Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Slow Gherkin still exists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
The newest Shinobu album is pretty good, I think.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
The new Shinobu is out? I need to check QUR more often.

e: Holy poo poo 30 tracks :tviv:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 21, 2010

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Also, everyone go find Koo Koo Kanga Roo right now because they loving rule.

Jesus Christ no. Besides them, the show was great.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Let's talk about how terrible the House of Blues is. I got in and got put on the 2nd Mezzanine and I had to sneak my way downstairs.

Also I know not a lot of love goes out to Suburban Legends, but they made me laugh last night because they iced a dude on stage, and then did a skadisco cover of Bedroom Intruder. I giggled.

but hell yes. The Aquabats were

AWESOME

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

FloppyDiskCommando posted:

Let's talk about how terrible the House of Blues is. I got in and got put on the 2nd Mezzanine and I had to sneak my way downstairs.

I wasn't a huge fan of the set up of the House of Blues. It looks almost exactly like the Avalon but with a higher ceiling, another balcony and a smaller dance floor. It made me miss Avalon and Axis more than it impressed me.

FloppyDiskCommando posted:

Also I know not a lot of love goes out to Suburban Legends, but they made me laugh last night because they iced a dude on stage, and then did a skadisco cover of Bedroom Intruder. I giggled.

My jaw dropped when they covered this. It was pure awesome.

Koo Koo Kanga Roo was hysterically fun to watch on stage. I personally wasn't super into them but I can absolutely see how they fit the bill perfectly with the antics of the rest of the bands. The only way I can describe them is that they're LMFAO but for kids.

The Aquabats nearly killed me because their set was so awesome. A few years ago I burnt an Aquabats mix cd that was my ideal live set and they hit nearly every song on it except for My Skateboard. I've waited many years for them to come back and they absolutely did not disappoint. They were everything I remembered but with way, way, way more energy. I even made the pre-set silly face montage! Totally sweet! I just hope that I don't have to wait 3 years to see them come to Massachusetts again :ohdear:

Reel Big Fish was excellent. I realized that in the last 5 years or so the only ska or ska oriented shows I've been to have consisted of at least one of Big D and the Kids Table, Reel Big Fish, Streetlight Manifesto or Bomb the Music Industry! so I wasn't as amped to see the Fish as much as I have been in the past but their energy was incredible. The last few times I've had the pleasure of seeing them they almost seemed to phone in their set. Although sonically they've always been impressive, they used to never seem like they were having too much fun. I couldn't believe my ears that I was hearing 241 and Snoop Dog.

Up next is Bosstones/LTJ at the throwdown if I can find a floor ticket and Streetlight in Northampton February 11th with three bands I've never heard of.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

They didn't play Cat With 2 Heads! :argh:

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
But you got to shout "WHERE WAS THE CAPTAIN?!"

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I got so drat giddy when they were leading in to playing Captain Hampton. The set was loving awesome and just one Attacked by Snakes away from my being able to die happy right there. The (one) new song wasn't even terrible either!

Definitely missed the old Avalon vibe. The new HoB really can't compare to either of the clubs they osmosed. Hands up if you saw the Planet Smashers at Axis a million years ago and made you love them for life.

Shabadu fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 24, 2010

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
If anyone else didn't notice, that Tomas/Dan Potthast split is out now. I didn't see anything posted about it and I figure maybe I'm not the only one who forgot.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

guppy posted:

If anyone else didn't notice, that Tomas/Dan Potthast split is out now. I didn't see anything posted about it and I figure maybe I'm not the only one who forgot.

Dan's side is still awesome as poo poo

Also, Public Access reunion Friday in the Cuse! 4point0 is opening! So are The Closers! Wooooooo

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I actually like the whole split, which surprised me.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Public Access show was insane, and I'm bummed that I hosed my leg up before the show because I had to hobble out of the pit during their set. Everyone did a loving awesome job though, probably one of the best local shows I've been to

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Not a ska show but I'm reminded of how this is the worst loving thing since I missed the BtMI! Weezeer show.

Cake is playing Irving Plaza on Tuesday and I can't go :argh:

gently caress YOU NEW YORK STOP HAVING AWESOME CONCERTS ON DAYS I HAVE poo poo TO DO

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

The Aquabats have posted a date for their new album, Hi-Five Soup!. It drops January 18th and features 11 new songs. I'm excited!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Not a ska show but I'm reminded of how this is the worst loving thing since I missed the BtMI! Weezeer show.

gently caress YOU NEW YORK STOP HAVING AWESOME CONCERTS ON DAYS I HAVE poo poo TO DO

I love Cake, missed them last time they came to Boston, love Irving Plaza, and Tuesday is my birthday. WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME THIS :cry:

Good thing I have Minus the Bear tickets for Tuesday.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Obama Yo Mama posted:

The things I'd do to get footage of the whole BtMI Weezer show are horrendously illegal

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Obama Yo Mama posted:

My birthday is next week and the Street Dogs, the Have Nots and Flatfoot 56 all got together and got me a show :smug:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

guppy posted:

My birthday is next week and the Street Dogs, the Have Nots and Flatfoot 56 all got together and got me a show :smug:

I'll be there too! Last time I saw the Have Nots I got drunk as poo poo and don't remember alot of it. Hopefully that won't happen this time.

