Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
Opened up a new shop, selling coupon binders/recipe card holders, just basically something less time consuming with a higher profit margin then my switch plates. So the new shop is http://stuffitbook.etsy.com

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINK HELCH
Oct 24, 2004
My God, it's taking over america!
http://tails32x.etsy.com

Just opened up shop again today after being away for a couple months. Mostly needle pointed game characters.

panictheory
Aug 9, 2006

elbow posted:

You mean a thread like this one?

Her store is http://savor.etsy.com and her soaps are all super delicious. Plus, if you tell her you're a goon when you order from her, she'll throw in a sample or two :)

I love Savor!! I ordered from her when she first started making and selling soaps in SA mart, and haven't stopped since.

RubySprinkles
Jul 8, 2008
Finally started to get stuff put in my Etsy shop. Mostly knitting stitch markers with a few funky hand-knit items. (Adding more soon.)

http://cegrimes.etsy.com

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I have a new etsy store! :3:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/threadbareknitter

And for the grand re-opening I'm featuring free shipping on all items! :dances:

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

Not sure how much people are checking in on this thread but I figure I'd ask anyway: is anybody updating their shop with Halloween stuff? If so I'd love to know who so I could perhaps get my decorations from a fellow SAer.

40sTheme
Oct 21, 2010
I have a question for those of you that use Etsy:

My friend and I are thinking about making guitar effects pedals and selling them, and want a good interface through which to do this (IE NOT eBay). Since they will be homemade/DIY stuff, would it be something appropriate to use Etsy for?

omgmypony
Oct 5, 2005

wii wii wii wii wii wii wii
I don't see why not... they're hand made after all. :)

40sTheme
Oct 21, 2010

omgmypony posted:

I don't see why not... they're hand made after all. :)

Awesome! I just usually see arts/crafts stuff for sale there and was unsure whether niche electronic components would be something worthwhile to put up there.

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004
Who's ready for safe fun?
Well if all the people selling custom usb sticks and ipod docks are fair game, then homemade guitar pedals seem downright awesome.

40sTheme
Oct 21, 2010
Cool, I'll definitely do it then.

I'll post the shop in here once everything is up and running. Got a lot of prototyping to do. =)

zoecore
Dec 23, 2003

Is anyone interested in doing a banner ad for the holidays this year? We talked about it last year but it never panned out. Something that links to an external page with a list of goon Etsy shops. We're thinking of doing one.

If you're interested, please let me know soon. Our closing date for Christmas orders is the first week of December because of UK Royal Mail's posting deadlines. So we need to really get the banner ad up before the end of the month.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

zoecore posted:

Is anyone interested in doing a banner ad for the holidays this year? We talked about it last year but it never panned out. Something that links to an external page with a list of goon Etsy shops. We're thinking of doing one.

If you're interested, please let me know soon. Our closing date for Christmas orders is the first week of December because of UK Royal Mail's posting deadlines. So we need to really get the banner ad up before the end of the month.

I'm in!

omgmypony
Oct 5, 2005

wii wii wii wii wii wii wii
I might be in, depends on how strapped for cash I am when the time comes.

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004

zoecore posted:

I'm in too!

Sonata
Jan 29, 2004

I might be in too, depending on things! But most likely yes!

zoecore
Dec 23, 2003

An SA banner ad is $30 for a month. And we'll probably just do a month to begin with. We'll just split the $30 evenly, so the more people want in, the cheaper it will be. We'll just make a webpage that has a list of goons with shops, a brief shop description, a product photo (or two) and a link to said shop. Then we'll make the banner ad link to the webpage.

If you definitely want in, message me with:

- Your goon name
- Your Etsy shop link
- A brief description of your shop (and any info about a goon discount if you want to have one - we will.)
- A link to a product photo (or two) you'd like us to use to represent you.
- Your paypal email so we can invoice you when it's done (obviously the price will depend on how many people want in - it will be no more than $15, as I'm already in!)

We'll make the closing date this Friday the 29th at 6pm gmt. That way we can do the webpage / ad over the weekend and it will be up for the 1st of November.

