Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

You want Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Run around killing hordes of bad dudes as marvel comic characters. Pretty fun action RPG that's similar to Gauntlet, the older X-Men Legends games, and the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance games, except this has online play.

The first Marvel Ultimate Alliance has multiplayer as well and is a much better game in my opinion. I have played through both and I only ever went back and replayed the first MUA. The 2nd one was derivative and stripped down with its only real 'addition' being the Fusion moves which aren't all that in my opinion. Plus, the first game has some awesome cinematics by Blur.

So if you can find it, pick up a copy of MUA and play the poo poo out of it, you won't regret it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

bonds0097 posted:

The first Marvel Ultimate Alliance has multiplayer as well and is a much better game in my opinion. I have played through both and I only ever went back and replayed the first MUA. The 2nd one was derivative and stripped down with its only real 'addition' being the Fusion moves which aren't all that in my opinion. Plus, the first game has some awesome cinematics by Blur.

So if you can find it, pick up a copy of MUA and play the poo poo out of it, you won't regret it.

I thought the first one was local multiplayer only? Well, if I'm wrong, definitely get the first one.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I've looked at the Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and we'll definitely get one of the two. Thank you so much for your help.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Can anyone recommend an FPS with a good single-player campaign? The last one I played and really enjoyed was BF1942, which is admittedly ancient. I got COD4:MW last night off of Steam and while it got lots of good recommendations the one complaint from nearly everyone is that the single-player campaign is very short.

Doesn't have to be WWII setting, or any war setting, really, although that's kind of what I'm in the mood for at the moment.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lazlow posted:

Can anyone recommend an FPS with a good single-player campaign? The last one I played and really enjoyed was BF1942, which is admittedly ancient. I got COD4:MW last night off of Steam and while it got lots of good recommendations the one complaint from nearly everyone is that the single-player campaign is very short.

Doesn't have to be WWII setting, or any war setting, really, although that's kind of what I'm in the mood for at the moment.

I really enjoyed Bad Company 2's singleplayer campaign, even though it's kind of a low-rent Modern Warfare 2. Oh, yeah I guess Modern Warfare 2 also - lots of great set pieces. Bad Company 1 had a pretty good campaign as well, but I think it's console only (?). For older games, Full Spectrum Warrior and the GRAW games were both fun.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Lazlow posted:

A few I can think of off the top of my head are Fallout 3, Bioshock, Fear, and Stalker Call of Pripyat. Though they're not particularly traditional FPSs. Fallout and Bioshock are more RPG/FPS, and Stalker is more of a survival FPS. Fear is actually pretty traditional, but it has a bullet-time function added on. All three have very nice single player campaigns.

vvv Yeah, I definitely should have suggested HL2. I guess I just assumed everyone who likes FPSs has to have played it. :downs:

Alkanos fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 27, 2010

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Lazlow posted:

You want Half-Life 2. If you like FPS games in the slightest and haven't played that yet, promptly kick yourself in the nuts for waiting this long, then go buy it.

Seriously, you'll love it.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 27, 2010

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

You want Half-Life 2. If you like FPS games in the slightest and haven't played that yet, promptly kick yourself in the nuts for waiting this long, then go buy it.

Seriously, you'll love it.

Yeah as far as FPSes with good stories go, Half-Life 2 is probably the best (though admittedly I haven't played the first game). If you find you like Half-Life 2, then don't hesitate to get the extra episodes and then join the rest of us in waiting for episode 3.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Are there any good games similar to Devil May Cry or Darksiders that also got ported to the PC? I don't have a console right now, but I'd like to find some other games where I can enjoy some nice mindless brawling. I don't necessarily care if they're exactly the same genre, just something fun that I can enjoy some frantic action for a couple minutes here and there.

whiskas
May 30, 2005
I'm looking for games that MY GIRLFRIEND might like. I'm mostly into really violent games with manly men shooting big guns making it rain gibs so I'm not too familiar with the gentler side of gaming.

- PC
- Singleplayer, coop, multiplayer, doesn't matter.
- She is absolutely obsessed with plants vs zombies right now.
- She mentioned she really enjoyed playing harvest moon and mario party on the N64, I can't think of any similar games on the PC.
- She isn't familiar with the concept of WASD, yet. So any games that revolve around controlling a character with WASD+mouse should be fairly simplistic and not require quick reaction skills. On a side note, what would be a good game for her to play that would get her familiar with the WASD scheme? I was thinking Portal, although it will be overwhelming later on in the more difficult levels. Any other ideas?
- She's not into realistic violence. I'm not saying the game should have zero violence, it's fine as long as you don't have blood and limbs flying all over the place.
- Strategy, adventure, puzzle, role-playing, simulation are genres that she will probably enjoy.
- Simple gameplay mechanics.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

whiskas posted:

I'm looking for games that MY GIRLFRIEND might like.

