Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007

Dickeye posted:

We just pretend that didn't happen, much like the band itself

I watched a short documentary on the history of Epitaph records, apparently they made 10000 copies and 11000 were returned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
And they're all in a warehouse because gently caress that album

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Just listened to 30 seconds of each song off that album. I didn't think it would be as bad as you guys were saying. Just thought you were all whining because it was poppy or something.

:psyduck:

Jesus gently caress. It's like another band paid for the use of Bad Religion's name for their first album.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Just listened to 30 seconds of each song off that album. I didn't think it would be as bad as you guys were saying. Just thought you were all whining because it was poppy or something.

:psyduck:

Jesus gently caress. It's like another band paid for the use of Bad Religion's name for their first album.

I wouldn't say it's that bad, it's mostly just really mediocre.

I'm playing Dead Rising 2 right now, and Chuck with thick black rimmed glasses kinda looks like Brett Gurewitz and now I'm chuckling to myself thinking of Brett Gurewitz fighting zombies to save his daughter. Ironically his daughter is part of the reason the new album is kinda poo poo

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm seeing DOA on Wednesday cause it's cheap and I know that if I don't go I'll regret it. Where do I start with the band?

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all

act five posted:

Oh man, Touche Amore ripped poo poo up tonight. Envy was amazing, as expected. It's a shame Trash Talk had to cancel though

Oh so you went to the Pad too? I fuckin loved Touche Amore's set and was happy to see the crowd really into it. Some goofball was bitchin bout Envy towards the end of the night and proved my point on Toads crowds. I'm not sure why that chucklehead was hanging around if he wasn't into the headlining band.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

attackmole posted:

I'm seeing DOA on Wednesday cause it's cheap and I know that if I don't go I'll regret it. Where do I start with the band?

Hardcore '81 and Something Better Change

Everything else is at your own risk

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong
All that talk a couple pages ago about Trap Them and Black Breath, but no mention of Nails' recent EP Unsilent Death? I think they're much closer to TT than Black Breath is.

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.artistalbums&artistid=21819071&albumid=15752390

If nothing else, check out "Suffering Soul" or the title track.

bobz0r
Jul 8, 2008

I have faith in us, if we don't self-destruct

act five posted:

Oh man, Touche Amore ripped poo poo up tonight. Envy was amazing, as expected. It's a shame Trash Talk had to cancel though

Hell yeah. really lookin forward to seeing them, envy , and la dispute on the 22nd at the casbah in san diego and it makes me happy to hear they are on their game

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Where the gently caress's Gerfatty

Ace from the Steinways/House Boat died a few months ago. I'm legitimately sad right now.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

bleedbackwards posted:

All that talk a couple pages ago about Trap Them and Black Breath, but no mention of Nails' recent EP Unsilent Death? I think they're much closer to TT than Black Breath is.

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.artistalbums&artistid=21819071&albumid=15752390

If nothing else, check out "Suffering Soul" or the title track.

That EP owns. I'm pretty sure someone mentioned it somewhere... it might have been in PHIZ.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
I feel very, very sorry for anyone who hasn't seen Propagandhi in concert. Greatest show of my life.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dickeye posted:

Where the gently caress's Gerfatty

Ace from the Steinways/House Boat died a few months ago. I'm legitimately sad right now.

Disregard this, people on the PPMB suck cocks

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

baberaham lincoln posted:

That EP owns. I'm pretty sure someone mentioned it somewhere... it might have been in PHIZ.

Todd Jones' best band was Carry On :colbert:

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Dickeye posted:

Disregard this, people on the PPMB suck cocks

I got bummed and then un-bummed in record time.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
Looks like I'm not getting my Mike Hale fix at Fest this year. :( Oh well PMFS reunion + Red Collar gently caress yeah.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

RunTo TheHills posted:

I got bummed and then un-bummed in record time.

It was ruined/saved about the time that Ace posted in the thread

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Not sure this would be the place for it but I can't really think of anywhere better, but is anyone else pumped that Gatsbys American Dream is getting back together?

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Red Red Blue posted:

Not sure this would be the place for it but I can't really think of anywhere better, but is anyone else pumped that Gatsbys American Dream is getting back together?

I am, Volcano is incredible.

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

"Maybe this whole internet idea wasn't a good idea."
-Tom Green (June 18th 2006, 3:52AM EST)
The new None More Black album leaked and it's really loving good. Definitely one of my favorite albums this year.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Red Red Blue posted:

This is the best news.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Rabbi Tupac posted:

This is the best news.

I don't care much for them but I really, really like their Just Like Heaven cover despite not liking the Cure. It just sounds so optimistic and happy.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

TheBlackMallard posted:

The new None More Black album leaked and it's really loving good. Definitely one of my favorite albums this year.

