Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LoadedDice34
Jun 14, 2010

Livingston posted:

The video you linked is only 10 minutes long.

My bad, I meant the track at 7:47. Editing the original post now.

Heres the video again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU8PTEr8LGg&feature=related

LoadedDice34 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
What song starts playing at 0:53 in this?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

LoadedDice34 posted:

Can anyone Identify the track that drops at 7:47 in this video of Pendulum's Earstorm DJ Set?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU8PTEr8LGg&feature=related

It's just a remix of Set Me on Fire, from Immersion. The song was originally called 'Set Fire To Me' when it was played out at Earstorm, that's the version in the video. It got changed along the way, in fact Rob Swire said in his twitter there's three unreleased versions of it out there.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Maha posted:

What song starts playing at 0:53 in this?

Jesus, what the gently caress did I just listen to? :psyduck: Anyway my best guess would be something by Bullet for my Valentine.

Liquid Criminal
Mar 5, 2007

You do whatever work comes your way
Ok, here's a drat obscure one that's been bugging me for literally two years. I heard it on a bus. The shuttle driver always plays jazz CD's and he must have hundreds of them since I've never heard the song twice.

The particular song in question is a jazz tune sung by a woman. It mostly has a call and response format between singer and a male "audience."

The chorus, for as much as I can remember, has the lines "If you like it holler 'yay', if you don't than holler 'boo'"

She then goes on to describe various situations, most of them having a turn at the end. For example, she'll sing "Only two girls" and the men will yell "BOO!" followed by her singing "For every guy" which, of course, the men cheer "YAY!!"

Another line went something like "Two women on stage, completely covered" "BOO!" "With cellophane!" "YAAY!", etc. You get the idea.

Google gives me no love and I haven't heard anything close since, though when I asked that bus driver today about the particular song, he mentioned Anita O'Day, for whatever reason.

This is a really catchy song and for the love of GOD I want more than just two lines to get stuck in my head!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Livingston posted:

I'm looking for a song that I started humming to myself the other day, and don't know where I heard it. The chorus goes "Yeah yeah ya ya yeah, yeah yeah ya ya ya yeah!" It is very upbeat, almost punk, but more like power pop. It's not by the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs, or LCD Soundsystem, or Flaming Lips - which were the artists my searches led me to.

If no one has any idea what I'm talking about I can record me singing the chorus. It's sung rhythmically, and it gradually rises in pitch.

Thanks!
This has gotta be DEVO - Uncontrollable Urge

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

Liquid Criminal posted:

Ok, here's a drat obscure one that's been bugging me for literally two years. I heard it on a bus. The shuttle driver always plays jazz CD's and he must have hundreds of them since I've never heard the song twice.

The particular song in question is a jazz tune sung by a woman. It mostly has a call and response format between singer and a male "audience."

The chorus, for as much as I can remember, has the lines "If you like it holler 'yay', if you don't than holler 'boo'"

She then goes on to describe various situations, most of them having a turn at the end. For example, she'll sing "Only two girls" and the men will yell "BOO!" followed by her singing "For every guy" which, of course, the men cheer "YAY!!"

Another line went something like "Two women on stage, completely covered" "BOO!" "With cellophane!" "YAAY!", etc. You get the idea.

Google gives me no love and I haven't heard anything close since, though when I asked that bus driver today about the particular song, he mentioned Anita O'Day, for whatever reason.

This is a really catchy song and for the love of GOD I want more than just two lines to get stuck in my head!

That sounds a lot like a schoolyard song we used to sing called "Salvation Army", I bet it was inspired by your song. I can't remember all the words (I haven't heard it in around 30 years) but this is what I remember:

Salvation Aaaaaarmy, Salvation Aaaarmy
*some kind of question* in your town?
In my town, all the girls wear grass skirts!
Oh no!
But all the men have lawnmowers!
Oh yeah!

We had about a hundred verses for it. Paper skirts and scissors, and I remember something about the completely covered in cellophane thing too.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

:zombie:hiiitsss:zombie:

Pablo Gigante posted:

This has gotta be DEVO - Uncontrollable Urge

Thank you so much!

Liquid Criminal
Mar 5, 2007

You do whatever work comes your way

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

That sounds a lot like a schoolyard song we used to sing called "Salvation Army", I bet it was inspired by your song. I can't remember all the words (I haven't heard it in around 30 years) but this is what I remember:

Salvation Aaaaaarmy, Salvation Aaaarmy
*some kind of question* in your town?
In my town, all the girls wear grass skirts!
Oh no!
But all the men have lawnmowers!
Oh yeah!

