Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Eat Fresh posted:

Nope.

Ok, everyone, put down your pitchforks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
Leased?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

your wifes?

Eat Fresh
Jul 23, 2007
It's a 2007 Cayman S six speed. It was a great deal for the mileage. I test drove it months ago when it was at normal value - I noticed it had gone down by 2 grand 2 weeks ago, and another three thousand last Thursday.

I'll get it cleaned up and post some proper pictures once it stops raining.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
Why would anyone hate on a Cayman?

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

AnomalousBoners posted:

"The only REAL Porsche is a 911 GT2, anything less is for poseurs and va-jay jays."

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Eat Fresh posted:

It's a 2007 Cayman S six speed. It was a great deal for the mileage. I test drove it months ago when it was at normal value - I noticed it had gone down by 2 grand 2 weeks ago, and another three thousand last Thursday.

I'll get it cleaned up and post some proper pictures once it stops raining.

Congrats on the purchase, looking forward to your pics. Be sure to nab some of the interior as well.

I still haven't taken pics of my C6 for you guys :\

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Sterndotstern posted:

"The only REAL Porsche is a 911 GT2, anything less is for poseurs and va-jay jays."

HEY. HEY. HEY. HEY.

HEY.

Hey.

Go drive your pussy GT2 turbone girl car. I'll just get into my GT3 RSR over here.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Eat Fresh posted:

Click here for the full 1280x1030 image.

Picked it up Saturday. More to come later.

I don't care what they say about it being the "poor man's Porsche." I think the Cayman is a fantastic looking car, and I hope to get into one soon. Congrats on the purchase.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro

kimcicle posted:

I don't care what they say about it being the "poor man's Porsche." I think the Cayman is a fantastic looking car, and I hope to get into one soon. Congrats on the purchase.

Any who says that is a rich rear end in a top hat, the Cayman is an objectively great car.

Eat Fresh
Jul 23, 2007
The weather was amazing today. I ended up taking it out to snap some pictures before washing it.

I suck with cameras and don't claim to have any skill in location, orientation, composition, backdrop, focus, or anything else having to do with photography. In fact, I'd say I'm absolutely horrible and probably shouldn't ever hold a camera again. None of the silly rear end lens flare was intentional.

Click here for the full 2048x1056 image.

Click here for the full 2048x1187 image.

Click here for the full 2048x1007 image.

Click here for the full 2048x1365 image.

Click here for the full 2048x1365 image.

Click here for the full 2048x1790 image.

The car has since been washed and waxed, and the dealer license plate frames have been removed.

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Eat Fresh posted:

my dream

Live the dream, amigo, because your car is absolutely perfect. Your means matches your taste and that is a rare thing indeed. In my opinion, you have The Best Car.

Mine is depressingly responsible in comparison:

... but it's got a Boxer motor, so it's basically the same thing as your Cayman.

Mr. Toast
Oct 10, 2007

by Fistgrrl

I finally painted my car!

Supernaut6
Jul 29, 2003

WHAT IN FICK
As decent as the Cayman is, I definitely appreciate the bimmer more. A Cayman you can buy any time. That bimmer actually requires care, hard work and patience. Good on you man.

plecostomus
Oct 17, 2009

Toned down for your pleasure

The Third Man posted:

Any who says that is a rich rear end in a top hat, the Cayman is an objectively great car.

It's only poor assholes who ever buy into the whole "poor man's Porsche" bullshit. Like some negative reverse snobbery or something. You know the type, they will bitch about mid range BMWs not being "M" cars, Range Sports not being "real Range Rovers", and invariably drive some French shitbox (or a Passat)

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Mr. Toast posted:

I finally painted my car!

Very nice Mr. Toast!

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
It's 911 or nothing.

zuffenphile
Aug 31, 2004
wo alles anfing!

Eat Fresh posted:

The weather was amazing today. I ended up taking it out to snap some pictures before washing it.

I suck with cameras and don't claim to have any skill in location, orientation, composition, backdrop, focus, or anything else having to do with photography. In fact, I'd say I'm absolutely horrible and probably shouldn't ever hold a camera again. None of the silly rear end lens flare was intentional.

The car has since been washed and waxed, and the dealer license plate frames have been removed.

welcome fellow Porsche goon!

The cayman looks great!