Have you ever heard of Zuma or Zuma's Revenge? It is pretty much everything you're describing. Simple, colorful, requires skill but not crazy hand eye coordination, is addictive as hell.

My girlfriend doesn't care about video games at all. The last one she liked was Mario Kart for SNES back when it first came out, actually. She has recently one-hundred-percented Zuma's Revenge, which takes a pretty good while to do, and she still isn't tired of it.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 28, 2010

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Hey, I'm looking for recommendations as to which version of Myst I should get. I've been wanting to play this game for over a decade and have never gotten around to it. I'm a huge fan of point and click/adventure games, and I'm wondering if this game has aged well if of it will feel like a chore now that I've been playing this generation's games for a few years.

Right now I've got a DS and a pretty cheap 64-bit Win 7 laptop. Which version would you guys suggest? Thanks for the tips.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Lester Shy posted:

Hey, I'm looking for recommendations as to which version of Myst I should get. I've been wanting to play this game for over a decade and have never gotten around to it. I'm a huge fan of point and click/adventure games, and I'm wondering if this game has aged well if of it will feel like a chore now that I've been playing this generation's games for a few years.

Right now I've got a DS and a pretty cheap 64-bit Win 7 laptop. Which version would you guys suggest? Thanks for the tips.

The DS port is apparently pretty shoddy. You might as well get the Masterpiece Edition, which is the original game with the graphics upgraded to 24-bit color.

There's also realMyst, a 3D remake with some added content, but I haven't played it myself and I'm generally against playing a remake before the original unless the original game wasn't very good.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Thanks for the tips. I had first mentioned that I've played all of the Half-Life games, but then thought that it probably should go without saying, because, duh. But I will admit that I only first played them all last year, and I kicked myself in the nuts then.

I've also played Bioshock and Fear and strangely did the same thing to both: I've gotten all the way to the very end and not completed the final battle. I'm kinda replaying Bioshock to prep for Bioshock 2, but Fear I don't really care for enough to finish or replay; while the gameplay was good enough I just got an overall 'meh' feeling from it, personally.

Going to definitely try Bad Company at some point. Stalker sounds interesting, too, but the one I'm looking forward to the most is Thief 4.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Rollersnake posted:

The DS port is apparently pretty shoddy. You might as well get the Masterpiece Edition, which is the original game with the graphics upgraded to 24-bit color.

There's also realMyst, a 3D remake with some added content, but I haven't played it myself and I'm generally against playing a remake before the original unless the original game wasn't very good.

realMyst is actually quite good IMO. For all intents and purposes it's exactly the same as Myst with an extra Age tacked on content-wise. The difference is that moving about the world is so much more intuitive than the HyperCard slideshow method of the original, which often isn't consistent at all. E.g. sometimes turning right will turn you 90 degrees, other times 180 degrees, depending on your location, etc. It didn't seem that cumbersome or confusing when I initially played the original but realMyst was a marked improvement in that regard nonetheless.

Red Octopus!!
Oct 27, 2010

by Fistgrrl
I've been thinking about getting Infinite Space for DS, but I'm worried it'll have incredibly convoluted gameplay and I'll devote excessive amounts of time learning every nook and cranny of the game mechanics. If it helps, I also prefer to have the boxes of the games I buy, and I hear the manual for Infinite Space is really helpful. I also liked the two GBA Super Robot Wars: Original Generation games, and I'm fully aware that SRW is a different RPG type than Infinite Space; I just like sci-fi, is all.

I've also been thinking about getting Muramasa for the Wii. It looks awesome, and I've been told it's awesome, but I just wanted to know if the actual gameplay is fun as well. Ergo, the game doesn't put all its effort into just the (admittedly awesome) graphics, does it?

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!
I've just recently played (and fallen in love with) Master of Orion 2. I'm sad it took me as long as it did to play because I've known of it for what seems like forever, and it's awesome.

I'm eager to check out other games that have improved and updated gameplay of a similar vein. From what I've read MOO3 was a major letdown and not really worth the time. Is Sins of a Solar Empire what I'm looking for, and if so, is there anything else worth checking out?

