Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Jerusalem posted:

Also the time he refuses to leave 2 tips (one for the waiter, the other for the head waiter or "Captain") which is actually pretty reasonable but of course backfires HORRIBLY and he tries desperately to put all the blame on the waiter for pocketing the entire tip and not splitting it.

I always found that Curb had a really good split between "I 100% agree with Larry, but wouldn't care this much" and "who even gives a poo poo about that."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

I always thought it was so surreal that they actually thought this hairstyle looked WORSE than his regular

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Aw, Ann Landers SUCKS!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I love all the pigman stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG81Bvyzi6w

Something about how angry George gets about Kramer's assumption that the pigman would be able to facilitate a ride.

GEORGE: Okay. The administrator's on the third floor. I'll meet you guys by the car.

KRAMER: You got room for the pig-man?

GEORGE: The pig-man can take the bus.

KRAMER: You know, if pig-man had a car, he'd give you a ride.

GEORGE: How do you know? What if Pigman had a two-seater?

KRAMER: Come on George, be realistic.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ehud posted:

Is that Larry David clinging to Kramer's back? It usually is when an extra is needed.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Ehud posted:

I love his description to the police with Elaine beside him...

"He's about five feet...hairless...pink complexion....looks like a pig."

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Dr_Amazing posted:

I always found that Curb had a really good split between "I 100% agree with Larry, but wouldn't care this much" and "who even gives a poo poo about that."

There is an interview with Larry on one of the Seinfeld discs where he states that when writing he deliberately makes both sides of an argument on an issue of social etiquette seem right in their own way. The best example of this is the episode where George is fighting with Jerry's phoney friend over the parking space. George was in the right.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Konec Hry posted:

I always thought it was so surreal that they actually thought this hairstyle looked WORSE than his regular
It did, he looked like a 5 year old in the 50s.

The Monarch
Jul 8, 2006

The little curls on the sides are bad but if he fixed those and made the part less severe it'd look fine.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Quick, take a time machine back to the 1993 set and be sure to tell them they were making their jokes all wrong!

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
Sugar Ray Leonard can eat here on the house.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

safety dan posted:

Sugar Ray Leonard can eat here on the house.

God I love how frustrated that George is over being perceived as a racist, and talks up how he just needs to be seen with one of his black friends, at which point Jerry points out that he doesn't have any black friends.

Then he shows up at the house of that poor bastard he stalked when trying to watch Breakfast at Tiffanys....

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

God I love how frustrated that George is over being perceived as a racist, and talks up how he just needs to be seen with one of his black friends, at which point Jerry points out that he doesn't have any black friends.

Besides us, you don't really have any white friends either...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BrainMeats posted:

Besides us, you don't really have any white friends either...

So we're just a couple of white people? Wanna go to The Gap?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Not really Seinfeld related but Larry David was considered for the lead role in Bad Santa.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

bruckner posted:

I wondered recently what it would be like if there were a nickelodean cartoon called "seinfeld: the elementary school years." Little George arguing with the lunch lady about how many tator tots he got or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9dFl4ay_uc

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Hey everybody, who's ready to LAUGH!! :q:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Not really Seinfeld related but Larry David was considered for the lead role in Bad Santa.

That's bizarre, Billy Bob Thornton was superb in the role and I can't really see anyone else getting the same mixture of pathos and sleaziness, but it would have been really interesting seeing Larry in the part.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich

This is wonderful (the contest joke that is)

No. 9 fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 26, 2010

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

feedmyleg posted:

The replacement girl just looked too much like a supermodel. George was rich enough at the time, I guess, that he could date upward.

You know that was 80s Teen hottie Elizabeth Shue, right?

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

this is terrible

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

pleasantlyplump posted:

this is terrible

It was pretty bad, but the content joke at the end was funny.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Last episode (well, part one) is playing now. Am I the only one that doesn't really care for it? I remember seeing it when it first aired. George is way too much a dick in it, like uncharacteristically. Elaine makes a fat joke at George's expense earlier in the episode, yet he's completely cool with the joke about the fat carjacked guy. Then the officer says if reasonable to help when the carjacker had a gun, which seems to be a legitimate reason not to help.

I know I'm reading way too much into it, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

No. 9 posted:

Last episode (well, part one) is playing now. Am I the only one that doesn't really care for it?

Yep, everyone else loves it.

No. 9 posted:

Elaine makes a fat joke at George's expense earlier in the episode, yet he's completely cool with the joke about the fat carjacked guy.

