Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shock.wav
May 25, 2009

jassi007 posted:

Just redid my office, ikea style. Sorry the pics are slightly fuzzy, my sony cybershot is dying.

Wallpaper link please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mrk posted:

Rather a big alarm clock there ¬_¬

New keyboard set up today, Logitech K750 Wireless Solar Powered. Absolutely excellent!

I wanna masturbate ontop of your keyboard. Where did you buy it? I'm not seeing it on Amazon.

edit: Duh, always helps to just go directly to the source: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard/devices/k750-keyboard?wt.mc_id=global_pr-k750_redirect_112010 Not that much for what looks like a sexy keyboard.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 12, 2011

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

mrk posted:

New keyboard set up today, Logitech K750 Wireless Solar Powered. Absolutely excellent!

Do you get alot of natural light in your room (does it charge from any light)? How do you like it so far?

Phenwah
Feb 3, 2003

Phenwah fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 5, 2023

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Footboy posted:

:lol: Is it bad this is the first thing I thought of as well?

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

what the f/2.8 is going on here!

Footboy posted:

Hehehe!

Moey posted:

Do you get alot of natural light in your room (does it charge from any light)? How do you like it so far?

Actually I don't lol! But saying that, my monitor is big so gives off some light directly above the keyboard and ambient light when I'm hardcoring it in games or whatever is 20~ lux. The keyboard charges off any light source, obviously the stronger the better (150 lux for the best charging). I have had it since Monday and the battery reserve is still 100% and i have used it pretty much up to 2am each night since then.

The K750 will run for 3 months in complete darkness by the way.

I have written a little review on Neowin if you're interested, plus with more pics:
http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/967310-logitech-k750-wireless-solar-keyboard/page__p__593578886#entry593578886

I said come in! posted:

I wanna masturbate ontop of your keyboard. Where did you buy it? I'm not seeing it on Amazon.

edit: Duh, always helps to just go directly to the source: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard/devices/k750-keyboard?wt.mc_id=global_pr-k750_redirect_112010 Not that much for what looks like a sexy keyboard.

What has been seen...

It works out even cheaper if you have an old Logitech device that you can trade in as they give you a 20% off voucher code. Well worth it, the KB feels solid!

KingEup posted:

Oh god must have.

You know what to do man :p

mrk fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 12, 2011

Bow-street Bastard
Mar 27, 2010

mrk posted:

Rather a big alarm clock there ¬_¬

Where did you get that Xbox controller stand? Been looking for something similar for ages.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Bow-street Bastard posted:

Where did you get that Xbox controller stand? Been looking for something similar for ages.

Here you go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Venom-Xbox-360-...=item20b4d309a6

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

It's actually a Netgear router stand that I kept from an old router!

Bow-street Bastard
Mar 27, 2010

mrk posted:

drat. I use rechargeable batteries so there is just needed one that will hold the controller without it needing to charge or anything. The search continues! That keyboard is loving sexual though, it's been said before but I had to say it again.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Footboy posted:

Haha! Very clever!

For real, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/wallpapers/bosses?view#/thestonecore

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
Got my arms today. Installing the vesa kit on the iMac and Cinema Display is an absolute bitch. gently caress you apple. Also the Ergotrons are gorgeous but for these displays you need to crank the tension until your hands hurt or else the display sinks. I was afraid of overturning the bolts before hand so I waited until I had them on the desk to tighten it. Big mistake. I can't wait for the new office furniture and room for the third display.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Looking very nice! The silver of the MX matches the Cinema displays nicely.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

mrk posted:

What has been seen...

It works out even cheaper if you have an old Logitech device that you can trade in as they give you a 20% off voucher code. Well worth it, the KB feels solid!

What? If you send in an old logitech device they send you a keyboard for 20% off? How well does the solar charger work?

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Yes: http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/349/7016?WT.ac=ps|7041

The charging works in any ambient light and charges while on or off or in use. I've been using mine since Monday and have gamed each night with it and used it up to around 2am. Battery meter still reads 100%.

thethirdman
Aug 8, 2007
Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins. Leave death to the professionals.

mrk posted:

Yes: http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/349/7016?WT.ac=ps|7041

The charging works in any ambient light and charges while on or off or in use. I've been using mine since Monday and have gamed each night with it and used it up to around 2am. Battery meter still reads 100%.

Really cool. Is it fairly thin? I use the Apple aluminum keyboards and like their thinness. Is it as thin as those?

Here's the trade-in link for US customers:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/349/7077

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Very thin yup, it's thinner than my HTC Desire but the Apple keyboard is a bit thinner although there isn't much in it I guess.

The K50 is heavier though and looks the part whereas the Apple looks out of place on any desk that doesn't have other Apple devices too.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
I just ordered 2 of those solar powered keyboards.

