Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Surely we can throw Spider-man in there! --ItsWalky! (talk) 21:51, 13 October 2009 (UTC)

Spider-man is copyrighted, David. JeffreyAtW (talk) 21:57, 13 October 2009 (UTC)

I have an image of the Green Goblin on my hard drive that we can use. --ItsWalky! (talk) 22:00, 13 October 2009 (UTC)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
 :). In my opinion, art like the manga portrait is art as well. Also, it's quite difficult to find a good-looking piece of modern art because almost everything is copyrighted, such as Miyazaki's works (which of course, i'd love to include).

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Fie, video games have lots of purposes, as do most form of art. What is the main purpose of a painting? decoration? making money? Paintings have lots of purposes, as do movies, novels, and yes games! I do seriously call Pong and Pac-Man "art" - fairly primative art (in the sense in which a child's doodles are primative, not in the sense in which a hunter-gatherer culture's art is sometimes called primative), but art. Whether something is good art, is a seperate question from whether it is art at all. Pong and Pac-Man barely began to explore the key techniques of interactivity. Moreover, video games have come a long way from Pong and Pac-man. Games like Myst, Torment, Grand Theft Auto, Grim Fandango, or Nordic Arthaus LARPs aren't even primative art. Bmorton3 19:16, 28 July 2006 (UTC)

half the page is like this

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Total Fat Guy posted:

Reminder that this used to be the picture for the Art article

[citation needed][citation must be kawaii]

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

Lamont Cranston posted:

Fie, video games have lots of purposes, as do most form of art. What is the main purpose of a painting? decoration? making money? Paintings have lots of purposes, as do movies, novels, and yes games! I do seriously call Pong and Pac-Man "art" - fairly primative art (in the sense in which a child's doodles are primative, not in the sense in which a hunter-gatherer culture's art is sometimes called primative), but art. Whether something is good art, is a seperate question from whether it is art at all. Pong and Pac-Man barely began to explore the key techniques of interactivity. Moreover, video games have come a long way from Pong and Pac-man. Games like Myst, Torment, Grand Theft Auto, Grim Fandango, or Nordic Arthaus LARPs aren't even primative art. Bmorton3 19:16, 28 July 2006 (UTC)

i like how their justification is that lovely colleges have 'game design' programs under art degrees

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Total Fat Guy posted:

Reminder that this used to be the picture for the Art article

the anime i inadvertently hired to replace me claimed that anime had the "best, most accurate depiction of human relationships" she'd seen in any media

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

how does one hire an anime to replace oneself

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

regretfully

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Lutha Mahtin posted:

how does one hire an anime to replace oneself

na na nan a way cool

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

clarissa-chan oshiete yo

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

A screenshot of LimeWire PRO, showing a large number of parodies misattributed to Yankovic, as well as numerous misspellings of his surname. (February 2007)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WeirdAlLimeWire.png

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

Lamont Cranston posted:

grim fandango was really, really good

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

TenementFunster posted:

grim fandango was really, really good

i've played just about every other lucasarts adventure game, I never got to grim fandango though
been playing through monkey island 2 on my ipad and it's awesome

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Oh_I_say,_what_are_you_doing?_Come_down_from_there_at_once!_Really,_you're_making_a_frightful_exhibition_of_yourself.

edit: list of wikipedia spergs

this may not be exactly what you're looking for but have you tried Category:Wikipedians who read A Song of Ice and Fire?

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 4, 2011

johndis
Jun 23, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

:swoon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:AutisticOtakuGirl

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

アニメ
dub
This user prefers to watch
his/her anime dubbed.

you can have her

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

got dat wmd posted:

please make this yospos sig divider tia

sigs on

(gotta see what html the forums generate for the sig divider)

: ~o ." YOSPOS, BITCH" cr ;
: 8===D ~o ~o ~o ;
8===D

that awful man fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jan 4, 2011

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

bet this list was twice as big before they reclassified assburgers as autism

:qq: "i'm not autistic, i'm a special snowflake who's better than everyone else"

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

This user believes GOD saves everyone - including YOU!
This user supports Anarchist ideas, although they are not an Anarchist themselves.
This user wishes there weren't that much chaos in the world.

