Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

Gram-O-Phone posted:

I have a signed picture of Terry Wogan. Envy me! (I'm male, it's actually very sad).

You don't want it? Just tell me who I have to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I've met a few celebrities but I don't really get starstruck that much. If there was two men that would do it, though, it would be Stephen Fry and Terry Wogan.

Both would reduce me the level of a Take That fan, probably.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

Adrianics posted:

You don't want it? Just tell me who I have to kill.

I won it in a charity raffle. If I'm honest it's actually pretty cool (a Radio 2 stock photo with the signature on the left hand side next to Wogan's handsome bonce) but I don't have it on the wall or anything, it's just in its envelope. If you'd like it email me your address and I'll put it in the post to you. My email is mattc444uk AT yahoo.co.uk (replace the AT with the appropriate symbol, i.e. @)

e: Also, you don't have to kill anyone, although you could maim Piers Morgan for me.

Gram-O-Phone fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 12, 2010

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What a lovely gesture :unsmith:.

John_Anon_Smith
Nov 26, 2007
:smug:
i havent enjoyed never mind the buzcocks so much in years. this las episode was amazing. the atmosphere was really positive. terry wogan was amazing. james blunt was grea, rufus, everyone... "do u live alone"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

John_Anon_Smith posted:

i havent enjoyed never mind the buzcocks so much in years. this las episode was amazing. the atmosphere was really positive. terry wogan was amazing. james blunt was grea, rufus, everyone... "do u live alone"

..."u", really?

And it was amazing. Like Rufus said, Terry can say absolutely anything to you and you automatically agree. Plus him making fun of Chris Evans was unexpected and brilliant.
I just wish number 5 in the Cheryl Baker lineup had been Pat Sharpe again.

FelixMeOneMoreTime
May 11, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbiSJE6Dw_k&feature=player_embedded!

Alan Partridge Mid Morning Matters episode 2 is up!

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbiSJE6Dw_k&feature=player_embedded!

Alan Partridge Mid Morning Matters episode 2 is up!

Whyyyy are these blocked in my country on copyright grouunnnds? :smith:

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
Because you're a bloody foreigner, coming over to our part of the internet trying to steal our comedy.

Surely they're getting re-uploded by people with no restrictions?

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
How do you guys feel about mid morning matters?
I'm enjoying it, really feels like classic partridge to me.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I like how Tim Keys character has become some weird devoted little Toadie to him.

I keep hoping we'll see Lynn and Michael popping by.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
Episode 2 of Partridge works abroad. Can't seem to find one for ep 1 though :(

Edit - "Simon Le Bon, which is actually French for Simon The Good"

Bloodbath fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 13, 2010

Roidweiser
Sep 10, 2003
Huuuuuur catchphrases are fun, and cats huurrr

Bloodbath posted:

Episode 2 of Partridge works abroad. Can't seem to find one for ep 1 though :(

Edit - "Simon Le Bon, which is actually French for Simon The Good"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucrpgmJxx0E&feature=player_embedded There you go.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006

meme posted:

How do you guys feel about mid morning matters?
I'm enjoying it, really feels like classic partridge to me.

It's great, Coogan's playing the character the same as always and the writing is perfect.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I still can't believe my sisters boyfriend doesn't like him. The man is decent and has class but not enjoying Coogan?

I find even his early Spitting Image voice acting gold.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

I think this new Partidge is really what suits the character best - with a full show they sometimes take it to bizarre conclusions, while the small budget and single location here keep it focussed on him.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

FreakyZoid posted:

I think this new Partidge is really what suits the character best - with a full show they sometimes take it to bizarre conclusions, while the small budget and single location here keep it focussed on him.

That is exactly why I'm loving it too

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Oh Sirrah, how deliciously absurd!
New Patridge is absolutely perfect, though I hope they manage to fit in a bit of Michael at some point.

Y'never had a cuppabeans man?

Scant Consolation
Sep 4, 2006
Good Egg
I know some people find them unbearable, but I've just watched the first episode of Giles and Sue Live the Good Life, and I really enjoyed it. Really had me laughing out loud at several points.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!
Watching Jimmy Carr and Johnny Vaughan panicking on the Million Pound Drop is hilarious.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Million pound drop is a suprisingly decent gameshow. I played along online last night which was good fun,

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Scant Consolation posted:

I know some people find them unbearable, but I've just watched the first episode of Giles and Sue Live the Good Life, and I really enjoyed it. Really had me laughing out loud at several points.

Giles Coren is so wet it's embarrassing, but something about Sue Perkins dressed as 1970s Felicity Kendal milking a goat gives me funny feelings

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

"This video contains content from Fosters, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." :(

I'm in Australia. Thanks Fosters.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Bloodbath posted:

"This video contains content from Fosters, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." :(

I'm in Australia. Thanks Fosters.

