Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

BackInTheUSSR posted:

Yeah I'm fairly sure no sports radio hosts actually believe what they're saying. It would be really hard to fill a radio show with well thought-out arguments for an hour a day every weekday of the year. You kind of have to delve into the "This dude doesn't have it" mindset.

I'd listen to a show that was 15 hours a week of some guy saying things like "Kobe is pretty good at basketball. So is Lebron. I feel no need to compare them."

The thing that angers me the most about Cowherd is that I never hear him talk about the West Coast unless it's Lakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
What????? When the hell did the WaPo and BR agree to share content. Holy loving poo poo.

That Cowher thing is hilarious.

I like Woj. Sometimes hit or miss on his columns, but overall a solid writer. I remember reading him as a kid when he was at the Bergen Record. He came and spoke with my journalism class in college. Nice dude.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Lazy like a Fox posted:

I'd listen to a show that was 15 hours a week of some guy saying things like "Kobe is pretty good at basketball. So is Lebron. I feel no need to compare them."

The thing that angers me the most about Cowherd is that I never hear him talk about the West Coast unless it's Lakers.

I stopped listening to him because he was always either talking about how awesome it was that USC/Lakers/Steelers/Yankees were at the top, or how small market teams shouldn't exist because their fans suck or something. Seemed like every day he said the exact same stuff regardless of what was happening in the news.

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

Not sure if this counts as "journalism" but I was watching Monday Night Football last night and heard this gem:

quote:

Tirico: We’ve watched Roethlisberger in the fourth game after the suspension.Three and one during the four-game sitdown. Remember it is a six game suspension for violating the personal conduct policy going back to the sexual assault complaint in Georgia this past March. Civil suit, Nevada back in ’09. Was reduced to four and Roethlisberger subsequently spent time away from the team. Worked very hard. And every player you talked to, coach or player with the Steelers said Ben has come back humbled and a much better teammate. Keeping it there, he will be close to the first down. To the 46 yard line. A first down.

Mike Tomlin said it best, and so simply as he so often does. You know what, when you have something like that happen, it changes your outlook on life and approach to things, anecdotally, players talk about, here’s Ben playing ping upon in the locker room, being part of the group, not above the group. They’re encouraged with what they’ve seen since he’s been back.

Jaworski: I saw it from Ben when we met with him Sunday, I texted him all along while having those issues and I think he’s a guy that has matured.

Tirico: Throw for Heath Miller complete for a gain of six yards, Dhani Jones stops him and we’ll flip ends here for the fourth quarter.

Gruden: Sometimes it takes adversity to strike you back into reality. I think Ben Roethlisberger is going to be fine. I really do.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Poor Ben

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

stuart scott irl posted:

Not sure if this counts as "journalism" but I was watching Monday Night Football last night and heard this gem:

Thanks for posting this, I saw it being tweeted about and was curious but missed it in the actual broadcast. Disgusting.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.

quote:

Jaworski: I saw it from Ben when we met with him Sunday, I texted him all along while having those issues and I think he’s a guy that has matured.

:stare:

1) Describing his behavior as "having those issues" makes me want to puke.
2) Texting!!!!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
In before toxicsunset to say that as a Steelers fan, anyone who tries to paint Ben Rotheseberghergh in a positive light should be slapped.

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

leokitty posted:

:stare:

1) Describing his behavior as "having those issues" makes me want to puke.
2) Texting!!!!

3) use of the term "matured" as if sexual assault was some youthful indiscretion

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

Be careful to puff her up with lots of praise and then, when you find a convenient place, do not hesitate to take what you seek and to embrace her by force. For you can hardly soften their outward inflexibility so far that they will grant you their embrace quietly or permit you to have the solaces you desire unless first you use a little compulsion as a convenient cure for their shyness.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I still haven't seen a good reason why his suspension was reduced to 4 games.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

stuart scott irl posted:

3) use of the term "matured" as if sexual assault was some youthful indiscretion

I think they are actually suggesting that him getting caught raping people has caused him to become less of an rear end in a top hat in the locker room. So "matured" makes sense in that way, it is just sort of disgusting.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The best part is referring to getting caught raping people as "adversity".

