Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
I just started Deus Ex, bough it during the steam sale. I completed the first mission, and kinda like the game. I never have enough lockpicks and multitools though, is there any way to buy them?

Also, how do you even break open locks? There's a strenght meter, but I can't beat anything open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Skilleddk posted:

I just started Deus Ex, bough it during the steam sale. I completed the first mission, and kinda like the game. I never have enough lockpicks and multitools though, is there any way to buy them?

Also, how do you even break open locks? There's a strenght meter, but I can't beat anything open.

There are a handful you can buy it's limited one-time-only. There's no infinite supply anywhere but don't worry about it too much because I can't think of a single thing in the game that's entirely missable. If you can't bypass a laser field there's probably a door somewhere. If you can't unlock the door then there's probably a computer that will do it automatically. If you can't hack the computer in time then there's always a convenient man-sized ventilation shaft you can crawl through.

Doors can only be destroyed with explosives. I think you can eventually destroy them with an upgraded strength aug and melee weapons but I've never tried it so someone feel free to correct me.

Captain Failcon
Jul 19, 2008

dill with it
I could use some good tips and whatnot for making a good economy in Tropico 3

Also for the dude who's playing Deus Ex, just use this handy cheat

Step 1. Multitool/Lockpick a door, keypad etc etc.
Step 2. Quickly press escape or tab and wait a few seconds, depending on the strength of the keypad
Step 3. Voila, you've now saved about 4 or 5 multitools or lockpicks, congrats.

Don't worry about feeling like a cheating rear end in a top hat, one of the most annoying aspects of Deus Ex was the scarcity of important items.

e: To the poster below me, I can confirm he does hand out multitools and lockpicks

Captain Failcon fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Nov 28, 2010

Arctic
Dec 4, 2005

Skilleddk posted:

If memory serves me, if you take to the first few missions in New York non-violently you get a higher yield from the Requisitions Officer in the UNATCO building. I'm not sure if he specifically gives multitools or lockpicks though. However I do know that early game it's in your best interest reward wise to try things without blowing people's heads off.

Nick Buntline posted:

Christ I hated that planet.

Ha, excellent thank you. You guessed right that it was the Mimics that made my party members chug potions like colas.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Captain Failcon posted:

I could use some good tips and whatnot for making a good economy in Tropico 3

Here's my general strategy:

1. Build a couple of tenements, no housing makes people upset and you should generally try and make sure you always have enough places for people to live.
2. Use the map to find nearby mining resources, usually you'll have some iron ore nearby. If you can, build two mines. These will be your main money makers for the first couple years. Even one mine will give you a nice lump of cash to play with.
3. After the mines are up and running, try and find a place to make a couple of farms for a cash crop (sugar, coffee and tobacco are the best)
4. Once these are in place, start looking into placing one or two garages to allow your workers to quickly get to the mines/farms
5. Get a clinic and a church, maybe some cheap entertainment like restaurant or bar.
6. Factories are the next step, you should be able to find one which matches your cash crop (i.e. Cigar Factory for Tobacco, Rum for Sugar, Cannery for Coffee). But you need high school workers to man them, you can either try and import them directly, build an immigration office and set it to attract skilled workers, or build a high school. I'd do a mix of the first two, since its faster, but it's up to you really. You'll want a high school and college eventually, but they're expensive so I tend to get them late.

And that's about it really. For more general tips:

