Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Click here for the full 960x1280 image.

I finally got my Vintage V100! It was a bit of a story though.

I ordered one in flamed honeyburst from Dolphin Music on the 2nd of December with a next day delivery for the 3rd. Unfortunately the snow dropped like crazy and it was delayed until "next week", and then when asking on the tuesday of that week, I found out that it was pushed back until the following week again. This wasn't Dolphin's fault, they shipped it out on the 2nd, the courier however just sat on it and pushed the blame over to Dolphin.

In the end I got pissed off, cancelled the order and ordered with Merlin Music. I decided to go for a Cherry sunburst after seeing a couple in another music shop.

That was supposed to arrive on the tuesday of this week, but unfortunately the shop's supplier ballsed up and didn't process the order, so the owner of the shop gave me a call and said to come in and take away one of their other V100s which was in Tobacco Sunburst just to get me going. The one pictured finally got to the store yesterday and I swapped them over. Really cannot fault the service I got at merlin.

Grabbed the Roland Micro from a Pet/Music shop 2nd hand. Yeah, you read that right, they sold guitars, amps, effects pedals, goldfish, mice and squeaky dog toys. Odd combination!

By the way, guess what's in that box to the left of the guitar? That's right, it's the flamed honeyburst V100 I originally ordered on the 2nd! It was pretty amusing seeing as Dolphin had ordered the courier to do a return to sender. They were pretty apologetic and I now have staff discount with them. I'll probably take them up on that later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gingivitis the wart
Aug 14, 2005

I'm the best you will ever have.

Gorilla Salsa posted:

It is a stick click, I wish it were a subdrop or at least something assignable. The Cymbals are really what I bought it for, SD by itself has dick for crashes and chinas.
You know you can create extra x-pads and assign them to any Toontrack sample you have right? If you have the Electronic EZX, I'm sure there's a bass drop in there somewhere.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
My "bring this to any home-party" ultra-mobile, ultra-compact gimmick setup is completed!

It consists of:

iPod touch 4g

KORG Kaossilator

KORG miniKaosspad

Click here for the full 800x701 image.

Belkin Rockstar

Roland Mobile Cube

Click here for the full 600x466 image.

The iPod and Kaossilator are run into the Rockstar, which is run into the Kaosspad, which then connects to the Mobile Cube. the iPod is usually running TouchDJ2 or Rebirth. If I feel like carrying it around, my netbook is connected aswell, running VirtualDJ or Reason. It's a pretty fun setup and not too expensive. Looking forward to the festival / free party season in the summer :)

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 18, 2010

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What? No Korg DS-10??

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

rt4 posted:

What? No Korg DS-10??

I would get this if I had a DS : /

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

rt4 posted:

What? No Korg DS-10??
Oh poo poo, I've never seen that before. Thanks for the heads up. Looks pretty cool.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Ah. I got a problem. I was going to buy a lovely Jazzcaster... Xaviere JT90. It's nice.
(example playing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2Buis3HmFc

But then I found what might be a deal to end all deals.
http://www.maldenguitars.com/store.htm
That Mozak looks fantastic. Anyone know Malden? Ever hear of them at all? If this is the real thing, I'm going to have to pull the trigger on this a month before I planned it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iil_Hdhn-3U This is the Malden I'm looking at. Telemaster. Either that or the Bulldozer SG copy. Such a brutal decision.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 21, 2010

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Warcabbit posted:

Ah. I got a problem. I was going to buy a lovely Jazzcaster... Xaviere JT90. It's nice.
(example playing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2Buis3HmFc

But then I found what might be a deal to end all deals.
http://www.maldenguitars.com/store.htm
That Mozak looks fantastic. Anyone know Malden? Ever hear of them at all? If this is the real thing, I'm going to have to pull the trigger on this a month before I planned it.

I haven't, but by their website they are moving their manufacturing to the US (New Mexico). So I would wait until then if you don't need it now. Get a made in the US guitar... stimulate our economy.... you know.... if nothing else, their old stock will get cheaper...

PWI
Jun 1, 2006

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
I apologize for the lovely quality, but my digital camera is from 2002 and I found it in a dumpster. Anyway, here's my Wurlitzer organ I scored at Goodwill for $50. Unfortunately, I have not yet found a way to stick my dick in it.

The thing is sexy as sex. One dead key, but besides that, near mint condition.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Oh, god, that is pure lust right there. Nothing like the rich tones of a Wurlitzer.