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Pro click
http://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2010/11/10/unnecessary-inference-and-undisputed-authorship-sports-articles/

pre:
Bill Simmons	Jason Whitlock	Rick Reilly
Boston	        Favre	        Anybody
Following	Elway	        Says
Movie	        Vs	        Tour
Everyone	Quaterback	Beer
Happens	        Journalist	He’d
Picks	        Brett	        Tattoo
Scene	        Tiger’s	        Mom
Suns	        Moss	        Somebody
Trade	        Media	        Buzz
Biggest	        Offseason	PGA

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Groucho Marxist posted:

Pro click
http://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2010/11/10/unnecessary-inference-and-undisputed-authorship-sports-articles/

pre:
Bill Simmons	Jason Whitlock	Rick Reilly
Boston	        Favre	        Anybody
Following	Elway	        Says
Movie	        Vs	        Tour
Everyone	Quaterback	Beer
Happens	        Journalist	He’d
Picks	        Brett	        Tattoo
Scene	        Tiger’s	        Mom
Suns	        Moss	        Somebody
Trade	        Media	        Buzz
Biggest	        Offseason	PGA
There is neither "Jeff" nor "George" under Whitlock's name, so the credibility of this article must immediately be called into question.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Tender Bender posted:

The best part is referring to getting caught raping people as "adversity".

Jesus loving christ seriously. How are people allowed to say this poo poo without getting called on it?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

I don't know where else to put this, but is everyone ready for Colin Cowherd the sitcom

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bl...orter+-+News%29

quote:

A popular sports radio talk show host has sold his life story to CBS for a sitcom deal.

A project based on ESPN talk show host Colin Cowherd was picked up by the network.

His radio show, The Herd with Colin Cowherd, is a syndicated program is known for Cowherd's obnoxious commentary that sometimes results in headline-making arguments with players and fans.

Cowherd drew blogger outrage a few years ago after using a Web site's comedy bit without credit, then writing back to the author, "WE WERE SENT IT....WE HAD NO IDEA..BUT THE INCESSANT WHINING...MEANS I WON'T GIVE YOU CREDIT NOW..GET OVER IT." Earlier this year, Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco bashed the host on Twitter after the player was singled out by Cowherd when noting "70% of the NFL and NBA players are broke within five years of retirement." Ochocinco wrote that Cowherd should "just say I don't like this black guy," then added "your girl is cheating on you."

The Cowherd script sold as a multi-camera comedy to CBS, with writers Bill Martin and Mike Schiff attached (Hank, Grounded For Life), as well as executive producers Eric and Kim Tannenbaum (Two and a Half Men).

Cowherd himself has a producer credit on the untitled project, which is at CBS TV Studios.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Vertical Lime posted:

I don't know where else to put this, but is everyone ready for Colin Cowherd the sitcom

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bl...orter+-+News%29

Will probably be better than poo poo My Dad Says.

e: But worse than Everybody Loves Raymond.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

[...] Colin Cowherd [...] Two and a Half Men [...]

Worst thing in human history

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I bet this show will be as successful as the one based on Pardon the Interruption.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Where'd he steal the comedy bit from again? I remember it being from somewhere I recognize.

vvv Oh that's right MGoBlog.com. That's a pretty well recognized fan site.

Badfinger fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 15, 2010

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Badfinger posted:

Where'd he steal the comedy bit from again? I remember it being from somewhere I recognize.

Some Michigan fan blog or something.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
He also announced on the air for listeners to launch a denial of service attack on The Big Lead after they posted an article criticizing him.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
So what exactly is the show supposed to be? Cowherd is a guy who says stupid things to get people pissed off. Are we supposed to spend the show laughing at him putting his foot in his mouth? It sounds like a crappy ripoff of Curb or something.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
It's on CBS so he will probably be a sports talk radio host who is a loving father and husband who has to deal with listeners confronting his opinions in public and his crazy ex-wife

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Your usual "Wins are what count for Cy Young winners" rambling:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/11/feliz-hernandez-cc-sabathia-al-cy-young/1

quote:

The AL's Cy Young winner will be announced tomorrow and it probably is going to land in the hands of Felix Hernandez, the proud possessor of a 13-12 record.

And that will drive me a little nuts.

I detest the Yankees and their checkbook championships, but if I had a Cy Young vote this year it would go to CC Sabathia, who was 21-7 with a 3.18 ERA. The trend has been to judge pitchers by everything except their won-loss record, and I think that takes the game down a naive path. Any pitcher whose team loses should not leave the clubhouse feeling good because he had a "quality start."

The first Cy Young winners I spent any time around were Catfish Hunter and Vida Blue, who won their awards with respective 25 and 24-wins seasons. They took losses hard, and if anyone had ever tried to cheer them up with compliments about a good WHIP stat on the day of a defeat they would have been met with a cold, hard stare.