- You'll want to occasionally go and look at the factions tab, and check to see if any of the factions are upset at you so you can fix it (The militarists may be upset about the lack of armory, for example). This is much easier to do than looking at individual unhappy people to see why they're upset.
- Don't be afraid to go into the red for the first few years, as long as you're spending money on things that improve your economy, you'll be able to pay it all back later.
- Use your dictator, send him to mine/factories/farms to make them work harder, or to building sites to make them build faster. If there's a protest, you can get your dictator to go and calm the protester down (he's the guy holding a little sign) but don't bother if he's far away, since the protest will probably have ended by the time the guy gets there. Don't have him give a speech from the palace! Since everyone will stop and listen to him and the whole island will stop working for ten minutes.
- As your town hits mid size, you'll need another builder's office and teamster's office, otherwise your economy will grind to a halt.
- Keep raising the wages of your workers as you go, since this generally makes people happier. Try and make sure the wages for vital things (e.g. builders and teamsters) are slightly higher than for less vital things.
- There's an edict which makes everyone learn skills faster (Literacy Program?) try and switch it on early.
- Don't panic if you have a lot of rebels, protests early on, its kind of unavoidable. As long as you have a minor army presence, it's never that big a deal (unless you completely screw up).
- If you grow your industry too fast, you might run out of workers. You can see this is happening by using the tab to show how many unemployed people there are. You can use the immigration office to attract lots of people fast, but don't leave it switched on too long otherwise you'll flood the city with more people that you can handle.
- Don't forget you need farms to feed people. A farm takes a year to start producing, so by the time people start starving it may be too late to fix it. If you're worried, you can build farms that produce an edible cash crop (papaya or pineapple). In an emergency, you can make fishing huts, since they start to produce faster.

You can also try going for a tourism strategy, where you generally want to avoid most types of industry, because they make the place look ugly. One of the early campaign missions has you setting up a tourist industry and makes for a pretty good tutorial on how to do it.

Gerblyn fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Nov 28, 2010

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Skilleddk posted:

You can definitely cheese your way through multitool and lockpick requirements and keep them untrained forever, but one of the big ideas behind the game's design is resource management. There's a certain degree of tension introduced in making choices regarding things like that. Do you spend those points to make your picks/tools more efficient to bypass more doors and get more loot or would the resources be better spent on that last level of rifle training? Do you slot the useful aug now or suffer with an empty slot so you can double up on better augs later? What exactly do you plan to use those LAMs and GEP rounds on? Bots? Doors? Hilarity?

Play the game however you want. That's why it's awesome. The most common advice for Deus Ex in this thread is to take the GEP gun at the beginning, don't spend points on swimming, and set pistols to untrained during character creation for free points due to a bug. A high level rifle skill will also allow you to take out cameras with the sniper rifle. If you didn't do any of those, don't sweat it. Just have fun.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sentient Toaster posted:

Play the game however you want. That's why it's awesome.

This. No, really. Without sperging too much its one of the few games I replay every x number of years and besides the quality of the game and the nostalgia its just how open-ended it is. First time I played, way way back, I pretty much ignored combat skills and sneaked myself about. Second time through I wanted to quicken things up so I blew the poo poo out of everything that moved. And it works either way.

3rd time through I decided to be quite methodical and explore the place as thoroughly as my patience allowed. There still nooks, crannies, items, loot and drops scattered about that I didn't see the first 2 times and that applied to the subsequent 2 or 3 times I've played through.

Its partially an aspect of how the engine the games based on (Dark Engine?) works. Unlike, say, the Source engine, picking up items is generally a case of looking at them and clicking rather than running on top of them. Makes it quite possible to stuff secrets all over the maps. SAme thing applied in System Shock 2 and of course the Thief games.

But then again I'm gay for all the Dark Engine games so beware the stench of fanboyism emanating from my words.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

^^ Unreal engine, actually - that's not something inherent to the engine, but a gameplay choice. A lot of the DX1 devs (including the lead designer, Warren Spector) were also involved in the System Shock and Thief games.

Also, seconding the "just play it however you want" people. Pick skills and augs that look fun, or that complement your playing style. For example, first time through I found myself naturally gravitating towards stealth, so I went for lockpicking, electronics, pistols, rifles, melee, invisibility, radar transparency, silent running, spy drone, and infravision. Next time through I took the ultraviolent approach and went for rifles, SMGs, explosives, fast running, aggressive defence...you get the idea.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
So, I haven't played any kind of PC FPS online since UT2004 about 3 years ago. I just bought Call of Duty: Black Ops. What the gently caress should I know before I start on Steam multiplayer? I've gone through most of the single player campaign, so I know the basics of whats going on.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

ToxicFrog posted:

^^ Unreal engine, actually - that's not something inherent to the engine, but a gameplay choice. A lot of the DX1 devs (including the lead designer, Warren Spector) were also involved in the System Shock and Thief games.