This user thinks Family Guy is freakin' sweet.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

This user supports Anarchist ideas, although they are not an Anarchist themselves.
This user wishes there weren't that much chaos in the world.

I'm having trouble reconciling these

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lamont Cranston posted:

at least it mentioned mostly good games besides myst

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

this is the worst thing

quote:

:wtc:

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

JawnV6 posted:

ahahahaha

the donation banner's changed to say "please keep wikipedia free"

"ads!?!??!? omg no!!! that would hurt the integrity of the site" *paywall*

This actually makes sense. Newspapers and news broadcasts around here (and pretty much everywhere) usually live on advertisement and that gives the advertisers too much leverage.

What happened in my city was that the mayor and his organization ended up paying for the majority of the local newspapers' advertisements, being in charge of a huge part of their profit. Then, when the newspapers would run a story against the mayor, he'd threaten to remove all advertisement. It took maybe 8-9 years before the journalists got annoyed enough by it to disregard it entirely. In larger groups, these policies never really go away because you can just fire people and hire new ones.

Advertisement is a bigger risk to the integrity of a publication than a paywall, IMO. Paywalls might just kill it, but it'd go down with some integrity I guess?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sneaking Mission posted:

アニメ
dub
This user prefers to watch
his/her anime dubbed.

you can have her

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

this is funny actually

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
this, however, is not http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:BRC

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

got dat wmd posted:

please make this yospos sig divider tia

the_internet.png

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

this is the worst thing

:wtc:

p sure it's a fake guys. check user contributions

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Nevergirls posted:

p sure it's a fake guys. check user contributions

look if i had good research skills i wouldn't be looking at wikipedia in the first place

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I love how the annoying 4 month GIVE US MONEY PLZ banner has been replaced by an annoying THX 4 THE MONEY banner I thought the whole point of this was to make that go away.

Anyway I look forward to the next fund raising drive to start in mid February

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
he's missing out on the greatest opportunity to troll by not shutting it down for like a month just so all the people that spend 16 hours a day for the last 4 years reverting edits will all of a sudden find themselves looking in the mirror and seeing the empty husk that was once a human.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

he could use that space for life tips

"A reminder from Jimmy Wales: bathing at least once a week is healthy for your skin."
"Jimmy Wales is wondering why you care about trains so much."
"A helpful reminder from Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales: The truth is not 'original research'."

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
"Jimmy Wales reminds you: a dimly lit shot of your disgusting penis is not a proper substitute for a medical diagram"

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
I wish Wikipedia wasn't Facebook.

things aren't all bad:

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 4, 2011

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Jimmy Wales asks you: What anime has this concept appeared in?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Coffee Jones posted:

I wish Wikipedia wasn't Facebook.

things aren't all bad:

why does the popar culture section claim Family Guy is the most common, and not anime

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

qirex posted:

"Jimmy Wales is wondering why you care about trains so much."

new thread title found

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
what's the page on a worthless or insignificant subject with the most citations? the page on Family Guy has 173

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Hammerite posted:

what's the page on a worthless or insignificant subject with the most citations? the page on Family Guy has 173
i tried to find an anime that was full of citations and ran into :nws:this:nws: instead

look at the file history

also lmao the anime from http://i.imgur.com/i4Kdg.jpg is on the wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Deutsch: Eine Illustration des Begriffs Hentai, der in Japan für alles steht was als „pervers“ angesehen wird. Außerhalb Japans wird der Begriff für Zeichnungen oder Animationen im Stil von japanischen Comics und Anime verwendet, die Geschlechtsverkehr darstellen, oder zumindest die primären Geschlechtsmerkmale darstellen. Einzelne Bilder, die nicht einer Geschichte angehören, werden dabei häufig so gezeichnet, das die männliche Figur nur teilweise zu sehen ist. Dies soll, wie bei Erōges, dem Betrachter die Möglichkeit geben sich näher mit dem meist männlichen Part zu identifizieren.

English: Drawing to illustrate the concept of hentai.