But for me, 13 wins by a starter just doesn't compute to a Cy Young award.

It lowers the bar on the most important stat in sports. And while we're at it, let's ban 9-7 teams from the NFL playoffs, not let anyone make the cut at the Masters unless they're under par and deport the next person who promotes a 128-team NCAA tournament.

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

http://www.thereporteronline.com/articles/2010/11/16/sports/professional/doc4ce3469eee0ba221866750.txt?viewmode=fullstory

SCHLEGEL: Dealing Utley for Kemp could recharge Phils

quote:

A baseball-savant friend presented an intriguing trade to rejuvenate the Phillies offense: Send Chase Utley to the Dodgers for outfielder Matt Kemp.

It’s the most logical option I’ve heard this offseason. Phillies General Manager Ruben Amaro Jr. usually prefers to shake up the clubhouse each spring. The acquisition of Kemp, 25, would reinvigorate the team and remake the batting order, my friend argued.

A player with enormous ability, Kemp could be on the trading block after a disappointing performance in 2010.

“Everyone around town wants him traded,” wrote columnist Bill Plaschke in the Sept. 18 edition of the Los Angeles Times. “Everyone in baseball wants to trade for him.”

I’d like to think Amaro has already discussed this option with his Dodgers counterpart, Ned Colletti. And that the two will continue to talk at the winter meetings, held this week in Orlando, Fla.

Breaking up the Phillies’ core seems to be the best way to fortify their offense. Utley, who turns 32 on Dec. 17, appears past his physical prime.

The Dodgers lack an everyday second baseman. And a player of Utley’s caliber should be able to help attract Kemp, a right-handed power hitter who runs like a leadoff hitter.

Ruben, utilize the same creativity that brought Cy Young award winner Roy Halladay to Philadelphia. And feel free to include outfield prospect Domonic Brown if necessary to seal the deal.

Expanding the Phillies' payroll an additional $20 million beyond the 2010 mark of $143 million to retain right fielder Jayson Werth, the team’s right handed power hitter, seems as likely as the failed Senatorial campaign of Christine “I am not a witch” O’Donnell in Delaware.

While replacing Werth with aging role player (Marcus Thames, Austin Kearns, Magglio Ordonez or Jermaine Dye) may better fit the team’s budget, they certainly wouldn’t match Kemp’s potential impact.

A five-tool player (six if you count his girlfriend Rihanna), Kemp’s offensive abilities compare favorably with Werth, a free agent on the verge of earning a contract approaching nine figures.

Kemp — who averaged more than 17 homers and 66 RBI and nearly 21 stolen bases over his first five seasons with the Dodgers — would provide ample right-handed protection for Ryan Howard, a left handed power hitter, in No. 5 spot in the order.

He could even hit fourth, allowing Manager Charlie Manuel to bat Howard third.

Kemp plays defense at least as well as Werth and has a throwing arm comparable to that of Phillies’ center fielder Shane Victorino.

In 2009, his second season as the team’s regular center fielder, Kemp won the Gold Glove and Silver Slugger Awards. He also finished 10th in the National League MVP voting after hitting 26 home runs and driving in 101 runs.

That season of individual achievements was followed by one of frustration. In 2010, Kemp’s batting average dropped from .297 to .249 and slugging percentage fell 40 points to .450, but he finished the season with 28 homers and 89 RBI.

Colletti criticized Kemp — who signed a two-year $10.75 million contract prior to the 2010 season — on a Los Angeles radio station, according to Times.

“The base running’s below average,” Colletti told KABC radio’s Peter Tilden in April. “The defense is below average. Why is it? Because he got a new deal? I can’t tell you.”

Since the Dodgers would be taking on salary, the Phillies would likely have to pay a significant portion of Utley’s 2011 salary of $15 million. And maybe a big chunk of the remaining seven year, $85 million contract that expires after the 2013 season.

Kemp — eligible for arbitration in 2012 and free agency in 2013 — is scheduled to earn $6.975 million in 2011, according to baseball-reference.com.

Then the Phillies would have to sign a free agent stop gap second baseman or third baseman, which would include moving Placido Polanco from third to take Utley’s place. Free agent infielders Orlando Hudson Ty Wigginton, Jorge Cantu and Cristian Guzman could be workable options.

Even if the general managers could agree on compensation, outside factors could prevent the consummation of a deal.

The divorce between Frank and Jamie McCourt, and dispute over ownership of the Dodgers, rages on. Later this month, or sometime in December, a judge will announce whether Frank McCourt is the sole owner of the team, according to an Oct. 20 article in the LA Times.

