Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Where in NJ, out of curiosity?

North Caldwell. Rick Johnson played too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

AXE COP posted:

:smuggo:

How did I miss that, uuuuuugh. Then I guess, The Toasters.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
You got the better end of the deal anyway. :colbert:

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.
MU330 is awesome, Dan is awesome, but really he shouldnt be after StreetLight, its almost impossible to be after streetlight.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Zox ... were awesome

Were you really drunk/high when you saw them? Only band I've ever seen get booed so much by the crowd that they cut their set wicked short.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Were you really drunk/high when you saw them? Only band I've ever seen get booed so much by the crowd that they cut their set wicked short.

Nah, I dunno, I heard them before the show and was unimpressed to say the least, but they seemed to put a lot of effort into the set and the crowd was pretty responsive. I wasn't too focused on the music during while they were on, but they sounded decent enough.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hey. Hey, assholes.

You know who I call dibs on? 4 point 0. Their new album is up on amazon, itunes, and emusic. Buy it. Now.

http://www.amazon.com/Go-Outside-Explicit/dp/B0047K3C54/ref=sr_shvl_album_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287756725&sr=301-2

e: Did you buy it yet? No? Why the gently caress not?

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 22, 2010

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Dickeye posted:

Hey. Hey, assholes.

You know who I call dibs on? 4 point 0. Their new album is up on amazon, itunes, and emusic. Buy it. Now.

http://www.amazon.com/Go-Outside-Explicit/dp/B0047K3C54/ref=sr_shvl_album_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287756725&sr=301-2

e: Did you buy it yet? No? Why the gently caress not?

Because I don't like the vocals

Fateo McMurray fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 22, 2010

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I don't like you

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Backno posted:

I will take Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra. I will be nice and leave the Slackers and Deals Gone Bad out of the kindness of my heart.

I caught the latter half of Deals Gone Bad last week when they opened for Creepshow/Planet Smashers and I want to get a time machine so I can see the whole set. :(

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Got my Bosstones tickets. Going to every show. One opener has already been announced, H20 on the 27th.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Lone Goat posted:

I caught the latter half of Deals Gone Bad last week when they opened for Creepshow/Planet Smashers and I want to get a time machine so I can see the whole set. :(

They are a really, really good live show for a band alot of people have not heard of. If my work schedule wasn't 2nd shift Tues-Sat I would get to see them more often.

Fake edit:
The Ramblers is one of my favorite albums as well :haw:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Maybe it's only 'cause they followed Dan Potthast solo, but I loved Zox and I have all their albums and I still listen to them all the time. I think they're pretty cool. Crowd seemed really into them, too. Their cover of Pachelbel's Canon is pretty cool, everyone was dancing around to that one.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Sockser posted:

Maybe it's only 'cause they followed Dan Potthast solo, but I loved Zox and I have all their albums and I still listen to them all the time. I think they're pretty cool. Crowd seemed really into them, too. Their cover of Pachelbel's Canon is pretty cool, everyone was dancing around to that one.

Well when I saw them it was on New Years Eve with the Bosstones the year they came back from hiatus. And the bands before them were Darkbuster and Street Dogs. They just were not the right fit for that line up.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Well when I saw them it was on New Years Eve with the Bosstones the year they came back from hiatus. And the bands before them were Darkbuster and Street Dogs. They just were not the right fit for that line up.

Yeah, I was at this show, too. They just didn't fit in too well.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Also there. Also confused.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

BTMI's UK Birmingham show on the 17th has been replaced by "IT'S A SECRET". It better be a secret that's still in Birmingham dammit!

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
I've been listening to LTJ's TV EP a lot this week and for some reason I really like it. I mean it's really cheesy but there's just something about it. You can do it, you can do the Pac Man!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Josh Wow posted:

I've been listening to LTJ's TV EP a lot this week and for some reason I really like it. I mean it's really cheesy but there's just something about it. You can do it, you can do the Pac Man!

That's like the only one I don't like

My friend started a band and I'm going to be singing (at least for a little bit until they find someone else) and they decided that we should do the Laverne and Shirley cover

So yeah I get to practice my Minneapolis-style singing to the Laverne and Shirley theme. This is in no way embarrassing

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Obama Yo Mama posted:

e2: we also need someone to be the foreign liaison and take Talco and Ska-P

I'll gladly take European ska/punk bands, but only if we acknowledge La Ruda is the best. (Or at least was, I didn't like their newer album that much).

About a week ago, I found out that Ska-P is actually playing a show in New York City, on November 11. Of course, I already have a ticket to see the Lawrence Arms in Philly that night. And I'm supposed to leave for vacation the next morning.

Also, Dan P is awesome. He's got a new album out collecting a bunch of his "city songs". Some are catchy as poo poo, and it includes a song from a show I was at.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

WaffleZombie posted:

I'll gladly take European ska/punk bands, but only if we acknowledge La Ruda is the best. (Or at least was, I didn't like their newer album that much).

Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra > everything

also if we're still calling ska bands I'll take Yum!Yum!ORANGE.

e: oh, European.

My statement still stands.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra > everything

QFT

Some one needs to claim the Moon Invaders at some point because they are just to drat good.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

WaffleZombie posted:

About a week ago, I found out that Ska-P is actually playing a show in New York City, on November 11.

