Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jUnt_gjZPQ

Song owns, I've missed seeing Boy 8-Bit in NY so many times that I've resolved next time anything is happening I don't give any fucks I'm going I'll pass up whatever else is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Stuntastic posted:

Song owns, I've missed seeing Boy 8-Bit in NY so many times that I've resolved next time anything is happening I don't give any fucks I'm going I'll pass up whatever else is going on.

Nice av lol.

And that DJ Kue So Hood track has been blowing up my speakers all week. Fuckkkkk.

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

The Fresh Prince posted:

Nice av lol.

Forced a post in here since you'd be the only guys that would get it :shobon:

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

The Fresh Prince posted:

Nice av lol.

And that DJ Kue So Hood track has been blowing up my speakers all week. Fuckkkkk.

It's 100x better with the black and yellow vocals over it. Great loving track.

WhatsInTheBox
Aug 11, 2010
I keep slipping on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BZd4jCu3LU

AcidRoot
Apr 15, 2010
I'v only skimmed through this thread past the first page so I'm not sure if this has been asked. Are there any other good electronic/house internet radio sites besides di.fm and somafm? I just started to get into it and would like more to listen to.

An0
Nov 10, 2006
I enjoy eating After Eights. I also enjoy eating Old El Paso salsa with added Tobasco.

AcidRoot posted:

I'v only skimmed through this thread past the first page so I'm not sure if this has been asked. Are there any other good electronic/house internet radio sites besides di.fm and somafm? I just started to get into it and would like more to listen to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio :)

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
Anyone else going to Major Lazer/Pretty Lights in chicago?

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

phractured posted:

If you live in Chicago and you aren't going... you should.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHQXornPHXM

This poo poo BANGS. Congorock OWNS forever.

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

phractured posted:

Christmas killed my funds for that...

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Congorock is the poo poo.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

Stuntastic posted:

If you live in Chicago and you aren't going... you should.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHQXornPHXM

This poo poo BANGS. Congorock OWNS forever.

It's kind of fun being one of the youngest people at these concerts. 17 is a golden age for some good shows.

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

phractured posted:

It's kind of fun being one of the youngest people at these concerts. 17 is a golden age for some good shows.

Just looked at your post history, we go to all of the same shows in the city, I'm 18. Do you have PMs?

Markattack
Jun 1, 2006

phractured posted:

I'm going both nights and could not be more excited. I love the hip hop flow PL brings to the scene. Derek is definitely a wonderfully talented producer. Also according to his facebook he has 9 new tracks to drop for both nights. Definitely expect yet another NYE EP from this super star.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

Stuntastic posted:

Just looked at your post history, we go to all of the same shows in the city, I'm 18. Do you have PMs?
Yeah i got that ish.

Also pretty lights is great. I have seen both Major Lazer and PL before and they both put on great shows. The live drumming is an awesome accompaniment for pretty lights.

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Now remember kids, no running, no diving, and no salt on my margaritas.
To all of you guys going to PL tonight at Congress, what time are you lining up, and how are you getting there? I'm gonna be walking up from the Blue line out of california/o'hare so I'll probably be there around 7 PM to line. Goon meet to stick together and push to the stage?

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

CanOfMDAmp posted:

To all of you guys going to PL tonight at Congress, what time are you lining up, and how are you getting there? I'm gonna be walking up from the Blue line out of california/o'hare so I'll probably be there around 7 PM to line. Goon meet to stick together and push to the stage?

I'm down. I'll probably be getting there around 7:15.

Muttonchop
Jul 12, 2008
Kind of an odd question, but does anyone by any remote chance know of any way of getting in touch with this dude:
http://www.myspace.com/quasarmusiq

I messaged him on myspace, but he hasn't been on since July, and I really really want to get high quality versions of a few of his tracks...

Zero Energy is my new italo-disco theme.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Oh Jesus help I cant stop listening to The Phantom's Revenge, someone help me please

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I was originally going to post this in the Music Recommendation thread, but after typing it up I thought perhaps the fine folk in this here thread would know more about what I'm looking for.

I need some recommendations/suggestions.

I'm looking for more really good techno(/electronica/house/???) music that's similar in style to some remixes I already have. Here's a few examples of the style I'm looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR1MPMb01HE
(Especially the bit starting at 1:48)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfVQEVKPwDg
(Again, especially the bit around 1:51)

I guess basically what I'm looking for is music/remixes with the danceable instrumental parts thrown in the middle, like at the times in the videos above.

Sorry if this is a bit vague. Any suggestions?

