Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuckySevens
Feb 16, 2004

fear not failure, fear only the limitations of our dreams

He's the Nickelback of electro or something. I mean I don't lose my mind to listen to deadmau5, just like Nickelback, but some people do, and I certainly would never seek it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
ommgggg we've had this conversation a million times now. when is it gonna stop? This thread might as well be called Deadmau5 and accompanying genres megathread, he's mentioned on every page for god's sake

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
For better or for worse he's like kids' gateway into edm for some reason, which I appreciate. My lil sis cranks ghosts n stuff constantly these days. They'll grow outta him sooner or later.

bog savant fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 1, 2010

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

Volvagia posted:

For better or for worse he's like kids' gateway into edm for some reason, which I appreciate. My lil sis cranks ghosts n stuff constantly these days. They'll grow outta him sooner or later.

Kinda like how Pendulum is the current gateway for new kids into Drum & Bass, despite Pendulum being garbage 90% of the time.

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol

Riot.EXE posted:

Kinda like how Pendulum is the current gateway for new kids into Drum & Bass, despite Pendulum being garbage 90% of the time.

Hold Your Colour might have done that, but loving Immersion or whatever horrible rock n bass song that's playing on the radio right now isn't going to get anyone into dnb unfortunately. Least they kinda took away the stereotype of dnb as compltel all jump-up 'junglist massive wicked wicked' style.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

sonicice posted:

Whenever I see a large amount of new posts in this thread, I know somebody posted about deadmau5. :)

same here, can we get back on topic and start posting music?

Designer Drugs - Through the Prism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQqPx9HwzCA

Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand (Fare Soldi Remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bThnYvo3smo

By far my favorite remix of this song, Fare Soldi rock.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003
Also, is anyone going to Webster Hall on Friday to see Crookers/Jack Beats?

Last time I was there for the Beetroots back in October the crowd was pretty lovely but Crookers were great the last time I saw them, so I am torn.

I am considering braving Webster one more time before I confirm that I am actually to old to set foot in that place.

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

Nagget posted:

Also, is anyone going to Webster Hall on Friday to see Crookers/Jack Beats?

Last time I was there for the Beetroots back in October the crowd was pretty lovely but Crookers were great the last time I saw them, so I am torn.

I am considering braving Webster one more time before I confirm that I am actually to old to set foot in that place.

I've always enjoyed it and I'm probably going but I'm nowhere near too old to set foot in there, fwiw. Next week is what I'm more excited for, even if Felguk and Huoratron are somewhat incongruous to book together.

FatalTheGod
Oct 11, 2005
As a venue I really don't like Webster due to the security being dicks all the time and just a lovely crowd overall. The past few shows I've been to there are just filled with hosed up kids who could care less about the music.

With that being said...it's pretty hard not to end up at Webster with the names being brought in these days. Crookers/Jack Beats is going to be awesome, and Felguk/Skrillex will be as well. Glad that these next few weeks will be filled with electro goodness :)

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Webster security stole my cell phone once true story

alpiger
Sep 10, 2010

by Ozma

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

No, I know. Just sayin' that that kind of stuff is a nice bonus and adds more flair to the show. Some of the DJs I saw this weekend just stood behind the table and spun, fist pumping occasionally but not much more than that.

deadmau5 was actually entertaining to watch in addition to the music being great. High-energy music combined with crazy visuals and an entertainer putting it all on is a winning combination. There wasn't really a single moment during his set when the crowd wasn't seriously pumped up.

This post is pretty much the embodiment of the kind of attitude that is ruining electronic dance music. The whole "DJ as rock star" thing is really gross to me. A DJ who "just stands behind the table and spins" is doing what a DJ is supposed to do because you aren't supposed to spend all night stood there staring at the DJ. It's a party not loving Eric Clapton or whatever.

alpiger fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 2, 2010

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

alpiger posted:

This post is pretty much the embodiment of the kind of attitude that is ruining electronic dance music. The whole "DJ as rock star" thing is really gross to me. A DJ who "just stands behind the table and spins" is doing what a DJ is supposed to do because you aren't supposed to spend all night stood there staring at the DJ. It's a party not loving Eric Clapton or whatever.

...sorry? Are you trying to tell me that a party isn't a much more fun party with the qualities I listed?

