Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birmingha
Nov 8, 2010

Muppetjedi posted:

Did anyone watch Robert llewellyn's carpool on Dave last night?

With Rob Brydon? Such a great mimic. Every episode I've seen so far is great. Such a simple concept, and as long as you have an interesting guest, the show is great.

Richard Herring said on his blog that they drive you around for 3 hours and edit it down to make you look good....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
On one of the Tech Weekly podcasts he said some were driving around the block and some were celebs using him as a taxi to get to places.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

DaWolfey posted:

The worst part is that it's Series 2

No, the worst part is when she runs around in her underwear.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Thought that Any Human Heart was pretty decent, made 105 minutes feel like a lot less. Looking forward to seeing where they take it next.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

No! That's not true! That's impossible!!

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
Isn't it terribly misinformative to show a terrible JFK conspiracy movie immediately after a documentary about his presidency.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Oh god, I think I just vomited up a kidney.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Flatscan posted:

Oh god, I think I just vomited up a kidney.

None of you guys have seen the endlessly repeated advert?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Glad Jason Manford is off our screens again (or at least out of a bit more work) no one that unfunny should ever get the money he is being paid (any money, at all)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

The Perfect Element posted:

Only watch TV online tbh.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Man. Seeng the end of Ashes to ashes makes Life On Mars all the more poignant. Gene Hunt really did get Sam to kill himself.

I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Now I am curious.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Just wanted to say again that "Getting On" is really good and you should all watch it on iplayer.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

fuf posted:

Just wanted to say again that "Getting On" is really good and you should all watch it on iplayer.

I am seconding this. It's directed by Malcolm Tucker and has the whole gritty Thick of It vibe going for it. Not quite as sweary, but really really good. Best new comedy I've seen in ages.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
A Writers Guild award last night for Getting On, if Twitter is to be believed. It's written by the three main cast, if you didn't know.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

The Perfect Element posted:

Best thing about 4oD and iPlayer is you barely see any obnoxious adverts.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

Best thing about 4oD and iPlayer is you barely see any obnoxious adverts.

And absolutely no adverts on 4oD if you install ABP.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

Oh? whats that? I really can't stand that advert with the CoI JUST CAN'T FIGHT THIS FEEEEEELING!

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

^ ^ ^
I think he's referring to the Adblock Plus extension for firefox.

BizarroAzrael posted:

You've just changed my life. This is amazing, thanks.

Captain Mediocre fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 22, 2010

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
How does adblock manage to block video ads, that's crazy. Crazy awesome.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

fuf posted:

How does adblock manage to block video ads, that's crazy. Crazy awesome.

Black magic, think it recognizes content not coming from 4oD or something. It does mean you will usually have a bit in the middle where it will need to stop and stream again where the ads should be. I have a mate who's always had ABP and had a sudden moment of realization when I explained that to him, he never realized there were meant to be ads to begin with.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

LE0N posted:

Glad Jason Manford is off our screens again (or at least out of a bit more work) no one that unfunny should ever get the money he is being paid (any money, at all)

Jason Manford's pretty amusing. At least when he does local stuff. It's nice having comedians who don't just talk constantly about London. I'm still not really sure what he did though, I don't read gossip columns and it seems like it hasn't been reported as an actual news story.

And yea I didn't realise 4OD was supposed to have adverts for the longest time. Channel 5 manages to get around adblock with their adverts but I've only ever watched on show on Channel 5 OD (Paul Merton in Europe) so I guess it doesn't matter much.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
Poor Tamwar, trapped in a dirty corner of soapland, surrounded by cartoony wheeler dealers, hysterical mothers and exaggerated queen bitches. He'd be so much happier in Hollyoaks

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Figaro posted:

Poor Tamwar, trapped in a dirty corner of soapland, surrounded by cartoony wheeler dealers, hysterical mothers and exaggerated queen bitches. He'd be so much happier in Hollyoaks

Wouldn't we all?

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

lynch_69 posted:

Best new comedy I've seen in ages.
Of course it's over a year old. 1st season was 3 episodes long and a while back. If we exclude the silly drunkenness of the third episode, the 2nd season is even better. It's just so drat accurate, I wish the third ep had stayed with just Jo Brand over the 30 minutes, first time the reality has been substituted for "comedy" and suffered for it. It's a shame that it suffers for being on BBC4 and having the typical extremely short Brit-length series and gap between series.