Star Wars Rebellion is probably the only other game I've played that's remotely similar to MOO2. I've played Civ IV, but I definitely prefer the style of Orion.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Red Octopus!! posted:

I've been thinking about getting Infinite Space for DS, but I'm worried it'll have incredibly convoluted gameplay and I'll devote excessive amounts of time learning every nook and cranny of the game mechanics. If it helps, I also prefer to have the boxes of the games I buy, and I hear the manual for Infinite Space is really helpful. I also liked the two GBA Super Robot Wars: Original Generation games, and I'm fully aware that SRW is a different RPG type than Infinite Space; I just like sci-fi, is all.

Infinite Space poorly explains a lot of its mechanics initially. You kind of have to stumble through them, learning them on your own, until they game feels gracious enough to unlock a help topic in the game's help system. The manual only partly helps. I wouldn't say that the mechanics are especially convoluted, they're not, they're just very poorly documented. Still, I found Infinite Space a very enjoyable game. Give it a shot, it's one of the most underrated DS games of this year.

If it will help, here's mine and someone else's posts from the "What should I know before playing a game?" thread about IS. Basically, pay attention to the help menu and you shouldn't have much trouble learning the game.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.

McKracken posted:

I've just recently played (and fallen in love with) Master of Orion 2. I'm sad it took me as long as it did to play because I've known of it for what seems like forever, and it's awesome.

I'm eager to check out other games that have improved and updated gameplay of a similar vein. From what I've read MOO3 was a major letdown and not really worth the time. Is Sins of a Solar Empire what I'm looking for, and if so, is there anything else worth checking out?

Star Wars Rebellion is probably the only other game I've played that's remotely similar to MOO2. I've played Civ IV, but I definitely prefer the style of Orion.

I've heard Sword of the Stars compared favourably to the Masters of Orion series. I've never played MoO but I can vouch for SotS being amazing with the expansion packs, if a little unintuitive at times.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

McKracken posted:

As said above, SotS is very good, highly recommended with all the expansion packs. Pretty cheap on GamersGate I'm sure.

There are a few good 4X games out there these days. Galactic Civilizations 2 is quite good.

You should also check out Distant Worlds. It's pausable real-time but a lot of people like it.

Sins of a Solar Empire is very good but it's not anything like MOO. It's an RTS that begins to approach being a 4X game.

Personally, I really enjoyed SotS and GalCiv2 (they have very different playstyles) and would recommend either or you could wait for SotS 2 if it's releasing soon.

Delrith Ur
Apr 26, 2006

by angerbeet
Hey guys. I recently just reinstalled and played through Fable Lost Chapters, and was instantly reminded of how much fun that game was even despite being disappointed by the hype. I like stuff where I can customize my character and have the ability to travel around as I please.

So, while I wait for Fable 3 to be released for PC, I was wondering if you guys could help me find another game to scratch that itch. I'm looking for a game that's RPGish with some fun beat 'em up/hack 'n slash combat where you can customize your character. I don't mind the RPG elements being deeper than Fable, especially if they're done well, but I really don't want the combat to suffer because of that. I like feeling as if I have direct control over my character, as opposed to queuing up hotkeys for spells or right clicking monsters to auto-attack and watching my character fight, a la KOTOR (although I loved KOTOR. Just not in the mood for that). I played the hell out of Jade Empire because of this, but it was kinda lacking in the other areas.

So, in essence what I'm looking for is:

*Beat 'em up/hack and slash combat with RPG elements

*Open world exploration (can be linear map like Fable, just need the ability to travel around in case I get the urge to spontaneously murder innocents)

*Decent character customization

*Don't care what setting it's in. From fantasy to outer space or battling zombies, or all three at the same time.

Any recommendations for me?

Delrith Ur fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 30, 2010

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Delrith Ur posted:

Hey guys. I recently just reinstalled and played through Fable Lost Chapters, and was instantly reminded of how much fun that game was even despite being disappointed by the hype. I like stuff where I can customize my character and have the ability to travel around as I please.

So, while I wait for Fable 3 to be released for PC, I was wondering if you guys could help me find another game to scratch that itch. I'm looking for a game that's RPGish with some fun beat 'em up/hack 'n slash combat where you can customize your character. I don't mind the RPG elements being deeper than Fable, especially if they're done well, but I really don't want the combat to suffer because of that. I like feeling as if I have direct control over my character, as opposed to queuing up hotkeys for spells or right clicking monsters to auto-attack and watching my character fight, a la KOTOR (although I loved KOTOR. Just not in the mood for that). I played the hell out of Jade Empire because of this, but it was kinda lacking in the other areas.

So, in essence what I'm looking for is:

*Beat 'em up/hack and slash combat with RPG elements

*Open world exploration (can be linear map like Fable, just need the ability to travel around in case I get the urge to spontaneously murder innocents)

*Decent character customization

*Don't care what setting it's in. From fantasy to outer space or battling zombies, or all three at the same time.

