Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Gr31lly posted:

It's uh, fairly obvious?

There's a number of people who know who the entire band are, and Repugnant involvement was rumoured from the EP onwards. If you check Tobias's (Mary Goore) rock/pop band Subvision out you'll notice the vocals are exactly the same (and interestingly, his pop band is basically the 2001 Repugnant lineup + a drummer).

And yes, Repugnant are active again, I saw them during the summer and they're good live. Repugnant and Ghost have appeared on the same billing in Sweden incidentally.

WOW!!!:aaaaa:!!1!!ONE!! You're right!

Consider my fragile Amerikkkan mind blown. Thanks for this info. This is like just figuring out that Maynard is the same singer for both Tool and A Perfect Circle (as if it was actually a mystery). I suppose I'm slow. Ghost and Repugnant are two of my current favorite bands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judas Chongo
Sep 12, 2007

m-o-o-n posted:

Hey check out Seven Chalices by Teitanblood if you haven't heard it yet. It's a nice album filled with happy little moments.

This owns, thanks for the rec!

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm
Holy poo poo Immortal tour with absu. Only 6 shows, already bought my ticket o the chicago show! 42 bucks after fees.

brewmeister
Sep 23, 2008
I chose the username "brewmeister". That tells you all you need to know about me.

Wyzt posted:

Holy poo poo Immortal tour with absu. Only 6 shows, already bought my ticket o the chicago show! 42 bucks after fees.

Just bought my ticket for San Antonio. poo poo is going to loving kick rear end. I flew from Houston to New York to see them back in 2007. Was an amazing show. February 26 please hurry up and get here as soon as possible.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Judas Chongo posted:

This owns, thanks for the rec!

Here's some further stuff for you to chase down if you think dirty, bestial death/black might be for you:

Ouroboros - Spear of Destiny
Blasphemy - Fallen Angel of Doom & Gods of War
Antediluvian (the canadian one)
Goatlord - Reflections of the Solstice
Goat Semen
Archgoat - The Light Devouring Darkness, Whore of Bethlehem
Goatvomit (the greek band)
Morbosidad
Sextrash - XXX, Funeral Carnage
Abhorer (absolutely everything you can get your hands on)
Blasphemophagher
Anal Vomit
Beherit - The Oath of Black Blood
Goatpenis
Anal Blasphemy
Manticore - Ritual Cleansing of the Whore, Bowels of the Holy Anoint us in Evil, For Rats and Plague
Bestial Raids (the polish band)
Evil Angel - Unholy Fight for Metal
Blasphemous Evil
Anxious Death (just the one demo here)
Goatsodomy
Conqueror (canadian)
Revenge (canadian)
Axis of Advance
Sacramentary Abolishment - River of Corticone, The distracting stone
Rites of thy Degringolade - Totality, An Ode to Sin
Mystifier - Wicca, Goetia (everything Mystifier is good actually)
Nocturnal Blood - demo and first EP in particular, but most is decent to good.

The above bands are all either in a similar style to Diocletian & Witchrist, share the same influences, or ARE their influences (Blasphemy, Beherit).

You have to listen to Order From Chaos (especially Stillbirth machine), and Bestial Warlust - Vengeance War Til Death.

I'd also recommend checking out Grave Miasma/Goat Molestor material, Kerasphorus, as well as early Angelcorpse - and probably check out Weapon too, their demo and EPs are rougher than their full lengths and slightly better as well.

The Clit Avoider fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Nov 18, 2010

brewmeister
Sep 23, 2008
I chose the username "brewmeister". That tells you all you need to know about me.
Today I decided to blast some Taake for the first time in a while. Forgot how much the albums Hordalands Doedskvad and Over Bjoergvin Graater Himmelrik kick rear end. Definitely check out these albums if you have never listened to Taake. Both are amazing black metal albums.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)

Gr31lly posted:

Here's some further stuff for you to chase down if you think dirty, bestial death/black might be for you:

Everything this guy said and Black Witchery. And if you really liked Bestial Warlust check out their brother acts Sadistik Exekution, Cemetery Urn, Denouncement Pyre and Abominator. Most of them sound similar some are more technical (Abominator) and some are even more insane(Sadistik Exekution).

Anyways, INQUISITION has just released their new album: Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm (lol)

Inquisition plays fast and pounding black metal in their own cold style.
Riffs are razor sharp and catchy and the vocals can be compared to a frog croaking. If you've heard Inquisition before and didn't like them this album probably won't change your opinion. However, if you do like them, I believe this is their best release since the debut!

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Rinsed Boihole posted:

Everything this guy said and Black Witchery.