Also, seconding the "just play it however you want" people. Pick skills and augs that look fun, or that complement your playing style. For example, first time through I found myself naturally gravitating towards stealth, so I went for lockpicking, electronics, pistols, rifles, melee, invisibility, radar transparency, silent running, spy drone, and infravision. Next time through I took the ultraviolent approach and went for rifles, SMGs, explosives, fast running, aggressive defence...you get the idea.

I tried to play the game a few years back, but could never really get into it. Maybe I should try it again, anything I should know about the Steam version working with XP? Any mods I should get to make the game look pretty or more enjoyable for a first run?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

MrJacobs posted:

So, I haven't played any kind of PC FPS online since UT2004 about 3 years ago. I just bought Call of Duty: Black Ops. What the gently caress should I know before I start on Steam multiplayer? I've gone through most of the single player campaign, so I know the basics of whats going on.

Get ready for a lot of performance hitches and stuttering. also, be sure to go into the mp_config and set Multithreadding and MultiGPU to the right settings for your machine so you don't crash.

As for actual gameplay, You should probably skip the Enfield that's unlocked first thing and wait to purchase the Famas that's unlocked later. Also the AK74U is pretty much the the goto gun for everything.

Also most of your Pro Perk challenges will completed the easiest on Nuketown.

OneDeadman fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 28, 2010

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any tips on Mount & Blade: Warband. I played the tutorial, but there still some elements that need better explaining.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Rirse posted:

Any tips on Mount & Blade: Warband. I played the tutorial, but there still some elements that need better explaining.
Cut and pasting a previous post:
You could do some multiplayer before you engage in the singleplayer - you'll have battle skills that will allow you to paste the AI.

Note that a lot of skills are "party" based. Pick up some people you're always going to keep in your party and make them skill monkeys. Save your character for fighting and leader-only skills.

Get a lot of food or get your leadership really high if you want to have a lot of troops / a lot of hero followers without major morale drops.

Certain followers don't get along with each other/ don't work well with a particular playstyle. Broadly speaking, you have evil followers, who like their robbing, raping, pillaging of villages, raping, loving up quests, leaving soldiers to cover the rear when you flee from battle and raping. Then you have the good followers, who like the opposite. They can work in the same party if you stuff enough pork down their throats, but it's troublesome.

The game is called Mount and Blade for a reason. Get the hang of mounted combat and / or mounted archery, and you'll be killing hundreds of guys yourself.

Couched lances deliver shittons of damage, even on armored guys. But if you get your driveby hacking right, sword or axes or maces are actually way more efficient at killing guys.

Being evil is far easier than being good, so save the noble paladin for your second playthrough. Rob villages for easy cash, fail quests if they're too much to bother with, pillage and burn and stuff.

Following a large lord army as they engage smaller forces can get you free xp and stuff if you're hard pressed for either.

Order in which you should start killing peoples: Common bandits, sea raiders, steppe-raiders (their freaking horse-archery is so annoying), deserters (basically un-aligned regular troops), actual armies of whatever kingdom you dislike. Trying to take on regular soldiers with your starting guys is not a good idea.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I bought Demon Souls after not using the playstation 3 for almost a year. Besides reading that the game may be frustratingly difficult , which I hope isn't the case, what should I know? What game should I return it for if the former is true?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Kneel Before Zog posted:

I bought Demon Souls after not using the playstation 3 for almost a year. Besides reading that the game may be frustratingly difficult , which I hope isn't the case, what should I know? What game should I return it for if the former is true?

