Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I also notice that the bookmark bar is now below the tab and address bars, which is a really dumb and illogical place for it. Now I can't open bookmarks without already having a tab open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

ColdPie posted:

I also notice that the bookmark bar is now below the tab and address bars, which is a really dumb and illogical place for it. Now I can't open bookmarks without already having a tab open.
I found a solution for that, open the customization and click Show hidden toolbars while customizing and a bookmark bar above should appear and you can make it visible and turn the other one off.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

gibbed posted:

I found a solution for that, open the customization and click Show hidden toolbars while customizing and a bookmark bar above should appear and you can make it visible and turn the other one off.

Oh drat awesome. That's really tucked away.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Does anyone else have this bug? Some tabs end up not being rearrangeable (dragging to move the tab), but the one after or before it usually can. Though you can sometimes stack the bugged tabs onto the nearby tab.

Edit: oh this is fun, new tabs opened while in a bugged tab get to randomly choose where to be placed, in this case, before all other tabs.

gibbed fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 17, 2010

Yellow Jesus
Jul 18, 2003

Anyone else have a bug where images on a website switch places? The image for the last read post thing is now the hardware thread tag, the :) smily is switched with a avatar image and so on. Happens on all websites, not just here on SA

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
One of the Opera devs just posted on Reddit regarding the mouse gestures.

quote:

The visual hints don't change how mouse gestures are triggered.

I am currently in the process of reverting the mouse gesture recognition system to work like it used to. (Sorry that it ended up being released as is, but I can only work so fast. :-)

So you should get your old mouse gestures back in the next release. In the meantime... try to move big? :-|

It's nice to know that they are aware and acknowledge that something has happened to make the gestures a bit wonky. The suggestions earlier in the thread to raise the threshold to 30 actually helped me (I guess it makes it less sensitive to motion in the unintended directions), but there are still times where it feels a bit off.

flappin fish
Jul 4, 2005

ColdPie posted:

Anybody know how to turn off the dimming of the non-domain part of the URL?

In opera:config, uncheck "Hide URL Parameter".

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

Yellow Jesus posted:

Anyone else have a bug where images on a website switch places? The image for the last read post thing is now the hardware thread tag, the :) smily is switched with a avatar image and so on. Happens on all websites, not just here on SA

This used to happen a lot in some older 10.x builds but I haven't heard about it in a long time. Did you do an upgrade install? Temporary move your profile folder (to turn it into a clean install) and see if the problem goes away. I suspect it will. That sounds like the type of WIERD poo poo™ that happens with upgrade installs sometimes.

NFX posted:

One of the Opera devs just posted on Reddit regarding the mouse gestures.

It's nice to know that they are aware and acknowledge that something has happened to make the gestures a bit wonky. The suggestions earlier in the thread to raise the threshold to 30 actually helped me (I guess it makes it less sensitive to motion in the unintended directions), but there are still times where it feels a bit off.

They should have waited until that went in to release 11.0 instead of frustrating people. Now it'll sit in weeklies for a month and the "stable only" folk won't see it until then. Why do they keep rushing releases like this? :sigh:

Lakitu7 fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 17, 2010

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Lakitu7 posted:

Why do they keep rushing releases like this? :sigh:

In this case, the holidays. They'll probably get at least one more stable release before everybody goes home.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Heresiarch posted:

In this case, the holidays. They'll probably get at least one more stable release before everybody goes home.

I agree. Also: they got version 11 out for year 11.

Yellow Jesus
Jul 18, 2003

Lakitu7 posted:

This used to happen a lot in some older 10.x builds but I haven't heard about it in a long time. Did you do an upgrade install? Temporary move your profile folder (to turn it into a clean install) and see if the problem goes away. I suspect it will. That sounds like the type of WIERD poo poo™ that happens with upgrade installs sometimes.

Fresh install on a fresh install of win7 so its kind of confusing. Deleting the profile folder didnt help either

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Oh, well, I have no explanation then, sorry. :(

Cedra
Jul 23, 2007
They still haven't fixed the fact that clicking on tabs (but NOT depressing them) switches focus to that tab - I can't drag tabs into speed dial since 10.5. It's a minor issue but it's really convenient to use SD as a current bookmarks function and I'd rather not use the actual list menu which feels a little clunky to me.

Also very nice to know you can turn off URL hiding, unlike in Chrome.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

So has anyone figured out how to make pinned tabs full sized, and not just the goddamn icon? :geno:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Asimo posted:

So has anyone figured out how to make pinned tabs full sized, and not just the goddamn icon? :geno:
Unfortunately the only way to do it right now is to revert to an older Opera version.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

gibbed posted:

Unfortunately the only way to do it right now is to revert to an older Opera version.
Why the gently caress would they do this? They're useless as they are now, tiny little loving things. :ughh: Fine, I'll just unpin it all. I've used you for a decade Opera, you're not helping me like you here.

vvvvv Yeah, didn't realize just how dumb it was until seeing for myself.