I pulled the trigger on a SG variant, myself.
http://www.maldenguitars.com/storeSubhuman.htm

Click here for the full 510x1500 image.

It looks a little more metal than I wanted, but that'll also solve that neckheavy problem most SGs have. And it's got a strat 25" neck which is what I really wanted.

And the deal. $275 shipped for $1200 of guitar. Seriously. Yow.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

betterinsodapop posted:

Oh poo poo, I've never seen that before. Thanks for the heads up. Looks pretty cool.

If you're thinking about buying it, I'd suggest waiting a little. There's a new DS module emulating the KORG M1, which looks really nice, but currently it's only available in Japan.

edit:

Here's a video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll4aGXzj7Vw

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
DS-10 was Japan-only for quite a while as well, but the text was always in English and DS is region-free.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
So I picked up a Sixty Five Reverb and 115 RH Sixty Five for $300 at a musician's swap. The thing looks as though it was in Hiroshima on August 6, 1945 and then toured with The Who for a few years. That said it sounds like a flippin' HIWATT at bedroom levels. It has the 12AX7 in the back, but no date anywhere in the head, so I have no idea when it was made. All I see is "8/80" on the preamp board and a huge "2" with some weird scribbles on the side of the chassis. It's rusty, but the transformers are in good shape, and despite it looking like it's fallen off a truck and then run over by said truck, it looks to be newly recapped and the tubes are fresh, so it's been maintained. Anyways, images exist.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Cymbal Monkey posted:

So I picked up a Sixty Five Reverb and 115 RH Sixty Five for $300 at a musician's swap. The thing looks as though it was in Hiroshima on August 6, 1945 and then toured with The Who for a few years. That said it sounds like a flippin' HIWATT at bedroom levels. It has the 12AX7 in the back, but no date anywhere in the head, so I have no idea when it was made. All I see is "8/80" on the preamp board and a huge "2" with some weird scribbles on the side of the chassis. It's rusty, but the transformers are in good shape, and despite it looking like it's fallen off a truck and then run over by said truck, it looks to be newly recapped and the tubes are fresh, so it's been maintained. Anyways, images exist.

I'd guess anywhere from '74-'77, but I'm no expert on MM heads.

Curious though... the emblems are switched. Usually the "Sixty Five Reverb" is in the bottom right, and the MM logo is in the upper left.

Scarf fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 21, 2010

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Warcabbit posted:

I pulled the trigger on a SG variant, myself.
http://www.maldenguitars.com/storeSubhuman.htm

Click here for the full 510x1500 image.

It looks a little more metal than I wanted, but that'll also solve that neckheavy problem most SGs have. And it's got a strat 25" neck which is what I really wanted.
How is this in any way a SG variant?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

DrChu posted:

How is this in any way a SG variant?

Ya, looks more like a Parker and a Viper had dirty, meaningless, and morally degrading sex and out popped this.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Scarf posted:

I'd guess anywhere from '74-'77, but I'm no expert on MM heads.

Curious though... the emblems are switched. Usually the "Sixty Five Reverb" is in the bottom right, and the MM logo is in the upper left.

That's how the holes are drilled... Odd...

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Cymbal Monkey posted:

Send me that guitar strap now please.

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo

Cymbal Monkey posted:

How do active strat pups sound?

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Duck and burger posted:

How do active strat pups sound?

It's got EMG SAs and the EMG SPC and EXG tone controls. It's got a massive, rich, complex and warm sound. One reason I think a lot of people are anti-active pup is it seems they assume that active pups should sound like passive pups but better. They don't, they're a different sounding pickup. They cannot replace passives and they're not meant to, but I'll take actives over passive any day.

On that subject, would anyone be interested in sound clips?

iostream.h posted:

Send me that guitar strap now please.

http://www.jeridesigns.com/modgilmourguitarstrap.htm

Right there.

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo

Cymbal Monkey posted:

It's got EMG SAs and the EMG SPC and EXG tone controls. It's got a massive, rich, complex and warm sound. One reason I think a lot of people are anti-active pup is it seems they assume that active pups should sound like passive pups but better. They don't, they're a different sounding pickup. They cannot replace passives and they're not meant to, but I'll take actives over passive any day.

On that subject, would anyone be interested in sound clips?

Yeah, I'd love to hear 'em. I don't much care for the normal strat sound, so if the SAs appeal to me, well, I've got new GAS.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Duck and burger posted:

Yeah, I'd love to hear 'em. I don't much care for the normal strat sound, so if the SAs appeal to me, well, I've got new GAS.

