Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.
If I were bowling and heard black metal, I'd blow my load for:

Darkthrone - Too Old Too Cold
Windir - Blodssvik
Gorgoroth - Rite of Infernal Invocation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bowling black metal?

Have to go with Taake - Doedsjarl

That said, and while it isn't black metal, I don't think you could go wrong with Finntroll for bowling metal.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Gr31lly posted:

Early Impaled Nazarene rules, pity it's well before 2000. New stuff is useless.

Anyway, keeping to your sub 6min rule:

Destroyer 666 - Ride the Solar Winds
Gospel of the Horns - Absolute Power
Witchaven - Black Thrash Assault
Flagellator - To Hell's Servants
Nifelheim - Bestial Avenger
Desaster - Nekropolis Karthago
Vomitor - Midnight Madness
Inquisition - Hail the King of All Heathens

Black thrashing loving madness. Every single one of these tracks is heavily thrash influenced and moves at an aggressive pace.

I approve, throw in some: Aura Noir, Morbid Saint, Perversor, Avenger of Blood, Sauronand Lethal (Swe), and a whole slew of others.

Pastry Mistakes fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 21, 2011

Lovely Primate
Jan 21, 2011

My favourite black metal album of all time is "Bergtatt" by Ulver, wich was my introduction to BM. Everyone owe it to themselves to give it a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Qrz1dH6jc

RHTITE
Dec 26, 2008
New Burzum album samples up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fallen/dp/B004KVY5QU/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296061344&sr=301-1

It sounds like the album is going to be really good riffs surrounded by really bad songs.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

RHTITE posted:

New Burzum album samples up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fallen/dp/B004KVY5QU/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296061344&sr=301-1

It sounds like the album is going to be really good riffs surrounded by really bad songs.

Whoa I didn't know it was close enough to have album art and samples and everything yet.

Oh wow, March 7th? I dunno why I thought it was May 7th. Awesome.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

The one track Valen sounds interesting as hell, but the rest kinda seem like rehashes of the song Glemselens Elv off of Belus. They all have that same kind of tremelo picking with a barchord type deal. (which he used on Jesus Tod, so whatever.)

RHTITE
Dec 26, 2008
Fallen is one of the worst albums I've ever heard in my life, regardless of genre, or any other measure. I'm not exaggerating when I say this. There is nothing good here and nothing worth hearing even once.

catbread.jpg
Feb 22, 2007
Sweet, saves me having to listen to it.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I have to admit, I've caught myself singing to myself "aahhhhh, jeg faller... oooohhhh, jeg faller..." a few times today. It's not terrible, but it's not as good as Belus. Take that how you want.

edit-- I take that back. 90% of the album is terrible. "Jeg Faller" and "Valen" are pretty good songs, though.

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 30, 2011

RHTITE
Dec 26, 2008
If there's a positive to be had with this album, it's that someone might steal some of the good guitar work there is here, and adaptive it for their own work, which may push it over the top into greatness. If nothing else, Varg does show that he still knows how to create a riff, even if he doesn't display it much on this album. The other thing that I like is his use of double and triple guitar lines all over this album. It's something that really doesn't happen enough, and I believe that it could be a tool that people should use more often. It can really push your music over the top.

Other than that, I'll cop to a teeny smidge of hyperbole in saying it's the worst album I've ever heard, but it is shockingly awful, and really has no redeeming value beyond a few nice aesthetic ideas. These songs are almost surely waste cuts from the Belus sessions that were taken and overworked and over thought before being shoehorned onto this wreck of an album. Literally everything tried, missed.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

QPZIL posted:

I have to admit, I've caught myself singing to myself "aahhhhh, jeg faller... oooohhhh, jeg faller..." a few times today. It's not terrible, but it's not as good as Belus. Take that how you want.

edit-- I take that back. 90% of the album is terrible. "Jeg Faller" and "Valen" are pretty good songs, though.

Yea, these are the only 2 stand out tracks. The rest really feel like Belus b-sides.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Oh come on, this album is NOT that bad. I haven't heard a song I've had to skip, but tracks 1 & 3 aren't songs. Sure it's not as good as belus, but there are far worse black metal albums released recently (new gorgoroth comes to mind).

RHTITE
Dec 26, 2008

Morbid Florist posted:

Sure it's not as good as belus, but there are far worse black metal albums released recently (new gorgoroth comes to mind).

That's kind of like recommending the poo poo salad to someone who tells you that they didn't enjoy the poo poo sandwich. Why settle?

Rock Strongo
Dec 24, 2004

"It's said he killed a dragon once...but not this time"
New Lifelover is great. Little overlong but up there with Pulver.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Morbid Florist posted:

Oh come on, this album is NOT that bad. I haven't heard a song I've had to skip, but tracks 1 & 3 aren't songs. Sure it's not as good as belus, but there are far worse black metal albums released recently (new gorgoroth comes to mind).

What? There's no way Belus is better than Quantos Pussy Blahsblah Satan Tranniehunt.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How did I not know there was a new Burzum coming out :psyduck:?
Maybe Varg is gonna pull a Trent Reznor and release new albums every other week, of questionable quality I might add.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

The new Negative Plane album is ridiculously good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x2wev_Jgy4

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

m-o-o-n posted:

Couple friends saw them in NYC a couple months back and said the show was garbage so I kinda wrote them off. However, that track sounds badass and I'll will be getting the album asap.

