Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

VideoTapir posted:

I don't get it, is this that /o/ meme?

its a G5.

G5=/=GS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I thought it was a G6. Hmm.

Regardless, not a lot of comedy there.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
That 240SX is a totally awesome build with great parts, besides the loving awful suspension and cage.

I_Like_Me
Dec 26, 2004

Timmy Cruise posted:

its a G5.

G5=/=GS

VideoTapir posted:

I thought it was a G6. Hmm.

Regardless, not a lot of comedy there.

It's also not a four door. I got a little laugh out of it because when I saw the GS it was like the guy who's puts up the signs on the boards and ran out of S letters so he uses a 5 instead.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The guy with a 240sx is local to me. He's a shining example of a car nut who enjoys wrenching on(and sinking money into) the projects more than driving them. It's overpriced, but solid. He put it up for sale when it had an auto trans and got a ton of hate mail. Looks like it's back on a market with a T56!

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 15, 2010

another loser
Mar 25, 2001
Government seized Countach for sale:
http://crownassets.pwgsc.gc.ca/mn-e...est=1#topOfCADC

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

another loser posted:

Oh dear me. Teenaged Rhyno is jumping up and down in the back of my brain telling me to sell a kidney and half of my liver.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

another loser posted:

Holyfuck, those bumpers :gonk:
This needs to go in the stupid poo poo thread. :colbert: Or maybe we could make a new one. You put WHAT on your car? Stupid poo poo the goddamn US 5mph bumper regulations made you put on your cars

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Black88GTA posted:

Holyfuck, those bumpers :gonk:
This needs to go in the stupid poo poo thread. :colbert: Or maybe we could make a new one. You put WHAT on your car? Stupid poo poo the goddamn US 5mph bumper regulations made you put on your cars

It isn't just "OMG US market bumpers," those are spectacularly bad even compared to their peers.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

From the Washington, DC craiglist:

quote:

900$$ as is where is directions are as follows: you call xxx-xxx-4587 you tell me your intrested in the truck i give you directions on where the truck can be seen you come out if you like the truck then you buy the truck and you drive it home with you after you pay me the 900$ cash! i will not hold it for you this is a 1st come 1st serve deal im not intrested in checks!! im not intrested in shipping it theres alot of time & money invested the truck and im not willing to take any less for the truck i was selling it for 1500 last week but i lowerd the price for a quick sell also this truck is 1984 so it has a few flaws but it is in good conditon for its age 1984 not 2010 1984!!!!!
due to all the spam emails if your intrested in the truck call me and ask any questions also this truck is 1984 not 2010!!!!!! and ive started the body work for the
paint so you dont half too!!!! i drove it from here to rochester ny on last sunday and it did fine there and back 378mi going and 378mi back
xxx-xxx-4587 thomas call any time
it runs and drives better than my 2004 chevy truck i just drove to rochester ny on last sunday and came back tuesday it did great the 350 motor is from a 1996 chevy blazer the trans is a rebult 700r4 from the 90S that has been modified to work in this truck the trans has a 60day warrnty from nov 3/10 you can drive this truck any where!!!!!!!!!
THERES ONLY 1 RUST SPOT ON THE ENTIRE TRUCK AND ITS ABOUT AS BIG AS A DIME THE CAB IS RUST FREE THE CAB MOUNTS ARE GOOD
THE LEFT FENDER IS GOOD THE RIGHT FENDER IS NEW!! I WAS GETTING IT READY FOR PAINT BUT I MAY BE MOVING SOON
SO IM SELLING A FEW THINGS AND I COULD REALLY USE THE MONEY (LOTS AN LOTS OF TICKETS!!!!!!!!!)
the truck has dule exsuhast and 2 of the tires are new all 4 tires mach the inside is nice and the seat is in good condtion there is no rust
on the rockers or in the floors at the price im asking im giving it away 900$
i also have some nice chrome 1996 chevy blazer wheels that i will thro in with the truck for extra