Here's a quick sloppy clip I whipped up a long time back for this purpose. First bit is the same EMG setup, then Fender SCNs.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Music store in town is closing, they had a Mesa F30 combo tucked in the back and it's exactly what I have been looking for in an amp. Awesome cleans, good mid-gain crunch, can kick in some modern metal high-gain poo poo, super small, perfect. I decide to wait on it due to money, but then I got a surprise bonus at work today. Headed straight down there, and it had just sold.

Every time I want something and decide to wait on it, it's gone. :(

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Awwww gently caress. I hate that more than anything. Usually the best thing you can do is to sit on a purchase like that for a day or two. When you finally decide to go for it and get all psyched and then it gets pulled out from under you... It's the worst feeling...

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Chows posted:

Here's a quick sloppy clip I whipped up a long time back for this purpose. First bit is the same EMG setup, then Fender SCNs.

Sounds good, man. I guess when I think about actives, I always think "chugga chugga palm mute" (which IS fun) but it's cool to hear the softer, smoother, side of actives. That sounded really nice and rich.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

washburn085 posted:

Ya, looks more like a Parker and a Viper had dirty, meaningless, and morally degrading sex and out popped this.

It _looks_ like a Parker, but it's wood, not composite, and it also looks like their Bulldozer, except with a extended top horn to hold the button in a handier place. And the Bulldozer is pretty clearly a SG. Except that the Subhuman has a Strat neck and not a Gibson.

Click here for the full 520x1500 image.

(Malden's Bulldozer. Also two hunnered bucks)

I dunno. I didn't want to call it a Parker because the composite and the pizeo pickups are critical to a Parker. You're right, it's more a Viper than a SG, but I didn't think of the Viper. (or rather I classify Vipers under a more general SG subheading)

Anyhow. It's shipped already. Here by the 28th. Aw. Yeah.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Dec 22, 2010

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

rt4 posted:

DS-10 was Japan-only for quite a while as well, but the text was always in English and DS is region-free.

DSi is region-locked. Not sure about the game, I just read about it recently.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

betterinsodapop posted:

It is, and the new version for DSi is pretty great, too.

:commissar:
(Formerly Colonial Air Force)

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Click here for the full 375x640 image.

Click here for the full 700x700 image.

What makes them special is that they're for a mandolin.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Warcabbit posted:

It _looks_ like a Parker, but it's wood, not composite, and it also looks like their Bulldozer, except with a extended top horn to hold the button in a handier place. And the Bulldozer is pretty clearly a SG. Except that the Subhuman has a Strat neck and not a Gibson.

I dunno. I didn't want to call it a Parker because the composite and the pizeo pickups are critical to a Parker. You're right, it's more a Viper than a SG, but I didn't think of the Viper. (or rather I classify Vipers under a more general SG subheading)

Let us know how you like it. I am interested to see how the quality is.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Warcabbit posted:

I like. Yeah, keep us updated.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
:neckbeard: Bass cab hunt status: OVER!!

$400, very dusty but practically new. Holy balls, this thing kicks with my 800RB.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Joining the early christmas present club, wife gave me this guitar last night. Don't have a good picture of my own, but I have the sunburst version.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Click here for the full 375x640 image.

Click here for the full 700x700 image.

What makes them special is that they're for a mandolin.

I use a Big Muff with my e-mando along with the vibrato and spring reverb on my '63 reissue Fender Vibroverb. Tweak the settings just right, you can make it sound like a loving flute. Fucks with people's heads every time.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

One of these - an ESP LTD b206sm six string bass. I have bought amps online, but never ever an actual instrument so I am a bit nervous. But based on the many positive reviews and the very reasonable price (roughly 400USD) I just had to give it a go.

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

"This is not only a security risk but we occasionally get pigeons roosting in the space as a result."
That is a beautiful instrument but I cannot stop staring at the bridge saddles.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

That said if it's like my bassist's bass it'll be solid as hell. Nice.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
I have that bass, and it is a nice bass. Here's a live shot:

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
I love that... whaddayacall it, the way the wood is visible and the texture and color of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders posted:

I love that... whaddayacall it, the way the wood is visible and the texture and color of it.

Spalted Maple. It's basically wood with a fungal infection.

EDIT: unless you meant the finish, which is a clear satin/matte finish.