Do not despair about dying. It is part of the game and while dead you have higher strength and easier stealth.
Take it slow and never, ever rush things. Learn how to time the attacks and conserve your stamina.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Kneel Before Zog posted:

It is a very difficult game indeed. It's very much skill-based, though, it's only frustrating if you rush ahead and get lazy. You have to play very cautiously. Even the weakest enemies can kill you if they gang up on you. Keep your guard up, don't run into rooms wildly because there will be traps, and carefully time your attacks. Observe each enemy carefully in order to get used to their patterns. Skilled players pretty much never die unless they're lazy, new players, including you, will die often. Just get used to it, don't sweat it, and take it slow and carefully. It's an incredibly good game if you don't play like a spaz.

OilSlick
Dec 29, 2005

Population: Buscuit

Skilleddk posted:

Early in the game, I found the sniper rifle could actually destroy locks. Definitely put a fair bit of skill points in lockpicking, computer, and electronics.

Largejaroalmonds
Sep 25, 2007

OilSlick posted:

Early in the game, I found the sniper rifle could actually destroy locks. Definitely put a fair bit of skill points in lockpicking, computer, and electronics.

No idea about the locks but the sniper rifle is fantastic against security cameras.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Alright, next up for me is the one and only Planescape: Torment. I've never played any of it before and certainly don't know what to expect at all, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

But perhaps more importantly than that, are there any patches, updates, or whatever that I should look into that may or may not make the game more enjoyable on a modern system?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Nate RFB posted:

Alright, next up for me is the one and only Planescape: Torment. I've never played any of it before and certainly don't know what to expect at all, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

But perhaps more importantly than that, are there any patches, updates, or whatever that I should look into that may or may not make the game more enjoyable on a modern system?

There's a high-resolution patch floating around if you want to play the game at a higher resolution than 800x600.

The gameplay was not very good when the game came out, and it has aged even worse. If you are playing it because you've heard how good the story is, and if that is the sole reason you wish to play it, you might as well cheat yourself some maxed out scores (especially, you need high Wisdom, Intelligence and Charisma to catch the important extra dialogues) to make the bits in between the story bearable. If you are set on playing the game without cheating, you should still boost the three stats I mentioned above. WIS and INT are more important than CHA from what I remember. There's a quest to change your class to mage which you should do to make use of the stats and to make killing enemies less time-consuming, I'm sure someone else will remember exactly how you get it and post that as advice.

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-
I've been playing FFXII International recently and while the game is so much more enjoyable now that there is a fast forward button, is there anything I need to know about this version or FFXII in general that may or may not screw me over in the long run?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

WarringPhoenix posted:

I've been playing FFXII International recently and while the game is so much more enjoyable now that there is a fast forward button, is there anything I need to know about this version or FFXII in general that may or may not screw me over in the long run?

There's a few of chests in the game that if you if open one of any, will screw you over on the most powerful weapon in the game. You can still get the weapon, but there's something like a 5% chance of you getting it from a chest, rather than the 100% chance if you don't open the specific chests.

So if you care about go look it up in a guide somewhere.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Reveilled posted:

There's a high-resolution patch floating around if you want to play the game at a higher resolution than 800x600.

The gameplay was not very good when the game came out, and it has aged even worse. If you are playing it because you've heard how good the story is, and if that is the sole reason you wish to play it, you might as well cheat yourself some maxed out scores (especially, you need high Wisdom, Intelligence and Charisma to catch the important extra dialogues) to make the bits in between the story bearable. If you are set on playing the game without cheating, you should still boost the three stats I mentioned above. WIS and INT are more important than CHA from what I remember. There's a quest to change your class to mage which you should do to make use of the stats and to make killing enemies less time-consuming, I'm sure someone else will remember exactly how you get it and post that as advice.
I have no qualms with cheating (I just beat Earthbound doing the same sort of thing), but I'd really like a pointer in the right direction for the best set of mods/whatever to use to do so and get set up in general. I found no fewer than three "step-by-step" guides and the first one I tried ran into all kinds of problems when I tried to run the widescreen mod. Looks like this game will be as fun to get set up as System Shock 2.

Omega Hans
Feb 6, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

... I found no fewer than three "step-by-step" guides and the first one I tried ran into all kinds of problems when I tried to run the widescreen mod. Looks like this game will be as fun to get set up as System Shock 2.