Nice. I didn't even know they got back together. I'll definitely have to check it out.

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

"Maybe this whole internet idea wasn't a good idea."
-Tom Green (June 18th 2006, 3:52AM EST)

acup posted:

Nice. I didn't even know they got back together. I'll definitely have to check it out.

They got back together right as LaGrecia broke up. I love Shevchuks music, but he has got to be high maintenance.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

I guess this only sorta belongs here, but just saw Ghastly City Sleep and didn't realize that their old drummer dropped out of the tour sometime around the beginning and was replaced for the tour by Ryan (dude who drummed for City of Caterpillar and Darkest Hour). So incestuous, that group

secondhand dog fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 19, 2010

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access

punxnbutter posted:

Oh so you went to the Pad too? I fuckin loved Touche Amore's set and was happy to see the crowd really into it. Some goofball was bitchin bout Envy towards the end of the night and proved my point on Toads crowds. I'm not sure why that chucklehead was hanging around if he wasn't into the headlining band.

Late response, but yeah Toads crowds suck almost as much as the security. I wasn't aware pileups equal crowd surfing. As much as I dislike the promoter, he's usually good about sticking up for people on that kind of poo poo.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

New None More Black is golden. I'm pumped to hear the new Queers and Methadones in a couple weeks too....too bad the Methadones are done.

For tough guy hardcore the new Donnybrook was pretty decent too.

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 19, 2010

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
donnybrook is still a band?

DRD
Aug 8, 2008

I was never a big fan of None More Black, but their new album is definitely growing on me.

The Ergs are playing a benefit show with Hunchback on December 5th at Asbury Lanes. This is such good news, I was so pissed that I missed their final show a few years ago.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

baberaham lincoln posted:

donnybrook is still a band?

They shouldn't be.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
My new band, Unholy Thoughts, just recorded a demo soon to be out on cassette. Here are a few songs from that demo: http://unholythoughts.bandcamp.com/ Check it out and let me know what you think.

GhostGuy
Sep 3, 2009
Went to Chain Reaction in Anaheim CA last night. I saw And So I Watch You From Afar, Touche Amore, La Dispute and Envy. Motherfucking ENVY!
It was a really good show. ASIWYFA played first, they're from Belfast Ireland. They had a really awesome sound. Huge variety of influences, but really original at the same time. It was actually the first time I had ever heard their stuff, and I really liked it.
Touche Amore and La Dispute were pretty awesome. It was pretty mellow for ASIWYFA's set, but the crowd went nuts for TA and LD. Tons of crowd surfing, some hardcore dancing and some fun spontaneous pits. Got slammed around pretty good. I haven't been to many shows in the last couple years, so it was just what I needed.

Then Envy came on. Holy poo poo they put on a good show. Tripped in the pit on their first song and hosed my knee up really bad, but it was worth it. I haven't listened to them since Dead Sinking Story and their sound has changed a lot. I've never been good at describing music, but it was explained to me that they went more "post rock".
After their set they went off stage, and the whole room was calling for an encore. We all got into a synchronized clap, and after a couple minutes of hoping and clapping, they came back out for another song. I think it was one of their older ones. Whatever it was, it was loving amazing.

My knee is swollen as gently caress and I can barely walk, but drat, such a good show.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Yeah that tour ruled. ASIWYFA were so, so rad despite their terrible name.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Hell if I know about Donnybrook.....the wonders of the Internet came back with a new album from them.

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access

GhostGuy posted:

Huge variety of influences, but really original at the same time.

Am I the only one that heard a lot of Don Cab in their stuff?

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

answersyouseek posted:

My new band, Unholy Thoughts, just recorded a demo soon to be out on cassette. Here are a few songs from that demo: http://unholythoughts.bandcamp.com/ Check it out and let me know what you think.

I diggin' it. PM when the tapes come in.

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005
Monkey see, Monkey do, Monkey has low I.Q.

answersyouseek posted:

You guys sound great, i'm liking this a lot. What do you play? Also I would be down for a cassette.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
What just happened on the SA front page? That is honestly the best write-up on Skramz I've ever read.

Edit: Hell, the Shikari @ CMAR video even has me in it!

NeilPerry fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Oct 22, 2010

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Thanks y'all. I am one of the 2 guitar players. Brandon and Lauren that do No Way Records are starting a new label called Vinyl Conflict Records and this cassette is going to be the first release on that label. I'll let y'all know when they are up for order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Thanks a ton! Garbage Day asked me to write something about metalcore or screamo and I couldn't pass it up.