I ran into a guy wearing a Black Witchery shirt at a local show here in Florida, I was surprised to hear that they're from Winter Springs.

deltawing
Sep 20, 2007

feels good man

Wyzt posted:

I so wish I wasn't going to be balls deep into the Police Academy otherwise I'd be going to this same show :/

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

Rinsed Boihole posted:

Anyways, INQUISITION has just released their new album: Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm (lol)

Holy poo poo I completely forgot this was comin out, and you say its really good? Great news!

Anathema Mameshiba
Oct 11, 2010

by T. Finn

Rinsed Boihole posted:

That's loving cool art.

Judas check out Black Altar maybe and also Hell Militia

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009
I saw Watain and Goatwhore last night in Tempe, AZ and it was loving sick man. Anyone who can make it out and see Watain play Satan's Hunger should. Goatwhore was great to.

Bubble Bathory
Apr 22, 2008

HELLO, YES, THIS IS BUBBLE BATHORY. LOOKS LIKE WE'VE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE WHO CAN'T STOP POSTING ABOUT HOW MUCH HE LOVES MEMES.

THAT'S THE JOKE.

Funeral Mist posted:

I saw Watain and Goatwhore last night in Tempe, AZ and it was loving sick man. Anyone who can make it out and see Watain play Satan's Hunger should. Goatwhore was great to.

What the hell? I had no idea this was happening.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Question. Does Watain really throw rancid pigs blood on the crowd? I want to see them, but I've heard stories.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

drainpipe posted:

Question. Does Watain really throw rancid pigs blood on the crowd? I want to see them, but I've heard stories.

Yes.

And they kick people - but only if you're in the front row.

When I went to the Seattle show, I left before Watain hit because I wasn't feeling well, but others complained that it didn't smell as badly as last time. (I enjoyed Goatwhore, however, and was glad to finally get to see them.)

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Bubble Bathory posted:

What the hell? I had no idea this was happening.

Likewise. Not a great time for me to drive up to Tempe anyway I guess, but I would have been pretty tempted for this.

edit for something slightly closer to content: Thanks for the Teitanblood recommendation on the last page; I'd never heard the name before but this is pretty cool stuff.

Anathema Mameshiba
Oct 11, 2010

by T. Finn

drainpipe posted:

Question. Does Watain really throw rancid pigs blood on the crowd?

Yeah and if you're in a small venue expect to smell faintly of it afterwards even if you don't get any on you

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
I didn't recommend Black Witchery because I think they're pretty overrated and they've been poo poo every time I've seen them.

The new Begrime Exemious album is pretty cool, really dirty black/death with solos :cool:

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Good news. Peaceville bought the rights from Moonfog and are re-releasing Darkthrones greatest album, Panzerfaust.

Its a 2 disc edition - the original album, and the album with Fenriz commentary over the top. Here is a track.

http://soundcloud.com/peaceville/darkthrone-en-vind-av-sorg-taken-from-panzerfaust-2-disc-reissue

Pretty happy I bothered to read the Peaceville email now.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

AgentJotun posted:

Good news. Peaceville bought the rights from Moonfog and are re-releasing Darkthrones greatest album, Panzerfaust.

Its a 2 disc edition - the original album, and the album with Fenriz commentary over the top. Here is a track.

http://soundcloud.com/peaceville/darkthrone-en-vind-av-sorg-taken-from-panzerfaust-2-disc-reissue

I thought I read they were buying/releasing more than just Panzerfaust. I think I read they're holding a contest for fans to submit new artwork for the covers, too. Fenriz said nothing in color, nothing done on a computer. I love this man.

Anathema Mameshiba
Oct 11, 2010

by T. Finn
Where the gently caress can I get an irl copy of the latest Heimdalls Wacht album? Det germanske Folket appear to be having web issues and none of my usual suspects seem to have it, anyone know a place I can order it from?

Have we posted about Heimdalls Wacht yet btw, Heimdalls Wacht are loving great and if you like German BM you need to listen to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRfYZubv3iw

Judas Chongo
Sep 12, 2007

AgentJotun posted:

:hellyeah:

I just discovered Peste Noire from reading through this thread and after some warming up to them decided they rule.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT

Anathema Mameshiba posted:

Have we posted about Heimdalls Wacht yet btw, Heimdalls Wacht are loving great and if you like German BM you need to listen to them.

Their split with a couple of unknown bands from the Netherlands and Germany, Niewelkraien, was one of my favorite things from last year - try to track that down too if you manage to find a distro.

Anathema Mameshiba
Oct 11, 2010

by T. Finn
Yeah I had a go at finding that a while back and haven't been able to turn one up as of yet.

corpserot
Sep 29, 2009
A friend and I walked in an hour before the Watain show in San Diego to hang out at the bar, there was pretty much no one at the venue except crew,etc. but no one was stopping us from going in. So we get to the bar and Watain was just there having some drinks and watching Hercules in New York on the bar TV.

