Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
Oh yeah, I guess I never got around to the email. You can get me at gothsheep0-at-yahoo-dot-com

EDIT:

Gah, what a terrible new page. Let me offer up one of my favorite mechs instead: The Project Phoenix Rifleman!

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/images/d/d0/Rfl-8d_rifleman.jpg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009
Even though it's pretty clear Kell Hounds will win, count this as a vote for E, Free Worlds League 17th Recon Regiment.

I was never really much into Battletech, but now I have the urge to go reinstall MechCommander 2 again...

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Dux Supremus posted:

Even though it's pretty clear Kell Hounds will win, count this as a vote for E, Free Worlds League 17th Recon Regiment.

I was never really much into Battletech, but now I have the urge to go reinstall MechCommander 2 again...

I vote E, Free Worlds League 17th Recon Regiment as a big Marik fanboy, that said though I would sell my grandma for a Shadow cat. A mech that can outrun what it cannot outgun.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Hey PoptartsNinja!

You must have missed my post on page five. I too want to be a pilot/commander, please.

I have Platinum.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 22, 2011

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

PoptartsNinja posted:

The only thing a LAM will add to the game is a headache for me. I'm still undecided until I've had a chance to go over their rules, and god help you if you take a LAM against Clanners. They will break their honor code to kill it.

I always remember the fluff being that "LAMS were thought of as a way to make mechs more mobile and give air support, instead they both just ended up being terrible so the project was scrapped and never put into full production because of this."

Despite the whole "robotech" vibe that LAMS go for, they are either a slow ground mech without many weapons or a weak aircraft without many weapons. Mainly because i remember the conversion unit being hilariously heavy and bulky. So I'm glad you are stomping on the dreams of all those LAM believers, cause seriously...

However I do think that a more realistic threat would actually be a urban mech lance in a large city hidden in blinds :aaaaa: I've played that map before, it wasn't fun in heavies, in a light lance, it could be downright dangerous.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I think you also missed my request to be a mechpilot on page 6

Frankomatic
Aug 22, 2007

I've got to get a picture of this!
My sign up request on page three was admittedly really waffle-y and I'm probably better off lower down anyway, but I'll reiterate anyway.

I'd like to sign up as a Pilot/Commander. I've got PM ability so we should be all good to go.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
I signed up to be a pilot on the first page, but need to provide my email I guess, so my email is: deleted

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 23, 2011

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Agent Interrobang posted:

Resistance would be unfriendly. :3:

Just so this doesn't turn into a total derail: working on an Abridged History of the Inner Sphere, which I'll post in chunks once we start getting some actual battles going on.

Oh thank GOD! I was worried about not knowing who to shoot for a second there.

Although, from the looks of things, it's going to be a long, looooooooong wait before I get the chance to do anything with anything. :(:

I just want to crush my enemies under my 90 ton heel while laughing maniacally.

Is that so wrong? :negative:

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I see on the list you still need my email so here it is: rookie1300 at gmail.com

Can't wait to get killed by someone who knows what they're doing.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
... 9 pages in without a single true update... :drat:
Well, you did sorta turn the universe on it's head. this will be fun to watch play out.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I didn't supply an email because I can just use PMs, PTN. I can get you one if that would be better for you though.

Dominus Caedis
Sep 17, 2007
Stupid Noob
Just checking in with my e-mail address, you can get me at

Edit: removed e-mail since I got starred

Dominus Caedis fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 20, 2011

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, forgot to add that I have PMs. If an email would be more convenient I can supply one though.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
So the Kell Hounds seem to be winning? drat, I was hoping to vote for the Highlanders.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
My preference is for SA PMs.

Voting Results are in!

Kell Hounds win, with 24 votes!
Northwind Highlanders take second, with 8 votes. The Northwind Highlanders hold a caber toss to celebrate.
17th Recon takes for third, with 6 votes. The 17th Recon sends word that they are ‘plum disappointed’ that they won’t be able to introduce Radio Station KATN yet.

Kell Hounds

“We need you, Daniel. Hanse Davion needs you.”

Dan Allard sighed, looking into the weathered face of his father as he finished pouring two glasses of brandy. He passed the first to his father before settling in behind his desk. “I was never any good as a spy. I won’t be any better as a spymaster.” He looked away, knowing that his father wouldn’t—or couldn’t—respect any of his arguments. “I took an oath to the Kell Hounds.”

It was an argument they’d had many times, and Dan hated retreading old ground. He pulled out the biggest gun he had. “The man you really want is Justin.”