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
Just some fun facts for any sneaker heads or hip-hop fans. Tonight Pretty lights was wearing a hat with an A on it from St. Alfred's in Chicago, and he paid homage to Eyedea by dedicating one of his songs. Fun concert. Although Switch didn't show up for Major Lazer; I wonder if the blizzard messed up his travel.

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

phractured posted:

Just some fun facts for any sneaker heads or hip-hop fans. Tonight Pretty lights was wearing a hat with an A on it from St. Alfred's in Chicago, and he paid homage to Eyedea by dedicating one of his songs. Fun concert. Although Switch didn't show up for Major Lazer; I wonder if the blizzard messed up his travel.

Switch hasn't shown up to very many shows recently, Diplo did it by himself at Electric Zoo too.

PatrickDomino
Apr 2, 2001
April's Fool.

Stuntastic posted:

Vandroid remixes are awesome. The Yuksek remix is abso fabul.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sizxxVFbssQ&feature=related

Muttonchop
Jul 12, 2008

Stuntastic posted:

Switch hasn't shown up to very many shows recently, Diplo did it by himself at Electric Zoo too.

I don't think Switch has anything to do with ML's live shows. The 2 times I've seen them, it's always been Diplo at the controls.

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

Muttonchop posted:

I don't think Switch has anything to do with ML's live shows. The 2 times I've seen them, it's always been Diplo at the controls.

I feel like I remember Switch being there at HARD NYC but then again that was before the 4loko ban and Skerrit poured Hennesey all over my face sooooooooo

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992

Stuntastic posted:

I feel like I remember Switch being there at HARD NYC but then again that was before the 4loko ban and Skerrit poured Hennesey all over my face sooooooooo

I was at this show too, no Switch to my disappointment. Skerrit bwoy totally makes up for it though, he ate it when he jumped off the ladder onto the stage.

RollingBoBo
Aug 25, 2008

living that high life

tonightttt

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
I really don't know what it is, but despite hearing "Like a G6" for over a year, I still adore this song.:ohdear:

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

phractured posted:

I really don't know what it is, but despite hearing "Like a G6" for over a year, I still adore this song.:ohdear:

thats because its A Good Song.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons
and the reason why switch is rarely at the shows is because he's a massive drunk who is constantly wasted and basically just sits at his home in LA making tracks.

LonelyAssCloud
Jul 28, 2010
Were any Aussie goons at this year's Summadayze? Amazing line-up; Chromeo, Justice, Boys Noize, Breakbot et al. Breakbot made me fall in love with funk and everyone else around me. Oh and Chromeo were just amazing. They're someone you have to see live if you even remotely like electro.

Calculon
Mar 19, 2006

WAKE UP AMERICA

LonelyAssCloud posted:

Were any Aussie goons at this year's Summadayze? Amazing line-up; Chromeo, Justice, Boys Noize, Breakbot et al. Breakbot made me fall in love with funk and everyone else around me. Oh and Chromeo were just amazing. They're someone you have to see live if you even remotely like electro.
So you're saying it would be stupid of me to miss them in February? And yeah that lineup is pretty great, I wish I could see breakbot live.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Just go to hear justice drop a few new tracks.

fake edit: in fact yes, that is a fairly good lineup.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
I wonder if Switch will make it up for Freezing Man, but honestly, it's all about Skerritt Bwoy.

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

LonelyAssCloud posted:

don't forget armand van helden, erol alkan, riva starr, aeroplane and yuksek.

i had a great day but the crowd doesn't make it easy.. about 5,000 guy there like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvmSCGHWfus

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
When Diplo showed up at hard he had Skerritt Bwoy and it owned because skerritt bwoy was just jumping around everywhere onstage.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Hard announced the inital lineup for their hard weekend (think hard 13, but there is no friday/saturday 13ths in march)

SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO (LIVE)
FAKE BLOOD
TENSNAKE
TOTALLY ENORMOUS EXTINCT DINOSAURS
EGYPTRIXX
BLONDES

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

phractured posted:

The first time I heard this song I thought they were singing "Mac & Cheese sticks", and figured it was some stupid internet thing.

Its an awful song.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

incoherent posted:

Hard announced the inital lineup for their hard weekend (think hard 13, but there is no friday/saturday 13ths in march)

SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO (LIVE)
FAKE BLOOD
yes please, oh god yes

quote:

TENSNAKE
TOTALLY ENORMOUS EXTINCT DINOSAURS
EGYPTRIXX
BLONDES
uhhhhhhhh who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

Cyril Sneer posted:

The first time I heard this song I thought they were singing "Mac & Cheese sticks", and figured it was some stupid internet thing.

Its an awful song.
It's great. Any time it drops dance floors loose it too. It's like "One" but I don't want to stab myself when I hear it.