Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Nicotine is 100% out of your body in 3 days. The tar in your lungs though is going to take a week or so to get most of it out. You'll start feeling better soon. I tell everyone a week to start feeling better.

Keep going at it, it is so worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Straw Dog
Dec 9, 2008

by Ozmaugh
I've been smoke free for about 2 or 3 months. Come to think of it, I can't really remember how long it's been since I had my last one. Guess I'm at the point I no longer care about how long it's been.

Working out more and drinking less in the weekends have made it all a lot easier for me.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
My wife (12 years smoking) and I (13 years smoking) stopped a couple of weeks ago cold turkey when she became pregnant. A pregnant women who has smoke since she was 15...

This is hell.

Other then wanting one desperately after she freaks out for reason one million and one, its not so bad.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Veskit posted:

Thing is I still feel like poo poo. The smokers flu has far from gone away. My body is in a horrible haze. How long does it seriously take most people who quit cold turkey for all the crazy physical addiction problems to go away? I have no urge for a cigarette honestly, I just want to not feel horrible. I feel hoorrrrriiblleee.

I'm assuming the poo poo feeling is a bellcurve that reaches a peak at 36 hours, and tapers down but I just am curious how long this can go on for...

When I quit the first time I was in a haze for like a month, I would feel fine for a couple days and then I'd be just out of it for a couple it sucked. I'm pretty sure it was all mental.

I started smoking again after 2 years, but I wasn't really into it and couldn't get used to the taste like I did before. Several months later I quit again and only felt the haze for about 3 days, was irritable for weeks though.

What I'm saying is even if it sucks and it lasts a lot longer than you think it should you will feel better. It takes everyone different amounts of time to get over the physical and mental addiction.

Thomase posted:

My wife (12 years smoking) and I (13 years smoking) stopped a couple of weeks ago cold turkey when she became pregnant. A pregnant women who has smoke since she was 15...

This is hell.

Other then wanting one desperately after she freaks out for reason one million and one, its not so bad.

Keep it up and don't start back up when you think it's safe, you'll need that extra money for your kid.

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta

Sadisto posted:

What reasons would a doctor have, aside from the health warnings that the company states, to not prescribe Chantix? The only reason I'm going to the doctor is to get this prescription, and I don't have insurance so just seeing the guy is going to cost me. It'll be a waste if he doesn't give me the scrip. Can doctors at free clinics prescribe it?

Night terrors - Chantix supposedly gives 'vivid dreams' and I'm already on something else to make mine less vivid.

Still going strong. :D

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
OK, turns out at near exactly 72 hours, the physical withdrawals go away. It was such an amazing feeling to not feel like hell, and only deal with the psychological withdrawals.

sourpuss solstice
Sep 22, 2008
I've been smoke free for 4 weeks now. I am hoping the worst is over.
The only issues I've been having with quitting seems to be my quality of sleep has gone down the loving drain.

I've never had problems sleeping before but now I wake several times each night or sometimes it takes me hours to fall asleep. I know it the nic fit cause I've been eating well, working out daily (both of which are nothing new in the last few years) and still find myself tossing and turning.

I've had an awful time trying to sleep this last week. Last night I slept on my rug to see if maybe getting away from my mattress (which is awful) might help. I still didn't does off until maybe 3am after trying since 10pm.

Suggestions? I'm not into sleep medication but I'm willing to try other things.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I quit about 9 months ago and haven't looked back!

Congrats to those who kicked it!

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
I think I can safely say that I have successfully quit. It was September 17th that I quit nicotine all together. I haven't had ANY nicotine in ANY form since. I even survived a 2k mile round trip road trip, driving by myself. I don't feel wonderful, and I can honestly say I miss not being able to smell (the world, apparently, hasn't bathed in a Frenchman's age), and food now tastes horrible. On the other hand, I live in upstate New York, and cigarettes are over $10 a pack here, since Gov'ner Stupid and his fucktard assembly raised cigarette tax almost $2 a pack. So rather than paying for Albany and NYC to gently caress over the states finances some more, I quit. I'm hoping that $zero is better than the $some they used to get.