We had about a hundred verses for it. Paper skirts and scissors, and I remember something about the completely covered in cellophane thing too.

That's not getting me any closer (though Google hasn't helped me yet finding this song). I definitely remember getting a Roaring 20's burlesque/speakeasy vibe from the song.

Liquid Criminal fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 28, 2010

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-SvMnQNZSc&t=288s

Anyone know the name of this track?

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008
Does anyone know the name of the song in the Becks advert that plays before the main video on this link http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opt...tid=36:fighters

Thanks..

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

:zombie:hiiitsss:zombie:

a pwn cocktail posted:

Does anyone know the name of the song in the Becks advert that plays before the main video on this link http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opt...tid=36:fighters

Thanks..

I'm getting a commercial for the US Marines every time, 10/10 tries. Can you find the ad anywhere else?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

a pwn cocktail posted:

Thanks..

I did a Youtube search for Becks commercials; is it "It Overtakes Me" by The Flaming Lips?

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone know the name of the song this beat was taken from?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJh3X1UbzmY
Pretty sure it's a 2pac song.

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008

Livingston posted:

I'm getting a commercial for the US Marines every time, 10/10 tries. Can you find the ad anywhere else?

Nope :<
Will try to find another source (If anyone else from the UK would like to give it a shot, the advert will probably be the same for you)

holdyourfire posted:

I did a Youtube search for Becks commercials; is it "It Overtakes Me" by The Flaming Lips?

Yeah that's for a much older advert, and it's the only return I get when searching for Becks advert soundtracks!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was visiting St John in the US Virgin Islands and I heard this song on the radio. It's a reggae song in which I specifically remember hearing the Virgin Islands mentioned, but the chorus goes "Marijuana be the one... that I reside with, forever..."

Please help me!

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
I'm trying to find a song by the title of "We Both Know", but I don't know the artist name. I recall him being an elderly black guy, American I think, with a deep voice, known for his acoustic guitar playing. The song itself was a furiously-strummed pounding acoustic number, and the title lyric was and "we both know it's true". The song also had violins, and lyrics structured around "you say... I say..."

This is really annoying because I know a lot about the song but no amount of Googling will recover it.

edit: exactly ONE MINUTE after posting this I remembered the artist-- Richie Havens! This has been bugging me for about a month now and I suddenly found it again. Maybe this post was just needed to jog my memory.

Popcorn fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 31, 2010

Tshirt Ninja
Jan 1, 2010
The beginning of the solo of Ten Years Gone sounds just like another song from the 60s or 70s and I think it's a Beatles tune but I don't know. I should really know this but I just can't recall.

Ten Years Gone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYpydtdlWxA (skip to 2:30)

Popcorn, you want We Both Know by Richie Havens.

Tshirt Ninja fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 31, 2010

Oisin
Jul 22, 2009
I'm trying to find a song from a playlist on Radio Blog Club (before it went down). The playlist had PJ Harvey's "The Dancer", Billy Bragg and Wilco's "California Stars", and Tom Wait's "In the Colosseum". A shot in the dark - but does anyone have access or remember this playlist (it was relatively short).

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Tshirt Ninja posted:

The beginning of the solo of Ten Years Gone sounds just like another song from the 60s or 70s and I think it's a Beatles tune but I don't know. I should really know this but I just can't recall.

Ten Years Gone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYpydtdlWxA (skip to 2:30)

First thing I thought of when I heard it was the beginning of Band on the Run.

Tshirt Ninja
Jan 1, 2010

Erebus posted:

First thing I thought of when I heard it was the beginning of Band on the Run.

That's it. Thanks!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I should know this, and I probably did at some point, but whatever. It's a pretty well-known piece for the organ, not sure if it's by a classical composer but it feels like it is. It's that dark, foreboding music that gets played a lot in horror movies, especially as part of the soundtrack for silent horror movies. It's not Saint-Saëns' Danse macabre but that other ubiquitous horror movie composition, and like I said, it's only for the organ, or at least I've never heard it performed with any other instrumentation. For anyone that saw tonight's Boardwalk Empire, it's the piece that plays for the brief moment we see Lucy at the theater watching Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Bach toccata and fugue in d minor

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Schweinhund posted:

Bach toccata and fugue in d minor

You're the bee's knees, my friend.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

Does anyone know the name of the song this beat was taken from?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJh3X1UbzmY
Pretty sure it's a 2pac song.