New Bosstones song
http://www.altpress.com/aptv/video/exclusive_the_mighty_mighty_bosstones_2000_miles/

Sounds alot like X Mas Time (It Sure Doesn't Feel Like It)

Also I've just learned this Sunday Middle East Upstairs is Mustard Plug and Brunt of It, and the Sunday after that is BTMI!.

Just moved to Quincy and it's starting to have its perks being so close to the city.

Fateo McMurray fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 2, 2010

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I'm actually gonna be in a different town, I live in Baltimore. But the Street Dogs are probably the best live show I've ever seen, I've seen Flatfoot 56 before and they're quite good, and I love the Have Nots and begged them to come to my city last year. SO EXCITED.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I forget bands play other places than Boston

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I've been listening to the Tomas/Dan Potthast split some more and it's so good. I like the whole thing but Tomas' cover of Dan's "I Went In" is the best song on the album and is way better than Dan's version.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
I wasn't able to get floor tickets at the house of blues because i had to wait for payday, am I setting myself up for a huge letdown on the mezzanine and/or is there any way to get downstairs?

Because I would really really like to be on the floor

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Looks like the Aquabats finally announced the name of the album and revealed the cover and tracklisting:

Song Titles

1 The Shark Fighter!
2 B.F.F.!
3 The Legend Is True!
4 Radio Down! (Featuring Biz Markie)
5 Poppin' A Wheelie!
6 Hey Homies!
7 In My Dreams!
8 Just Can't Lose!
9 All My Money!
10 Pink Pants!
11 Food Fight On The Moon!
12 Luck Dragon Lady!

It was all announced on December 1st, but I'm not seeing any mention of it here. So there you go :3:

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

Is this the first album where they haven't changed outfits?

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

Miscellaneous_T posted:

Is this the first album where they haven't changed outfits?

It's the first time they've had bright purple, isn't it? Fury was maroon and Yo, Check Out This Ride was hand-drawn deep purple.

edit: Yo, Check Out This Ride is blue.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

First time they use purple yeah.

You can preorder it now on Amazon, but I'm hoping Fearless makes a nifty collectors edition or something.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

If anyone going to HOMETOWN THROWDOWN needs another ticket for the show on the 26th, I have one that I'm selling (for pretty much face value).

Email me at sa.schiavona at the google mail service.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So guess who may be going to the yearly Slackers show in Brooklyn, and the afterparty?

The Forthrights are opening. That's Doyle from the Fad's new band.

Vinyl motherfucking Paradise bitches.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Dickeye posted:

So guess who may be going to the yearly Slackers show in Brooklyn, and the afterparty?

The Slackers holiday shows are always a good time. Having Greg Lee from Hepcat and Jesse Wagner from the Aggrolites as a special guests isn't too shabby either. Expect some cool cover songs. For one of the best holiday shows I went to, they had Alex Desert, King Django, Mush One, and Stephen Jackson as guests.

I can't make it this year because I dished out the ridiculous cash to see Weezer play Pinkerton at Roseland.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Dec 9, 2010

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Dickeye posted:

The Forthrights are opening. That's Doyle from the Fad's new band.

Vinyl motherfucking Paradise bitches.
I don't love the Fad but that song is catchy as hell

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
I doubt very much that the Forthrights are going to play Fad songs, just FYI.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

hedgecore posted:

I doubt very much that the Forthrights are going to play Fad songs, just FYI.

The way I heard it was that Doyle was asking people what Matt Wxison songs they should cover at this show, and everyone said Vinyl Paradise because Wixson covers it, and the answer was just "we'll see"

I would go but gently caress I forgot I had plans to go to a play that night.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

Dickeye posted:

The way I heard it was that Doyle was asking people what Matt Wxison songs they should cover at this show, and everyone said Vinyl Paradise because Wixson covers it, and the answer was just "we'll see"

I would go but gently caress I forgot I had plans to go to a play that night.

Oh word. Didn't realize it was a special thing. Doyle is kind of hard to keep track of, though. I'm also really spoiled living in the NJ/NY/LI area, because the Fad used to play all the time. And then Bomb has played that song a million times too.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Who wants to here a techno version of Erin's Runaway Imagination?

Everyone does trust me

http://soundcloud.com/magichammer/erins-runaway-imagination

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

It sounds like japanese pop

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Yeah that was like the opposite of good

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It sounds like Initial D or a song from some kind of Chrono Trigger-esque Sega game.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Just home from the Baltimore Street Dogs show, they're still the best punk band

Have Nots were awesome but the singers were almost loving inaudible, I want to fire every sound guy ever and replace him with myself

Flatfoot 56 are annoying now, I liked them more before they knew people wanted to hear them

One of the opening bands, the Key Figures, were awful, but the other, Mason Summer, despite tagging themselves as a Christian punk band, were a ton of fun, and opened with their drummer in a full-body cow costume doing the Cha Cha Slide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Dickeye posted:

Who wants to here a techno version of Erin's Runaway Imagination?

Everyone does trust me

http://soundcloud.com/magichammer/erins-runaway-imagination

So when does the boss fight start?