Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

This brings poor CL photos to a new low:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

slidebite posted:

Oh Kijiji, why do you do this to me?

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-PANTERA-FOR-SALE-W0QQAdIdZ226465965

And why the hell can't I find an estate sale with stuff like that?

If I lived in Canada, I'd go give him a stack of hundreds tomorrow...

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Imperador do Brasil posted:

If I didn't value my marriage, I'd do the same.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

slidebite posted:

If I didn't value my marriage, I'd do the same.

My wife has learned to accept my car hoarding. I suggest you get your wife into treatment so she can also.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

slidebite posted:

Oh Kijiji, why do you do this to me?

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-PANTERA-FOR-SALE-W0QQAdIdZ226465965

And why the hell can't I find an estate sale with stuff like that?

Who do I have to murder to have this car? Name your target, and it will die.

I want one so bad :smith:

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jan 10, 2011

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what

IOwnCalculus posted:

I dunno, at least the one on the right isn't shaky.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

IOwnCalculus posted:

Genius, I need to put up a listing with an "artist rendition" of my car.

Dr Rocksalt
Oct 21, 2004

Tai-Pan posted:

I LOVE this kind of information. Please post everything. Can you pull things like "Ferrari" as well? The data suggests almost perfect U shape for the collectables. With enough data you could almost predict the exact month to buy a Ferrari 305 an have it start appreciating. Assuming the model holds and it is not that the 80's just sucked so much.

Yeah, I'll post most of the rest tomorrow. I re-wrote the program to make it much quicker and easier to work with. I'm working on having it read a new list of cities, but making a list of every craigslist site in the US is taking a while.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Sir Tonk posted:

Genius, I need to put up a listing with an "artist rendition" of my car.

Third graders draw the best cars. Sub it out to one of them.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

shoncook posted:

Yeah, I'll post most of the rest tomorrow. I re-wrote the program to make it much quicker and easier to work with. I'm working on having it read a new list of cities, but making a list of every craigslist site in the US is taking a while.

If you're snappy with parsing text, you can get it from one of the CL aggregators, like here:
http://www.crazedlist.org

this feed search has all of the urls in it:
http://www.crazedlist.org/index.cgi...mit=Get%20Feeds

Amykinz
May 6, 2007
Ok, I have a question for you guys. My husband bought one car, and we acquired another that he was going to fix up and sell. Life has gotten in the way, and now we're moving. Both cars are in that "not running, but about to" stage, and we'd like to sell them. I am going to put ads on craigslist, but I hate it when ads say, "mechanic's dream!", "just replace this fuel pump and it will work fine". I'm going to be truthful, but what do you guys recommend to keep my ads out of this thread?

(I know we're not going to make any money on these, at all, and we will not be selling them for much)

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
If it's true that the car "would be perfect with just a little TLC!" then you would have done it already. You're going to get lowballed by every single prospective buyer and it will be a huge waste of everyone's time.

Pay the money, fix the fuel pump, and sell it as "running, but not perfect."

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

If the price is really cheap, then people won't give a gently caress. I sold an '88 Volvo 240 recently for my mother-in-law - listed it as $200, not running, needs tires and a battery and maybe more, and I had people emailing me every five minutes on the drat thing. Two people started offering more and I ended up selling it in less than 24 hours for $300. Strangely someone ended up flagging it down literally as the buyer was handing me cash, probably because they were angry I wasn't responding to their emails in five minutes.

Best part was, they ended up swapping in a fresh battery and airing up the tires and drove away. Yes, if I had done that myself I might've been able to sell it for more, but based on the experience I had in '09 with selling my nearly identical Volvo - where it had recent tags and didn't need any work to keep going, and yet all I could get was $250 - I didn't want to dick around with it and just wanted the car sold ASAP.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Amykinz posted:

Ok, I have a question for you guys. My husband bought one car, and we acquired another that he was going to fix up and sell. Life has gotten in the way, and now we're moving. Both cars are in that "not running, but about to" stage, and we'd like to sell them. I am going to put ads on craigslist, but I hate it when ads say, "mechanic's dream!", "just replace this fuel pump and it will work fine". I'm going to be truthful, but what do you guys recommend to keep my ads out of this thread?

If it's really at the "about to run" stage - take the time and do it. Otherwise, unless they're something amazing, you'll get incredibly lowballed and rightfully so.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I am going to pretend that this car is hiding all kinds of rust and hidden problems (as Panteras are known to do) because it would KILL me to know this really was a cherry Pantera going for $35k.

There is a guy in Austin asking 25K for a busted up one with missing glass.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I'll admit, I'm an E31 whore and I always have my eye open for a candidate.

Found this today. It does have a pic, but it's not really necessary.

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Trade-BMW-for-corvette-W0QQAdIdZ253447290

quote:

I have a 1991 BMW 850i v-12. It's a bit to much power for me but I still want to stay in the sports car area. I'm looking for a corvette, viper or something in that catagory. If you would like more info please email me back. Car worth 20k

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Tai-Pan posted:

I am going to pretend that this car is hiding all kinds of rust and hidden problems (as Panteras are known to do) because it would KILL me to know this really was a cherry Pantera going for $35k.

There is a guy in Austin asking 25K for a busted up one with missing glass.
What do you guys think it's worth? Really? Honest question.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
I'd be cautious about it because of the Zeibart undercoating. My 68 Cutlass was Zeibart undercoated when new and the results were somewhat mixed. In areas where the undercoating stayed soft it has preserved parts amazingly well. In other areas, mostly where directly exposed to the weather, it hardened and separated from the surfaces it was protecting slightly, creating a moisture trap. The problem with this is it created areas that were severely rusted but hidden by the undercoating. Mostly the frame, which is being replaced.

