Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
7 grand and he doesn't even know if it will start, let alone run? How much is that hardware worth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

VideoTapir posted:

7 grand and he doesn't even know if it will start, let alone run? How much is that hardware worth?

I stopped paying attention to his wall of text when I read twin turbo diesel.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

A search for "donk" yields interesting results
http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/2074685976.html

Click here for the full 1276x767 image.

:shepface:

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 22, 2010

Lincoln Freak
Sep 11, 2001
The Surgeon General never said anything about smoking the competition!

In all fairness, a "Donk" is an old-school boxy car that has the suspension raised up to accept huge rear end wheels with low-profile tires.

Old boxy car - check

Raised suspension - check

Big rear end wheels - missing, but slap some on, and that is a funky car!

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
A twin turbo old GM diesel is the fastest way to be slower than the Vulcan 3.8L.

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

Lincoln Freak posted:

In all fairness, a "Donk" is an old-school boxy car that has the suspension raised up to accept huge rear end wheels with low-profile tires.

Someone once told me the term Donk is short for "Donkey", which is what the ghettofabulous thought the Impala emblem was. Therefore, Impalas were Donks.

No idea as to how true that is, but it makes me chuckle at the stupidity of it when I think about it.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Team140 posted:

Someone once told me the term Donk is short for "Donkey", which is what the ghettofabulous thought the Impala emblem was. Therefore, Impalas were Donks.

No idea as to how true that is, but it makes me chuckle at the stupidity of it when I think about it.
interesting. Did you know that in some parts and eras of australia (more common in the 60s, 70s and 80s), 'donk' means engine? ie: "what sort of donk does it have?" When asking what motor a car has. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/donk
The verb on that link though "to donk" on a bicyle must have been regional, because where I'm from, you 'dink' someone on a bicycle.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 22, 2010

DICTATOR OF FUNK
Nov 6, 2007

aaaaaw yeeeeeah
I think I may have found actual gold here:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2122397729.html

The temptation to go look at this thing is making me crazy, but I already have a 328i and an Austin America 1300 Mk2 project and I want to afford this so badly and :gonk:

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

root beer posted:

I think I may have found actual gold here:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2122397729.html

The temptation to go look at this thing is making me crazy, but I already have a 328i and an Austin America 1300 Mk2 project and I want to afford this so badly and :gonk:

E46 m3 in that mileage and price range are pretty easy to come by. Given that has been hit, I would not call it gold.

DICTATOR OF FUNK
Nov 6, 2007

aaaaaw yeeeeeah

Tai-Pan posted:

E46 m3 in that mileage and price range are pretty easy to come by. Given that has been hit, I would not call it gold.
Really? Must be a Washington thing, or I just don't look at Craigslist at the right time.

I should start broadening my searches... on the other hand maybe I shouldn't :ohdear:

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
Not exactly Craigslist, but quite a rare GMC Syclone turned up on eBay. :clint:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/marl...aa73a98f3#v4-37

_firehawk fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Dec 25, 2010

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

_firehawk posted:

Not exactly Craigslist, but quite a rare GMC Syclone turned up on eBay. :clint:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/marl...aa73a98f3#v4-37

$39k (reserve not met).

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
1997 BMW M3 race car, track ready - $5300 (West Houston)

Too big to screengrab, so here is the text and go check out the photos.

quote:

1997 BMW M3 sedan with an automatic
WBSCD0327VEE10394
161,900 miles

Built, but never raced. Seriously.

• Replaced the original tie rods, front control arms, sway bar links, rear control arm bushings, and trailing arm bushings with BMW M3 factory parts. We also put new Bilstein HD shocks on the back (fronts were already new).
• Replaced the cooling system with new radiator, metal thermostat housing, Stewart high-performance water pump ($205), hoses, mounts, and brackets. There never were any overheating issues, but we know that the plastic thermostat housings like to crack and the radiator was probably original to the car.
• Replaced the motor mounts because the originals were worn and would not hold up to a racing scenario.
• Had a full rollcage professionally installed ($2900) by the best rollcage guy in Houston, Lucas Automotive, who has done most of the Spec Miata cages in this area. This cage will pass any SCCA inspection and the welds are beautiful. There are tabs for a window net and bungs in the floor for a five point harness.
• Changed all the filters (tranny included) and changed the fluids with synthetics, and installed bungs for the temperature sensors in the engine oil and transmission pan but never installed gauges.
• Changed the pads and rotors on all corners with new BMW M3-specific pads/rotors, but we didn’t bleed the brakes.
• Installed new Sumitomo HTR Z III tires ($400) – fronts are 225/45-ZR17 and rears are 245/40-ZR17.