Even if you do think that way, we can still enjoy different types of parties. It doesn't mean I'm "ruining EDM" if I like my EDM shows to be as jam loving packed with energy as they can be.

I still enjoyed seeing the DJs that I got to see who just stood behind the table and spun. I just enjoyed deadmau5 a hell of a lot more because he had the whole package.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Nov 2, 2010

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
fuccccccckkkkkk my friends are throwing skrillex, deadmau5 and some other dutch yahoo for nye smdh

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

Lysis posted:

Also, he snubbed threatis at a party once.

I want to hear this story.

Threatis posted:

because his music is absolute poo poo and so is he.

I got to meet deadmau5 briefly at ACL and he was awesome as gently caress. He stayed out for an extra 45 minutes and met every single fan who wanted to meet him, took photos, signed poo poo, and just talked. Seriously, he was second only to Casey Spooner for being awesome as gently caress in person.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

Lysis posted:

Also, he snubbed threatis at a party once.

I want to hear this story.

Threatis posted:

I got to meet deadmau5 briefly at ACL and he was awesome as gently caress. He stayed out for an extra 45 minutes and met every single fan who wanted to meet him, took photos, signed poo poo, and just talked. Seriously, he was second only to Casey Spooner for being awesome as gently caress in person.

e. He's been playing this remix live and it's absolutely loving amazing with 30 foot tall speakers. He's also got a new track called Raise Your Weapon which is also really good live and while I'm not really into dubstep and kind of wish it kept up what it does for the first half of the song, it's still a fun track.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

alpiger posted:

I dont see anyone complaining about The Chemical Brothers or Daft Punk for having incredible stage shows. I have been into the scene for awhile now and while I do not like deadmau5 and I would never pay to see him because I think it is contrived horseshit, I can appreciate what he is doing for EDM.

He is popular because he is accessible, because its fun, and at the end of the day that is what music, and EDM are about. Some of these kids first introduction to it is through him because he has a stage presence and that stupid loving mau5head. But then some of them start listening to the "not so mainstream" stuff and fall in love with it and I don't think thats a problem.

The first rap I heard was poo poo on the radio, but had I not heard that I would never have gotten into Talib Kweli and Mos Def etc.

People need to start somewhere, and hes not a bad start.

Hate on him for his music being drivel, for him being a prick, but I don't see what a bunch of flashy lasers and entertaining the crowd has to do with ruining EDM... thats what EDM is about, entertainment.

Xesis
Jul 11, 2002

deadmau5 has his place as an entry level act for people to get into EDM, and as long as the fans eventually dig deeper then i'm all good with it.

speaking of 'superstar' djs, armin van buuren has his own wii game out now complete with fist pumping and jesus posing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8c5c2nZTL0

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Honestly there should be a separate deadmau5 thread for bitching/talking/etc. and talking about him in here should be probatable

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Oh poo poo Canada posted:

There's nothing you can say to defend Deadmau5 to Threatis, he'll just continue to talk about how vastly superior his taste in electro is and fantasize about sucking Diplo's cock.

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play
The fact that the first thing Deadmau5's publicist told him to do was to stop being a baby says alot about his personality, I think.

Mivias
May 25, 2007

If you want to keep your testicles healthy, remember these three words: stop, touch, and tell.

Slackerish posted:

There's nothing you can say to defend Deadmau5 to Threatis, he'll just continue to talk about how vastly superior his taste in electro is and fantasize about sucking Diplo's cock.

It's pretty cute to watch him inflate over the guy, though

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Mivias posted:

It's especially adorable because I'm sure if he met Diplo in real life he'd be completely snubbed. My diagnosis is jealousy since he's just a mediocre DJ who doesn't even produce and Deadmau5 is world famous. Poor guy :(

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

Slackerish posted:

It's especially adorable because I'm sure if he met Diplo in real life he'd be completely snubbed. My diagnosis is jealousy since he's just a mediocre DJ who doesn't even produce and Deadmau5 is world famous. Poor guy :(

pretty sure threatis has met diplo on a few different occasions, just from stuff he's mentioned/a picture of him and diplo. oh and deadmau5 does suck poo poo, sorry you're dumb.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Pacra posted:

Honestly there should be a separate deadmau5 thread for bitching/talking/etc. and talking about him in here should be probatable

Can we please do this?