Did you try this guide?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

OneDeadman posted:

There's a few of chests in the game that if you if open one of any, will screw you over on the most powerful weapon in the game. You can still get the weapon, but there's something like a 5% chance of you getting it from a chest, rather than the 100% chance if you don't open the specific chests.

The spear isn't that powerful. I would be more angry with the strongest gun being guarded by a swarm of Marks in the mines.

Don't bother placing Gambit spells for party buffs unless you want to micromanage it so that they won't cast it when one buff turns off. Do party buff spells yourself.
Don't bother with Hunts unless you are at least level 15 and add 10 (my rule) levels per rank. Each Rank also reflects their immunity to ailments and the highest rank almost never gets weakened.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Omega Hans posted:

Did you try this guide?
I tried a different one actually, but I get hung up at the same stage: the widescreen mod fails because "AR0100.BIF cannot be loaded". From what I've read this because the game didn't install fully...but, well, it did, as far as I could tell at least :confused: I even copied the CD contents and edited the torment.ini file to point to them. And made sure, being Windows 7, that I wasn't installing the game in the Program Files directory.

E: I think I fixed it

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 30, 2010

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
Anything to keep in mind for Professor Layton & the Curious Village?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Gerblyn posted:

I tried to play the game a few years back, but could never really get into it. Maybe I should try it again, anything I should know about the Steam version working with XP? Any mods I should get to make the game look pretty or more enjoyable for a first run?

To be honest, I have no idea. I've never played it with mods and it always worked for me out of the box on XP, but I have heard people talking about XP patches for it, so v:shobon:v

One thing you might need to do is set processor affinity to one core, if you have a multicore system - like the Dark games, Deus Ex has problems when running on multiple cores.

itrorev
Sep 22, 2006
More Fallout: New Vegas Advice

- If you plan to be an Energy Weapons specialist, it's wise to pick Wild Wasteland trait. This is required to get the best Energy Weapon in the game. The ammo for said Best Energy Weapon In The Game is rare and can only be found once, but don't be afraid to use it when you get in a pickle...you'll get about 150-200 shots, which is more than enough to cover all the really tough fights.

- Another Energy Weapons specialist tip: Get to Freeside as quickly as you can. There is a store called the Silver Rush that exclusively sells energy weapons. In that store are the Plasma Caster and Plasma Defender, two unique weapons that will serve you very well and are ludicrously easy to steal. (either get use Stealthboy or just kill everyone inside)

- The Meltdown perk causes every enemy killed by an Energy Weapon to explode in a green corona, which damages nearby creatures. (based on the damage of the particular gun used) While it's somewhat gimicky, its actually pretty brutal if used in conjunction with Best Energy Weapon In The Game (especially indoors).... if you time it right, you can kill 3 or 4 enemies with one shot. This can help save on that precious rare ammo. Just be warned that Meltdown doesn't sync well with melee-focused companions like the Robodog or Victoria...you'll end up inadvertantly killing them.

- Having trouble with those damned robots? Get the Pulse Gun. It might as well have been named "Robo-Raper 3000". Even if you're Energy Weapons skill sucks it will still help. But if you have a high Energy Weapons skill you'll start one-shotting just about every goddamn bot who has the audacity to look at you funny.

- Put at least 50 points into the repair skill...this will allow you to make Weapon Repair kits. New Vegas has alot more "unique" weapons that can only be repaired by vendors (expensive) or said Weapon Repair kits.

- The Sniper Rifle is arguably the best "stealth gun" in the game...once you put the Silencer mod on it, you can start easily murdering people with sneak attacks.

- If you're a Guns user, get the Handloader perk. It allows you to make some specialized ammo that can't be acquired otherwise.

- The Commando perk only applies to "rifle-like" weapons...i.e. Plasma rifles, assault rifles, etc. It does NOT affect "heavy weapons" like the Flamer, Plasma Caster, Rocket Launcher....even though those are technically two-handed weapons.

- The Speech skill is actually quite powerful, more than it was in Fallout 3. High speech skill can get you free items, extra caps, or help you avoid nasty fights.

