Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

TheJoker138 posted:

During on of her SNL performances didn't she have live back up singers instead of a backing track?

This is a couple pages back, but her SNL performance of Paparazzi used backup singers and live instrumentals. I think it's a pretty cool remix as well; I'd definitely buy a Mp3 or a CD with it included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Pingiivi posted:

So here's the pics. Don't mind the ghetto-kitchen-table-product-shoot location.

loving AWESOME

:aaaaa: that is loving AMAZING

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!

Nuns with Guns posted:

This is a couple pages back, but her SNL performance of Paparazzi used backup singers and live instrumentals. I think it's a pretty cool remix as well; I'd definitely buy a Mp3 or a CD with it included.

Fernando Garibay briefly posted the SNL remix on his website earlier this year, here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?oyimt4wdyjs

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Here's a kinda lovely picture of my Halloween costume.

Not a lot of people on 6th Street in Austin got it but on Sunday night I ran into an AWESOME girl dressed up as Gaga in Telephone when she is the waitress in the diner. I forgot my drat camera and wish I didn't....

edit: Haha I just found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYK0HCuLO2w

Haha holy poo poo this costume owns. Post that in the halloween thread in GBS if you haven't already.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Gaga won Best Pop, Best Female and Best Song (Bad Romance) awards at the MTV EMAs.

California Gurls won Best Video :downsbravo:
e: and Linkin Park won Best Live.

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 7, 2010

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

And then swing your swift sword, sister
Swing your swift sword now
Swing your swift sword, sister, sister
Swing your swift sword now
Pssh. Linkin Park ain't got no tentacled anglerfish stage monster or H.R. Giger pianos.

VVV A truly astute analysis, sir.

realqueenbetty fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 8, 2010

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Angryhead posted:

California Gurls won Best Video :downsbravo:

I don't think you understand the deep symbolism of the video.

First off, Snoop Dogg represents the classic figure of the Pater Familiaris, exerting control over all in his kingdom, represented by the game board :snoop:

The first exploit of Katy Perry in the video is to free another scantily-clad girl from within a bubblegum bubble. Thus delivering her from a Freudian latency stage and into sexual maturity, though we see that Katy herself, through most of the video, is not sexually mature, and has a strong oral fixation.

In the next scene, Katy is scene climbing trees to escape from candy snakes, very obvious phallic symbols, which Katy rejects.

Katy rescues another girl, this time from a cube of gelatin, and from a plastic wrapping, again representing latency stages. Katy has served as a messenger of adulthood, while still playing the role of child herself.

The end of the video features Katy spraying whipped cream from her breasts. Katy has obviously reached sexual maturity and become pregnant, though not of her own choice. In theory, Snoop Dogg has exerted right of Jus Prima Noctis, the right of a Lord to take the virginity of any serf's daughter in his estate.

The final scene shows Snoop Dogg :snoop: and his army of gummi bears surrendering to Katy Perry and the other maidens, showing that, through acceptance of her sexuality, females truly own the world. At the videos very close, Snoop Dogg is buried up to his neck in sand. The monarchy has been overthrown by the true heirs to the throne, the female body.

What's Lady Gaga got? Gays are gay? Heh :smug:

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Sockser posted:

First off, Snoop Dogg represents the classic figure of the Pater Familiaris, exerting control over all in his kingdom, represented by the game board :snoop:

The first exploit of Katy Perry in the video is to free another scantily-clad girl from within a bubblegum bubble. Thus delivering her from a Freudian latency stage and into sexual maturity, though we see that Katy herself, through most of the video, is not sexually mature, and has a strong oral fixation.

In the next scene, Katy is scene climbing trees to escape from candy snakes, very obvious phallic symbols, which Katy rejects.

Katy rescues another girl, this time from a cube of gelatin, and from a plastic wrapping, again representing latency stages. Katy has served as a messenger of adulthood, while still playing the role of child herself.

The end of the video features Katy spraying whipped cream from her breasts. Katy has obviously reached sexual maturity and become pregnant, though not of her own choice. In theory, Snoop Dogg has exerted right of Jus Prima Noctis, the right of a Lord to take the virginity of any serf's daughter in his estate.

The final scene shows Snoop Dogg :snoop: and his army of gummi bears surrendering to Katy Perry and the other maidens, showing that, through acceptance of her sexuality, females truly own the world. At the videos very close, Snoop Dogg is buried up to his neck in sand. The monarchy has been overthrown by the true heirs to the throne, the female body.

...and so this thread goes full circle, beginning again with a new OP deeply analysing a pop diva's music.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

My gen ed requirements have all been fulfilled by classes on analyzing fairy tales. I can't help it :saddowns:

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Edited so nobody would get their hopes up for nothing :v:

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 23, 2010

Devour
Dec 18, 2009

by angerbeet

Sockser posted:

You should get out more.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Neena posted:

Fernando Garibay briefly posted the SNL remix on his website earlier this year, here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?oyimt4wdyjs

That's awesome, thanks for the link!

I also love that T-shirt and am currently debating buying it.

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

Entartete Kunst posted:

You should get out more.

You don't think pop culture is worthy of serious analysis?

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Nam Taf posted:

...and so this thread goes full circle, beginning again with a new OP deeply analysing a pop diva's music.
I know this is weeks old but that the OP's posts were by far the best posts in this thread, you guys shouldn't sleep on them.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

het posted:

I know this is weeks old but that the OP's posts were by far the best posts in this thread, you guys shouldn't sleep on them.

