Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Brannock posted:

I'm almost certain that Ysengrin has some emotional issues in his past and that's why he's the way he is today. Not just the suit of armor, his behavior and attitude is a way of protecting his own vulnerability.

Him looking like roadkill probably predates his new body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

Calaveron posted:

Him looking like roadkill probably predates his new body.

I'm not so sure about that. I think his body is that way out of disuse. He hasn't really used his muscles at all with his wooden armour, so they are probably atrophied as a result. Also his fur is probably all gross and painfully matted from being stuffed in there for so long. :(

Also, I totally agree that Annie's probably going to try and sneak Renard out of the Court or something.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

Pick posted:

Man, you are irrationally hard on the characters presently being cast as unsympathic, considering how little information we have and how morally grey most of the cast have been revealed to be. Remember when people felt sorry for Diego? Do you recall the response to Jack murdering the robot and trapping Renard?

And you bend over backwards to concoct redeeming traits in characters who

And Jack going psycho was awesome, finally someone besides Annie or Kat was doing something.

Edit: minor rephrasing.

Psych fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 4, 2010

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I never said Annie's father had redeeming traits, just that we know absolutely nothing about him, and in a setting like GC, where much is still not understood, that leaves room for more interpretations than we can guess. I said the same thing about Ysengrin, since there's a dearth of info there as well. However, I made it pointedly clear that Coyote, a character I (and a lot of other people) like, is a goddamn sociopath--something Tom at one point verified in his Formspring. See, the secret is that my character impressions are based on evidence and not a lack thereof.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Oh, hooray for the new comic, I've been curious to know how Jack's been! Poor guy.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Oh, hello Jack. Wonder if this is "oh god I hope the insane flying guy is alright better talk to him" territory or "Zimmy inadvertently stumbled across my secret crush" territory.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I wonder if this is actually setting us up for a mostly Annie-free chapter, instead focusing on Jack and Renardine?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Annie's secretly plotting revenge on Jack by preparing his body to be the next host for Renardine. :pwn:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Pick posted:

I wonder if this is actually setting us up for a mostly Annie-free chapter, instead focusing on Jack and Renardine?
I assume that when Annie quits school, and the comic turns into a buddy cop flick, Jack would be the loose cannon, since Renard is too old for this poo poo.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I assume that when Annie quits school, and the comic turns into a buddy cop flick, Jack would be the loose cannon, since Renard is too old for this poo poo.

I would read/watch the gently caress out of this.

I already know what the title could be: "Wolf and Spider", or even just "Wolf Spider".

EDIT: Wait, is Reynardine a fox or a wolf? I never can remember. His body looks like a fox, but his current body looks more like a wolf. Or am I just being retarded?

Staggy fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 5, 2010

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
He's the spirit of a fox in the body of a (stuffed toy) wolf.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Staggy posted:

EDIT: Wait, is Reynardine a fox or a wolf? I never can remember. His body looks like a fox, but his current body looks more like a wolf. Or am I just being retarded?
"You dare take the form of a wolf?!"

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Fantastic! My cheesy pun-based title works!

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Staggy posted:

Definitely a fox.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

ChairMaster posted:

Definitely a fox.

Ha ha, I love that one.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

FronzelNeekburm posted:

"You dare take the form of a wolf?!"

Query: Did I detect some burning in the 6th panel?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Dodgeball posted:

Query: Did I detect some burning in the 6th panel?
Reply: Only Renard's incredible insult.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Oh hey there awkward physical intimacy, how are you doing?

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
No Jack, you were supposed to be Kat's love interest!

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Wouldn't want to be Jack if Renard sees that.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So it looks like Jack has some kind of crush on Annie after what happened.

Annie doesn't look like she gives two flying fucks, though. Wonder what she went to see him for. I figure it'll be at least Friday before we see where things are going...

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I don't think Jack feels anything overly special and is just trying to be friendly. Antimony on the other hand cannot seem to process any affective emotion properly.
Annie might just be the ultimate goon.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Ka0 posted:

I don't think Jack feels anything overly special and is just trying to be friendly. Antimony on the other hand cannot seem to process any affective emotion properly.
Annie might just be the ultimate goon.

Weird language choices, inability to relate, intense focus on the Jeanne problem. If it wasn't for her close relationships with Kat and Reynard, I would say Annie is :spergin:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

She's going to loving punch him.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Did everybody forget the foreshadowing in these last five panels?

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Carver. The wettest of blankets.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Yadoppsi posted:

Did everybody forget the foreshadowing in these last five panels?

I didn't :smugbert:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Fragrag posted:

No Jack, you were supposed to be Kat's love interest!

not enough feathers

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010

Rumda posted:

not enough feathers

drat you, i wanted that joke.

Also since Zimmy mentions that Jack can magical powers do you think he'll get added to Jone's medium group. Or doesn't being able to fly qualify you for that?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Clearly Jack's dad didn't know Annie's mom all that well.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Somewhat of a change of opinion, Jack's dad.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Well that answers how far along 8th year is.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Goddammit Jack that is not how you do it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Oh hey I'd forgotten about Jack's dad being in the flashback.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Jack should probably get his own link on the cast page at this point.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Dodgeball posted:

Jack should probably get his own link on the cast page at this point.

Yeah, cast page is in a need of some updating. The newest characters are from chapter 15.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Be friends! :argh:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Man I love Reynardine. He is adorable.

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

The devious DARKBRINGER plans to dominate first Lightbringer, and then the entire Midwest!
http://twitpic.com/35ttyz

These will apparently be available through topatoco soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That's pretty awesome. They should make the original pre-Reynardine stuffed animal too though.