The good stuff:
I have receipts for all that stuff I mentioned before. And after all we’ve done to it, it drives fantastic – it starts right up and settles to a nice idle. It accelerates like an M3 should (fast has hell), and the suspension/steering is perfect with all the replacements we’ve done to it. Lastly, it stops on a dime because of the new pads/rotors. She’s ready to go. Car never overheats, even in Houston traffic. ASC still works, along with the cruise control, and the air-conditioning - yes, we left it in because it’s hot down here in Houston.

Lastly, we took it to Gus at Beverly Hills Motors in Houston (in business for over 30 years) and had him run a compression test yesterday (Oct 22nd):

Cylinder 1: 170 PSI
Cylinder 2: 175 PSI
Cylinder 3: 170 PSI
Cylinder 4: 180 PSI
Cylinder 5: 170 PSI
Cylinder 6: 170 PSI

We did this because we wanted any new buyer to know that the engine is fantastic; no issues including no leaks.

The bad stuff:
• It’s missing two VIN stickers on the front driver’s quarter panel and the hood. The car does not have any inner fender damage on the inside but the hood, the hood pad, and the front left fender have been replaced. The repaint on the quarter/hood is very good but it is hard to screw up white. Car had the original radiator and horns, so any damage was minimal.
• We didn’t put it on there, but the car has a cheap air intake on it. I only mention this so you wouldn’t think we bought it.
• The exhaust system has had the cats removed and an aftermarket can installed. The computer was not reflashed for this, so I think the car runs rich and there is a Check Engine light.
• The sunroof no longer operates.
• The windows no longer operate.

The car is on the west side of Houston; I am not a dealer. Clear title.

$5300 but the car does not come with seats

edit

Sockington posted:

$39k (reserve not met).

It's probably worth it, I see stock ones pushing $30k and this one is quite rare. I'd still rather have it in black and I'd rather have a Typhoon, but whatever.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 25, 2010

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

uhhhhh. All that work and it's still an automatic?

epix
Aug 7, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

It's probably worth it, I see stock ones pushing $30k and this one is quite rare. I'd still rather have it in black and I'd rather have a Typhoon, but whatever.

Marlboro's are drat rare, only 10 made. I was lucky years back and got to drive one of these Marlboro Syclone in Chicago that had 300 miles on the odo.

There was recently another one for sale (Ziggy Marley's once) that is now in Hungary that I believe sold for ~$50K range and had a little bit of cosmetic issues and many more miles on it.

I agree, for the price I'd be more happy with a low mileage Typhoon or Syclone. My Typhoon had 103K on it and ran great until I wanted to be a "tuner" and ended up overboosting it. Has been rebuilt correctly, but for anyone else out there looking at Sy/Ty's, do yourself a favor and either buy it stock and leave it stock! Or buy one that has already been modified correctly and save yourself A LOT of time and money.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Jorsh posted:

uhhhhh. All that work and it's still an automatic?

oh god I emailed the guy

quote:

We figured (a) the automatic would keep us from revving the car too high
while we were tracking it, and (b) we could always change it out later when
we were ready. A lot of manual-tranny M3s have had their engines stressed
to hell precisely from years of bad drivers; our car's engine was still very
tight at 161k miles.

:psypop:

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Baby Hitler posted:

A twin turbo old GM diesel is the fastest way to be slower than the Vulcan 3.8L.
The Mustang's V6 is in the Essex engine family, not Vulcan, but your point stands. It's a good troll car though. Stomp throttle, disappear in a cloud of black smoke.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Guy wrote a poem about his Ranger:

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2110542118.html

quote:

i have a realy good working truck..
everything works.i mean everything..!!
e/c (heat)
good motor
good transmicion
the inside is realy clean
good pain
give me a call
and we can work something
i need to sell it. fast
cuss i need to finish buying stuff for school
my name:michael
832-922-7048
ablo espanol..
$2000
call if u wan to
and buy it as it is.
thanks

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Here is another rocket scientist selling an automotive abortion. Not listing important information about the car you're selling like, make and model? Check. No price? Check. No location? Check. General apathy towards the listing? Double check.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

idiot posted:

you and i know what the car is worth

I feel like there might be some disagreement on this point.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
Probably a repost, but still funny.

http://jalopnik.com/5451040/also-on-craigslist-conan-obriens-old-volkswagen-for-95k

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Is duPont registry fair game?

2010 Plymouth Roadrunner Superbird

2010 Superbird #001-This very limited production vehicle just may be the only 2010 Superbird to exist. Equipped with every option available this Superbird is one of a kind. MSRP $99,950.

"Just may be the only 2010 Superbird to exist." God, I hope so.

"this Superbird is one of a kind". Oh good, glad we got that cleared up.