Yes, I ragequit smoking. gently caress New York.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
GBS I got drunk and had a 1/3 of a cigarette :(

poo poo, God damnit. I hope I don't have withdrawals again from this.

WE RIDE
Jul 29, 2003
I'm into my third day smoke-free, and so far, so good.

I smoked (PAST TENSE!) maybe ten a day? But that would multiply massively when I went out drinking or to parties with friends. I'd been smoking for maybe five or six years. I'd been vaguely considering quitting for a while, but never really felt an imperative urge to do it. The other night I came down with one of those horrid chesty coughs (woke up in the middle of the night coughing), and that was it. I realized I was sick of this stuff, sick of poisoning myself and my lungs, and the next day, I went outside to smoke on a break, and afterwards just thought "that was my last cigarette". I flushed away all the ones that were left in my pack and bang, no more. I think my feeling a bit ill at the moment is helping with my cravings, but I think by next week I'll be clawing at the walls. I'm determined, though, to do this. I really don't want to be a smoker anymore.

Quit Date: Thursday 14 October 2010

swebonny
Aug 24, 2010
I can tell you a motivating story about my oldest uncle that was a chain smoker. He was a very active man in his youth, winning several swimming medals. Since he was studying to become a camera man he loved wildlife and nature, which meant that he strolled around the woods and climbing mountains rather often and that required good stamina.

However after school and after having a nice paid work he somehow started to smoke, chain smoking that is. He could smoke 3-4 packs of cigarettes a day.
About 5 years ago I started to notice that he had this cough and made all strange noises with his throat. He was still a heavy smoker, it was like he was surrounded by smoke 24/7.

Fast forward to 2008.

My uncle is sick, he can barely talk to us because of the coughing and pain in the chest area. Felt really bad to see him in that shape. He could barely walk, people had to support him. I never thought I would see him in such a bad shape, I mean it looked like he was dying. He went to the doctor all the times, taking cough medicine that didn't help at all.
Then the worst thing happened; he got x-rayed and saw this white shaped over the right lung. We decided to not tell grandma and grandpa.

Now fast forward to 2010.

Me and my family arrived to the airport in the middle of the summer, almost 40 degree Celsius and humidity of maybe 80%. We exited the airport and I saw my uncle waiting for us. He looked much better than before, much more happy and healthier.
He had quited smoking. I think the spot in the lung was the event that made him change his mind.
He was a different man , had a vacuum flask with tea in it, said it cleaned his body. No lighters in his car, no lighters anywhere near him.

And the moment I remembered most.

All of the relatives was gathered, we are not many only 9 people.
After walking for hours and hours everyone were tired. We were about to go home, when we lost sight of my uncle. Where was he?
Heh, at some 500 meter high hill taking pictures of us (with his new camera lens that I can not afford) :)

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I really need to find another stress reliever than smoking. Smoked a pack the other day (That's a pack and a few cigarettes over the course of what, 3 weeks?). Took me three days to smoke it, and I was forcing myself to smoke it. There is no legitimate reason, but meh. Now I'm stressed and want a cigarette. I'll tough this one out though, too late to go out and get a pack.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
Almost a year for me and the main thing keeping me from smoking now is the price, the loving government and their high rear end taxes won. If i could still smoke for a buck a pack i would be doing it, i'd honestly settle for the low, low three buck a pack cigarettes. It doesn't help that they cost less than a buck when i started.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I've been cigarette free for just over one month now. I was steeling myself for a horrible time as I approached my quit, but reading Carr's book and the simple mindset of "I'm not quitting smoking, I'm simply a non-smoker now" has been extraordinarily useful. I've beaten the worst of the cravings using the occasional snus, but going from nearly a pack a day to one or two snuses a day has been a tremendous accomplishment for me. I've resisted the temptation to smoke- even while drinking- by repeating to myself that any cig I bum is going to taste loving awful, make me smell gross, and make me feel like poo poo about it the next day.

Ah, it's great to have my lungs back!

LZEnglish
Jul 11, 2009

Sorry to revive the thread with something that even I know is nothing to brag about, but drat it, I must share: it is now exactly 72 hours since my last cigarette.