Why would George care?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

No. 9 posted:

Then the officer says if reasonable to help when the carjacker had a gun, which seems to be a legitimate reason not to help.

Jackie Chiles makes this point in the trial until they show the video where not only did they not help, but they stood on the sidelines and callously made fun. It wasn't their inaction, but their callous indifference that got them put away.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Hank Morgan posted:

There is an interview with Larry on one of the Seinfeld discs where he states that when writing he deliberately makes both sides of an argument on an issue of social etiquette seem right in their own way. The best example of this is the episode where George is fighting with Jerry's phoney friend over the parking space. George was in the right.

Why was it his spot? He was just sittin' there in the road!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
That's what she says. I say, listen. It was an old cat. It died of natural causes. So get this, now she tells me that I gotta buy her a brand new cat. I say listen, honey. First of all, it was a pretty old cat. I'm not gonna buy you a brand new cat to replace an old dying cat. And second of all, I go out to the garbage, I find you a new cat in fifteen seconds. I say, you show me an autopsy report that says this cat died of starvation, I spring for a new cat. So she says something to me, like, uh, I dunno, get the hell out of here, and she breaks up with me.

Now don't you think that would be a great case on L.A. Law?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Hank Morgan posted:

When George decided to eat the cream cake that was in the garbage I could really see his point and despite everything it's probably something I would do aswell.

I've had literal arguments with my friends over that issue. Seinfeld is good at doing that.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ddraig posted:

When George decided to eat the cream cake that was in the garbage I could really see his point and despite everything it's probably something I would do aswell.

I've had literal arguments with my friends over that issue. Seinfeld is good at doing that.

So lemme get this straight: you find yourself in the kitchen. You see an eclair, in the receptacle. And you think to yourself, "What the hell, I'll just eat some trash."

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis
Whoa I was watching it the other day when Elaine used, "The BEST, Jerry, the BEST"

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

explosivo posted:

So lemme get this straight: you find yourself in the kitchen. You see an eclair, in the receptacle. And you think to yourself, "What the hell, I'll just eat some trash."

It's over the rim and still in its doily. It's fair game.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
I bet you love pushing old women and children over too.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.

Ddraig posted:

It's over the rim and still in its doily. It's fair game.

There was a bite taken out of it and it was in the trash. Did it occur to you that there was a reason they only took one bite?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
They're clearly idiots and I'd be benefiting from their stupidity.

Plus we're in an environmental crisis now, man. Waste is worse than murder.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
Seinfeld marathon on TBS right now! :woop:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I've got the body of a taut preteen Swedish boy!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Secks posted:

Seinfeld marathon on TBS right now! :woop:

I haven't changed the channel all day. It's literally the perfect background noise for lounging around at home.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

That's what she says. I say, listen. It was an old cat. It died of natural causes. So get this, now she tells me that I gotta buy her a brand new cat. I say listen, honey. First of all, it was a pretty old cat. I'm not gonna buy you a brand new cat to replace an old dying cat. And second of all, I go out to the garbage, I find you a new cat in fifteen seconds. I say, you show me an autopsy report that says this cat died of starvation, I spring for a new cat. So she says something to me, like, uh, I dunno, get the hell out of here, and she breaks up with me.

Now don't you think that would be a great case on L.A. Law?

This guys kills the cat, won't give her any money, won't get her a new cat, and he wants Arnie Becker representing him. Yeah, that'd make a great case on L.A. Law.

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

I can't even afford an avatar

explosivo posted:

"What the hell, I'll just eat some trash." is one of my favorite quotes ever. I can't even think of it without giggling.

I missed it on Sony Entertainment Television today at 17:30 so now that I've arrived home I'm staying awake until 3:30 in the morning, because it's when they repeat today's episode. I wouldn't do this for any other series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

PETERMAN: All right, brace yourself, Lubeck. You are about to be launched via pastry back to the wedding of one of the most dashing and romantic Nazi sympathizers of the entire British Royal family.

ELAINE: I guess I'll just--

PETERMAN: Oh, no Elaine, stay. Lubeck here is the world's foremost appraiser of vintage pastry.

Lubeck inspects the cake.

PETERMAN: All right, Lubeck. How much is she worth?

LUBECK: I'd say about 219.

PETERMAN: Ha ha ha ha ha!$219,000! Lubeck, you glorious titwillow. You just made me a profit of $190,000.

LUBECK: No, $2.19. It's an Entenmann's.

PETERMAN: Do they have a castle at Windsor?

LUBECK: No. They have a display case at the end of the aisle.