xxx-xxx-4587 call me if you are intrested thomas

it has a new:

timing chane (oct/7/10)

chrome timming cover (oct/7/10)

battery (oct/4/10)

rebult transmission (that was instaled on nov/3/10)

wheel alingment (oct/5/10)

tierods inner & outer(oct/5/10)

universal jonts (nov/3/10)

used radio with cdplayer (oct12/10)

belts (oct 7/10)

fender

plug wires (oct8/10)

right brake calaper (oct8/10)

also has new brake lines and hoses

used bedliner

needs :

a brake preportiong valve

and a paint job ( i was getting it ready for paint)

xxx-xxx-4587 thomas

im not going to put picts on here come out and see it for your self

Phone number redacted, but otherwise definitely not edited for grammar, spelling, or punctuation. I don't know what's a funnier voice to read this in: the "squeal like a pig" hick from Deliverance, or Fragmaster's.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

quote:

i have a 1996 Mazda miata that im asking 4,000 for i got this a graduation present and dont want it i want a honda

Kids these days, someone worked long and hard to get him a nice miata as a graduation present from the East Point High School Of Not Using Punctuation And Capitalization, and he wants 'a honda' instead.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

Rhyno posted:

Oh dear me. Teenaged Rhyno is jumping up and down in the back of my brain telling me to sell a kidney and half of my liver.

Can you even get 345/35/15 tires? Back then they were probably Z rated so that's not a big deal but that size is crazy. If they're available i want one just to use for garage decoration.

Edit - Holy crap

It costs around $600 and is still made in limited batches by Pirelli.

Toucan Sam fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 16, 2010

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Toucan Sam posted:

Can you even get 345/35/15 tires? Back then they were probably Z rated so that's not a big deal but that size is crazy. If they're available i want one just to use for garage decoration.

Edit - Holy crap

It costs around $600 and is still made in limited batches by Pirelli.

I uh....may or may not have had a little experience with a set....

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
I am turned on by those tires the same way I am turned on by a nice pair of legs on a woman.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Treadwear 140? R-compounds are just shy of that

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

VideoTapir posted:

It isn't just "OMG US market bumpers," those are spectacularly bad even compared to their peers.

It seems exotics got it the worst. The Maserati Khamsin got poo poo on pretty badly as well. :(

I mean, holy poo poo. :aaaaa:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Black88GTA posted:

It seems exotics got it the worst. The Maserati Khamsin got poo poo on pretty badly as well. :(

I mean, holy poo poo. :aaaaa:

The front almost looks like it belongs there. If it followed the lines of the rest of the car a little more...say if it tapered a bit as it went forward, it might actually look GOOD.

That rear bumper is inexcusable.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

another loser posted:

I'm actually surprised at the number of informative photos in that sale. I'm also not surprised by the gawdy ad photos. I'd like to know the story behind that car and what it actually went for. Looks like the min the feds wanted was $70K though... although I'm confused as it says closed to bidding but doesn't sell until December? :confused:

slidebite fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 16, 2010

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Those safety bumpers can be removed, right? It's not like they're going to fail your inspection for not having them.

slidebite posted:

although I'm confused as it says closed to bidding but doesn't sell until December? :confused:

I thought it was closed as in the bids weren't posted publicly. You have to log in to bid.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

14 INCH DICK TURBO posted:

I uh....may or may not have had a little experience with a set....

I want one, even use. I'd eventually find a wheel to fit it but just the tire would be good enough for now.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
real gold maybe?

http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/2055291778.html

it's certainly tempting.

quote:

1990 BMW 535i. Two owner. Runs excellent with lots of power. All leather interior with power seats, Kenwood sound system w/ 6 CD changer. Automatic transmission with manual shift option. Well maintained vehicle would make an excellent school car. Asking $2,600.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

rscott posted:

real gold maybe?

it's certainly tempting.

I don't know any specifics about 535's, or BMW's, but 228K miles is not a small number....