Please tell me this poo poo gets easier.

Doodlebug
Apr 23, 2007

imma doodlebug

LZEnglish posted:

Sorry to revive the thread with something that even I know is nothing to brag about, but drat it, I must share: it is now exactly 72 hours since my last cigarette.

Please tell me this poo poo gets easier.

yup yup yup. getting close to two months now myself, and I don't think about smoking that much anymore. just power through it and really try and figure out something new to do that feels good (i try and make sure to walk an hour a day on most days, it helps quit smoking and feels really good... i just break out running for fun sometimes and 3 months ago I NEVER thought I would run for fun ever)

edit- also, advice for the 72 hour mark specifically- slept a shitload for the first 5 days, just to escape feeling lovely really... i started walking on day 6 on a whim and it was awesome

Doodlebug fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Oct 28, 2010

Pig Head
Mar 9, 2006

He'll bite your face
I'm on Day 2 of quitting after being a smoker for almost 22 years. It loving sucks. My PCP recommended taking Welbutrin for 3 months (I started taking it 7 days before quitting) and I'm on the 7mg patch. This better get easier soon. All I want to do is cry all the time. And eat red velvet cake.

My plan is to take tomorrow off from work and sleep all day. This whole being awake bullshit makes it so much harder. :cry:

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

Pig Head posted:

I'm on the 7mg patch.

Good god man get some more nicotine into you.

quote:

Combinations recommended ranged from the wearing of two 21 mg nicotine patches and/or the addition of 2 or 4 mg nicotine gum, inhaler,sublingual tablets and lozenges when required for ‘break-out’ smoking.
http://www.australianacademicpress.com.au/Publications/Journals/smoke_cessation/JSC_Bittoun.pdf

quote:

combinations of NRT products provide greater efficacy in relieving withdrawal and enabling cessation than monotherapy http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/adis/cns/2001/00000015/00000006/art00004

A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial:

quote:

Treatment with the nicotine inhaler plus nicotine patch resulted in significantly higher cessation rates than inhaler plus placebo patch. http://archinte.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/160/20/3128

KingEup fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 29, 2010

Dacke
Jun 29, 2006

Christ I just took myself off of Chantix after a week and a half of hell. I know it works for some people but I've had mild depression off and on since I was 15 and it basically multiplied that depression by at least 4-5 fold. I was thinking about suicide at least a few times a day as if it were just some normal, random thought. I was trying to stick it through but I'll find another way to quit, gently caress that. Ugh.

hooliganesh
Aug 1, 2003

REPENT!

Pig Head posted:

I'm on Day 2 of quitting after being a smoker for almost 22 years. It loving sucks. My PCP recommended taking Welbutrin for 3 months (I started taking it 7 days before quitting) and I'm on the 7mg patch. This better get easier soon. All I want to do is cry all the time. And eat red velvet cake.

How about a status update? A thread such as this one needs to keep going, especially if I'm going to go through with my threat of quitting (for good) after smoking for ~24 years.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
I may be bad, but I feel good.
I've only been smoking since 2006, but tomorrow marks my third full week without smoking. I tried quitting before, but quickly grew impatient with it and would end up buying another pack. Then one day, I dunno, it just made sense. It hasn't been an issue at all, and two of my roommates smoke (so I smell it, and am around it daily). I even found a full pack of smokes in a luggage bag in my closet, and it didn't phase me. I didn't bother with expensive patches or gum.

Granted, I haven't been smoking all that long (a little over 4 years), but right up to when I quit, I was going through half a pack to a pack a day, depending on the day's events. I dunno, it just sort of happened like flipping a lightswitch. I hope the rest of you guys can find the fortitude to make it through.

I feel like the real challenge will be on a drinking night. Maybe that's why I haven't gone and gotten drunk yet.

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Nov 11, 2010

Steve Higginson
Oct 21, 2005
NO NO NO we do not have images of fat guys sucking each others dicks in our custom titles!