Edit: I forgot! What should we call the webpage / banner? Crafty Goon Squad? Goon Crafters Society? Suggestions please!

zoecore fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 25, 2010

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
zoecore, you might also want to post in the knitting/crochet/needle felting/spinning thread about the SA Christmas Goon Banner, just because I know a lot of people there have shops and might not read this thread.

electricgoat
Aug 17, 2009
Zoecore, I'd definitely be down for this! I don't have PMs, though... Do you have an email address I should send the info to, or should I post in this thread?

Thanks for organizing this! :D

zoecore
Dec 23, 2003

electricgoat posted:

Zoecore, I'd definitely be down for this! I don't have PMs, though... Do you have an email address I should send the info to, or should I post in this thread?

Thanks for organizing this! :D

No problem. Message me on Etsy: Weaselfactory (or check my profile for link).

There's already one other person confirmed, so if you're in it will be $10.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

zoecore posted:

No problem. Message me on Etsy: Weaselfactory (or check my profile for link).

There's already one other person confirmed, so if you're in it will be $10.

I'm in, and my cousin might be. I need to get ahold of her.

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004
I'm in, will message you my info tomorrow :)

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
I just opened up a shop!

https://dogcase.etsy.com

Right now I only have two items! It will mostly be paracord bracelets and other things made of knots. I got addicted to tying these drat things so I'm hoping if I can sell a few every once in a while then at least this hobby can pay for itself, if not a coffee every once in a while.

zoecore
Dec 23, 2003

Just an update on the goon Etsy banner ad: There's 4 confirmed goons, which makes the price $7.50 each. Obviously, that price will go down if more people sign up. The closing date is tomorrow evening, so please see above if you're interested in taking part.

*By confirmed, I mean sent me their info in a message. If you've just told me that you're interested, you're not confirmed yet and the price will drop when I get your details.

zoecore fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Oct 28, 2010

meataidstheft
Jul 31, 2005

Yous a lady Skwisgaar!
Generic Disease

My friend started her own etsy shop with cute shrinky-dink/charm jewelry. I designed the shrink-plastic art and she did the construction.

I think we have some cute poo poo going on and it all has a very DIY feel. Plus it's fairly cheap.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

zoecore posted:

Just an update on the goon Etsy banner ad: There's 4 confirmed goons, which makes the price $7.50 each. Obviously, that price will go down if more people sign up. The closing date is tomorrow evening, so please see above if you're interested in taking part.

*By confirmed, I mean sent me their info in a message. If you've just told me that you're interested, you're not confirmed yet and the price will drop when I get your details.

Okay, I've sent you mine and my cousin's information!

My cousin is a goon, she's just a shy goon.

zoecore
Dec 23, 2003

meataidstheft posted:

Generic Disease

My friend started her own etsy shop with cute shrinky-dink/charm jewelry. I designed the shrink-plastic art and she did the construction.

I think we have some cute poo poo going on and it all has a very DIY feel. Plus it's fairly cheap.

Your stuff is awesome! Are you charging enough? It seems too cheap. I run a jewellery making club at school (I'm a secondary teacher) and we've used shrinky plastic before. I know how long it takes to draw a good quality image with decent colour.

meataidstheft
Jul 31, 2005

Yous a lady Skwisgaar!
Thank you so much! We've decided to keep the prices relatively low now until we get a few sales, and once we figure out a better way to color the plastic we'll bump up so it's a bit more profitable. At least that's my understanding hahaha, I'm just the designer :P

edit: Also zoecore you're pretty much living my dream. Do you have a laser cutter or something? I'm not sure if you wanna spill your trade secrets all over the thread but I'd love to know your process if you'd let me. I have PM's enabled or my etsy handle is screamingcathead

meataidstheft fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 29, 2010

zoecore
Dec 23, 2003

meataidstheft posted:

Thank you so much! We've decided to keep the prices relatively low now until we get a few sales, and once we figure out a better way to color the plastic we'll bump up so it's a bit more profitable. At least that's my understanding hahaha, I'm just the designer :P

Well do consider the goon banner ad for some more exposure. We have 7 people now, so it's less than $5 per person. Closing date is today!

