Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
The guy's really gone all out in the 'stupid mods' department, but I'm pretty sure it's not actually a "hybrid".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Real gold? Tempting project.
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/2070932407.html

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Real gold? Tempting project.

Don't waste your time. Once you got the car finished and customized just how you like it, you'd have to park it in the driveway and just pretend you're driving it.

seller posted:

...Don't have a title

Don't get burned on investing all that time in money into an expensive limited-mobility statue.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
While looking for motorcycles, I found the luxury of mopeds.

http://southbend.craigslist.org/mcy/2111627374.html

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Kylie Sven Opossum posted:

That's not the oil bath air cleaner its the oil filter.

I'm pretty sure I changed an oil filter element in a housing on the engine (not bolted to the passenger side of the firewall with no oil hoses on it beyond a breather tube), the gigantic air hose went from the oil bath air cleaner mounted on the firewall onto the top of the carb. I'm also pretty sure an oil filter doesn't have 6 inches of steel wool, holds a quart of oil and says change filter oil when servicing engine oil.

Unless the 44 Ford GPW and 48 CJ2 and 67 CJ5 were all wrong. That would be the flathead, and hurrican F head engines.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I didn't see the air filter on the firewall (until now), I thought you were taking about the canister on the left front of the engine which looks like the oil filter housing on my old truck.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MATLAB 1988 posted:

I love the Jaglude.

what the gently caress

Why would someone do this?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

robotsinmyhead posted:

While looking for motorcycles, I found the luxury of mopeds.

http://southbend.craigslist.org/mcy/2111627374.html

I don't see any pedals.

Slack3r
Feb 20, 2004

VideoTapir posted:

I don't see any pedals.

That's my pet peeve also. It's a SCOOTER people.. Mopeds have pedals.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
MOtor/PEDals :)

Defcon62
Oct 11, 2007
The Joesterizer

rscott posted:

That K car is actually kind of AI, I mean who the gently caress would do something like that to a K Car?

https://wi.somethingawful.com/6e/6e65bc71cf8dfe1603fc2f3413b1d37f6c140b87.jpg

This is why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ky27KnwRqc

K car has major weight reduction, huge turbo and intercooler, forged pistons. No bottle 30-33 psi boost.

Cpaka
Jun 6, 2007

Got a Rolls Royce sittin' in your garage doin' no good? Want to pay a princely sum for some retards to hack it into a god-awful automotive abortion? Just give the guys at Prestigious Euro Cars a call - "YOU CAN BUY WITH CONFIDENCE BECAUSE WE ARE ROLLS ROYCE AND BENTLEY SPEIALISTS FOR OVER 35 YEARS!"

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/ctd/2114099599.html

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Cpaka posted:

Got a Rolls Royce sittin' in your garage doin' no good? Want to pay a princely sum for some retards to hack it into a god-awful automotive abortion? Just give the guys at Prestigious Euro Cars a call - "YOU CAN BUY WITH CONFIDENCE BECAUSE WE ARE ROLLS ROYCE AND BENTLEY SPEIALISTS FOR OVER 35 YEARS!"

what in the gently caress would possess someone to do that to that poor car?
:gonk:

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
Salvia. Miley made it "cool" now.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Holy poo poo, just think of all the dead hookers you could fit in that trunk!

Cpaka
Jun 6, 2007

I'm kind of bummed they went the extra mile to fashion a tonneau cover and everything. Should've left it as an open pick-up bed and just sprayed it with some bedliner for that extra :frogdowns: touch.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Cpaka posted:

I'm kind of bummed they went the extra mile to fashion a tonneau cover and everything. Should've left it as an open pick-up bed and just sprayed it with some bedliner for that extra :frogdowns: touch.

No kidding, it looks like the mid-60's El Caminos. What a bizarre thing to do to a Rolls.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Harmburger posted:

Don't waste your time. Once you got the car finished and customized just how you like it, you'd have to park it in the driveway and just pretend you're driving it.

Don't get burned on investing all that time in money into an expensive limited-mobility statue.

You can apply for a new title for a car that doesn't have any current record of ownership in MN. I doubt there'd be any problem getting a title for a fifty year old "project" clunker if the seller will provide a bill of sale and fill out the necessary paperwork.