Honestly, I loved it. It was hilarious, I thought at the time when it first popped up that the OP was either a pretentious wanker or a masterstroke troll but then came back and realised it was brilliant and true.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Angryhead posted:

Today only, for only 9$ + shipping
http://www.teefury.com/
Not sure whether I'll get it but I'm certainly considering it :3:

How did I miss this? :suicide:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I was in Columbus this past weekend and saw an ad in a local paper for Lady Gaga's upcoming (March) concert there, and her opening act is... Scissor Sisters! :neckbeard: :gay: :swoon: I thought they weren't touring in America any more.

Doctor Claw
Dec 25, 2007
I'll get you next time Gadget - next time!

Kuroshi posted:

I was in Columbus this past weekend and saw an ad in a local paper for Lady Gaga's upcoming (March) concert there, and her opening act is... Scissor Sisters! :neckbeard: :gay: :swoon: I thought they weren't touring in America any more.

Everybody has a price...

I just wish they were bringing Casey Spooner with them.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Entartete Kunst posted:

You should get out more.

Like I said,

Sockser posted:

My gen ed requirements have all been fulfilled by classes on analyzing fairy tales. I can't help it :saddowns:

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI
So, 6 Grammy noms.

Album Of The Year

The Suburbs
Recovery
Need You Now
The Fame Monster
Teenage Dream

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance

King Of Anything
Halo (Live)
Chasing Pirates
Bad Romance
Teenage Dream

Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals

Airplanes, Part II
Imagine
If It Wasn't For Bad
Telephone
California Gurls

Best Pop Vocal Album

My World 2.0
I Dreamed A Dream
The Fame Monster
Battle Studies
Teenage Dream

Best Dance Recording

Rocket
In For The Kill
Dance In The Dark
Only Girl (In The World)
Dancing On My Own

Best Short Form Music Video

Ain't No Grave / The Johnny Cash Project
Love The Way You Lie (Explicit Version)
Stylo
F*** You
Bad Romance

There's no way she wins AOTY, but I'd settle for Dance in the Dark winning best dance as a consolation prize. (Dancing on my Own would also be acceptable, since that song owns bones)

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Click here for the full 800x878 image.

Got that shirt today, looks great! Just a bit small for me, but I'm working towards being able to wear it comfortably!
See my lovely vinyl too :3:

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Angryhead posted:

Click here for the full 800x878 image.

Got that shirt today, looks great! Just a bit small for me, but I'm working towards being able to wear it comfortably!
See my lovely vinyl too :3:

The album is out on picture vinyl too? I have to get that to finish off the set.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
Totally hoping Bad Romance wins best short form music video

gently caress You is the only acceptable alternative

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I am still angry that the picture disc vinyls for the singles never came out in the US.

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010
I'm still angry that the guy who posted a picture of his shirt with the Dance in the Dark mask never told us where he got it.

It wasn't the normal album art one with her head swinging, but it looked something like this:

I just looked and the picture of the guy with the actual shirt on has gone down.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

TheJoker138 posted:

I am still angry that the picture disc vinyls for the singles never came out in the US.

You can buy them for like $8 a pop on discogs and ebay. They aren't exactly rare.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

cheese eats mouse posted:

You can buy them for like $8 a pop on discogs and ebay. They aren't exactly rare.

The problem is most of them are in Europe, and international shipping is expensive as poo poo and not worth it for singles.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

TheJoker138 posted:

The problem is most of them are in Europe, and international shipping is expensive as poo poo and not worth it for singles.

Eh I'm just going to buy in bulk from one international seller. Makes everything cheaper on shipping charges.

Hello $5 singles from the UK.

That's whenever I get the $$ though. :(

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

So Gaga confirmed in a recent interview with BBC that the first single off Born This Way comes out in February with the album coming soon after in March. This is awesome as I am seeing her in April so there will be new material.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

the dlob days of summer
I can't help but think it'll be leaked sooner than that. :swoon:

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

So Gaga confirmed in a recent interview with BBC that the first single off Born This Way comes out in February with the album coming soon after in March. This is awesome as I am seeing her in April so there will be new material.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I bought my April tickets.

On a side note: I bought this shirt yesterday while I was out Christmas shopping.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Tonight there is going to be new news about Born This Way. I'm thinking it's either the release date or news about the first single.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Tonight there is going to be new news about Born This Way. I'm thinking it's either the release date or news about the first single.

Both!
Single- Feb. 13
Album- May 23

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

drat it the album still comes out after I see her :( This makes me wonder if the show will be the same Monster Ball from before. Oh well I'm sure she will add more dates.

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI
So she'll be debuting it at the Grammys I guess?

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

By the way I hope this is actually the album art.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

May is way way way too far away. Oh well :unsmith:

What's that picture from F.F.?

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

It was posted on Facebook, at least.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

It's the picture she posted in her tweet announcing the dates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediant
Dec 23, 2010

In Brightest Day...
In Dankest Night...
I can't find anyone to go to the Gaga show with me in Sacramento in March. All my friends would rather go see something like Interpol or Apocalyptica. I need new friends. :(

Burn Zone posted:

I was thinking the exact same thing when I bought my April tickets.

On a side note: I bought this shirt yesterday while I was out Christmas shopping.

That's undoubtedly my favorite Gaga shirt I've seen. Any link to where I can get it? (Google is failing me.)

• Locked thread