:aaaaa:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Pretty alright interview with Jeff (not as good as this one.)

http://www.ampmagazine.com/5211/bomb-the-music-industry-interview-with-jeff-rosenstock/

which lead me to the point that...

quote:

You have a documentary being made about you?

Yeah.

Is that who I saw in your van?

Yeah.

What’s the angle?

No idea. We just met Sarah in January.

She’s not a friend?

Now she’s a friend.

Initially she was just some filmmaker who wanted to make a movie about you?

We met her in January and we hung out a little bit cause she was making a movie about us so obviously we saw her. As time went by we got a bit closer. She actually subleted a room in my apartment for a little bit because she didn’t have anywhere else. She was looking for a place where she could have her dogs, so her and her boyfriend stayed with me a little bit. Now we’re buddies. I have no idea what this movie is going to be and I’m terrified about that.

How did she present it to you? She just said I want to film your band? Or did she say I want to film your band because…

She was just filming a thing about us and we’re like, “Oh this is really cool,” you know? I don’t think any of us expected to be the kind of band that people were going to be making a movie about. It’s insane. I watch rock n roll movies all the time.

...some amateur filmmaker is making a BOMB THE MUSIC INDUSTRY! DOCUMENTARY :fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

which also reminded me that I never got the FiF DVD :cry: I need to go find that

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Oct 28, 2010

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Pretty alright interview with Jeff (not as good as this one.)

http://www.ampmagazine.com/5211/bomb-the-music-industry-interview-with-jeff-rosenstock/

which lead me to the point that...

...some amateur filmmaker is making a BOMB THE MUSIC INDUSTRY! DOCUMENTARY :fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

which also reminded me that I never got the FiF DVD :cry: I need to go find that

This isn't exactly news. They were asking for donations to head to the left coast with Jeff so they could see how fans there reacted, given that money makes it hard for him to get out there as often as he plays on the east coast. I'm kinda pumped about it coming out though.

e: They had a kickstarter page this summer, shooting for three grand, and they hit 4700+ dollars. They say it's gonna fund six months of shooting, plus post.

e2: Actual article commentary, I love that he goes "we're not really good musicians!" but he has a great grasp of music theory and what's going to sound good with what

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 28, 2010

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

If we're still claiming ska bands, totally dibsin Skankin' Pickle. Mike Park is probably the chillest dude I have ever met. He seemed really surprised when I asked him to sign my Asian Man Records hoodie at Warped Tour in '00.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

My old band finally recorded something concrete!

http://victorslament.com/

Free/suggested donation for the EP, give it a listen, tell me what you guys think!

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Obama Yo Mama posted:

:aaaaa:

Yeah, it's like a 3 day USA tour, but the other two dates are in Southern Cal. I'm trying to think of ways to go...

My old band finally recorded something concrete!

http://victorslament.com/

Free/suggested donation for the EP, give it a listen, tell me what you guys think!

Hey, I've seen you guys. You're not Josh, are you?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

WaffleZombie posted:

Hey, I've seen you guys. You're not Josh, are you?

Ha, no, unfortunately. I played guitar between '06-'08. Where did you see them?

DarthXaos
Oct 27, 2010
LTJ is going to Houston and San Antonio but not Dallas/Ft Worth? WHY?

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably the same reason why they're playing Cleveland but not Columbus.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That Kalnoky/Potthast split is up on Spotify, for you non-US goons

Haven't listened to Kalnoky's side, but Dan's covers of Streetlight songs are great

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
New music double post: Samples from the Aquabats EP that's coming on November 9th are up!

This is the teaser for the teaser for the new full-length: http://www.shockhound.com/albums/712588-the-aquabats-mp3s-radio-down

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Dickeye posted:

That Kalnoky/Potthast split is up on Spotify, for you non-US goons

Haven't listened to Kalnoky's side, but Dan's covers of Streetlight songs are great

I'm not seeing it, what should I be searching for?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AXE COP posted:

I have not the slightest. Someone posted about it and did rips that I can't link to because :filez:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Dickeye posted:

New music double post: Samples from the Aquabats EP that's coming on November 9th are up!

This is the teaser for the teaser for the new full-length: http://www.shockhound.com/albums/712588-the-aquabats-mp3s-radio-down

This is the best thing ever :3:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Skeezy posted:

This is the best thing ever :3:

I don't liek the first one, the third is OK, but the second? Best Day Ever?

Yeah. That's what I was hoping for.

Cassel
Apr 1, 2010

AXE COP posted:

Here it is if you haven't found it yet.
http://open.spotify.com/album/1RzNxdcim2KHq7VtaYOdAo

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Dickeye posted:

I don't liek the first one, the third is OK, but the second? Best Day Ever?

Yeah. That's what I was hoping for.

The full version of Radio Down! (the first song) is up on their myspace. I was worried cus it was pretty eh - reminded me of their Yo! Check Out This Ride! EP, but Best Day Ever is very promising.

Also I'll claim Captain Squeegee and the Soap Suds. If no one has heard of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY_-pHRna0Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

http://www.myspace.com/theaquabats

Here's the full version of Radio Down. I like it, I mean I'll take anything from them.