Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

You are being shagged by a rare Parrot!
:parrot:
Ahah. Ahh..brilliant.

PS: Spooks was great, watch it! :parrot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
Not enough poeple died. :colbert:

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Normally the ending is more, er, cliffhanger-ey.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Might be old news but radio 5 live said new Misfits coming soon. 11th November 2010 on E4.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Ben Soosneb posted:

Barry and Paul have changed the comedy landscape, things have never been the same post-chuckle.

They brought the shellsuit to the seething masses, the comically dropped something heavy on their feet.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

A5H posted:

I thought Davies was a dick? How come y'all love him?

Didn't he bite a tramps ear off? That kinda put me off him.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
ugh

I watched like 10 minutes of "secrets of the universe". Who is this aimed at? The apparent target audience was about 13, but this was on primetime BBC3. I'm all for bringing science to the public, but you don't have to dumb it down THAT much, it's insulting. More Solar System and First Life, less of this twaddle.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

Fatkraken posted:

The apparent target audience was about 13, but this was on primetime BBC3.
Makes sense to me.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, BBC 3 is meant to be the youth and idiots channel in contrast to BBC 4's old people and geeks.

An0
Nov 10, 2006
I enjoy eating After Eights. I also enjoy eating Old El Paso salsa with added Tobasco.
I'm halfway through the first episode of "The Trip" and am pretty bored - is it worth continuing ?

(also I have the same jumper as Rob Brydon, yay)

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

An0 posted:

I'm halfway through the first episode of "The Trip" and am pretty bored - is it worth continuing ?

Watch the bit with the impressions if you don't like that you won't like the show.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

An0 posted:

It's OK but not anything particuarly excellent which is a shame considering the personnel and hype that it's got.

An0
Nov 10, 2006
I enjoy eating After Eights. I also enjoy eating Old El Paso salsa with added Tobasco.
Ended up finishing the episode and yeah...apart from 2min of impressions you could probably hear elsewhere by him, very boring.

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
The trip loving owns. And it makes me really hungry.

Also, holy poo poo Ben Stiller.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Celebrity Coach Trip managed to take what was a genteel and quite interesting show that highlighted some of Europe's lesser known travel destinations and turned it into something wonderful.

Barry Chuckle
Brendan the Coach Trip man
Ingrid Tarrant

a bath full of beer

the mind boggles.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

There was a very surreal moment today watching Brendan try to grab some naked model's tits while shifting beer foam over her boob under the pretext of protecting her dignity.

Not to mention the weird poo poo going on with Brendan, Ingrid Tarrent and one of the Chuckle Brothers naked in a bath massaging each other.

Coach trip is weird now. And sexy.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Getting On was fantastic tonight. Probably the best episode yet. Few shows manage to keep me this consistently impressed, and sitcoms even less so.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Dicky B posted:

Getting On was fantastic tonight. Probably the best episode yet. Few shows manage to keep me this consistently impressed, and sitcoms even less so.

It's The Thick Of It in a hospital, basically. And it's loving marvellous.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
People who haven't watched the new episodes of How Not to Live Your Life yet probably ought to. It's a pretty funny show :)

slotbadger
Jul 19, 2007
hey deadhead - take a bite of peach.
Didn't realise there was a new series. Thanks for letting us know.

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

A5H posted:

I thought Davies was a dick? How come y'all love him?

He does an awesome Arsenal podcast called Up for Grabs that's where my love for him comes from.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I liked the little documentary he did about quantum physics and generally think he's a fairly likeable chap.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Faithless posted:

Anyone noticed that in Jamies 30 minute meals he drowns every single dish in olive oil?

Anyone noticed that it would take about an hour if you didn't have runners to do all the prep-work and cleaning, as well as half a dozen blender attachments? At one point he even had two blenders.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Nice one BBC placing the camera in front of "Tory SCUM" graffiti whilst doing the whole news report.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

Just finished watching the whole of Phone Shop. I don't really get the hate its had on here, I thought it was pretty good.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006

LE0N posted:

Nice one BBC placing the camera in front of "Tory SCUM" graffiti whilst doing the whole news report.

Miss the late night news cast with most of the report centring on 'The torys are rather nice chaps, what what!' because i felt it was well balanced.

Gnatmano
Feb 8, 2006

ugh

An0 posted:

I liked the first two episodes, it's sort of exaggerated character sketch rather than strictly a comedy. I'm largely unaware of Brydon and Coogan's work outside of panel shows and a bit of Alan Partridge as an American, so the mild sense of amusement might be more groan-worthy to someone a bit more familiar with them.

It's a great show to have on in the background when you are doing something else that doesn't require your full attention.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

New series of Misfits starts tonight one E4 at 10pm. One of the best shows on telly at the moment, lets hope they don't gently caress up series 2.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
You know what, I think that I'm basically the prime target audience for The Trip because I love Rob Brydon more than I love oxygen and kittens, plus should I ever somehow end up doing right and going to heaven my place would be at the right hand of God, watching Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan swapping impressions for all of eternity.

I've laughed my arse off at both episodes, and fully expect to do so for the remaining four.

Melche
Apr 29, 2009

Brown Moses posted:

New series of Misfits starts tonight one E4 at 10pm. One of the best shows on telly at the moment, lets hope they don't gently caress up series 2.

Is there no Misfits thread? There should be a Misfits thread.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Here's a thread for it:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3364640

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Isn't the new Peepshow starting this month then?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Yeah, Peep Show chat is here. It starts November 26th.

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.
Never Mind the buzzcocks this week is hilarious.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Thanks for the recommendation of 'Getting On' chaps, thats bloody brillient. Just watched all 3 of the series. Whats that doing hiding on BBC4 when we there is another loving series of 'Miranda' on BBC2?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Graviton v2 posted:

Thanks for the recommendation of 'Getting On' chaps, thats bloody brillient. Just watched all 3 of the series. Whats that doing hiding on BBC4 when we there is another loving series of 'Miranda' on BBC2?

Because my mum and dad like Miranda because it's innocuous and doesn't go out of its way to upset where as dark comedy about the NHS and the bumbling morons therein could be considered not something that's suitable for 7.30 in the evening on a mainstream television channel.

Just a thought.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Ahaha Misfits was great. Got to love Nathan eating the Cornetto.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

Zorba the Greek posted:

Never Mind the buzzcocks this week is hilarious.

There's just something about Terry Wogan calling Bono 'Bonio' that had me literally screeching with laughter. Oh, what a loving awesome man. I want him to literally live forever :unsmith:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Did it look like Terry Wogan was drunk?

Terry Wogan drunk is the best Terry Wogan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

goatface posted:

Did it look like Terry Wogan was drunk?

Terry Wogan drunk is the best Terry Wogan.

Terry Wogan is always drunk. He's Irish.

I have a signed picture of Terry Wogan. Envy me! (I'm male, it's actually very sad).