Or you can just move to Georgia where you only need a title for cars newer than 1986. :banjo:

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Cpaka posted:

Reminds me of Busta Rhymes

"Bitch, I drive a Rolls Royce pickup truck"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
slab..donk..lambos..suicide doors ostritch guts. 71 galaxie (Rosebud tx)

quote:

custom 1971 ford galaxie everything is brand new on it motor,,interior,,paint,,,exhust,,,and is still under warranty. will sale or trade if tradeing must be somthing custom or sumthing souped up hi performance (slab...donk...kandy...impala...ss...lt1..ls1....elbows..swangs. roadmaster...caprice...9c1....bumper kit...pop trunk...kandy paint.... let me know what u got calll anytime 254-217-3393 j.r.......DOOOOOOOOO NOT EMAIL I DONT CHECK EMAILS DUE TO SPAM....

Click here for the full 1101x920 image.

What the hell is 'ostritch guts'? Is that another way of saying lambo doors? And I'm pretty drat sure the early 70's Galaxies didn't have suicide doors.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

Sir Tonk posted:

slab..donk..lambos..suicide doors ostritch guts. 71 galaxie (Rosebud tx)

Click here for the full 1101x920 image.

What the hell is 'ostritch guts'? Is that another way of saying lambo doors? And I'm pretty drat sure the early 70's Galaxies didn't have suicide doors.
I think ostrich guts refers to the interior, ostrich leather or something weird. At least, that's what a very strange series of Google searches would leave me to believe.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Can we post actual gold we found? I got this '89 Celica GTS last summer for $1500. I should emphasize that this thing was in pristine condition. Owned by a retired cop who kept it in a garage and only took it out for joyrides. No rust ANYWHERE, engine was in great shape, I've been driving it for 6 months now with almost no issues. Considering this thing is almost as old as I am I got quite a deal.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wav3form
Aug 10, 2008

Myrddin Emrys posted:

I think ostrich guts refers to the interior, ostrich leather or something weird. At least, that's what a very strange series of Google searches would leave me to believe.

I googled around and looks like ostrich guts is indeed ostrich leather interior.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think I will use a free ad to sell my car.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Elephanthead posted:

DuPont... Craigslist... DuPont.. Craigslist.... CRAIGSLIST

Necc0 posted:

Can we post actual gold we found? I got this '89 Celica GTS last summer for $1500. I should emphasize that this thing was in pristine condition. Owned by a retired cop who kept it in a garage and only took it out for joyrides. No rust ANYWHERE, engine was in great shape, I've been driving it for 6 months now with almost no issues. Considering this thing is almost as old as I am I got quite a deal.

I would have paid $1500 easily for an old mint Celica. Good job.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Elephanthead posted:

Why are people constantly surprised that high end cars are sold on CL?
It is a no-fee place to list a vehicle. You ask what you want and you may get it. If not, you are out nothing.
Bonhams is going to charge a sellers fee and any consignment lot will want a commission.

The decreased price you may get as a result of less press or foot traffic will likely be offset sellers fees that stay in your pocket.

EvellSnoats
Oct 22, 2010
http://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/2116649829.html

Memphis really is a lovely place. The folks there make sure you have your own downpayment.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The difference is that guy has probably gotten 500 emails from kids asking if he will take $500 down and if they can make payments.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jesus, some people are really super obsessed with money.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

leica posted:

Jesus, some people are really super obsessed with money.

Yet the treatment on that Cutlass just makes him look poor.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Tai-Pan posted:

Why are people constantly surprised that high end cars are sold on CL?
It is a no-fee place to list a vehicle. You ask what you want and you may get it. If not, you are out nothing.
Bonhams is going to charge a sellers fee and any consignment lot will want a commission.

The decreased price you may get as a result of less press or foot traffic will likely be offset sellers fees that stay in your pocket.
I listed my somewhat nice car (Porsche) on both CL and autotrader at the same time and got like 5 times more hits off the CL ad.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

eddiewalker posted:

Yet the treatment on that Cutlass just makes him look poor.

The use of singles really dulls the effect.

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn

Slack3r posted:

That's my pet peeve also. It's a SCOOTER people.. Mopeds have pedals.
Sadly these are usually classified as mopeds in state driving laws. I seriously wish they were either completely illegal to drive on public streets or you have to have a motorcycle license and insurance. The amount of DUI revoked people on these things are staggering.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

slidebite posted:

DuPont... Craigslist... DuPont.. Craigslist.... CRAIGSLIST

Canepa Designs has all their stuff on CL, although its under "dealer" so maybe not in the spirit of this thread.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=1&subAreaID=&query=canepa&catAbb=sss

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Lando posted:

Sadly these are usually classified as mopeds in state driving laws. I seriously wish they were either completely illegal to drive on public streets or you have to have a motorcycle license and insurance. The amount of DUI revoked people on these things are staggering.

200cc scooters aren't in the same category as mopeds in any US state.