Utley, a Southern California native, could also veto the trade. A limited no-trade clause in his contract allows the player to name nine teams annually to which he many not be traded, according to a published report.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
I love that article.

My favorite part is he quotes Bill Plaschke, who's easily the greatest Kemp hater in history.

e: scratch that, my favorite part is how he says Kemp isn't wanted, and then says the Phillies should throw in prospects to make the deal square.

The broken bones fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 18, 2010

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Why does the Philly media hate Utley again? He's just been... really consistently awesome for them. Like I don't see anything he's done that would make him a scapegoat at all.

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
He didn't single handedly win the NLCS for them this year.

ZerodotJander fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 18, 2010

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Tender Bender posted:

Why does the Philly media hate Utley again? He's just been... really consistently awesome for them. Like I don't see anything he's done that would make him a scapegoat at all.

He used the F-Word during the World Series Championship parade, destroying young fans' virgin ears :qq:

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
why is it that Philadelphia is like the only place on the planet where black baseball players get undeserved praise and white baseball players are treated with contempt?

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

The broken bones posted:

e: scratch that, my favorite part is how he says Kemp isn't wanted, and then says the Phillies should throw in prospects to make the deal square.

Not just prospects, Dom Brown, as if he's some kind of throw in chip

and why is "Hey guys check out what my friend said" such a popular genre for baseball writers right now

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

seiferguy posted:

Your usual "Wins are what count for Cy Young winners" rambling:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/11/feliz-hernandez-cc-sabathia-al-cy-young/1

That Masters line is incredible. I too would like to watch the final weekend of a golf tournament with four players in the field.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tim Keown: STEP ON UP!

Tim Keown for ESPN.com posted:

Kobe Bryant's wrong 'Duty' message

Who thought it was a good idea for Kobe to shoot an assault weapon in that ad?

Todd Walker was working in the mortuary Monday, preparing the body of a 14-year-old boy, a kid he'd coached in youth football for five years, for a funeral later this week. Larry Malik Grayson was shot in the head two days after his last freshman football game at Berkeley (Calif.) High School.

It happened at a friend's house. Somehow a gun appeared and Malik died. The shooting may have been accidental. The details seem unimportant, but the senselessness isn't and neither is the frequency. Too many lives are being lost or changed because of guns. Too many kids -- good kids, kids who play football or baseball or basketball, kids who go to school and try to do right -- are dying on the streets of places like Berkeley and Oakland.

One of Walker's nephews, a 13-year-old, was shot in Oakland earlier this year when someone fired into his house. He survived, but is now blind. Walker prepared the body of another of his former Berkeley Junior Bears football players last month, a 15-year-old. There was a 13-year-old track star shot and killed as he just walked down the street less than a week before he was to start at Skyline High School.

Walker's heart breaks and his anger rises. As a youth football coach and funeral-home worker, he fights the gun culture and the death culture. He fights the pervasiveness that threatens to turn youth gun violence into just another annoyance of modern life, along the lines of a dropped phone call or a pothole. He tries to use sports to create a positive alternative.

And then last week, he went home and was watching a game when a new commercial for "Call of Duty: Black Ops" came on his television. Seen through Walker's eyes, the content was bad enough. A woman in high heels, a hotel concierge, a guy in a fast-food worker's outfit -- they're all shooting automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades in an urban warfare setting.

He was already disgusted, but about halfway through the spot, Walker did a double take: Wait! Wasn't that Kobe Bryant?

Seriously, is that really Kobe Bryant carrying an assault weapon with the word "MAMBA" on the barrel? Did Kobe Bryant, the highest-paid player in the NBA, take money not only to advertise a shooting game but actually shoot -- or simulate shooting -- an automatic weapon while doing it? None of his people, not his wife or his agent or someone in the NBA offices, advised him against this?

"I couldn't believe it was him," Walker says. "What's wrong with him?"

Walker
Tim Keown/ESPN.comTodd Walker uses his mortuary job to scare his youth football players straight. Kobe's presence in the ad isn't helping.

Walker gives funeral-home tours to every team he coaches. He tries to hammer home the reality of death by putting kids in cardboard cremation boxes. He shows them the tools he uses to drain bodily fluids and the chemicals he uses to prepare bodies. It probably wouldn't play in the suburbs, but Walker's trying to fight a culture that glamorizes death with tattoos, airbrushed T-shirts and roadside memorials. He's fighting a culture that has desensitized death to the point where fantasy has overtaken reality. In the process, the permanence of death -- "That person is gone," Walker tells the kids when he closes someone inside the box -- is often lost.