"MSRP" And that manufacturer would be who? Plymouth? Chrysler Corp? Joe's custom abomination shop?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cpaka
Jun 6, 2007

SkunkDuster posted:

2010 Superbird #001-This very limited production vehicle just may be the only 2010 Superbird to exist. Equipped with every option available this Superbird is one of a kind. MSRP $99,950.

"MSRP" And that manufacturer would be who? Plymouth? Chrysler Corp? Joe's custom abomination shop?

I feel bad for saying that outside of the silly little quarter panel vent and the wing, I almost kind of like it. Too bad there's not a frontal view.

Oh, and there's this...

Click here for the full 1190x672 image.

Cpaka fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 28, 2010

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Cpaka posted:

I feel bad for saying that outside of the silly little quarter panel vent and the wing, I almost kind of like it. Too bad there's not a frontal view.

Oh, and there's this...

Click here for the full 1190x672 image.

You mean from the top of this very page?

Cpaka
Jun 6, 2007

VideoTapir posted:

You mean from the top of this very page?
I had missed it. Sorry :(

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

SkunkDuster posted:

I wont lie. If they did enough to the engine to make that wing necessary, I would buy that.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Cpaka posted:

I had missed it. Sorry :(

Nah, yours is different. He cut the price down to $2500 :v:

Also sup Florida buddy.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
What good judgement:

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

SkunkDuster posted:

I think this was a one-off that was comissioned by Chrysler for the show circuit/mopar masturbation. Could be worth money some day if that's actually the case.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The usual. I will accept nothing less than $4000 for my near-20 year old hacked up non-running Honda Civic. Have some pictures of me obviously beating the poo poo out of it with MODZZZ.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/322936/fs-cheap-non-running-jdm-civic-4000/

quote:

Fs: Cheap non Running JDM Civic *$4000* quote:

Vehicle Details
Year : 1992
Make and Model : Honda civic
Exterior Color : Black
Interior Color : Grey
Auto or Manual? : Manual
Odometer Reading : 142xxx
Location of Vehicle : Calgary
Description :

***ONLY TRADES BEING ACCEPTED ARE BIKES***

I dont think theres much to say about this car plenty of beyonders know it by now the only reason theres a new thread is because my old one was deleted so couldnt bump it. People that think 4 grand is too expensive just stay out of my thread i wont be very flexible because all you need to do is spend $600 on another motor and the car can be right back to running so im already taking a massive loss. If potential buyers are interested i do have a new motor and engine mount set that can go with the car for extra. My rims and most of the turbo stuff is gone so look in my part out thread for greater detail.
Extras :
Blackworks racing coilovers
Beaks lower tie bar
asr subframe brace
powerslot rotors
hawk pads
cf spoon duckbill
Graffiti'd hood and front lip
Pioneer flip out dvd deck *not installed*
Momo steering wheel
Autometer phantom 2 oil pressure and boost guages
Autostart starter/alarm
*cage is also gone*
Asking Price : $4000obo

Contact Information
E-Mail : divahnm@gmail.com
Phone : 605-6380

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Sir Tonk posted:

Guy wrote a poem about his Ranger:

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2110542118.html

he's right about the "good pain" part.

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi
Want a JDM-tyte prom? The next epic bosozoku project? Price is a bit high though...

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

krysmopompas posted:

Want a JDM-tyte prom? The next epic bosozoku project? Price is a bit high though...

I like it a lot for a Sebring camping car and if it were 3 grand, I'd probably be packing a road trip bag right now.

Edit: More pics from Mecum: http://mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=SC0509-78927

madattheinternet fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 30, 2010

exhaust heat
Dec 23, 2010

by Lowtax

krysmopompas posted:

No not a Cressida :(

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
The limo driver gets leather seats, but there's cloth in the back?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

krysmopompas posted:

Wow that would be a slow vehicle, the 5MGE wasn't a ball of fire in the first place.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

You Am I posted:

Wow that would be a slow vehicle, the 5MGE wasn't a ball of fire in the first place.

How many people really care if a limo is fast?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
At least no Fieros were ruined to make this. :unsmith:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/reventon-Lamborghini-2010-/260711699312?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cb3a0d370#ht_500wt_1182

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

I think the right emotion might be
At least no Fieros were ruined to make this. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Throatwarbler posted:

The usual. I will accept nothing less than $4000 for my near-20 year old hacked up non-running Honda Civic. Have some pictures of me obviously beating the poo poo out of it with MODZZZ.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/322936/fs-cheap-non-running-jdm-civic-4000/

I always love the ads that try to entice you by saying "just needs X amount of dollars and it'll be worth twice as much!"

If that's the case, why doesn't the seller just do that and make the extra cash?