Any recommendations for me?

You pretty much just described The Witcher. Fantasy setting, lots of combat, open world RPG (that can be linear at times), good character development/customization, and you CAN go around slaughtering innocents if you really want to. Also has a cool alchemy system that people either love or hate; being an analytical type I kinda dug it.

Be sure to get the full/extended version (or whatever it's called) for the :quagmire: factor.

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!

bonds0097 posted:

As said above, SotS is very good, highly recommended with all the expansion packs. Pretty cheap on GamersGate I'm sure.

There are a few good 4X games out there these days. Galactic Civilizations 2 is quite good.

You should also check out Distant Worlds. It's pausable real-time but a lot of people like it.

Sins of a Solar Empire is very good but it's not anything like MOO. It's an RTS that begins to approach being a 4X game.

Personally, I really enjoyed SotS and GalCiv2 (they have very different playstyles) and would recommend either or you could wait for SotS 2 if it's releasing soon.

Frankosity posted:

I've heard Sword of the Stars compared favourably to the Masters of Orion series. I've never played MoO but I can vouch for SotS being amazing with the expansion packs, if a little unintuitive at times.

Thanks guys, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Lazlow posted:

You pretty much just described The Witcher. Fantasy setting, lots of combat, open world RPG (that can be linear at times), good character development/customization, and you CAN go around slaughtering innocents if you really want to. Also has a cool alchemy system that people either love or hate; being an analytical type I kinda dug it.

Be sure to get the full/extended version (or whatever it's called) for the :quagmire: factor.

Depends on what he means about cumstomization, though. Great as The Witcher is, you can only play one character with one appearance and only swords are really viable as weapons. Everyone should play it, on the other hand. :)

Other games in the open world/lots of customization department are the Elder Scrolls games (Morrowind and Oblivion), the Gothic games and Two Worlds.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Wallet posted:

Are there any good games similar to Devil May Cry or Darksiders that also got ported to the PC? I don't have a console right now, but I'd like to find some other games where I can enjoy some nice mindless brawling. I don't necessarily care if they're exactly the same genre, just something fun that I can enjoy some frantic action for a couple minutes here and there.

Didn't Arkham Asylum get a PC port?

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed

Supreme Allah posted:

It did and absolutely everyone should own Arkham Asylum.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Supreme Allah posted:

Yep. If what you want is good quality brawling on the PC, then Arkham Asylum has you covered. I highly recommend it.

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004
What's the closest thing to dragon's souls on the PC? I'm not really willing to dump money on a PS3 for 1 game, but i'm looking for a tough, tactical, single character action RPG. The witcher left me wanting with its 2 click combat that didn't seem to progress much. Is there something else out there like demon's souls?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Pikey posted:

What's the closest thing to dragon's souls on the PC? I'm not really willing to dump money on a PS3 for 1 game, but i'm looking for a tough, tactical, single character action RPG. The witcher left me wanting with its 2 click combat that didn't seem to progress much. Is there something else out there like demon's souls?

Nothing, really. Gothic comes closest. It's a dated series and I haven't played the latest one but Gothic 1 and 2 can be butt loving hard at times with boars and monster gophers that will kill you instantly.

Risen, spiritual successor to Gothic, is like that as well but it's still more of a classic open-world single-player RPG than a straight forward linear level crawler.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

I'm looking for something sci-fi, preferably of the space variety. Doesn't have to be exactly an MMO (cheaper the better, really), but an RPG or action would be nice, especially with a multiplayer component where people are actually online. I'm going to try out Global Agenda but I don't know how that would be. PC is probably the best option, though I have a 360 (yes, I've played Vanquish, and it owns).

I feel like there are no good space/sci-fi games. :(

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Sulk posted:

I'm looking for something sci-fi, preferably of the space variety. Doesn't have to be exactly an MMO (cheaper the better, really), but an RPG or action would be nice, especially with a multiplayer component where people are actually online. I'm going to try out Global Agenda but I don't know how that would be. PC is probably the best option, though I have a 360 (yes, I've played Vanquish, and it owns).

Shattered Horizon is fun in short spurts and the idea of zero-G battling needs to be explored more in shooters. Believe it or not there are still dedicated servers full of hundreds of people who still play Freelancer.

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
The answer is no.

sexy mouse fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Oct 31, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Sulk posted:

Uhhhh.... Halo? I mean, yeah it's the most obvious candidate, but you can't really overlook it. There's a lot of love and a lot of hate simultaneously, but I still think it's a pretty fun online game. Halo Reach definitely feels the most sci-fi of the bunch.