Mine is an Ontario car, and I don't know how well the original owner looked after it, so it may not be typical of how that undercoating performs, though.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

slidebite posted:

What do you guys think it's worth? Really? Honest question.

If the whole car was rust free, original, with that kind of mileage? $45K on a bad day, $55K on a good day.

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 12, 2011

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Real gold?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2146213195.html

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

slidebite posted:

I'll admit, I'm an E31 whore and I always have my eye open for a candidate.

Found this today. It does have a pic, but it's not really necessary.

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Trade-BMW-for-corvette-W0QQAdIdZ253447290

A 300 HP, hilariously heavy car with an automatic transmission is just too much car for me, I'll trade it for a miserly Corvette or Viper any day!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I'm so conflicted.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/2155011312.html

I really like reeses... but not THAT much.

However for $2000 I could learn to like them a lot more.

part of me wants to buy it just to save it from further humiliation

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

madattheinternet posted:

A 300 HP, hilariously heavy car with an automatic transmission is just too much car for me, I'll trade it for a miserly Corvette or Viper any day!
Not to mention he thinks it's worth about twice what it really is.

Nidhhogg
Feb 5, 2010

https://wi.somethingawful.com/35/35b33ed8e6aae0238d5c7874d0dbe54387c5696f.png

https://wi.somethingawful.com/f8/f844ff50aab0313c7b86b797e134b7429b4539ef.png

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/2152301144.html

It has no engine or transmission, but don't worry. The parachute works.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/2145298340.html

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Nidhhogg posted:

It has no engine or transmission, but don't worry. The parachute works.

It's actually not all that unusual to see rolling race cars sold like that. Happens all the time with domestics; that way you're not restricting yourself to buyers who only want to run whatever class you were running. You may have set the car up for a turbo rotary, but someone else may want to put a NA rotary in it, or a V8, or something else altogether.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Don't bring that to California, no way it'll pass the safety and emissions inspections.

Nidhhogg
Feb 5, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

It's actually not all that unusual to see rolling race cars sold like that. Happens all the time with domestics; that way you're not restricting yourself to buyers who only want to run whatever class you were running. You may have set the car up for a turbo rotary, but someone else may want to put a NA rotary in it, or a V8, or something else altogether.

Yeah it seems like he made a drag car out of it, but to just turn a rx7 into a dragster seems insulting. Turning a wonderful would be track car into a straight-line beast defeats the purpose of designing a car to handle well.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Nidhhogg posted:

but to just turn a rx7 into a dragster seems insulting. Turning a wonderful would be track car into a straight-line beast defeats the purpose of designing a car to handle well.

Nothing wrong with that. People can do what they want with their money. I wouldn't blink if someone stripped their 911 GT2 and replaced it with custom drag suspension.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Nidhhogg posted:

but to just turn a rx7 into a dragster seems insulting. Turning a wonderful would be track car into a straight-line beast defeats the purpose of designing a car to handle well.

Not sure why it would be insulting. Most people start with the car they have. Guy probably owned a clapped out RX-7 so he went from there.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Oh, craiglist, you card. :allears:

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I thought 1st gen RX-7's used to be fairly popular for drag racing thanks to their willingness to accept a SBC & live rear axle?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Piano posted:

Oh, craiglist, you card. :allears:

Maybe it's 100 years old. :colbert:

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

Click here for the full 1280x702 image.

in mint condition just past safety and e test 2 3 months ago there is 18' chrome rims i would want 5500 for car with rims brand new tires on them too
there are minor problems need abs pump its unplugged because when you shut engine off the abs pump still make a loud noise air bag light is on, headlight light is on looks like a bulb i dont know why its on i have brand new blue lights installed and you just need a plug to take off windshield fluid light and check engine is on but i think it just has to go to mercedes and hook it up to computer and reset all the dash light other then that very very fast car its super charged with around 250 horsepower very luxury rides smooth with normal rims and tires and with rims rides a little rough but better then lots of cars with rims mercedes suspension is far more superior then a normal car there is no winshield motor or wiper bought car like that i just spray rain x on it and works excellent. there is also chrome accessories on car , chrome pillars chrome bumper pillars front and back chrome trimming along both sides of car starting front to back i also have chrome for wheel wells but didnt install yet you will have to put stock radio back in it because i have a clarion dvd plater in it but still have original radio all. the car is full loaded but no sun roof heated seats all tan leather very good shape for 99 and only take premium gas 91 octanine and up only

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Doctor Zero posted:

Maybe it's 100 years old. :colbert:

Or a Peterbuilt.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
You were probably wondering what you were going to do with your tax rebate right, well if your rebate is right around $60,000 you can pick up this sweet ride.

Painted by Christian Lassen! What a bargain!

While I kinda like the blue fade, the fact that you will roll up in a Ferrari with Dolphins ensures girls will laugh at you and men with six-pack abs will constantly jump in the car with you. Not there is anything wrong with that.

http://austin.craigslist.org/ctd/2158193204.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 14, 2011

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Tai-Pan posted:

You were probably wondering what you were going to do with your tax rebate right, well if your rebate is right around $60,000 you can pick up this sweet ride.

While I kinda like the blue fade, the fact that you will roll up in a Ferrari with Dolphins ensures girls will laugh at you and men with six-pack abs will constantly jump in the car with you. Not there is anything wrong with that.

Oh I've seen worse:

http://meteoriteviper.com/

What's that on the hood?

Oh.

Having seen this viper in person it really is as hideous as you imagine.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I want it.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Tai-Pan posted:

I was hoping that was the text of the ad, but alas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Tai-Pan posted:

Is that the artist who had his horribly painted lambo at his shop at Caesar's Palace a couple years ago?

poo poo makes me want to put my face through a wall more than Thomas Kinkade. WAY more.

edit: 15000 points!

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jan 14, 2011