The show doesn't seem to be having much success at my hospital (most people are ITV watchers, I daren't tell them BBC have more than 2 channels.) and one of the nurses on the cancer ward finds it obscenely dark and not-funny-at-all, I can only think that the reflection is too dark for her.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
This week's Coppers was depressing, a far far cry from the Gene Hunt days. Luckily next week is a riot episode, so there is that!

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Captain Mediocre posted:

^ ^ ^
I think he's referring to the Adblock Plus extension for firefox.

You've just changed my life. This is amazing, thanks.
Thanks for that :)

wickles
Oct 12, 2009

"In England we have a saying for a situation such as this, which is that it's difficult difficult lemon difficult."
"All cops are dicks"
- said by a copper friend of mine.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Taear posted:

Jason Manford's pretty amusing. At least when he does local stuff. It's nice having comedians who don't just talk constantly about London. I'm still not really sure what he did though, I don't read gossip columns and it seems like it hasn't been reported as an actual news story.

I dunno man i kind of got jaded with the whole "look at meeee im northern" thing that happened in the early 2000's, Peter kay was mainly to blame with his look at me i say "t'" at the start of some words poo poo and generally being unfunny as gently caress.

Then everyone and their dog sounded like they were from bolton on tv and now its gone away for a bit. Not all comedians talk about london but most do when they are playing in london, most of their material though stems from where they were brought up. I mean i personally love irish comedians because i lived there for a while so i get some of their more subtle digs.

Manford just reminds me of a dire and shite version of peter kay. At least phoenix nights had some decent lines in it though.

edit: wow thats a ton of words, never mind. Anyone know the name of the Scottish documentary series about a really scummy council estate that was just so monumentally depressing that was on about a year ago? I saw the first episode on iplayer. it had some name called The ______ , whatever the blank was. If anyone knows id really appreciate it.

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 23, 2010

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
The Scheme, it was pretty hot stuff up here while it was on

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Figaro posted:

The Scheme, it was pretty hot stuff up here while it was on

The last episodes aired yet?

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Sorry I've no idea, I only remember it because it was a brief sensation during it's short run up here in Glasgow.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Lady Galaga posted:

This week's Coppers was depressing, a far far cry from the Gene Hunt days. Luckily next week is a riot episode, so there is that!

My favourite bit was when we the viewer solved the mystery of why someone would punch that guy in the face.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Oh come on it's mostly inoffensive comedy that actually gives a few decent laughs. There are a few good lines, a few decent physical gags in each episode and it's not actually that bad. It's also given a rather duff spot late in the evening on a monday on BBC 1. It knows its market is people that think that the BBC's comedy output has become crude and needlessly mean (it has) about a lot of things. I remember a while ago in this very thread someone saying "Why hasn't that The Thick of It but with the NHS show been given more prominence?"

Well because an actual punchline in that show was the phrase 'maybe it's a prolapsed anus?'

It's not a show that's out to pick up the viewers that are the sorts of people in this thread. The people in this thread are, by and large, very well served by peep show, the IT crowd, the thick of it, that NHS show thing that I mentioned, the inbetweeners. All of those shows share a fairly obvious common thread and it's a little disappointing to see people in here flinging poo at it because it's not to their taste.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Sion posted:

Oh come on it's mostly inoffensive comedy that actually gives a few decent laughs. There are a few good lines, a few decent physical gags in each episode and it's not actually that bad. It's also given a rather duff spot late in the evening on a monday on BBC 1. It knows its market is people that think that the BBC's comedy output has become crude and needlessly mean (it has) about a lot of things. I remember a while ago in this very thread someone saying "Why hasn't that The Thick of It but with the NHS show been given more prominence?"

Well because an actual punchline in that show was the phrase 'maybe it's a prolapsed anus?'

It's not a show that's out to pick up the viewers that are the sorts of people in this thread. The people in this thread are, by and large, very well served by peep show, the IT crowd, the thick of it, that NHS show thing that I mentioned, the inbetweeners. All of those shows share a fairly obvious common thread and it's a little disappointing to see people in here flinging poo at it because it's not to their taste.

poo poo sandwiches aren't to my taste either, that doesn't mean they aren't made of poo poo.

Tardstar
Feb 25, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Sion posted:

It's bad

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

BizarroAzrael posted:

I have a mate who's always had ABP and had a sudden moment of realization when I explained that to him, he never realized there were meant to be ads to begin with.

This is me right now holy poo poo

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
I'm going to have to agree with my esteemed colleagues Flatscan and Tardster and echo my hated of Miranda too.

It's just very bad.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!

Sion posted:

I think you're looking too much into it. It's just poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Comedy needs to be funny, ergo.