Those responses might be coping mechanisms or a natural defense against the reality of a situation that some deem hopeless, but Walker fights anyway. The glamorization troubles him. The lack of shock troubles him. He thinks people who don't value death are less likely to value life.

And then he sees Kobe shooting an assault weapon on TV, along with Jimmy Kimmel and those other "ordinary" people, including an overweight girl wearing glasses and a revenge-is-mine smile as she fires into a building. (She's apparently in the throes of a self-esteem bump, but it doesn't take much of a leap to see her as a geek settling things with a gun.) At the end of the spot, the tag line -- "There's a soldier in all of us" -- manages to diminish and trivialize the work of real soldiers while sending one of the most irresponsible messages in the history of advertising. (The ad campaign is everywhere, including on ESPN's family of networks and this website.)

"This is exactly what we're trying to fight," Walker says. "I'm looking at a 14-year-old boy right now who got shot in the head, and then I see Kobe get on TV looking like a damned fool, holding an assault weapon and wearing the same stuff the kids are wearing when they kill somebody. The look on his face -- all smiling and happy. This is the attitude we're trying to get away from. It's OK for him, though, because he's never had to worry about going home to the ghetto. That ain't his world."

The NBA has a dress code. Break it and get fined. The NBA has a code of conduct. Break it and get fined or suspended. The NBA made an example out of Gilbert Arenas when he brought a gun to work. Walker asks, "Where's the NBA on this one? What the hell is this guy doing? He needs to explain his reasons for that."

The Lakers, through their public relations people, say they haven't dealt with any backlash from the spot. "Not a Laker issue," says VP John Black, who referred me to Bryant's agents, who had no public comment.

[+] EnlargeBlack Ops
Ethan Miller/Getty ImagesOne of the attractions at a launch event for the game in north Las Vegas last week was an Airsoft SAW machine gun.

It's well known that Bryant is involved in military charities and feels a kinship with American soldiers. He reportedly trained with actual black ops soldiers to prepare for the commercial. At the game's launch, Bryant helped present a check for $1 million to the Call of Duty Endowment for returning soldiers.

Robert Kotick, the CEO of Activision, which makes "Call of Duty," considers his game a tribute to the military. It's a claim that's undercut by a commercial that makes its "heroes" appear to be regular people using their lunch break to take down a helicopter and fire a few rounds into a building.

For all his basketball talent, Kobe has always tried to develop the street cred that doesn't fit his background. Walker says, "If he's looking for street cred, he should do a commercial where he's throwing that assault weapon into an incinerator. We're trying to send a message that guns aren't the answer, and we've got an NBA player on television shooting that big-rear end gun with a stupid-rear end look on his face. We can't win."

Walker has an idea he knows will never happen. He wants to give Kobe the same tour he gives his young football players.

"I'd like him to come in here and see what I see," Walker says. "The bodies, the tools, the chemicals -- he needs to see it and smell it. He damned sure needs to see it."

Walker had to get off the phone. He had to go back to work. The Lakers come to Oakland to play the Warriors on Jan. 12.

The offer stands.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
I like how he insults Kemp's girlfriend for literally no reason whatever. That's classy opinion writing, calling a player's wife a tool.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

barkingclam posted:

I like how he insults Kemp's girlfriend for literally no reason whatever. That's classy opinion writing, calling a player's wife a tool.

I think he meant that it was another asset he brings to the team, like having a hot chick around every now and then would make the team better. Worked for Kris Benson, right?

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

The broken bones posted:

why is it that Philadelphia is like the only place on the planet where black baseball players get undeserved praise and white baseball players are treated with contempt?

Guilt over their horrible treatment of Dick Allen

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

The Goog posted:

I think he meant that it was another asset he brings to the team, like having a hot chick around every now and then would make the team better. Worked for Kris Benson, right?

I guess that makes a little more sense, although you'd think a person who gets paid to use words could phrase that a little better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

quote:

Todd Walker uses his mortuary job to scare his youth football players straight. Kobe's presence in the ad isn't helping.

Walker gives funeral-home tours to every team he coaches. He tries to hammer home the reality of death by putting kids in cardboard cremation boxes. He shows them the tools he uses to drain bodily fluids and the chemicals he uses to prepare bodies.

:stare: this is the guy who thinks Kobe pretending to be in the army is bad for kids?