Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Trickjaw posted:

The Wetherfield AM-Dram league are LIVE now. Will Emily flubb her lines and say " loving Rat's Cocks!"?

That godamned :buddy: on her face at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
It's a proper Greg Davies evening on BBC 1 tonight.

Which is fine, because he is loving hilarious.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

I'm sure Miranda Hart (her that does that execrable Miranda sitcom) is a jolly nice person in real life, but her voice does my head in.

She's hosting HIGNFY tonight. 3 minutes in and I want to throw something through the screen to stop her saying anything else in that wobbly, posh girly-girl voice of hers.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
Corrie tonight, I thought I saw the factory wheelchair girl stand up? Either she's very lazy or it's just my tiny telly.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Figaro posted:

Corrie tonight, I thought I saw the factory wheelchair girl stand up? Either she's very lazy or it's just my tiny telly.

She loving did! I thought it was something I had missed, but she raised herself up at the bar. And that flabby titted ginger monster screaming as she was giving birth haunts me.

It rather let me down. I was hoping for full on Acorn Antiques, with people having a crafty fag trying to edge out of shot and running into the camera, but they must have rehearsed the poo poo out of it. In the old days, they would have rolled up 10 minutes before, had a fortifying bevvy and muddled through.

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 10, 2010

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
I think the wheelchair girl is actually disabled, so whatever she can do her character can do.

Also:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm sure I'm going to get set upon by the women of this forum, but was she over acting?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Dot Cotten was revealed as a Corrie fan in Eastenders last night, then Stacey and Kat said they thought it was boring.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Brown Moses posted:

Dot Cotten was revealed as a Corrie fan in Eastenders last night, then Stacey and Kat said they thought it was boring.

So gritty and real.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Figaro posted:

That's what my mother said, I think she just lifted herself up onto the bar-stool.

Edit: Also John is the World's Biggest Fuckup. How the writers can justify his continued survival is beyond me, but at least it's entertaining.

HoldYourFire fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 10, 2010

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Speaking of American Soaps, I swear there was a pre-Darkplace era British eighties Hospital comedy that took the piss out of them to the max. Like full on Naked Gun spoofing.

From a few pages back but it started to bug me once you mentioned it. Was it was Let The Blood Run Free?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Hank Morgan posted:

From a few pages back but it started to bug me once you mentioned it. Was it was Let The Blood Run Free?

That sounds pretty drat close yeah. Interactive TV with phones? Aussies were on the pulse of the future!

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

M1TCH3LL posted:

Tramaconda

No, no, it was a commuter train.

See?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
Mid morning matters with Alan Partridge has been pretty brilliant.

Also screw everyone who hates Sidekick Simon, he's the Lynn of this series. :colbert:

Royality
Jun 27, 2006

lorn Wayne posted:

Mid morning matters with Alan Partridge has been pretty brilliant.

Also screw everyone who hates Sidekick Simon, he's the Lynn of this series. :colbert:

Love Tim Keys! Love Mid-Morning Matters. But I still yearn for more actual Partridge. :(

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Royality posted:

Love Tim Keys! Love Mid-Morning Matters. But I still yearn for more actual Partridge. :(

Do any of you think the Partridge movie would work? I mean Ianucci pulled it off with 'In The Loop' as a 'The Thick of It' spinoff but jeez, he must be pulling out all stops with this one.

I just don't want him to miss the back of the net.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Tim Key is fantastic and I'm glad to see him alongside Coogan in MMM. :)

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007
I've just realised that Have I Got News For Your and Russel Howard's Good News are the same programme with different presenters.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

lorn Wayne posted:

Do any of you think the Partridge movie would work? I mean Ianucci pulled it off with 'In The Loop' as a 'The Thick of It' spinoff but jeez, he must be pulling out all stops with this one.

I just don't want him to miss the back of the net.

Don't worry, the lad's got a foot like a traction engine.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

pisshead posted:

I've just realised that Have I Got News For Your and Russel Howard's Good News are the same programme with different presenters.

And Robert's Web is Harry Hill's Internet Burp.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

You forgot "...but poo poo" from the end of both those sentences.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
I can't get Harry Hill's Ken! out of my head after catching it on a Corrie thing with Paul O'Grady.