Quintus Allard’s eyes filled with pain, then went icy-cold. “Justin Xiang made his choice.”

“The wrong one,” Dan countered. “He’d come back, if Hanse pardoned him. If you reached out to him.”

“He’s in bed with House Liao,” Quintus replied, his anger and pain written starkly across his weathered features. “They’ll never let him go. He’s too valuable.” Quintus stopped, and let the next line pass unsaid. ‘I trained him too well.’ Instead, he finished “House Davion needs an Allard.”

“House Davion has an Allard.”

Quintus shot Dan a dark look.

Dan sighed. “What about Riva?”

Quintus looked away. He’d always had a soft spot for his only daughter. “She doesn’t want the job.”

“Neither do I,” Dan countered.

Quintus looked back sharply. “Riva, at least, has her research as an excuse.”

“I made an oath.”

“Morgan would release you from it, if you asked.”

“I’m not going to do that, Father.” Dan replied with a sigh. “At least, not yet. I’ll think about it once the Third Regiment is up to speed. After that,” he looked his father in the eyes, “I’ll consider it more seriously. Alright?”

“It will have to be, I suppose. Either way—”

“—Convincing me to be your replacement isn’t the real reason you’re here.”

“Prince Davion would be very appreciative if the Kell Hounds were to hit Cylene.”

Dan nodded. “The Ninth Deiron?”

“We’d prefer it if you took the whole planet for us, but we’ll settle for crippling the ninth within the next six months.”

“That’ll put serious pressure on Yorinaga Kurita’s defensive line.”

That drew a long, slow nod from Quintus. “That’s what we’re hoping. With luck, it will distract House Kurita from our real push.”

Dan nodded, dragging his fingers through his hair. “It’ll be a good chance to get the Third Regiment some real combat experience, too. Will you be staying long?”

His father shook his head. “I’m afraid I can’t. I’m needed elsewhere.”

“You could’ve used ComStar. It would’ve been less expensive than a command circuit.” Dan raised his glass to his lips.

Quintus smiled a small, sad smile. “Maybe—but even a quick visit was worthwhile. After this… I’m off to pay Justin a visit.” He watched as Dan almost choked on his drink, which would’ve been a shame—the brandy was a very good year that also, according to his sources, had been a gift from Colonel Patrick Kell.

The first update will go up after I get home from work tonight.

‘Mechwarriors for the first update (you’ll be receiving a PM / E-Mail once I get home from work):
Tempest_56 (GRF-1N Griffin)
Axe-man (BJ-1DB Blackjack)
Pladdicus (VLT-5T Vulcan)
Cthulhu Dreams (JR7-D Jenner)

Feel free to discuss the tactical potentials of this lance, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
So it begins :woop:

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
My email is adamcaverhill at gmail dot com

Realized I hadn't posted it! Hah.

Edit:

If I'm correct my mecha is http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Vulcan_(BattleMech) but instead of the autocannon I have

4x Medium Laser
1x Flamer
1x Machine Gun

Meaning long range is incredibly bad, but close-mid range is pretty deadly.

Pladdicus fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 22, 2011

Serril
Dec 31, 2007

Mort Fun Time
I hope it's not too late for me to put my name on the end of the list.

My email is serril at gmail dot com

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

Pladdicus posted:

My email is adamcaverhill at gmail dot com

Realized I hadn't posted it! Hah.

Edit:

If I'm correct my mecha is http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Vulcan_(BattleMech) but instead of the autocannon I have

4x Medium Laser
1x Flamer
1x Machine Gun

Meaning long range is incredibly bad, but close-mid range is pretty deadly.

Truthfully, your long range isn't all that much worse than before...

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Longinus00 posted:

Truthfully, your long range isn't all that much worse than before...

Was the autocannon just kind of mismatched with the rest of the loadout? Seems like it'd be good for a few shots while closing in but not much else once you got in there.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
Sound the alarm! You're going to be UNCOMFORTABLY CANONICAL!

:siren:An Abridged History of the Inner Sphere:siren:

Part 2 - Paradise Lost

With the Camerons at the helm, using the Terran Hegemony as a force for peace, the Star League prospered like no alliance before it. For over two hundred years, the shared wealth and resources of Star League member states propelled forward a golden age in human civilization. Though not even the Star League could ENTIRELY end the wars and grudges of those under its stewardship, the independent and impartial Star League Defense Force, or more precisely the threat of its deployment, kept conflicts from spreading too far.

