Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Today's update is quite interesting. Good to see Renard can still be an rear end, and Annie has teeth. I'd say he was basically asking for it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Mickey Eye posted:

Seriously Annie, that wasn't nice.

They're both kinda out of line, here.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Annie is not to blame. Reynardine bombed the metaphorical gently caress out of Annie's Pearl Harbor when Annie was perfectly willing to stay neutral, and now he's got Annie's entire metaphorical navy all up in his poo poo, and now he acts all surprised when his metaphorical Hiroshima is reduced to a nuclear cinder. He only has himself to blame!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wednesday's comic is going to be Renard huddled in a corner with a bucket of ice cream and a stack of Nancy Drew.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Renard did kind of have that one coming, to be fair. I like how Annie is so visibly rattled, her appearance is usually so combed-down and perfect that seeing it mussed even a little makes a big statement about Annie's state of mind.

Dianasaur Go!
Jun 10, 2004

too soon from the cave
too far from the stars

DocFrance posted:

Wednesday's comic is going to be Renard huddled in a corner with a bucket of ice cream and a stack of Nancy Drew.
I should hope he doesn't try to eat anything. He'll have to get put through the wash again.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

I'm pretty sure he can still transfer bodies (and kill people), the only thing holding to not taking Annie is that he loved Surma. poo poo's gonna hit the fan. Renard will gently caress. YOU. UP.

It will take a large amount of restraint on Renard's part to not crush Annie.

\/\/ drat it, forgot about that.

Dodgeball fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 22, 2010

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
That and the symbol on his head that means he can't take a new body without her express say-so.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
God drat that's a good comeback. I was getting a little disinterested in this chapter, but now I'm back :f5:-ing like nobody's business.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Is this the first time we've seen Annie with her hair all disheveled like that?

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

inthesto posted:

Is this the first time we've seen Annie with her hair all disheveled like that?

I remember it looking a little messed up when she was in Zimmingham after Gamma gopped the fake Kat.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
It was also messy when they were running towards the robot facility corridor.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Dodgeball posted:

I'm pretty sure he can still transfer bodies (and kill people), the only thing holding to not taking Annie is that he loved Surma. poo poo's gonna hit the fan. Renard will gently caress. YOU. UP.

It will take a large amount of restraint on Renard's part to not crush Annie.

Reynardine is definitely in more danger here. The doll he's in belongs to Annie, and for the moment essentially he belongs to Annie too. She hasnt exercised her powers over him for a while but basically if she tells him to do something he kind of has to do it. He also can't jump bodies without her at least okaying it, hell, that might take a direct order too.

If Annie wants to leave Rey a limbless sausage like that guy in the 'One' video, all it's gonna take is a sewing kit.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

God drat that's a good comeback. I was getting a little disinterested in this chapter, but now I'm back :f5:-ing like nobody's business.

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion. The question I have is whether this is going to wreck what relationship Annie and Renard had or whether the other shoe has yet to drop.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Great comic today without a doubt, but I wish he would have seeded the "Surma was leading Reynard on" thing a little earlier. I feel like it would have let tension about the scenario build a bit better.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Wow, Annie went from zero to nuclear in no time flat here.

I guess she's a little miffed that her dad stood her up again.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gunnerkrigg Court: Where Everyone Is A Dick To Absolutely Everyone ElseTM

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Annie the ticking time bomb is getting ever so closer to zero point. Poor girl is going to have a mental break down if someone doesn't console her soon. Reynard isn't exactly being Oprah right now. poo poo's going to hit the fan so hard. :ohdear:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Didn't she already vent some angst about her mum in a prevoious chapter, with Kat under a tree? I guess her daddy-issues are bigger.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Boxman posted:

Great comic today without a doubt, but I wish he would have seeded the "Surma was leading Reynard on" thing a little earlier. I feel like it would have let tension about the scenario build a bit better.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this is all too much too quick. It makes it harder to be affected by a plot development when it comes out of practically nowhere.

That said, I'll still be :f5:ing like hell.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Ironic Twist posted:

That said, I'll still be :f5:ing like hell.

Or three times a week.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I think she's unhappy that everyone apparently loves her mom and hates her dad. She's tired of being compared to her mom (and has also found out recently that her mom isn't the paragon of wonderfulness that everyone thought she was). At least from her mode of speech, it seems as if she takes after her dad too, but nobody ever says "wow, you really are his kid". No, they just talk poo poo about him. Not always undeservedly, but that's not always going to be the first thing you think of when you're a kid. (Or even as an adult.)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

idonotlikepeas posted:

I think she's unhappy that everyone apparently loves her mom and hates her dad. She's tired of being compared to her mom (and has also found out recently that her mom isn't the paragon of wonderfulness that everyone thought she was). At least from her mode of speech, it seems as if she takes after her dad too, but nobody ever says "wow, you really are his kid". No, they just talk poo poo about him. Not always undeservedly, but that's not always going to be the first thing you think of when you're a kid. (Or even as an adult.)

