Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
They scared me as a kid, mainly the same way temple of doom did.

Kali ma. Kali ma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So Robotomy premiers... like 5 minutes ago.

I have a good feeling about this show. They leads went back in time and flat-out murdered their younger selves to 'preserve the space-time congruency.' I'm really enjoying this so far.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Yeah, Robotomy turned out to be not so bad. Had some pretty cool moments. I look forward to seeing where they go with this show.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Squeeker simply seduced you with her limited characters!
(the word 'seduced' completely slipped my mind, I hate when that happens)

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

MTV.com has an interview with with the creators of Robotomy

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 26, 2010

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So I keep seeing this "FireBreather" movie being advertised on cartoon network. It doesn't look good at all, but the thing I can't get past is that the kid is half dragon.
They specifically state his dad is a dragon.
From a logical standpoint, this means his human mother got knocked up by a huge fuckoff dragon. The rest of the movie could be a spectacularly written epic, but it would never be able to recover just because it is implied that A DRAGON BONED HIS MOM.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

The Steak Justice posted:

So I keep seeing this "FireBreather" movie being advertised on cartoon network. It doesn't look good at all, but the thing I can't get past is that the kid is half dragon.
From a logical standpoint, this means his human mother got knocked up by a huge fuckoff dragon. The rest of the movie could be a spectacularly written epic, but it would never be able to recover just because it is implied that A DRAGON BONED HIS MOM.

Maybe his parents are weredragons or something. Even without that the concept of half-people half-anything have been around for thousands of years.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
Does anyone remember this show? It was some live action show that took place in school, it was extremely bizarre. I remember it being funny and the main kid always broke the fourth wall. I want to look it up to see if it is actually funny still.

Y-Hat posted:

They're exactly like Hanson, except worse and with purity rings. And if you try and tell me that Hanson is good, then you've got '90s nostalgia blinding you.

There isn't much reason to hate Hanson anymore. They started off as young singer song writers and made harmless pop music, then they wanted to get more creative with their music so their record label refused to let them release non-marketable songs. So they left, went independent and at this point have been playing instruments and making their own music for most of their lives.

And I love this song, Thinkin' 'bout Something.

Allia
Oct 6, 2010
^^Any idea what decade/year the show was on? You're in the states? Any idea what channel or if it was cable vs non-cable?

I was too young when Hanson was popular, but I admit that I do like what I've heard of their music in recent years. Why would anyone hate them in the first place? I can see being disillusioned, but compared to a lot of bands of the 90s, they're still around and doing decent music...

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

Allia posted:

^^Any idea what decade/year the show was on? You're in the states? Any idea what channel or if it was cable vs non-cable?

I was too young when Hanson was popular, but I admit that I do like what I've heard of their music in recent years. Why would anyone hate them in the first place? I can see being disillusioned, but compared to a lot of bands of the 90s, they're still around and doing decent music...

It was mid 2000s, Canada and it was either Disney channel or YTV. I don't think it was a Canadian show though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Steak Justice posted:

Yeah, that bothered me about the commercial as well. They make a big deal about his dad being like 60 feet tall.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
Found it, Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned%27s_Declassified_School_Survival_Guide

Anyone know if its as funny as I remember it being? At the time I was smoking a lot of weed, and it was just starting when I was getting home from work so I ended up watching it.

Also, I've been watching Fairly Oddparents recently, and I looked it up and saw they are making a live action movie.

The picture and this blurb makes me want to see it so loving bad

quote:

Thirteen years have passed since Timmy Turner (portrayed by Drake Bell) met his fairy godparents, Cosmo (Jason Alexander) and Wanda (Cheryl Hines), but nothing has changed for Timmy except for his age now being at the age of 23. He still lives at home with his parents, attends Mr. Crocker's fifth grade class, and rides a tiny children's bicycle to school. Timmy's arrested development stems came from his desire to keep his fairies for as long as possible.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

Also, I've been watching Fairly Oddparents recently, and I looked it up and saw they are making a live action movie.

Find that picture of Jason Alexander and Cheryl Hines in their Cosmo and Wanda get-ups (it may have been posted earlier in the thread) - HORRIFYING. They did a good job. Perhaps too good.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

JethroMcB posted:

Find that picture of Jason Alexander and Cheryl Hines in their Cosmo and Wanda get-ups (it may have been posted earlier in the thread) - HORRIFYING. They did a good job. Perhaps too good.

Holy crap, I thought they only had the one shot. Cheryl Hines is drat near perfect for the role, I'm sure Jason Alexander will do fine, but I wish Daran Norris got the role.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

...of SCIENCE! fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 23, 2014

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Every time I see that I think of the episode of Seinfeld when they find out what Kramer's first name is and Jason Alexander keeps saying "Cosmo? Cosmo?! COSMO?!" over and over in disbelief, because that was pretty much my reaction to that picture.

I don't doubt that they'll have Jason Alexander make a "COSMO?!" joke at some point. It really is that natural. Or maybe he'll say something along the lines of, "No, that's a friend of mine."

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

Found it, Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned%27s_Declassified_School_Survival_Guide

Anyone know if its as funny as I remember it being? At the time I was smoking a lot of weed, and it was just starting when I was getting home from work so I ended up watching it.

It was a pretty amusing show- very live-action-cartoony. One of the Fairly Oddparents writers was behind it, so it's very much that style of humor.

And in business news...MOM! Phineas and Ferb are being grown by Disney into what they hope can be a SpongeBob-dethroning franchise!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

mobo85 posted:

It was a pretty amusing show- very live-action-cartoony. One of the Fairly Oddparents writers was behind it, so it's very much that style of humor.

