Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Beeswax posted:

Holy poo poo Robert's Web is a real thing. It's like something out of a Lee & Herring routine.

I had not yet discovered Argentina's version of Strictly so I err...enjoyed this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Well poo poo, Gerald Kelly just passed away out of nowhere :(.

loving cold is making me confuse Scottish actors.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 28, 2010

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Which comedian was it that was nearly recruited as a spy while at university? I can remember it from an interview or something.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Chubby Brown.

He couldn't pull off the sexy banter properly, though.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

thehustler posted:

Which comedian was it that was nearly recruited as a spy while at university? I can remember it from an interview or something.

Hugh Dennis I think

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

SeanBeansShako posted:

Well poo poo, Gene Kelly just passed away out of nowhere :(.
that's not Gene Kelly :colbert:

man I love Gene Kelly, he was my childhood hero for some reason

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

hookerbot 5000 posted:

Hugh Dennis I think

That's it! He said it on Mock the Week

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

thehustler posted:

That's it! He said it on Mock the Week

I think it was on Would I Lie To You.

I can't remember if it was true or not.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

BizarroAzrael posted:

I think it was on Would I Lie To You.

I can't remember if it was true or not.

He did tell that story on Mock The Week as well.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

I don't like Walk on the Wild Side, but I do appreciate being able to scroll through iPlayer and see phrases such as "Richard E Grant is an angry camel".

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
e: Oh poo poo, this was meant for the X Factor thread, how did I end up here?

So, uh... What'd everyone think of an evening with Michael Buble? I love that guy, and he came off as genuinely funny, even if all the audience questions were scripted.

Noonsaliwah fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 28, 2010

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Noonsaliwah posted:

e: Oh poo poo, this was meant for the X Factor thread, how did I end up here?

Get out, before you shame yourself further.

Noonsaliwah posted:

So, uh... What'd everyone think of an evening with Michael Buble? I love that guy, and he came off as genuinely funny, even if all the audience questions were scripted.

Too late..

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
Michael Buble does seem like a genuinely cool guy in all his interviews, let's be fair. It's also possible to admire a singer as a person without necessarily enjoying his music (see also: James Blunt, Josh Groban).

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
I actually laughed a couple times at Robert's web, I'll definately watch it again on 4OD. Lazy concept, but so is You've been framed! and that rules too.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
I'd forgotten about him for almost 7 years but for some reason this weekend my mind decided to remember the one and only Jeff Bitch. From a google search it appears he has mainly been forgotten. True he was on a show for 10 seconds in 2001 but he lives on in many hearts forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u58JKXfQD70

1:09 seconds for his introduction
1:36 for his lovely song that has once again embedded itself in my head

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I don't normally enjoy I'm A Celebrity but this year seems really good. Dom Joly is absolutely hilarious, Stacey Solomon is really pleasant and bizzare and just generally I actually care about what's going on in it this year.
I hope Dom wins.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Awww, Dom has to go on that thing? yeah, some of the stuff Trigger Happy TV was a bit annoying but he had stuff that made me smile and laugh too.

I hope he wins and gets enough together to do some comedy again.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

Awww, Dom has to go on that thing? yeah, some of the stuff Trigger Happy TV was a bit annoying but he had stuff that made me smile and laugh too.

I get the feeling he's on it for a bit of fun. Sort of like that fat woman from This Morning - she doesn't really need to be on the show, as she currently has work and is pretty much at the apex of her career (after all, she's from big brother).

Him teaching everyone to count in "korean" and getting hit in the eye with a rock while he was asleep have been two pieces of comedy gold.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Haven't seen it posted but Adam and Joe are back on Christmas Day.

Hell yeah!

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

Haven't seen it posted but Adam and Joe are back on Christmas Day.

Hell yeah!

:siren: Quoting for posterity and importance :siren:

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Giedroyc posted:

I'd forgotten about him for almost 7 years but for some reason this weekend my mind decided to remember the one and only Jeff Bitch. From a google search it appears he has mainly been forgotten. True he was on a show for 10 seconds in 2001 but he lives on in many hearts forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u58JKXfQD70

1:09 seconds for his introduction
1:36 for his lovely song that has once again embedded itself in my head

I've always preferred Darius myself.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Taear posted:

I don't normally enjoy I'm A Celebrity but this year seems really good. Dom Joly is absolutely hilarious, Stacey Solomon is really pleasant and bizzare and just generally I actually care about what's going on in it this year.
I hope Dom wins.

Yeah, we've been watching it every night in my house, it's been awesome. The public seem to be voting off the right people as well - Shaun, Dom, Gillian and Stacy should all stay as long as possible.