Man, if only UT2K4 was more active... or if UT3 didn't suck as much.

Delrith Ur
Apr 26, 2006

by angerbeet

Lazlow posted:

I'll have to look into it. How much character customization is there to it? Do I get different types of armor and can I level my character to specific skills? And how deep is the exploration aspect of it(i.e secret weapons and items that you have to explore to find)?

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Depends on what he means about cumstomization, though. Great as The Witcher is, you can only play one character with one appearance and only swords are really viable as weapons.

Well shoot, that's not quite what I'm looking for. I like to be able to doll my character up however the gently caress I please.

quote:

Other games in the open world/lots of customization department are the Elder Scrolls games (Morrowind and Oblivion), the Gothic games and Two Worlds.

I played the everloving poo poo out of the TES series and loved them, though Morrowind (which I think is superior to Oblivion on the roleplaying end of things) had abysmal combat. Still loved it though. Gothic had it's moments but is so goddamn broken, and isn't Two World's universally thought of as being an abysmal Oblivion clone? I've only heard bad things about it. Videos on Youtube don't make it seem to appealing.

Man, I love Bioware's RPG games, but why couldn't KOTOR and Dragon Age have had brawler style combat? :(

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Uhhhh.... Halo? I mean, yeah it's the most obvious candidate, but you can't really overlook it. There's a lot of love and a lot of hate simultaneously, but I still think it's a pretty fun online game. Halo Reach definitely feels the most sci-fi of the bunch.

Man, if only UT2K4 was more active... or if UT3 didn't suck as much.

Got it at launch. Beat it. Multiplayer was pretty much standard fare as usual. Haven't played it for a few weeks. So eh.

(Also yes, I've played every game in the main series, including ODST)

Delrith Ur
Apr 26, 2006

by angerbeet
Vanquish looks like a loving awesome sci-fi game

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lazlow posted:

Thanks for the tips. I had first mentioned that I've played all of the Half-Life games, but then thought that it probably should go without saying, because, duh. But I will admit that I only first played them all last year, and I kicked myself in the nuts then.

I've also played Bioshock and Fear and strangely did the same thing to both: I've gotten all the way to the very end and not completed the final battle. I'm kinda replaying Bioshock to prep for Bioshock 2, but Fear I don't really care for enough to finish or replay; while the gameplay was good enough I just got an overall 'meh' feeling from it, personally.

Going to definitely try Bad Company at some point. Stalker sounds interesting, too, but the one I'm looking forward to the most is Thief 4.

Just one more great recommendation for you: Singularity. One of the best old-school Single Player shooters in recent years. It's a little bit linear but has a nice Half-Life vibe to it. Also if you haven't already tried it Prey was loving awesome.

Delrith Ur posted:

Well shoot, that's not quite what I'm looking for. I like to be able to doll my character up however the gently caress I please.

Ok - the character looks aren't that customizable but maybe the skill tree will make you reconsider because poo poo - you should play the loving Witcher.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.

Delrith Ur posted:

Vanquish looks like a loving awesome sci-fi game

It so is and anyone who likes shooters should buy it. It's quite possibly the best shooter - if not one of the best games full stop - to come out this decade and will go totally ignored because Sega failed to advertise it at all and released it the same day as Fallout: New Vegas.

Delrith Ur
Apr 26, 2006

by angerbeet

Palpek posted:

Ok - the character looks aren't that customizable but maybe the skill tree will make you reconsider because poo poo - you should play the loving Witcher.

Well, that does look pretty badass. How are the other RPG mechanics? is the world big and sprawling? Can I buy a house or become infamous for stealing everything that isn't nailed down? Can I hire dudes to fight with me? what kind of RPG stuff do I get besides the skill system (which looks awesome)?

edit: Nevermind. The Witcher doesn't really seem to be what I'm looking for. While I'll probably end up picking it up at some point because I'm really intrigued by the skills and alchemy system, the combat doesn't look like what I'm trying to find. While it's not as point > click as Dragon Age, it's definitely not really in the brawler style. It appears to be a bit stiff and automated and not very maneuverable, and that always disappoints me because it always makes me feel like there's a disconnect between the character and myself. Obviously I'm not expecting there to be a deep and fulfilling RPG with a God of War combat model (dear god somebody please make this), but even the more simplistic yet tighter feeling of control like Fable which essentially amounts to pressing left quick to swing my sword and jumping and dodging attacks or Jedi Outcast's retarded simple lightsaber swinging are more akin to what I am looking for.

Delrith Ur fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 31, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Still looking for a game that's anything like:

Baldur's Gate 2:Dark Alliance or Champions of Norrath:Return to Arms