If you're Australian, it's on special: http://www.logitechshop.com.au/logitech-wireless-solar-keyboard-k750.html

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

chimz posted:

On glass? I'm worried about shattering the desk by putting too much leverage on the very edge and getting stabbed in the balls by a three foot long shard of glass. I'd be putting two Cinema Displays on separate arms.
How far is your wall? With a glass desk wall mounting could be the ultimate option. Would make it look so drat clean.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Science isn't about why, it's about why not.

Saukkis posted:

How far is your wall? With a glass desk wall mounting could be the ultimate option. Would make it look so drat clean.

The wall is right behind the desk, but I'm in an apartment, and reluctant to drill big holes in the wall. Maybe if I just attach a two-by-four to the wall at the studs, then attach the arms to that...

Click here for the full 1446x1080 image.

The monitors are attached to the Mac Pro, the laptop stands on its own. (You can never have enough monitor space.) I don't think I'd mount the 2001FPs.

The wallpaper is a hard drive. I can't find any good four-monitor wallpapers of sufficient resolution and awesomeness.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Is that a Logitech MX Revolution mouse? I have the same one and it's the best mouse in the world.

What are you using for a laptop stand there?

Apps
Oct 3, 2009
lol at all that empty workspace.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Science isn't about why, it's about why not.

kombatMedik posted:

Is that a Logitech MX Revolution mouse? I have the same one and it's the best mouse in the world.

What are you using for a laptop stand there?

I had a Revolution before I got this desk, but it doesn't track on glass. I have a Logitech Performance MX now, which can, thus no need for a mousepad. The wire sticking out from the right side Cinema Display is the mini-usb charging cable, no nifty but finicky dock anymore.

The laptop stand is the Xtand Pro. It's pretty sweet, but expensive.

Apps posted:

lol at all that empty workspace.

I cleared it off before taking the picture, it was much messier. :v: Ditto for the displays.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

chimz posted:

On glass? I'm worried about shattering the desk by putting too much leverage on the very edge and getting stabbed in the balls by a three foot long shard of glass. I'd be putting two Cinema Displays on separate arms.

Pro tip for Coffee Jones: get a Logitech Performance MX, it can track straight on the glass Galant's surface with no mousepad magazine.

This MS one (Mobile Mouse 3500) with the blue light tracks just fine on any surface, WAY better than the red one. Eats up more batteries than red, though. I shouldn't leave it on all night without switching it off.
Glass tracks just fine, but I like the texture of the magazine.

And I sincerely doubt it'd shatter outside of being hit with a hammer - it's a half inch of tempered glass. It's meant to be a desk. Besides, the cinema displays go in the center of the metal frame, not near the edge.

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 19, 2011

got your nose!
May 3, 2008

and i'm not giving it back
How I like it looking:

Click here for the full 1800x1350 image.

How it usually looks:

Gave me an excuse to clear it off though

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

mrk posted:

The D-Link one work just fine too :)
Can I send in any old Logitech crap to get my 20% voucher? I've got a cruddy old keyboard that I bought for a fiver.

Clown fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 20, 2011

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Yup any old Netgear device is fine by the looks of it, it's to promote recycle/re-use where applicable.

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
They won't be happy if I sent in an old Netgear network card, considering it's Logitech :)
I just need to work out a way to have a desk in my room now...

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Balls, I meant Logitech, not Netgear!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

got your nose! posted:

How I like it looking:

How it usually looks:

Gave me an excuse to clear it off though

This reminds me: are there any desk headphone stands for <$10? I don't feel like paying $30 for a piece of plastic.

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

Anal Volcano posted:

This reminds me: are there any desk headphone stands for <$10? I don't feel like paying $30 for a piece of plastic.

As is usually recommended in the headphone megathread, he's using a banana stand, which you should be able to get for dirt cheap.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Anal Volcano posted:

You can get banana holders from ikea. You're welcome

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Anal Volcano posted:

Take your pick, http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=banana+stand&x=0&y=0

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
:stare:

Welp, thanks y'all.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have a desk headphone holder, it's called my desk, i put my headphones on the surface of the desk and it works really well. Hope this helps.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

2nd monitor (U2311H) arriving soon, and it'll probably be to the left of my current U2407 (which'll probably shift over a bit to the right)!

Not sure if the size discrepancy will piss me off, if it does, guess I'll just have to buy another U2311H...

Chompsky Honk
Aug 28, 2009

by T. Finninho

Zorilla posted:

As is usually recommended in the headphone megathread, he's using a banana stand, which you should be able to get for dirt cheap.

There's always money in the Banana Stand.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Click here for the full 894x656 image.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Gearing up for a zombie invasion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Does anyone else remember when five or so posters came into the thread and posted pictures which all contained a gun, a jug of milk, and something else (I forget) on the desk?

Is this the start of another one of those?

In other news: Don't those TVs make your eyes die when you sit that close?