Spitshine posted:

I feel like the real challenge will be on a drinking night. Maybe that's why I haven't gone and gotten drunk yet.

I had been smoking since 2006 before I quit back in March. I quit a few days before Paddy's Day, so I went out and got very drunk. I spent as much time as I usually did as a smoker in the bar's smoking area with one intention: not smoking.

I'd recommend getting drinking out of the way soon and make sure your drunk self is an rear end in a top hat about smoking. Haven't had one cigarette since March and since I haven't wanted to have one since about May I'm fairly certain I never will again.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

GhostDog posted:

I'm on day 10 now, after 20 years of a pack a day. Went cold turkey. The first few days where easy as pie because I used them to paint the walls and clean every single object in my apartment from nicotine. You just have to keep busy. I'm more afraid of six or eight weeks in, when the initial burst of motivation has run out.

Over 2 months now. Going really well and I feel much, much better. There are situations where I'd like a smoke, but generally that's more a matter of nostalgia than addiction. Only sometimes the urge suddenly becomes really strong and overwhelming, but then blows over as quickly as it came, never really lasting more than a minute or two. But for a moment there it can feel like I've already lost, and there's no way to get over this, and I better just grab my wallet and go buy a packet right now. After I recognized the pattern it became much easier to fight/ignore. As a fallback I always have (normal, non-nicotin) gum with me, just to have something to stuff in my mouth if I absolutely need too.

Lemony Fresh Smurf
Jul 20, 2007

ok ill tell them the fucking awesome plan
I think I might actually win, GBS! I've posted in these threads a couple times and failed miserably but now it's been almost 5 months since my last cigarette and I feel GREAT! My first week was a living nightmare. Day five hit me the hardest, I remember coming close to having a completely juvenile tantrum over something small and trivial so I decided to hermit for a while to avoid taking it out on my friends. Luckily my roommate was attempting to quit at the same time so we bought wine, sat at home and bitched together. She lapsed a bit but has been clean for a couple months now. :3: I'm really proud of us.

I still have cravings when I'm at the bar with my friends but they all know my goal and always remind me I'm doing a good job. It really helps to have that encouragement, I don't think I'd last without it. And those tea tree chewing stick things that were promoted in the thread. I feel kind of silly for gnawing at one of those but whatever helps, right? My boyfriend talks about quitting soon and I sure loving hope so! I never realized how awful we smokers smell and I feel lovely for not wanting to cuddle or kiss as much because of it. He's looking into Chantix and is looking forward to the crazy :lsd: dreams.

Congrats and best wishes to everyone in here trying to quit! You can do it!

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Spitshine posted:

I've only been smoking since 2006, but tomorrow marks my third full week without smoking. I tried quitting before, but quickly grew impatient with it and would end up buying another pack. Then one day, I dunno, it just made sense. It hasn't been an issue at all, and two of my roommates smoke (so I smell it, and am around it daily). I even found a full pack of smokes in a luggage bag in my closet, and it didn't phase me. I didn't bother with expensive patches or gum.

Granted, I haven't been smoking all that long (a little over 4 years), but right up to when I quit, I was going through half a pack to a pack a day, depending on the day's events. I dunno, it just sort of happened like flipping a lightswitch. I hope the rest of you guys can find the fortitude to make it through.

You've given me hope, Spitshine! I'm in the same situation, including flatmates and start year, but I've just decided to stop. Hopefully I'll find it as simple as you! I'm too poor to carry it on, and I'm fed up of all of my jackets stinking of smoke. Of course there's all the health issues, too.

Count me in, GBS! 11/11/10!

Helping Tugboat
Nov 1, 2007
GREAT GOOGLY-MOOGLY
Another good thing about quitting is that it will bring up emotions you have been suppressing. Tobacco use hides certain emotions and traumas that need to be dealt with. Quitting smoking enables an individual to realize all that is suppressed (this is positive). Many people become habitual tobacco users as a coping mechanism, whether realized consciously or not.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
I don't know about all that warm fuzzy touchy feely bullshit, but I'm creeping up on 2 months without nicotine. Big warning for long (15-20 year+) smokers, you may have circulation issues. I quit smoking, and the "vascular un-constriction" released a clot that has made my right arm pure agony for almost 6 weeks now. You will have to change your diet to compensate for the lack of daily laxative (nicotine helps you poop, now you know). Your weight WILL fluctuate. You will have to get used to what breathing really feels like (I'm 35 and I was 9 when I started smoking. That's 26 years or 74% of my life). The world smells like mold, exhaust, urinals and roadkill.