Does anyone in Australia actually drink Fosters?

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Junkenstein posted:

I've been here for a few years now and literally haven't seen it any where. No one seems to drink it, and if you mention it you pretty much get laughed at.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
If anyone's not seen it yet, this weeks QI features Eddie Izzard, I think for the first time since the pilot. Also Danny Baker, who I'm sure we're all wishing well.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Scant Consolation posted:

You're not alone, I found the show quite funny too. I think it's the way they constantly bicker with each other like a pair of spoiled siblings that I find rather endearing.

Plus, a 40-year old man squealing like a little girl and running away from an inquisitive chicken will always be hilarious.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Man, I just read about Baker and that's a really lovely thing to happen. Hope he recovers quickly.

QI is prerecorded way before it's aired, though, so that's probably an episode where he didn't even know.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
This seems to be on the iPlayer, not listened to it yet, but it might be good. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00p84qc/Red_Dwarf_Infinity_Welcomes_Careful_Drivers_Episode_1/

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
The newest Buzzcocks is great, Terry Wogan is fantastic.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Ddraig posted:

Man, I just read about Baker and that's a really lovely thing to happen. Hope he recovers quickly.

QI is prerecorded way before it's aired, though, so that's probably an episode where he didn't even know.

I think he's known for a while, he apparently made reference to his "radioactive medicine" on his radio show.

Leyburn posted:

This seems to be on the iPlayer, not listened to it yet, but it might be good. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00p84qc/Red_Dwarf_Infinity_Welcomes_Careful_Drivers_Episode_1/

I remember it being good, it's basically the audio book with sound effects from back when BBC radio did awesome things like that and Batman: Knightfall.

There will probably be times you think you are listening to the rest of the cast, Chris Barrie does every single one of them perfectly.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

BizarroAzrael posted:

I remember it being good, it's basically the audio book with sound effects from back when BBC radio did awesome things like that and Batman: Knightfall.

There will probably be times you think you are listening to the rest of the cast, Chris Barrie does every single one of them perfectly.

His Cat voice isn't quite right, but his impressions of the rest of the cast are completely uncanny. I really highly recommend listening to that audio book, I listened to it a month or so ago and it was just condensed Red Dwarf brilliance. It really fills out the backstory a lot as well, and since it's not on screen they were able to let their imagination run wild.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Darth Goon posted:

His Cat voice isn't quite right, but his impressions of the rest of the cast are completely uncanny. I really highly recommend listening to that audio book, I listened to it a month or so ago and it was just condensed Red Dwarf brilliance. It really fills out the backstory a lot as well, and since it's not on screen they were able to let their imagination run wild.

there's some wonderful stuff in the books (the two proper books, none of that continutaiton bullshit).

I absolutely loved the extended Me^2 (second Rimmer hologram) stuff, the overall feel is very similar to the show, but because it has additional breathing room it's just allowed to blossom, and they fit it in with the rest of the plot really well. Similarly the much longer Better then Life sequence, where it's a major part of the plot not just a series of throwaway gags. The explanation of the purpose of the Nova 5 is awesome. There's also stuff that never made it into the show at all. I thought Garbage-world was deeply touching, I couldn't help but think of it when I saw Wall-E years and years later. Almost every sequence in the novels can be directly or indirectly related to an episode of the TV show, but it's expended and restructured in such a way that it really works as a book

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Have they stopped putting QI XL on then? Used to be put up On Demand over the weekends, have no idea when it was actually on the telly but for the past couple weeks it hasn't been put up. Wanted to see more of Eddie Izzard.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

thebardyspoon posted:

Have they stopped putting QI XL on then? Used to be put up On Demand over the weekends, have no idea when it was actually on the telly but for the past couple weeks it hasn't been put up. Wanted to see more of Eddie Izzard.

There hasn't been one on the telly for the last couple of weeks either. No idea why.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Junkenstein posted:

I bet they have some beer where the marketing campaign depicts really dull English Poms sipping it and grumbling into it in dirty murky ancient pubs as a dig back.

Also, Chris Barrie does need more work. Yeah that Come Back special was poo poo but the actors themselves are still mostly brilliant.

Poor Craig.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Leyburn posted:

It's stuff like this that makes me love Radio 7.

Also you can tell that Barrie was an impressonist. Most of those voices are spot on.

aga.
Sep 1, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

Poor Craig.

Him smoking crack in the back of his car was the most depressing celeb thing I've ever read, really put me off watching the show for a while.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

aga. posted:

Him smoking crack in the back of his car was the most depressing celeb thing I've ever read, really put me off watching the show for a while.

Drugs and becoming a regular on Coronation street can sink a good man career hard :smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

SeanBeansShako posted:

Poor Craig.

His show on 6 music is alright.