Asimo fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 18, 2010

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Asimo posted:

Why the gently caress would they do this? They're useless as they are now, tiny little loving things. :ughh: Fine, I'll just unpin it all. I've used you for a decade Opera, you're not helping me like you here.
Yeah, I ranted about this some posts ago.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Now that I've a new computer with Windows 7, I've been thinking of checking out my other browser options; can Opera have Adblock and vertical tabs? I feel naked without vertical tabs.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

YggiDee posted:

Now that I've a new computer with Windows 7, I've been thinking of checking out my other browser options; can Opera have Adblock and vertical tabs? I feel naked without vertical tabs.

Adblock is inbuilt and you can either set the tabs to the side or use a scrolling and resizable sidebar to show all the tabs on either side.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

i dont know but i like the small pinned tabs. except i wish they acted even more like in chrome, so if you closed them their icon would stay there.

Reith
Jul 23, 2007

YggiDee posted:

You can either try the Adblock extension (which I've heard mixed things about) or import the Fanboys Adblock list into Opera's built-in content blocker, which I've always done. It works great.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Tab stacking is... not the most useful thing. I'm stacking my tabs but rarely collapsing them. I'll probably have one tab stack I collapse for "poo poo I need to read later" or something. I hate to say it, but there's a decent chance I'll be switching to FF4 when it gets released. If I don't like FF4's tab management system, I can probably find an extension that will make me like it. Tab stacking just isn't enough.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...
ok I give up. how do I install an extension?

https://addons.opera.com/addons/extensions/ is completely nonfunctional for me.

and the download link on
https://lastpass.com/misc_download.php

does nothing but give a couple seconds worth of an hourglass.

edit:system restart and it seems to be working. sheesh. still confused why the opera extensions site wouldn't even load.

thrawn86 fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 19, 2010

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

thrawn86 posted:

ok I give up. how do I install an extension?

Either download this directly: https://addons.opera.com/addons/extensions/download/lastpass/1.70.13/

Or go here and click install: https://addons.opera.com/addons/extensions/details/lastpass/1.70.13/

Make sure you have the latest version of Opera installed.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

^^this was after a brand new update only minutes before, seems like the restart fixed everything.

YggiDee posted:

I haven't tried adblock on opera, but fanboys list with operas flash-on-demand enabled is pretty great.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I just installed like 15 extensions... all of them own :dance:

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?

Hirez posted:

I just installed like 15 extensions... all of them own :dance:

which ones? I am looking for good extensions.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Satire Forum Mom posted:

which ones? I am looking for good extensions.

The gmail notifier, Tinyeye addon, Turn off The lights, some image saving one (called IMEX)... Just little things that I never "needed/wanted" but ever since getting them earlier I love them :v:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
What would it take for Opera to fix their retarded proxy handling system? When I start Opera, it asks for the proxy password on every single goddamn tab. This has been going on for years and years and it never gets fixed. What do they think, I want to use a different password for the same proxy on 20 tabs? :rant:

uncle wrinkles
May 27, 2006

WOW I AM A SHITTY POST COOL HUH
I'm on the latest beta - am I the only one getting white boxes where embedded Youtubes should be? Youtube.com works just fine, but any <video></video> stuff on the Forums is just a white box.

I've tried clearing the cache, restarting, and turning Javascript off and back on (just for the hell of it).

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Dirk Muscleton posted:

I'm on the latest beta - am I the only one getting white boxes where embedded Youtubes should be? Youtube.com works just fine, but any <video></video> stuff on the Forums is just a white box.

Do you have plugins disabled in your site preferences?

uncle wrinkles
May 27, 2006

Wheany posted:

Do you have plugins disabled in your site preferences?

Nope, they're enabled.

Edit: Youtube links "load", inasmuch as if I mouseover the white screen, I get the "click here to activate and use this control" tool tip that you usually get on Youtube embeds - but no amount of clicking will do anything.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
Use the Flash Uninstaller to make sure it's cleanly removed, then reinstall the plugin.

Also, there is no "latest beta"; Opera 11 went final and there have been no beta or preview releases since.

uncle wrinkles
May 27, 2006

Heresiarch posted:

Use the Flash Uninstaller to make sure it's cleanly removed, then reinstall the plugin.

No dice. But I did get desperate enough to re-install FF and the problem exists there too, so it's obviously not an Opera-exclusive bug. :downs:

Thanks anyway, though!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Is there a way to turn off suggestions in the address bar, or at least move them below your history?

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie
The new gestures are really screwing with me. Have people worked out the idea sensitivity, should I set it high or low?

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
I've pretty much heard both high and low, but either way they've confirmed that it'll be reverted back to the old way very soon, so if you can hold out until they start releasing again after the holiday, do.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Using the NoAds extension without any trouble, downloaded and imported the easylist which gives good blocking. It's got some weird sites in it's default whitelist.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Unparagoned posted:

The new gestures are really screwing with me. Have people worked out the idea sensitivity, should I set it high or low?

its still better than gestures in chrome :/

Which version of opera should I uninstall? my browser defaults have been hijacked by the old "opera 11 alpha" program, but in the add/remove programs menu both are simply labeled "opera 11". opera:about in both browsers lists opera 11 build 1156.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
I don't really know what to say besides "whichever one you're not using"? Look at whatever shortcut and see. If the point is that there's multiple in add/remove programs and you can't tell which corresponds to which, I'd just kill it manually.