And in business news...MOM! Phineas and Ferb are being grown by Disney into what they hope can be a SpongeBob-dethroning franchise!

On the other hand, they have what, 2, maybe 3 years until the boys' voices start changing?

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
Well, Phineas is 18 and Ferb is 20 (not to mention the fact Ferb barely talks). Phineas's voice was a lot different when the series started compared to now, but I think that's more a result of Vincent Martella "finding his voice" as Phineas rather than puberty.

Unless you're talking about when Phineas and Ferb themselves will hit puberty. Seeing as they've been on an 104-day summer vacation for three years straight, I don't think that's going to happen soon.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Soylentbits posted:

Maybe his parents are weredragons or something. Even without that the concept of half-people half-anything have been around for thousands of years.

It's based on a comic book by the same name. And no, they kind of avoid the how of it. He mother's a normal woman the big old dragon met while he was destroying a city. They hit it off and eventually get married. By the time the comic starts, they're already divorced and the dragon gets the kid on the weekends. At his lair in the middle of the desert.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

mobo85 posted:

Well, Phineas is 18 and Ferb is 20 (not to mention the fact Ferb barely talks). Phineas's voice was a lot different when the series started compared to now, but I think that's more a result of Vincent Martella "finding his voice" as Phineas rather than puberty.

Ah, well in that case nevermind. I thought that they were using age-appropriate actors like Adventure Time. And that's after remembering that Ferb was the kid from Love Actually and that WWI ep of Doctor Who :doh:

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Oct 28, 2010

Allia
Oct 6, 2010
But I thought Disney announced they were cancelling Phineas and Ferb? I had to listen to my brother rant about it this summer, how it was the last season or something. I guess he was wrong...

Anything that dethrones SpongeBob has my complete support.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

Allia posted:

But I thought Disney announced they were cancelling Phineas and Ferb?

No. No they haven't. They actually announced a third season way back in June, and they have a made-for-TV movie slated for summer of 2011.

Allia
Oct 6, 2010
I knew there was going to be a third season, but my brother kept on going on about how it was the last season. If there's a movie, though... Cool. It can get a bit repetitive, but it is a cute show. And I completely adore Perry.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I just found out earlier today that every episode of Beakman's World is now on Netflix Watch Instantly. This was some of the greatest news I ever heard because a) this was one of my favorite shows as a kid, and b) they answered a question of mine once, and even after 15 years, syndicated re-runs, and the power of the internet, I never managed to see it until now. Beakman even made a stupid rhyme out of my last name!

I can't be the only one here who liked Beakman better than Bill Nye, can I?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The picture and this blurb makes me want to see it so loving bad

Really? Because I can't imagine any way this will be good. But then again, I've been saying that Nick needs to put the final nail on Fairly Oddparents' coffin for a while now. Every time I think it's gone, they come back with some made for TV movie. It and Spongebob are the two shows it seems that Nick will never let die. As long as they're going to keep one of Hartman's babies on life support way past it's expiration date, why couldn't it have been Danny Phantom? Am I the only guy who loved that show?

By the way, awesome thread, I am glad I found it.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

Diabolik900 posted:

I can't be the only one here who liked Beakman better than Bill Nye, can I?

I refuse to take part in this argument because they were both the greatest tv stars fit kids and are, between the two, the entire reason I got into science.

This is awesome news.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

Beakman is a fictional character based on a comic strip, whereas Bill Nye is a real person. However, they are both awesome on their own merits, for different but equal reasons. (Plus, Beakman gives a shoutout to the original TV scientist by having two penguins named "Don" and "Herb," as in Mr. Wizard Don Herbert.)

Rest in peace, Lester.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

He actually got his "Bill Nye the science guy" nickname after correcting another fellow Almost Live member's pronunciation of "gigawatt." (He had pronounced it the Doc Brown way.)

Allia
Oct 6, 2010

quote:

why couldn't it have been Danny Phantom? Am I the only guy who loved that show?

I'm not a guy, but I loved Danny Phantom. I didn't like the last episodes as much, but all in all it was a great show.

As much as I adore science, I was never that into Bill Nye, and I never liked Beakman. *winces* I now feel strange. I did like Science Court, though...

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Danny Phantom was pretty fantastic. Got really repetetive at the end, but when there was a new ghost every episode it was really great.

Allia
Oct 6, 2010
I liked the new ice powers at the end and the polar bear ghost king guy a lot. I think he, Clockwork and Ghostwriter were my favorite ghosts. It did get repetitive at the end, and the finale was just...really over the top. I think it was pretty obvious that they knew it was the last episode, so they just pulled all the stops and just went crazy with the thing.

I now have a sudden urge to rewatch the series.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Well, Robotomy just made a masturbation joke. Cartoon Network is really liking these types of cartoons now.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

What is Robotomy?

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

IRQ posted:

What is Robotomy?

It's the 4th part of the cartoon network "Good-Except-For-Mad Cartoon Hour." It's a show about robots in an apparently post-apocalyptic earth where machines have killed off most human life. It's pretty fantastic so far. They're donating coolant to be able to afford upgrades, but I assume that this is a joke about donating blood.
Oh wait girlbot just said what she really likes is "a tank full of coolant" so I'm not making any assumptions.
e: he choked on my paint balls

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think tonight's episode showed that it is definitely not Earth. There was a Saturn type planet in the background.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

muscles like this? posted:

I think tonight's episode showed that it is definitely not Earth. There was a Saturn type planet in the background.

Valid point. I suppose that other planets have Old Ladies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

drat, I missed this weeks episode.