2Pac - So Many Tears

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I would crawl ass-naked over a sea of broken glass just to kiss a dick
This song. What song is this. Somebody tell me what song this is. This song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xBEPyCzRTY

ShardPhoenix
Jun 15, 2001

Pickle: Inspected.
One I've been having trouble with lately is a sort of middle-core rock song featuring clean guitars and a fast beat in the background alternating between drum and hi-hat, with drawn-out, swelling male vocals with a kind of wistful/desperate feel. I can only half-remember really generic lyric fragments, the words are kind of hard to make out. One part sounds something like "I haaaad nooo, waaaay (or wheeere), something, to go" (with the fast beat in the background the whole time).

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

ShardPhoenix posted:

One I've been having trouble with lately is a sort of middle-core rock song featuring clean guitars and a fast beat in the background alternating between drum and hi-hat, with drawn-out, swelling male vocals with a kind of wistful/desperate feel. I can only half-remember really generic lyric fragments, the words are kind of hard to make out. One part sounds something like "I haaaad nooo, waaaay (or wheeere), something, to go" (with the fast beat in the background the whole time).

Hmm, All-American Rejects - Move Along?

Pogobubba
Jan 3, 2010
A friend of mine is searching for an indie/alternative song with the lyrics "open your eyes i see you wither and die" Kinda vague, but this thread never ceases to amaze.

oh globbits
Dec 16, 2008
I was in topshop and I heard this song with a chorus along the lines of "It feels alright, alright, alright", and it was drat catch but I can't for the life of me find it despite searching through their playlists. Any ideas?

Tingles
Jul 26, 2006

oh globbits posted:

I was in topshop and I heard this song with a chorus along the lines of "It feels alright, alright, alright", and it was drat catch but I can't for the life of me find it despite searching through their playlists. Any ideas?

Collective Soul- It Feels Like (It Feels Alright)?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJaIOtKiMIc&feature=related

ShardPhoenix
Jun 15, 2001

Pickle: Inspected.

HoldYourFire posted:

Hmm, All-American Rejects - Move Along?
Thanks, but that's not it. The song I'm thinking of is less bouncy/punky.

oh globbits
Dec 16, 2008

Tingles posted:

Collective Soul- It Feels Like (It Feels Alright)?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJaIOtKiMIc&feature=related

Good song but not quite the one I was after

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

oh globbits posted:

U2 - Mysterious Ways ?

Tingles
Jul 26, 2006

oh globbits posted:

Good song but not quite the one I was after

Hmmm, here is the only other I could think of-
Jimmy Eat World - The Middle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKsxPW6i3pM&ob=av2n

Bensa
Aug 21, 2007

Loyal 'til the end.
http://www.tindeck.com/listen/emdr

Tried Midomi but its not the sort of song that service deals with well.

BagelMaster
Mar 20, 2008
Can anyone identify this tune or the band that provides the music for this video? It's really killin'!

http://vimeo.com/16381683

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Underground hip hop song that I found in NMD one time. White dude, possibly from Canada, with strung out long hair. He uses a crossfader a lot(Think it is what he is known for) and I think the song or album was called "Planets" or something like that. Collaborated with a black dude in the song and it was basically them going over a strong bass line. I know the beat so well and so close to getting lyrics but just not there yet.

Sorry for the pretty vague description but hopefully White Underground rapper with crazy hair helps!

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
Ok. These are the vaguest of details and I fully understand if you can't work with them.

But I'm thinking of a relatively new song, still on the radio, and it has a bit of electro and Irish flute music as well. Of the lyrics, all I can remember is something along the lines of "I was caught in..."

I'm hoping a genius browsing this thread will know exactly what I mean.

E:-Got it. Ricky L ft MCK - Born again

Brigadier Sockface fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 6, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
I doubt anyone can help me with this one, but I'll try anyway.

I heard this techno/dance song when I was in St. Petersburg and it's been bugging me that I can't find it now. I don't remember any lyrics, just that the chorus was a bunch of squeaky beeps set to this funny little tune.

I heard it once in a club and then again in a restaurant the same night. I don't know if it's Russian or not.