When the widely-loved Simon Cameron died in 2751, the rulers of the Star League states became regents for the young and inexperienced successor, Richard Cameron. A melancholic and lonely boy, eager for approval, he allowed his regents to use their positions to gain economic and military advantages for themselves. The SLDF, organized as it was as an independent force, could do little about the situation. Desperate for friendship, Richard allowed Stefan Amaris, ruler of the Rim Worlds Republic from far out in the Periphery, into his court.

Amaris despised the influence and wealth of the Camerons like few others, resenting his minor title and rulership of a weak and unimportant state. Amaris quickly insinuated himself as Richard's chief advisor, currying power among the Hegemony's military, sowing discord and fanning the flames among the states of the Star League. All were caught unawares when he murdered Richard two days after Christmas in 2766, and took control of the Hegemony, and thus the Star League, for himself. As one of his first acts as Lord of the Star League, Amaris attempted to woo the SLDF Supreme Commander, General Aleksandr Kerensky, into serving as his mailed right fist, in order to crush the dissenting regents.

To say this was a fatal mistake would be to severely understate matters.

An unrelentingly honorable man, Kerensky saw Amaris and his traitorous ways as nothing less than an incarnation of the purest evil imaginable. For thirteen long years, Kerensky and the SLDF, backed by the Great Houses of the Star League, waged war upon Amaris, breaking the once-proud Hegemony apart piece-by-piece, systematically annihilating their military. On the 29th of September, 2779, Kerensky and the SLDF assaulted Amaris' stronghold on Terra. Faced with the proposition of being slain in battle, Amaris surrendered, hoping his noble rank would grant him some dignity in the eyes of his enemy. Kerensky, however, had other ideas, and Amaris, along with his closest aides, were summarily executed for crimes against humanity by the vengeful SLDF.

With the Hegemony divided up piecemeal by the Great Houses, and the Star League itself without any clear heir or line of succession, the Council Lords, realizing quickly that Kerensky was far too charismatic to leave in place, stripped him of his position as Protector of the Realm, and all SLDF forces were ordered to stand down. In 2781, the Star League High Council was disbanded, every Great House leader sure that they were the best choice to lead the League, and they retreated back to their territory to build their power base for the coming war.

When the Great Houses attempted to woo SLDF units within their territories to their side, Kerensky finally had enough. In 2784, he put forth a propostion to his men: they would leave the Inner Sphere for unknown space, to found a more perfect society beyond the influence of the ceaseless feudal infighting. To his surprise, over 80% of the SLDF consented, and in late November, they began their mass migration, which would come to be known as the Exodus, with the promise that one day they would return, to forge a new Star League.

But even as the citizens of the Inner Sphere wept for the loss of their greatest hero, the lords of the Great Houses plotted war.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
For reference sake:

Griffin GRF-1N:
55 tons
86.4 km/h top speed
1x PPC
1x LRM 10

Blackjack BJ-1DB:
45 tons
64.8 km/h top speed
2x Large Laser
4x Medium Laser

Vulcan VL-5T:
40 tons
97.2 km/h top speed
4x Medium Laser
1x Flamer
1x Machine Gun

Jenner JR7-D:
35 ton
118.8 km/h top speed
1x SRM-4
4x Medium Laser

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
The Jenner's a murderbox and the Griffin does well in the back (both of its weapons have a minimum range). The other two are just your run-of-the-mill medium mechs. Using the Jenner to flank and the Griff as fire support while the other two hold the line should work well.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

TildeATH posted:

The Jenner's a murderbox and the Griffin does well in the back (both of its weapons have a minimum range). The other two are just your run-of-the-mill medium mechs. Using the Jenner to flank and the Griff as fire support while the other two hold the line should work well.

I expect to explode this mission : (

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
(Knox beat me while I was typing all this up, I just figured it'd be nice to give especially the new people a one post reference and also provide some tactical guidance- if there is demand I will do this for all mechs that players get to drive. Is there?)

Capsule Tactical Briefs, presented for your convenience:

(note: minimum range isn't usually an absolute minimum, but inside that it gets progressively more difficult to hit)

GRF-1N Griffin

Movement: 86 km/h running speed, 150 m jumping distance (5/8/5)
Armor: 9.5 tons
Heat sinks: 12
Weapons:
1x PPC: Damage 10. Minimum range, 3 hexes; max range, 18 hexes. Heat 10.
1x LRM-10: Damage 1-10. Minimum range, 6 hexes; max range, 21 hexes. Heat 4.