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Timmy Cruise posted:

I don't know any specifics about 535's, or BMW's, but 228K miles is not a small number....

M30B35 is pretty much a bulletproof engine. As long as the chassis is rust free you could drive that thing for a long time after replacing the usual worn rubber poo poo.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

rscott posted:

real gold maybe?

it's certainly tempting.

5 series come up all the time in that price range.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Crustashio posted:

M30B35 is pretty much a bulletproof engine. As long as the chassis is rust free you could drive that thing for a long time after replacing the usual worn rubber poo poo.

I can't say I'd feel all that confident driving a car with a 21 year old automatic transmission, though.

When I was looking for a car last year I came across an ad for a similar car (might have been a 530 though) with 235,000 kilometers on the counter. It was a 94 and selling for about the same money. If it had been a manual I would have been hard-pressed to not go for it, but it was an auto.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The Countach is still for sale. I'm wondering what it really goes for when it goes to the auction house as no one uses in the general public uses the Crown auction site.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

sbaldrick posted:

The Countach is still for sale. I'm wondering what it really goes for when it goes to the auction house as no one uses in the general public uses the Crown auction site.

I forgot that the interior of a countach looks more like a kit car than some kit cars

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

slidebite posted:

I forgot that the interior of a countach looks more like a kit car than some kit cars

why the gently caress does it need an interior?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

slidebite posted:

It looks rough with all that flash.

Also, I prefer the saddle interior color on Countach's and Testarossa's with red paint. Not that I'd turn this one down, but I think they look much better.

edit

Here's a Maserati Biturbo for cheap if anyone wants to tear the engine apart.

Click here for the full 1254x1571 image.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 18, 2010

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

Also, I prefer the saddle interior color on Countach's and Testarossa's with red paint. Not that I'd turn this one down, but I think they look much better.

edit

If I had the space and was closer, I'd be emailing about this right now. Serious.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Sir Tonk posted:

edit

You mean tear the engine apart every 2 years right?

I'll pass on one of the 50 worst cars of all time thanks.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1658545_1658533_1658531,00.html

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Was it uniformly terrible, or is it something that swapping the powertrain would fix?

The second generation of that car looked HOT.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

why the gently caress does it need an interior?

Apparently Lamborghini agreed with you.

It does however have the :krad: 80s factory Alpine stereo.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

slidebite posted:

Apparently Lamborghini agreed with you.

It does however have the :krad: 80s factory Alpine stereo.

I had an opportunity to poke around in one a few months back. To say the interior is laughable would be a compliment. For example A/V vents are not even straight and it appears to be put together with wood screws.

Oh, ya, I still want one.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

VideoTapir posted:

Was it uniformly terrible, or is it something that swapping the powertrain would fix?

The second generation of that car looked HOT.

I've been for a ride in a tweaked Ghibli II Open Cup with 375hp/375nm. It's an utterly awesome machine.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
I didn't even think to screencap the listing at the time, but this weekend I bought a '74 BMW 2002 for $1500. I somehow miraculously got bumped up to the #1 spot when his first looker no-showed. We did all the paperwork in his living room and his inbox was FILLED with responses to the listing. He could have listed it for twice the price and still sold it the same day.

My Flickr Page! :nws:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
well take pictures of the car DAMMIT

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.

kimbo305 posted:

well take pictures of the car DAMMIT

It was in the BMW thread. :ohdear:

Before and after those awful bumpers.
Crappy snapshots though. I'll go out and document it properly this weekend after it's had a wash and wax.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
Oddly enough, my elderly neighbors think the best feature of my 1980 Benz is the hideous USDM chrome crash bumpers.

They were pissed about their scratched & dented plastic bumpers and reminiscing about the good ol' days when you could run just over everything while smoking unfiltered lucky strikes. :allears:

Awesome green color on that bimmer too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

slidebite posted:

I just now noticed that bar in the passenger foot well...is that so that a passenger can use their feet to help brace themselves?