this is more common in the UK).

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It obviously takes place in modern times you guys.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

I don't care when it is taking place.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

An old halloween pic from years back. I hope we get cool art again this time.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Ka0 posted:

An old halloween pic from years back. I hope we get cool art again this time.

Holy poo poo, I hadn't seen that before. That's awesome!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I think it's in modern times as well.

Phy posted:

Oh hey four pages later Annie's concerned about Parley and Smitty and the crushing weight of their unrequited love, and now that they've finally figured it out she's all "BUT THE MYSTERY, GUYS"

Though to be fair she did basically just get her rear end kicked by a ghost so I can't entirely fault her priorities

Well she wanted them to admit it. Now they've admitted it so MYSTERY YOU GUYS LET'S GO SOLVE IT.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I love the Aztec Viking drawing :)

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

A student posted:

I love the Aztec Viking drawing :)

That's ICO.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I am 100% certain there are 3 of these Halloween special pics, but thusly I've only been able to find 2.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I would say at the very latest it's early 2006 in the comic because not much more than a calendar year (if that - I really have no idea how much time has gone by in the current school year) has passed in-universe, and if the comic started in the "present" (in 2005) then that would put it about a year after that. Which is almost 5 years ago. I still used myspace 5 years ago.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ka0 posted:

I am 100% certain there are 3 of these Halloween special pics, but thusly I've only been able to find 2.

Doctor Loboto would stand no friggin' chance against Katsputin and ...Annielili?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Metal Gear Solid 4 is obviously Court technology. Probably invented by Dr. Disaster himself!

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Not a :3: large enough for today's comic.

Also, just sayin' on the Halloween pics - Ico and Yorda? Raz and Lili? Common thread here.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
Woo, 30 complete chapters. That's pretty drat good. If I want to show someone that a comic on the internet can be paced well this is the one I send them to.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Awwwwww. :3:

Good thing Kat dragged Annie off, I guess.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Oh my loving God :3: well done Tea-san for making it tasteful too :)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Roflex posted:

I would say at the very latest it's early 2006 in the comic because not much more than a calendar year (if that - I really have no idea how much time has gone by in the current school year) has passed in-universe, and if the comic started in the "present" (in 2005) then that would put it about a year after that. Which is almost 5 years ago. I still used myspace 5 years ago.

Uh, entire school years have quite clearly passed.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lurdiak posted:

Uh, entire school years have quite clearly passed.

Um, no they haven't. We've only had one summer transition, and Annie's dad has also not contacted her yet.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Yeah it's only been maybe one year, if that. Annie transferred in partway through year 7 I think, and she's probably only halfway through year 8.

weavernaut
Sep 12, 2007

i'm so glad to have made such an interesting new friend
This means Annie's dad is turning up soon.

Personally? I can't wait.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yay! Finally :dance:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I love it when I find things I hadn't noticed on the first look-through

look at the moon

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

Oh, drat, that's cool.

Also this is going to make medium classes insufferable for Annie and Jones.

Wong Dongson
Mar 26, 2010

More like Wrong Dongson am I right?

Get it?

Because I'm really fucking dumb and annoying and usually have no idea what the fuck I'm talk about.
Nah, Jones is cool. Remember her antics with the flowers and the chocolate. And her watching movies with Doctor Disaster. She's good people. Annie still the wettest of blankets. Makes me wonder what her dad was like, he seems like a pretty withdrawn guy too.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wong Dongson posted:

Nah, Jones is cool. Remember her antics with the flowers and the chocolate. And her watching movies with Doctor Disaster. She's good people.
I'm not so sure Jones is "good". Or even "people".

Wong Dongson
Mar 26, 2010

More like Wrong Dongson am I right?

Get it?

Because I'm really fucking dumb and annoying and usually have no idea what the fuck I'm talk about.
Anyone that likes Doctor Disaster is a good person. That is just science fact.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I like Annie's face as she's being taken away. Seems to be saying "I still don't know why we can't talk about it right now..."

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

The other side says "CHA".

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

I think the most interesting thing about Annie's fingerprint on the moon isn't that Annie's fingerprint is on the moon but rather that it's the only fingerprint on the moon. Coyote's probably shown off to all kinds of people by taking the moon from the sky but Annie was apparently the first to ever poke it.

Mike McC
Oct 9, 2009

Sulevis posted:

This means Annie's dad is turning up soon.

Personally? I can't wait.
If by soon, you mean she still has probably at least a year (probably more like a year and a half) to go until she hears from him, then yeah.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Mercury Hat posted:

Yeah it's only been maybe one year, if that. Annie transferred in partway through year 7 I think, and she's probably only halfway through year 8.

I asked Tea-san about this on Formspring and he said "Just under two years or less."

Haha that's awesome.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Jones. :3:

So apparently the teleportation is very silent! I figured the bips indicated some degree of noise.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Looking good, Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Jones' office makes me sad.