When we were using shrinky plastic at the workshop, we used coloured Sharpies and Prismacolor pencils, which produce a really rich, bold, layered look. But it's so time consuming.

quote:

Also zoecore you're pretty much living my dream. Do you have a laser cutter or something? I'm not sure if you wanna spill your trade secrets all over the thread but I'd love to know your process if you'd let me. I have PM's enabled or my etsy handle is screamingcathead

We use a laser cutter for most things. So basically we use a lot of acrylic, wood, superglue and a whole bunch of bulk silver chain. There's nothing to it actually. I have more fun writing descriptions for the products than I do making them.

I often have issues with the pricing of our products. People think because it's a plastic necklace it should be cheap (I get people trying to barter discounts with me all the time on custom orders, which is very annoying and something I'd never do). People don't understand that the cost isn't in the materials, but in the time it takes me to draw things. It's always the people who want a multiple changes done that want a discount. I make less than minimum wage on our stuff by far. Urg.

Ol Uncle Anime
Jul 3, 2009

And no one ate dinner that night.
I've got a store up at http://www.etsy.com/shop/dontpressb. I am working on making more stuff, and I definitely need to list more since I have made a lot of stuff in the last week or two, but I make resin jewelry, keychains, and such. My stuff is either nerdy or cute, and I am going to also start making hats soon as well.

I've kind of made a bit of a backlock though on the resin front:

Click here for the full 800x531 image.

zoecore
Dec 23, 2003

Etsy banner update:

Everything's done. The ad is purchased and the website is up. The banner will go into rotation tomorrow (the 1st of November) for one month. Please keep us updated if the banner increases your views or gets you any sales, so we know if it's worth doing again in the future.

The website is randomised, every click rearranges the rows, so everyone's shop is one top some of the time. Please check the info and let me know if anything needs changing. I can be messaged on here or through Etsy (check profile) if any changes need to me made.

I will be sending out invoices today. It's nine people total, so it's very cheap - $3.35 per person.

Here's the website: Etsy Goon Squad

And here's the banner:

zoecore fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 31, 2010

Sonata
Jan 29, 2004

zoecore posted:

The banner and the website look awesome! :D Payment sent.

electricgoat
Aug 17, 2009

zoecore posted:

And here's the banner:

This looks great, and so does the website! Thanks for all your hard work! Also, I sent payment, but forgot to include a note about who I am along with the payment, so please let me know if my newbishness caused any confusion!

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender
You rock! Payment also sent!

Autumn2May
Apr 5, 2010

Looks great! I'm off to check out all the other shops now! Hope everyone gets tons of sales from this! :D

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
Hey guys. There was an Etsy thread last year-ish in GBS, and after I told my mom about it, she opened her own shop : http://www.etsy.com/shop/OldBayCrochet. There's only two listings up at the moment because I need to upload the rest (I basically run the computer side of things), but check it out. The blue and white pineapple one is really nice, it's very soft and big enough to cover a twin-sized bed easily. I love some of the other stuff I've seen around here, you guys are talented.

maso
Jul 6, 2004

fuck bitches get stud fees
Just opened shop. Right now I've got some needle felting, some small boxes, and some miniature dogs. Take a peek if you're so inclined!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DagonHounds

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Apparently etsy deleted all of their old groups. Is it okay if I make the Goon etsy group?

Sonata
Jan 29, 2004

maso posted:

Just opened shop. Right now I've got some needle felting, some small boxes, and some miniature dogs. Take a peek if you're so inclined!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DagonHounds

Heeey, needlefelts! Hello friend :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Wandering Knitter posted:

Apparently etsy deleted all of their old groups. Is it okay if I make the Goon etsy group?

Please do. I went to the old group once to see what I could buy from a goon and

"Sorry, etsy shop not found."

Oh. :smith: So many lost.