You're thinking of 50cc scooters (I could be wrong but I think there are some mopeds that actually have 50cc engines). And in some states (Arizona, at least) if it doesn't have pedals, you need still need a motorcycle endorsement regardless of displacement.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Dec 19, 2010

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I know I'm late to the party on this one but no, not gold. Maybe if it was finished it might be worth 3500 but as it stands it isn't. Willys are fun side projects but despite their simplicity they will nickle and dime you to death worse than a DSM will. I love my CJ-2A but I wouldn't wish her fits on anyone. Tracking down affordable parts has been a decade long chore.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 19, 2010

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I know I'm late to the party on this one but no, not gold. Maybe if it was finished it might be worth 3500 but as it stands it isn't. Willys are fun side projects but despite their simplicity they will nickle and dime you to death worse than a DSM will. I love my CJ-2A but I wouldn't wish her fits on anyone. Tracking down affordable parts has been a decade long chore.

At some point, converting existing parts from newer vehicles to fit must be an option (shortened Jeep axles, etc)?

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT
Oh, look, another horribly modified mustang.... Hey, wait.. what? :aaaaa: :black101: :aaaaa:

http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/2095408062.html

Crack Fueled Craigslist Man posted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a super custom 1996 Mustang, I will give a few details but if your intrested then call me with what you have, Im looking for a 94 and up 12V cummins regular cab pick up truck, May also go for a 24V as well but prefer 12, Also would trade for a decent 2001 up duramax, Truck must be regular cab and must be a DIESEL, This car has hours apon hours of custom work done to it, It needs to be finished but its stupid stuff it needs, Little finish wiring Needs a fuel cell, batteries, needs to be clearenced for the new starter or purchase a OEM type starter and it will bolt right in, and needs something done with the hood so it will clear, some paint and your golden, Its a GM 6.2L diesel, New mechanical injector pump, dual t3/t4 chrome turbos, Custom modified intake manifold, 2.5" intercooler piping, Intercooler, Chrome 1 wire alternator, 700r4 transmission with shift kit, B&M pro ratchet shifter, Autometer gauges, All stainless braided fuel system feed and return, Custom crank case ventalation system, All new gaskets on the engine and so on, If you are intrested and got what im looking for please give me a call at 207-460-4174, I WILL NOT RETURN EMAILS!!!!!! Seems every time I get a email its someone wastig my time, This car has way to much work and money in it, Its a must see pictures do it no justice, Once again truck must be a diesel and must be a regular cab, prefer manual but will consider auto. Please dont offer me extended cab. Sorry for sounding so strict but it seems no matter how much you say something on here I still get offered what im not looking for, If you want to purchase the car its $7,000 Might sound like a lot but try building one or go to a custom shop and ask what they would charge for parts and labor on something like this, Car has not been started to to it needinga fuel cell, batteries and a starter istalled, I have no clue what HP numbers are but I would think the car will roll pretty good, Waste gates are set at 10lbs of boost and injector pump is cranked up a quarter turn. Thanks!

Also trade for shop machinery of equal value, Looking for a nice milling machine most of all, Also need a nice Tig Welder, Arc welder, Nice Mig, Metal lathe, Tire machines, Nice pipe benders, Brakes, sheers, rolls and so on, Will also take in fire arms, Must be a combo of some of these things so it equals out the value of the car, Will draw a big crowd at any car show, Everybody that looks at it in my drive way just gets blown away and takes pictures, For example I would trade for a decent milling machine and a nice tig welder or a milling machine and little cash to make up for it and so on. Please dont low ball me as I built the car and know what I have invested for money and hours. Let me know what you got. also would be intrested in part trade for a sport wheeler. Thanks!

ACEofsnett fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 20, 2010

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sockington posted:

At some point, converting existing parts from newer vehicles to fit must be an option (shortened Jeep axles, etc)?

It can and you're forced to on some things like I couldn't find a gas tank to save my life so I took some measurements and had a sheet metal cell installed but it depends on what your goal is. Too much conversion and it definitely loses some charm, that's for sure.

That and Jeep people are loving strange. I had some old codger give me a 20 minute rant about the fact that I switched out the full time front hubs for locking ones just so I could get the thing above 45mph. I guess that's offensive to some people? But the nice thing about old beat up Jeeps/Willys is that if you're willing to go conversion then the sky is the limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

ACEofsnett posted:

Oh, look, another horribly modified mustang.... Hey, wait.. what? :aaaaa: :black101: :aaaaa:

http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/2095408062.html

A GM turbodiesel in a SN95? That's awesome.