But worth quitting? Totally.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Helping Tugboat posted:

Another good thing about quitting is that it will bring up emotions you have been suppressing. Tobacco use hides certain emotions and traumas that need to be dealt with. Quitting smoking enables an individual to realize all that is suppressed (this is positive). Many people become habitual tobacco users as a coping mechanism, whether realized consciously or not.

Um, what? Is this like a real thing? It certainly sounds like bullshit psychobabble found in self-help books but I'm willing to alter my disposition if provided real scientific babble about this.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

brickswereshat posted:

I was 9 when I started smoking.

Like, real smoking? Or just an occasional cigarette behind the school once a week?

Lareous
Feb 19, 2008

I have to say, if I was still smoking right now, I wouldn't be able to breath at all. My sinuses are draining thanks to the weather change and if I had all the extra mucus from smoking I'd literally be drowning in it. A quite disgusting thought that serves as a retardant for me picking up another cigarette.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
Yay, Abiggoat! If nothing else, I find that I'm really proud of each week that trickles by, and I find every chance I can to share the small victories with my friends and family. They're all very supportive of course. I hope you are able to stick with it, buddy. And when it gets real tough, I hope you find the fortitude to work through it. Like others have suggested, make sure you consciously interchange "Cigarette" with __________ to work the association into your brain. I swap it out for different things to prevent another :haw: habit - so like gum sometimes, candy others (candy owns), jerky, etc. For the first couple weeks, I was literally supplementing one craving a day with a mile run. Like "gently caress, I really want a smoke right now... Okay, time to go run." It was doubly good for 'punishing' the craving mentality, AND for rewarding my body for choosing the run over the smoke! My lungs would high five me each time (after they were done coughing and hacking, of course :) )

Be tough, Goons. Each day you're without a cigarette is another notch tougher that you are. I'd say Good Luck! but it's all YOU that will get it done :cheers:

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Spitshine posted:

Yay, Abiggoat!

Don't. I'm a horrible, horrible person.

Sorry to dissapoint you, Spitshine, but I've hosed up already. I owe a friend a ten pack, so I bought one so I could give it to her tonight. She doesn't get back to Sheffield until Monday, though. During a library session in which I realised just how much time I don't have to complete these university assignments, I proptly opened it and have already gone through three.

However, it is only a ten pack, so it will be gone by the time the day ends. THEN I'll give it a 100% serious attempt. My friend can have the money for pack, instead of the pack itself. I'm going to adapt the way in which my step-dad stopped smoking; brushing my teeth when a craving comes along. Oral hygiene and smoke-less clothes? Win win, as far as I'm concerned.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004

Abiggoat posted:

Don't. I'm a horrible, horrible person.

Sorry to dissapoint you, Spitshine, but I've hosed up already. I owe a friend a ten pack, so I bought one so I could give it to her tonight. She doesn't get back to Sheffield until Monday, though. During a library session in which I realised just how much time I don't have to complete these university assignments, I proptly opened it and have already gone through three.

However, it is only a ten pack, so it will be gone by the time the day ends. THEN I'll give it a 100% serious attempt. My friend can have the money for pack, instead of the pack itself. I'm going to adapt the way in which my step-dad stopped smoking; brushing my teeth when a craving comes along. Oral hygiene and smoke-less clothes? Win win, as far as I'm concerned.
You're like a real life troll. EXCEPT YOURE ONLY TROLLING YOURSELF :mad:

The most significant thing that's happened to me since I've quit has honestly been the dreaming. In my dreams, I find myself smoking, or I'll realize that I'm holding a smoked butt in my fingers and I'll think, wait what? well poo poo, there goes my non-smoking streak... oh well and then I continue smoking. It's not even the focus of the dream, it's just a sidebar to the events and interpersonal experiences in the dream (like real life smoking). The biggest thing that gets me is the immense sense of disappointment :(

And then I wake up and realize that I'm still going strong and haven't broken the streak!