Kind of in love with Stacy, actually. She's just so weird and silly, it'd be nice to have her around!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

If Dom Jolly somehow breaks out some old comedy antics with a suit made entirely from dead leaves and deader bugs I will totally watch it.

lazyjane
Aug 24, 2003

Lemurs, Man, Lemurs
Coppers tonight is in my hometown of Bolton. It's about the EDL/UAf protests that happened earlier this year. Not sure I'm going to be on the Police side too much with this one as Alan Clough who is a friend of my parents-in-law (they were there too) was beaten up and arrested by the Police. He spent around a week or so in custody and was due in court a month a so ago when the CPS dropped the charges because Granada TV had footage that proved that the police officers had lied about what had happened and it's currently under investigation (although the police officers involved haven't been suspended).

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/news/8635922.TV_programme_follows_police_at_town_centre_rally/
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...olton_edl_rally

Yeah so that should be interesting!

Also have been watching I'm a Celeb and I LOVE Dom and Stacey and I bought the Brett Domino 'Oh Gillian McKeith' song that made it to 29 in The UK Top 40 on Sunday :)

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

If you have a problem.....

lazyjane posted:

Coppers tonight is in my hometown of Bolton.

Also tuning in because I'm from Bolton and I'm interested to see the police's side of it.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
They just seem to default to 'This is how it will be because' and there's no real need for it.

birmingha
Nov 8, 2010

Beeswax posted:

You know what is and was great? Attention scum. That's what.

Wonder if it'll ever make it to DVD.

Have you seen the pilot for 'Cluub Zarathrustra'? Someone recently whacked it up on youtube. I think it effectively became 'Attention Scum' but hey, you just don't see enough experimental Dadaist TV...

lazyjane
Aug 24, 2003

Lemurs, Man, Lemurs

keveh posted:

Also tuning in because I'm from Bolton and I'm interested to see the police's side of it.

Hello, fellow Boltonian! Where in Bolton are you from? Just watched it and didn't realise Alan Clough was actually going to be on the programme.

Have to say I wasn't that impressed with the police. Apparently there was a lot of confusion on the UAF side because they hadn't been told beforehand where they were supposed to go and the police's actions didn't really help things. From what I've been told the police had pictures of people who are known protestors and Alan Clough was on that list so he was one of the people singled out.

Also the EDL wanted to march to the town centre through large Asian communities. A few of them started at the Stags Head pub which is in Deane (very near where my Gran lives) and to get to town they would have to walk along a very big Asian area. The only reason they had less arrests is because they weren't in the town centre for as long as the UAF were.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have a relatively obscure question about The Bill. I used to watch it many years ago and I seem to remember Rod Skase being involved with a baddie who I remember being played by Mark Kermode. The character was a rich man and I think Skase may have been boning his wife. I can't see any evidence of this on IMDb, Wikipedia or on The Bill's wiki site thebill.wikia.com. Am I going mad? Was it a guy who looked like Mark Kermode? I don't remember any more details, unfortunately.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

The Perfect Element posted:

Yeah, we've been watching it every night in my house, it's been awesome. The public seem to be voting off the right people as well - Shaun, Dom, Gillian and Stacy should all stay as long as possible.

I'd actually rather Gillian go, I just find her annoying. It's not like Big Brother where you need annoying characters to keep it interesting - Dom, Stacey and Shaun can keep it interesting fine themselves.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure Kermode has never done acting.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders
"IT'S A CRIME TO COVER YOUR FACE IS IT?"
'We have the power in this situation to make people remove facial coverings - including burkhas'
"IT'S ONE RULE FOR US AND ANOTHER FOR THEM!"

I don't think you can ever rehabilitate the crazy out of these EDL guys.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Wow, lots of folks from Bolton, I didn't know there was so many of us on here. When is that episode of Cops airing?

Daedo
May 5, 2002

PriorMarcus posted:

Wow, lots of folks from Bolton, I didn't know there was so many of us on here. When is that episode of Cops airing?

It was on last night, so should be up on 4OD now.

blambert
Jul 2, 2007
you spin me right round baby right round.
The Newsnight special interview with Christopher Hitchens is possibly the best interview I have ever seen.

Watch: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00wkrbk/Newsnight_Paxman_Meets_Hitchens_A_Newsnight_Special/

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Now I'm Swedish so I don't know all that much about Question Time but is there a rule that they, at least in every other show, must include someone who really is a Terrible Human Being? How is it acceptable for any mainstream outlet, let alone a flagship discussion program, to have people like Melanie Phillips or John Gaunt or Kelvin MacKenzie on? I aaafhashahgsdfdadddddddddddddddd :bang:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Pretty much. The utterly terrible person makes the politicians who can't/won't answer a simple question seem almost reasonable.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I genuinely don't think there is a British pundit I hate more than Kelvin MacKenzie. He is the worst human being.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

Beeswax posted:

I genuinely don't think there is a British pundit I hate more than Kelvin MacKenzie. He is the worst human being.

Richard Littlejohn :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Beeswax posted:

Have you read the title of this thread?