Show was perfect, one of my favorite bands for sure. Could have gone with Erik spit in my eye though.

TerranRaida
Feb 3, 2010

Is there any bands in the similar vein as Immortal? right now i have been listening to Sons of the Northern Darkness for the past 2 days, along with the rest of the Immortal discography...

Tyrants is my favorite song thus far..but my Black Metal palette is limited to Immortal, Mayhem, Black Shadow, and Kralizec..

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

AgentJotun posted:

Oh man this made me listen to Panzerfaust after years of not spinning it once. There are some chillingly awesome riffs in there.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Qu Appelle posted:

Yes.

And they kick people - but only if you're in the front row.

When I went to the Seattle show, I left before Watain hit because I wasn't feeling well, but others complained that it didn't smell as badly as last time. (I enjoyed Goatwhore, however, and was glad to finally get to see them.)

I'm having a hard time imagining how this works, do they really kick the people in front? Like a good hard booting to the face or what? I thought i've been to some pretty hardcore shows, but that sounds really rough, and I can't imagine that would earn them much support, aside from the "holy poo poo they kick people in the face, so kvlt" -crowd.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Nuclear Fetus posted:

I'm having a hard time imagining how this works, do they really kick the people in front? Like a good hard booting to the face or what? I thought i've been to some pretty hardcore shows, but that sounds really rough, and I can't imagine that would earn them much support, aside from the "holy poo poo they kick people in the face, so kvlt" -crowd.

Some people love Nicholas Kvarforth digging his penis out and putting it in the mouths of adoring fands up front so YMMV.

Agar Agar
Jun 14, 2007

Nuclear Fetus posted:

The show that I went to did not include any kicking and hardly any blood splattering. He just a goblet of blood and some painted foreheads, that was about it. Otherwise the show was pretty bad rear end.

There was oddly enough a bunch of hipsters there though.

Judas Chongo
Sep 12, 2007

Watain was really entertaining last night, the smell got lots of people including the staff out of the venue. I've got all this black gunk in my nose from the torches they were burning.

Goatwhore and Black Anvil were both enjoyable live, the vocalist of Goatwhore just straight up seems like a cool dude who loves metal. The local opener was embarrassingly bad though.

Though the night was a little thrown off at the near 4 dollar lone stars which was a load of garbage.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Agar Agar posted:

Why is that surprising?

Watain are a very aesthetic band, from the album covers to the stage performances. They've also graduated to what was once the holy grail for some - a pitchfork review.

They've been quite the trendy band from Casus Luciferi onwards.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Nuclear Fetus posted:

Maybe they were having a bad day, but friends and acquaintances who went to the show definitely recall kicking involved. The guitarist was the kicker. One apparently was towards a guy who wanted to climb on the stage, and then I guess that just made him want to kick more people. A friend of mine who was shooting the show got out of there because she didn't want her camera damaged.

Anathema Mameshiba
Oct 11, 2010

by T. Finn

Agar Agar posted:

That's pretty common at BM shows these days, there's almost always a few.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009
Haha. I was in the front row at the Tempe show and all I know is one of the guitarists with a bunch of nails on his boots/shins came up and put his foot on the monitor so that if I got any closer I would have had some nails in my eyes. I had a bunch of black poo poo up my nose after the show to, which I assume was from the smoke they let out. I heard someone did kicked in the face though, which is pretty loving lame if you do that poo poo. I was drunk as gently caress though even though 16oz millers were 4 dollars a piece.

The album Lawless Darkness is great as well. I've listened to it several times since the show and their are some really good moments and songs. The vocals are stellar.

There was a good number of people their, which 2 months ago there wasn't anyone at the same venue for Marduk. However Marduk had just been their a year prior.

Why their aren't more musicians willing to play black metal in the area is what's troubling to me. I've been working on the drums for a while and can't manage to find anyone in the area who's looking to put a black metal band together.

Anathema Mameshiba
Oct 11, 2010

by T. Finn
Ahaha people are complaining about $4 for a pint? You should try drinking at a London venue sometime. (hint: don't ever do that)

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Eh, you know the Irish consider London cheap, right?

Nothing compares to Helsinki though, £7.50 in the cheap places :(

Judas Chongo
Sep 12, 2007

With the exception of the last like 5 times I've seen the Melvins play, I'm not used to having to pay more then 2 dollars for lone stars at little clubs around Houston I guess, much less see a band play on a stage taller then my waist.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

Anathema Mameshiba posted:

Ahaha people are complaining about $4 for a pint? You should try drinking at a London venue sometime. (hint: don't ever do that)

If it was any more I wouldn't even drink. gently caress wasting all your money on stupid drinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Gr31lly posted:

Nothing compares to Helsinki though, £7.50 in the cheap places :(

Eh, what? You sure you didn't somehow end up in Norway?