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale
The Gimmick Electro Megathread

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

melee beats posted:

The Gimmick Electro Megathread

PYF Top 40 Remix with generic house beat megathread.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > No Music Discussion > i hate everything and most of all what you like

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
The "did someone say deadmau5? I FRIGGIN HATE THAT GUY!" megathread

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Xesis posted:

speaking of 'superstar' djs, armin van buuren has his own wii game out now complete with fist pumping and jesus posing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8c5c2nZTL0

Oh my word. Hahaha.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
deadmouse is really boring and his name is dumb. Someone make a dm5 megathread of hate already. I honestly don't know how he's so famous if his music is so boring but whatever.

Mivias
May 25, 2007

If you want to keep your testicles healthy, remember these three words: stop, touch, and tell.
I hate DJs and producers almost entirely based on their level of success and how nice they were to me at that one party

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
I don't give a gently caress if you like deadmau5 or hate him, but this thread meta-commentary poo poo and sniping at other posters like this:

Slackerish posted:

and this:

Mivias posted:

Slackerish posted:

It's especially adorable because I'm sure if he met Diplo in real life he'd be completely snubbed. My diagnosis is jealousy since he's just a mediocre DJ who doesn't even produce and Deadmau5 is world famous. Poor guy

is really loving annoying. Don't do it.

edit:
Also in general let's say that if you cannot articulate dissenting opinions better than this:

Threatis posted:

then don't post them in the first place.

het fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 2, 2010

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
so basically we cant meta-troll threatis?

thats a shame

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
To get this thread back on topic, i really like this track off of SMD's new "is Fixed" techno mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F2AoXs1FH0
and news of thier new album out november 29th

quote:

The album, also called Delicacies, features nine unmixed dancefloor-aimed tracks, as well as bonus mix of the tracks recorded live in the duo’s studio.

Tracklist:
UNMIXED
1. Aspic
2. Nerve Salad
3. Casu Marzu
4. Thousand Year Egg
5. Skin Cracker
6. Hákarl
7. Sweetbread
8. Ortolan
9. Fugu

MIXED
1. Sweetbread
2. Hákarl
3. Nerve Salad
4. Casu Marzu
5. Skin Cracker
6. Aspic
7. Thousand Year Egg Drumappella
8. Ortolan

Also:

Mr Oizo & Gaspard Augé
"Rubber" OST

CD

01 Symph08
02 Rubber
03 Crows and Guts
04 Tricycle Express
05 Everything is Fake
06 Room 16
07 Bellyball Road
08 No Reason
09 Sheila
10 Racket
11 Le Caoutchouc
12 Polocaust
13 Dump
14 Sunsetire

--------------------------------------
Also: New zombie nation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4eqH2zymZk

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 3, 2010

Muttonchop
Jul 12, 2008

Thoogsby posted:

And yeah the new Skrillex EP is ridiculous. I think people would be more receptive to him if he didn't look like well like a 7th grade gothic lesbian.

It's sad that I had more respect for the guy when he was still in From First To Last (as horrible as they were). All he's doing now is making wobble wobble electro/dubstep bangers for tweens.

I love justice (the most obvious of the electro banger genre), and I love (some) dubstep, all these new acts take the worst and most boring elements of them.

A couple contributions to the thread:
Teki Latex - Dinosaurs With Guns (produced by Noob)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWl-Kryr0dk
Holy poo poo, I did not know he was from TTC

and

Maskinen - Buffalo Blues
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfsn98NMwdg
I know the album came out last year, and even though I don't speak a drop of swedish, Boys II Men is probably my favorite electro-hip-hop record.

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

Slackerish posted:

diplo does produce just fyi..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Lazer

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

Apolis posted:

diplo does produce just fyi..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Lazer

he was talking about threatis, hth

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

Stuntastic posted:

he was talking about threatis, hth

ahh gently caress, haha.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
If you ever listened to any of Threatis' mixes, you would know that he's got this dj'ing down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

LE0N posted:

To get this thread back on topic, i really like this track off of SMD's new "is Fixed" techno mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F2AoXs1FH0
and news of thier new album out november 29th

Oh god they were amazing last time they ran though. Everyone wanted hustler on repeat, but gently caress em.

Can wait to see em at a festival.