- If you are an Unarmed specialist, there are various unarmed attacks that can be learned from certain characters in the game. Probably the best is the Ranger Takedown, and it can be learned pretty early on from a character in Novac. It allows you to knock a enemy on the ground...making it easy to beat them senselessly.

- If you are an Unarmed specialist, run to Prim as soon as you can. You can find some Spiked Knuckles in the casino... These will make make your life much easier in the early parts of the game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any tips for Age of Wonder: Shadow Magic or mods to use?

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

OneDeadman posted:

He said he's playing the International version. That problem doesn't exist there. Instead, the Zodiac Spear is obtained from the Hunt Club instead. (and incidentally, it's stronger in the International version)

That said, FFXII is a still very guide-friendly game, regardless of whether you have the IZJS version or not. If you want a specific item or monster, don't be afraid to look it up.

A couple IZJS-specific tips:
Some jobs are better than others, but every job is viable. Characters' base stat differences are more exaggerated than in the original, but you can work with just about any combinations. If you want to sperg out for maximum efficiency, it's slightly better to play characters against their type. On the other hand, if you already assigned jobs, it's not worth restarting for. In particular, don't underestimate Mage classes. The removed damage cap alone does a lot to make magic worthwhile, and Red Mage Basch was my MVP.

Chest contents are completely different from the original version. Pretty much all of them are better than before! You can also find magic spells in treasure chests, and none of them are permanently missable. Enemy drops are almost entirely the same, except for a few weapon drops.

The stat break skills (Wither, Expose, Addle, and Shear) now work on any enemies. In practice, they're incredibly broken and can trivialize anything. Avoid them if you don't want to ruin the challenge.

You cannot exit from Trial Mode back into the regular game. :siren: Do not do like I did on my first try and overwrite your regular save.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Nate RFB posted:

Keep pretty much all unique items shoved into someones inventory. At least one item you get at the beginning of the game comes into play in a major way at the very end, and a lot of others can be useful in unexpected locations long after you acquire them.

itrorev
Sep 22, 2006
^^^^ Also, very early in game you'll get in a conversation with some ghost woman. During this dialog you can acquire a rather useful ability that will serve you well for the entire game, depending on how the conversation goes.

(I completely missed it during my first playthrough and was pissed when I discovered)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Panic Restaurant posted:

Anything to keep in mind for Professor Layton & the Curious Village?

Layton is as straight forward as it gets, just solve puzzles.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

itrorev posted:

(I completely missed it during my first playthrough and was pissed when I discovered)

This is one of the big things about PS:T, you can easily miss utterly essential content: In a game based entirely on its story and characters, missing an important party member because you didn't talk to a random passer-by with one of the generic sprites or because you didn't consciously avoid going through a portal is frustrating.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well then, if I'm really only in it for the story should I follow a guide/FAQ/walkthrough?

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nate RFB posted:

Well then, if I'm really only in it for the story should I follow a guide/FAQ/walkthrough?

Depends on how much you like a challenge. I'll just put it out there that I stopped playing Planescape because of an event early on where I had to run about like a headless chicken looking for a hammer and a chisel to repair a wall or some such bullshit.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I fully intend to cheat now that I know it is possible. I would have done the same with Fallout 1/2 but couldn't figure it out. I have very little patience for the slow, clunky gameplay of old WRPGs.

Earthbound, another game I recently went through, became infinitely more enjoyable when I gave every character infinite HP/PP/Experience and fast forwarded through every battle with auto-battle on.

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot

Nate RFB posted:

I fully intend to cheat now that I know it is possible. I would have done the same with Fallout 1/2 but couldn't figure it out. I have very little patience for the slow, clunky gameplay of old WRPGs.

Earthbound, another game I recently went through, became infinitely more enjoyable when I gave every character infinite HP/PP/Experience and fast forwarded through every battle with auto-battle on.

At that point, isn't it just better to watch a Let's play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

21stCentury posted:

At that point, isn't it just better to watch a Let's play?

Friends don't let friends watch Let's Plays.