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 13, 2010

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!

Spitshine posted:

The most significant thing that's happened to me since I've quit has honestly been the dreaming. In my dreams, I find myself smoking, or I'll realize that I'm holding a smoked butt in my fingers and I'll think, wait what? well poo poo, there goes my non-smoking streak... oh well and then I continue smoking. It's not even the focus of the dream, it's just a sidebar to the events and interpersonal experiences in the dream (like real life smoking). The biggest thing that gets me is the immense sense of disappointment :(

And then I wake up and realize that I'm still going strong and haven't broken the streak!

I still occasionally have dreams where I smoke (and I loving enjoy it), but even in the dream I realise I shouldnt be and kind of feel guilty. Then I wake up, and still feel kind of guilty because I caved in my dream. Probably not a bad sign though.

For some reason I still feel like popping in here every now and then to, well... brag I guess. Im at almost 12 weeks and I actually had to bust out the calendar to work that out, so I guess Im so far over it, Ive even stopped keeping track of how long its been.

Looking back Im a little disappointed. I dont feel more 'fit', although I do feel more energetic. I havent had moments where I coughed up nasty poo poo and got to feel smug now that Im getting that crap out of me. I havent had wonderful revelations where Ive realised 'HOLY poo poo! Thats how food REALLY tastes?'. So I feel like Ive missed out a little.

But man... Its nice having money again. Im actually SAVING money. Ive already payed for christmas. I lashed out and bought a spiffy new phone just coz I loving well could. Im well into 4 figures saved :)

Keep on truckin' GBS, You can do it.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

It has been almost 9 months now since I quit smoking. I quit cold turkey and began to run daily and joined a new gym, after running a mile with smokers lungs quitting became really easy. It hurt to breathe while I was running but it got easier everyday and it helped keep me away from cigs. Now I've lost a ton of weight joined a Karate and Judo class on top of my normal gym and I really turned my life around.

gently caress cigarettes. Goodluck guys!

barbudo
Nov 8, 2010
WHO VOLUNTARILY GOES DAYS WITHOUT A SHOWER FOR NO REASON? DIS GUY

PLEASE SHOWER YOU GROSS FUCK
It's really difficult to quit while living in a small college town full of hipsters.

I think I only have one friend who doesn't ever smoke cigarettes.

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.
I'm quitting tomorrow, even if RYO's are cheap as all hell in florida (25.50 a carton) it's still extra money I can't afford to spend anymore, and the sudden change in weather has given me a hell of a cough that won't go away.

That, and I'm just done. Five cigarettes left in this carton then I'm quit, hopefully for good this time (this will be my sixth time in 3 years quitting)

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Spitshine posted:

You're like a real life troll. EXCEPT YOURE ONLY TROLLING YOURSELF :mad:

I'm not doing too bad, though! I did three days smoke-free but eventually succumbed to my cravings. I only had one and gave the ten pack I bought to my friend who is allowed to give me one a day, if I ask. If I do ask, he will give me it at some point in that day. This way is working quite well because he's being clever about it and giving me one when he knows I wouldn't want one (just before eating, just woke up, about to go to bed etc) so its completely taking away anything I enjoyed about smoking and just replacing it with that feeling you'd get when you'd had one too many.

Yes, I'm still smoking a little, but I'm finding I want to less and less! I think going from 5 or 6 a day to sometimes wanting 1 is pretty good (for me, at least)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg car crash
Jul 21, 2008

PRIDE after the fall. Champion, 2011. :dealwithit:
It will be about three years smokeless for my in January and it feels breeeeezy. If I could offer some advice though: Don't just stop mid day when you run out of cigarettes. Try to stop when you have them LEFT. Destroy them if you have to but don't stop because you ran out.

I'm not sure why but I think that made the difference for me. Good luck, and good speed goons!

• Locked thread