Giudecca
May 14, 2006

i'm so glad i'm better than you are.

Morbid Florist posted:

If I were bowling and heard black metal, I'd blow my load for:

Darkthrone - Too Old Too Cold
Windir - Blodssvik
Gorgoroth - Rite of Infernal Invocation

I just thought you should know that the top post on this page (91), and again on page 1, the top post is you talking about new Darkthrone.

smile.jpg
Jun 15, 2010

m-o-o-n posted:

Oh hey cool. Their debut was pretty loving sweet. Adding that album my bulging list of must hear albums!

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009
The new Burzum is alright, at first I was like, hey this is cool! but then after repeated listens it gets pretty boring. I only listened to Belus several times as well then quit listening to it.

Craft is my band right now, Craft loving rules, supposedly they were supposed to have a new album out last year but maybe it will come out this year, either way, gently caress the universe.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Giudecca posted:

I just thought you should know that the top post on this page (91), and again on page 1, the top post is you talking about new Darkthrone.

That's a really interesting fact, good work.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
Just realized there was a Black Metal thread here. I had posted other info for Decieverion a few days ago in the metal thread but we just posted the second track from our 7-inch that will be released after the summer. Bang your head.

http://decieverion.bandcamp.com/track/igniting-crimson-vengeance

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

m-o-o-n posted:

Just picked it up and it is awesome. Can't stop listening to it.

As for the new Burzum, that's another story. I literally fell asleep listening to it. It was just too soft and boring.

Cold Day
Jan 16, 2009
The new Lifelover is indeed quite good. Equal or better than their past albums. Although I do agree that it's a liiitle big drawn out.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009
What's everyone's favorite Gaahl era Gorgoroth album?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Funeral Mist posted:

Easy, Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam simply because "Carving a Giant" is my favorite Gorgoroth song.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

QPZIL posted:

Easy, Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam simply because "Carving a Giant" is my favorite Gorgoroth song.

Yeah I've been playing that song on drums quite a bit. Frost came up with some cool poo poo for it.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Funeral Mist posted:

Incipit Satan first, but AMSG is a close second. His vocals on the Grieghallen album are loving strong too.

His other projects are pretty good as well. Erotic Funeral by Gaahlskagg is just plain mean from front to back.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009
Procreating Satan is like the most brutal metal song ever.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

QPZIL posted:

I have to agree but I replace the favorite song with Sign of an Open Eye.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Morbid Florist posted:

I have to agree but I replace the favorite song with Sign of an Open Eye.

While Incipit Satan may be my favorite Gaahl album, Sign of an Open Eye gets my vote for favorite song as well. It bleeeeeds evil!!!

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009
I'd say Exit or Wound Upon Wound is my favorite song off of Ad Majorem. Sign of an Open Eye is great though, Gorgoroth always does the best slower tracks.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
So I have this ticket for Immortal and Absu at Sonar in Baltimore on the 20th and I might not be able to go. Any takers (not free but not full price)?

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17
New Moonsorrow album gets 5 out of 5 from Angry Metal Guy.

http://www.angrymetalguy.com/moonsorrow-varjoina-kuljemme-kuolleiden-maassa-review/

Still so long to wait until it's released. I'm going slowly nuts here waiting for it.

In other news, the new Fen album, Epoch, is really good, and they put on a great show last night at the release party. Also seeing Melechesh tomorrow which is going to be excellent.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009
My Gorgoroth Carving A Giant Drum Cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrTWrnk1xo0

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

I got a email saying the new Countess is out but the Barbarian Wrath site is all hosed up so the links to the mp3s don't work. The order link works so I went ahead and ordered it.

quote:

COUNTESS "On Wings Of Defiance" CD (WRATH049)
MP3 "Let The River Run Red" @ http://www.barbarianwrath.org/MP3/Countess_Let_The_River_Run_Red.mp3
MP3 "Sermon Of The Devil Preacher" @ http://www.barbarianwrath.org/MP3/Countess_Sermon_Of_The_Devil_Preacher.mp3
Order COUNTESS @
http://ww6.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm?u...+CD&price=10.00

Plasma1010
Jul 2, 2007

by T. Mascis

Funeral Mist posted:

Destroy if you count his one or two song contribution. But Trelldom is my favorite stuff of his. I think this song is Gaahl's strongest vocal contribution ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bjW0QoFB1c

Plasma1010 fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Feb 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Speaking of Countess, the BW guy posted the complete discography on their forum, for fun or something I guess.

Permafrost - Demo 1992
The Gospel Of The Horned One - CD 1992
The Wolves Awake - Demo 1994
The Return Of The Horned One - CD 1994
Promo 1995 - Demo 1995
Spherien - Demo 1995
The Wrath Of Satan's Whore - Demo 1995
Ad Maiorem Sathanae Gloriam - CD 1995
Burning Rome - Demo 1996
The Book Of The Heretic - CD 1996
Hell's Rock'n'Roll - MCD 1997
The Shining Swords Of Hate - CD 2000