And we already know from Jones that talking poo poo about her dad is one of the few surefire ways to rile her up.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Ironic Twist posted:

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this is all too much too quick. It makes it harder to be affected by a plot development when it comes out of practically nowhere.

Annie's only lashing out at Renard with the new information because it's fresh and she hasn't had enough time to bury it into the analytical "find out more" part of her brain.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also, think about Annie's retort about her dad's nature. As far as she's concerned (and she may be right) her dad sacrificed a good portion of his life to try to save her mother and failed. Maligning him is in bad taste, since he was trying to do the one thing Annie wanted most of all.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I think you guys are missing the bigger picture here. Right now, Reynardine is okay with the Court, primarily because he loves Surma and has paternal feelings towards Annie because of Surma. If that love gets shattered, suddenly he's not okay with the Court. If Reynardine isn't okay with the Court but is trapped there by Annie or others, Coyote and Ysengrim will get involved.

Annie's little shitfit could have pretty serious implications for the peace between the two sides.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

1stGear posted:

Annie's little shitfit could have pretty serious implications for the peace between the two sides.

Finally!

Sarinnanashi
Dec 27, 2004

I'm sure there is a reason for this, but I don't think I want to know it.
If Reynard goes back to the forest, can we assume coyote will not be so kind to humans any longer?

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

Sarinnanashi posted:

If Reynard goes back to the forest, can we assume coyote will not be so kind to humans any longer?

Only if he thinks it's funnier to be cruel to them than to watch Renard suffer.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I guess everyone loved Surma and hated Anthony, they must have got weird stares when they got married.

Psych posted:

Finally!
That would be pretty cool.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010

Sarinnanashi posted:

Coyote will still be bound by his promise not to touch the court, but if Reynard goes back to the forest, then Coyote can give Reynard all of his power and Reynard hasn't promised anything to the court, so he can throw out some serious Coyote mojo at the court.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Really Pants posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court: Where Everyone Is A Dick To Absolutely Everyone ElseTM

Not Robox. He's still pretty chill.

Dianasaur Go!
Jun 10, 2004

too soon from the cave
too far from the stars
I think it would take a little more than a single revelation about Surma to piss off Reynard to that degree. He and Annie are pretty good friends by this point, and I don't think he would turn on her (and by extension, the Court) without a drat good reason. I do anticipate tension between the two sides to come to a head at some point -- and this may help it along -- but Tom is more subtle a writer than that...

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am kind of hoping Renard already knows. Him saying "You think I didn't know that?" would be an even bigger oh poo poo moment. Plus I think it would be a better character development moment for Annie having one of her little freak-outs totally killed mid-stride. But I guess we'll find out Wednesday.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
I doubt he knows just from the phrasing referring to Anthony. Renard says something like "what tricks he must have played to get Surma away from me," which implies that he definitely thought Surma was into him.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Phy posted:

Not Robox. He's still pretty chill.

You know why he has those legs? For kicking puppies. That's all he does.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't know if it'll actually change things much. Annie told Renard about his body still living in the forest, and Tom didn't even think it was important enough to show onscreen. They'll probably have an argument of some sort though.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Calico Noose posted:

Coyote will still be bound by his promise not to touch the court, but if Reynard goes back to the forest, then Coyote can give Reynard all of his power and Reynard hasn't promised anything to the court, so he can throw out some serious Coyote mojo at the court.

...except that Annie has total dominion over Reynardine. If he could just saunter back to the woods and plot revenge on the Court he would have done so right when he first entered the doll, before anybody in the court even knew what body he was in and before he and Annie became maybe-not-friends but not-enemies.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
Given the foreshadowing with Anja specifically telling Annie not to bring Reynardine along to Scotland, my guess for this chapter is that Annie is angry enough that a slip of the tounge gives Reynardine enough of a loophole to either smuggle himself along to Scotland or else get loose.

The Word of Tom quotes in the wiki mentions that Reynardine is freed if his owner disclaims ownership of it....

drat you gunnerkrigg, you've turned me into a speculating fanboy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarinnanashi
Dec 27, 2004

I'm sure there is a reason for this, but I don't think I want to know it.
Tell me if I am remembering this wrong, but near the beginning of the whole comic somewhere in the first chapter, didn't Antimony tell the audience it would be another two years before she saw her father again? How long has she been at the court at this point?