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

plecostomus posted:

It's only poor assholes who ever buy into the whole "poor man's Porsche" bullshit. Like some negative reverse snobbery or something. You know the type, they will bitch about mid range BMWs not being "M" cars, Range Sports not being "real Range Rovers", and invariably drive some French shitbox (or a Passat)

Would you say the same thing about a Boxter?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I hope you're joking.
It's a Boxster.

Hermansen
Sep 2, 2006

Breaker, Breaker,
High Ball, Ten Ten,
Till We Do It Again,
Captain Slow.
Nope, it's a Coxster..

Oh yeah, and Mr.Toast, your E30 looks great, I miss mine..

Hermansen fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 3, 2010

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

b0nes posted:

I would. I've riden and driven several of them, granted they were all the S series, but they handle awesome, brake on a dime and are a lot of fun through turns. You can also find used ones for pretty good prices. My uncle just picked up a flawless 99 Boxter S with a custom graphite paint job with 37k on the odometer for 11k.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

b0nes posted:

So basically what you're saying is, don't buy this car because you can get a better one for significantly more money? Are you aware of how retarded that is?

Mr. Toast
Oct 10, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Thanks!

This captures the color a little better:

Click here for the full 1024x683 image.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

rockcity posted:

I would. I've riden and driven several of them, granted they were all the S series, but they handle awesome, brake on a dime and are a lot of fun through turns. You can also find used ones for pretty good prices. My uncle just picked up a flawless 99 Boxter S with a custom graphite paint job with 37k on the odometer for 11k.

My dad has always owned a Porsche since the early 70's. He's had a 914, 924, 968, a 993 C4, a 996 C4S, and in 2003, he decided he needed a more practical daily driver along with a toy, so he picked up a 330 and a Boxster. While the 330 has been replaced, he plans on keeping the Boxster until his death. Even though it lacks the power of the 911, he has never had such a perfect handling car. Besides, if it wasn't such a forgiving chassis, I'd be dead by now.

Anyways, a pic:

The Wormy Guy
May 7, 2002
Just bout a 2004 Nissan Murano last week Monday. 2 days ago my mom turned into it while backing out of the driveway. Small scratches and some paint transfer but oh my god was I pretty pissed off.

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mr. Toast posted:

Thanks!

Your car is absolutely great. What drew you away from the obvious Alpine White choice of color?

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!
2005.5 VW Jetta

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

Spectracide posted:

why

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

YES!
Needs to go lower though.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

The Third Man posted:

why

A5H posted:

YES!
Needs to go lower though.

...and the great divide begins again.

jax
Jun 18, 2001

I love my brick.

Eat Fresh posted:

not a fridge

It's rare for me to like any car in white but when you see one that can pull it off they look sublime, great car.

Mr. Toast
Oct 10, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Sterndotstern posted:

Your car is absolutely great. What drew you away from the obvious Alpine White choice of color?

Thanks man. Sometimes I find just white to be a little bland. I was sitting at my friend's restaurant with a vanilla milkshake when I decided on the color

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That Jetta looks sharp!

unknown poster
Aug 4, 2007
That Jetta looks amazing, gently caress the haters.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
Needs a little work on the stance, rusty lug bolts, the lack of tints & euro plate. Def. plasti dip the chrome and smoke the tails. p.sick mkv for sure

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I don't understand the Mercedes (CL 600?) wheels. I mean why go out of your way to have another manufacturer's wheels on your car? Then again you VW people always confuse me so much

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Well VW is the poor man's Audi which is the upper middle class man's Skoda which are sold in Europe. Europe is the rich man's North America (where Chryslers come from), and there used to be a business partnership between them and Daimler-Benz, making Chrysler the working-two-jobs single parent's Bentley. Bentley, of course, being the creepy uncle's hedge fund manager's Cadillac, a company known for putting lots of shiny bits on their cars (moving them up a snack bracket or two, depending on inflation and the price of prescription medication in that particular year).

So, it makes perfect sense those wheels should go on that car.

(PS: Watch out for curbs, and is that a diesel?)

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Mr. Toast posted:

Thanks!

Mr. Toast, is there a way to bump your thread out of the archives? Or could you repost the videos? My friend is considering doing something similar and needs a nudge in the right direction. Car looks sharp!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeticopter
Nov 19, 2004

Everybody's favorite urban legend, now airborne.

AnomalousBoners posted:

Jeremy Clarkson did?