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
Take Me Out is back on tonight, and at the risk of everyone thinking I'm a total idiot, I love it. It's got the perfect balance of cringey desperate men, and cringey desperate (fat) women.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Royality posted:

Take Me Out is back on tonight, and at the risk of everyone thinking I'm a total idiot, I love it. It's got the perfect balance of cringey desperate men, and cringey desperate (fat) women.

It's the best show on television. That fat bird best be on it still :mad:

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Some Strange Flea posted:

I can't get Harry Hill's Ken! out of my head after catching it on a Corrie thing with Paul O'Grady.

It's on his new Christmas album if you're so inclined to want a permanent copy.

FelixMeOneMoreTime
May 11, 2010

A5H posted:

It's the best show on television. That fat bird best be on it still :mad:

I felt sorry for Rhian, she was almost always in the final set of girls, but was never picked to be in the final two.:smith:
One day she will find love. One day.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
loving SNOOKER

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009

Unkempt posted:

loving SNOOKER

Snooker was brilliant. I'm not normally a fan of Mark Williams but gently caress Shaun Murphy.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
So Frankie Boyles new show has got the reaction Channel 4 needed to stir up some controversy and get some viewers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11976410 posted:

Channel 4 has defended the right of comedians to make jokes which "push boundaries" after reality TV star Katie Price complained about Frankie Boyle.

Price said Boyle's joke about her disabled son Harvey was "vile" and she criticised Channel 4 for showing it again in a repeat.

Media regulator Ofcom has launched an investigation into the complaint.

The charity Mencap described Boyle's joke as a "disgusting" attack on a disabled child.

Price said: "By repeating Frankie Boyle's show, Channel 4 are embracing and exploiting discrimination."

(I don't know what the joke was but I imagine he said gently caress in it, just because he can on late night channel 4 tv)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Oh for fucks sake.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

DaWolfey posted:

So Frankie Boyles new show has got the reaction Channel 4 needed to stir up some controversy and get some viewers.

(I don't know what the joke was but I imagine he said gently caress in it, just because he can on late night channel 4 tv)

He said that Jordan & Peter Andre are in a custody battle over their son Harvey & eventually one of them will lose and have to keep him... & that the only reason Jordon has started dating a cage fighter is because he's the only person who can stop Harvey from loving her.

Not the best jokes he's ever done but still, better than Mental Illness Knightrider!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I like the fact she caught it on repeat. Katie Price continues being loving annoying and annoying us even more via the extension of something else.

Dennis Nedry
Feb 13, 2008
oh geez
Recently got our own version of Take Me Out in Ireland and if you think the girls on your one are a little rough, you've seen nothing yet. Still one of the most entertaining shows on tv though, it's even got a bit of a following in my group of friends. Friday night, pre-drinks in a mates house, episode of Take Me Out, then out on the town we go.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

This weeks episode of Tramadol Nights was slightly better than the first one, but still not that great.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Dennis Nedry posted:

Recently got our own version of Take Me Out in Ireland and if you think the girls on your one are a little rough, you've seen nothing yet. Still one of the most entertaining shows on tv though, it's even got a bit of a following in my group of friends. Friday night, pre-drinks in a mates house, episode of Take Me Out, then out on the town we go.

Since our version is hosted by "Paddy MacGuinness" I can only assume yours is hosted by "Trevor Gough-Calthorpe"

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh hell yes, Rory McGraths Bloody Britain is on DVD on Amazon for cheap! time for a History binge!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Anyone watching Macbeth? It's good so far. Patrick Steward is bloody good.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is that the TV version of the theatre production he was in a few years back?

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.

eating only apples posted:

Anyone watching Macbeth? It's good so far. Patrick Steward is bloody good.

For God sake. I knew there was something on at 7:30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

Royality posted:

This is a show that by rights I should hate, yet I actually really enjoy it. In fact, I'd almost be tempted to apply to go on it myself (or I would be if I wasn't such a terminally sensitive fairy manly stud who doesn't need a TV programme to get a date)

I loved how some of the chubbier girls were turned off by the fact that the first guy was a personal trainer, as if he's going to come home after work and force them to do exercises.

Gram-O-Phone fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 12, 2010