Overview: Heavily armored sniper. Do not close with enemy mechs, you don't have anything that can work well in a close range brawl. Stay away, but stay in sight and keep hitting enemies from distance. You can't fire everything every turn; pick and choose your shots, don't let yourself overheat.

BJ-1DB Blackjack

Movement: 65 km/h running speed, 120 m jumping distance (4/6/4)
Armor: 7.5 tons
Heat sinks: 17
Weapons:
2x Large Laser: Damage 8 (each). Max range, 15 hexes. Heat 8 (each).
2x Medium Laser: Damage 5 (each). Max range, 9 hexes. Heat 3 (each).

Overview: Slow. Moderately armored, with weapons optimized to really shred things at close range but still able to hit at middling-long range so it won't be worthless against a fast, fleeing mech. Heat is again going to be a problem; firing all your weapons and running flat out will generate 24 heat, and you can dissipate 17. Give some of your weapons a rest every other round or so, or if you can't get a good shot.

VL-5T Vulcan

Movement: 97 km/h running speed, 180m jumping distance (6/9/6)
Armor: 7 tons
Heat sinks: 12
Weapons:
4x Medium Laser: Damage 5 (each). Max range, 9 hexes. Heat 3 (each).
1x Flamer: Damage 2 (and will also raise target's heat). Max range, 3 hexes. Heat 3.
1x Machine Gun: Damage 2. Max range, 3 hexes. Heat 0.

Overview: Fast, mobile, and built for one purpose: Close with the enemy and hit them with everything you have. Excellent city fighter. Heat is, again, a problem; lay off the weapons if you get too warm.

JR7-D Jenner

Movement: 118 km/h running speed, 150m jumping distance (7/11/5)
Armor: 4 tons
Heat sinks: 10
Weapons:
4x Medium Laser: Damage 5(each). Max range, 9 hexes. Heat 3 (each).
1x SRM-4: Damage 2-8. Max range, 9 hexes. Heat 3.

Overview: Extremely fast, and extremely poorly armored. Speed is your life. If anything gets a clear salvo in you're probably crippled- so don't let anyone get a bead on you. Your weapons are optimized for close in fighting, but heat is going to be a massive concern; hit and run tactics would be an excellent idea.

Overall: You have two small, speedy mechs whose job will be to get in close and unleash everything they have from close by. The Griffin should be hanging back and picking its targets, acting as fire support; the Blackjack is the hinge, it can close or stay back to protect the Griffin if an ambush is feared. Whatever it chooses, it's slow enough that it'll probably not be able to change its mind often.

E: I have the Blackjack with 2 medium lasers instead of 4...

Mukaikubo fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 22, 2011

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Because I'm bored, and I'm laid up with a sprained ankle: I'll go ahead and do something that will help us all know the Federated Suns a little better. Since i'm piloting a blackjack I thought i'd thought I'd throw in a old style fed mech.

Mechs of the Federated Suns

BattleAxe BKX-7K

Summary:
This is an old heavy mech that was one of the first to use the new Particle Projection Cannons in it's initial construction run in the late 2460's. To add to the agility of the mech they have put on jump jets to match the 64 km/h an average speed for it's time and it's weight class of 70 tons. However for a heavy mech it only carries 9 tons of armor, compared with the more famous Archer which is the same weight and has 13.5 tons of Armor on it.

Armament:
BKX-7K (initial run):
2 x Particle Projection Cannons
2 x Long Range Missiles-5
1 x Short Range Missiles-6

Technical Specs:
7 tons of standard Armor
15 heat sinks
no CASE
Ammo for 24 shots of LRM 5
ammo for 15 shots of SRM 6

My Thoughts: To be honest there are some good and bad things about this mech. It is average speed with jump jets that allows added agility to the design. The biggest failing I see with it, is the armor, with only 9 tons, it is somewhat lightly armored, but hits like a brick. With 15 heatsinks it can easily maintain 1 ppc and both lrms, but like all old IS designs it suffers from heat issues compared to clans, with an alpha strike taking a turn to vent the heat and a skill check to avoid shutdown. The lighter armor compared to other long range mechs of the age/weight and the lack of CASE seems to religate this to a 2nd string support mech.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 22, 2011

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
I thought first-run BattleAxes had nine tons of armor.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

You can sign me up as a potential pilot as well, I have PMs. I'm not a master but I'm decent at everything but light scout mechs.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Agent Interrobang posted:

I thought first-run BattleAxes had nine tons of armor.

these are the numbers I'm getting from my sources:

Armor: 128/217, i didn't do the actual calcs though so feel free to correct me

edit: I just checked and it was a typo i never corrected apparently whoops my bad

Mukaikubo posted:

BJ-1DB Blackjack

Movement: 65 km/h running speed, 120 m jumping distance (4/6/4)
Armor: 7.5 tons
Heat sinks: 17
Weapons:
2x Large Laser: Damage 8 (each). Max range, 15 hexes. Heat 8 (each).
2x Medium Laser: Damage 5 (each). Max range, 9 hexes. Heat 3 (each).

Overview: Slow. Moderately armored, with weapons optimized to really shred things at close range but still able to hit at middling-long range so it won't be worthless against a fast, fleeing mech. Heat is again going to be a problem; firing all your weapons and running flat out will generate 24 heat, and you can dissipate 17. Give some of your weapons a rest every other round or so, or if you can't get a good shot.

I think it the most important part is the fact it bleeds off 2 Large lasers per turn, thus allowing almost constant fire with them, the lack of ammo means that I can take the long shots, that other people would forgo either cause of worse heat issues, or ammo issues :v:

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 22, 2011

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Say what you will about the Battleaxe's armor issues, but it looks really cool and hits like a freight train. I remember using one to kill a Timber Wolf once (lucky, lucky, lucky rolls on my part, granted).

And yes, my GM was a jerk for sending me against a Timber Wolf.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
That's a lot of medium lasers in that lance.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Medium lasers are fine things: the white bread of battletech. Deal reasonable damage, don't have absurd heat, the only knock is the short range- and if you're fast, that ain' no thing at all. 's all good. If all else fails we can blind the Kuritan mechs with green light.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

Pladdicus posted:

Was the autocannon just kind of mismatched with the rest of the loadout? Seems like it'd be good for a few shots while closing in but not much else once you got in there.

The funny thing about the vulcan is that it's supposed to be an anti infantry mech. The blackjack variant picked also ditches the nigh useless default AC2s for lasers.

Mukaikubo posted:

You should mention in your summary that the mech loadout is very energy/laser heavy which, coupled with the large jump distances (useful for keeping squishy units alive), manes that heat management will be a real challenge for all units.

Axe-man posted:

I think it the most important part is the fact it bleeds off 2 Large lasers per turn, thus allowing almost constant fire with them, the lack of ammo means that I can take the long shots, that other people would forgo either cause of worse heat issues, or ammo issues :v:

It can bleed off two large laser shots + walking only. If it needs to run or jump (likely since it's the slowest unit by far) then the heat will start to add up.

Longinus00 fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 22, 2011

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Longinus00 posted:

The funny thing about the vulcan is that it's supposed to be an anti infantry mech. The blackjack variant picked also ditches the nigh useless default AC2s for lasers.

You should mention in your summary that the mech loadout is very energy/laser heavy which, coupled with the large jump distances (useful for keeping squishy units alive), manes that heat management will be a real challenge for all units.

Yeah, I mentioned it for each mech individually instead. The Griffin is the most 'balanced' mech heatwise, amusingly enough.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Pladdicus posted:

I expect to explode this mission : (

Explode if you're lucky, I'm hoping for some fiery inferno dying on your part.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Axe-man posted:

BattleAxe BKX-7K

Is this supposed to be some sort of replacement for the Warhammer? Same weight class, similar armament (swapping the medium lasers and MGs for some LRMs), named after a weapon, and the pic is VERY Warhammer-ish...

Longinus00 posted:

It can bleed off two large laser shots + walking only. If it needs to run or jump (likely since it's the slowest unit by far) then the heat will start to add up.

It should be noted that generating a point or two of heat per turn isn't catastrophic or anything; I don't have a heat scale handy but IIRC the really bad things don't start happening until after 8 or 12 points. Building up 1 or 2 points a turn is sustainable if you can manage to take an easy turn every once in a while (often happens because you don't have a shot for some reason) and even going all-out and racking up a lot of points in one turn works if you can either disengage right after or otherwise limit fire to slowly bleed off heat over a couple of turns.

Ah, the joys of the heat scale. :allears:

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 22, 2011

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
I should really not be carrying ammo, that just screams first death.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

WarLocke posted:

It should be noted that generating a point or two of heat per turn isn't catastrophic or anything; I don't have a heat scale handy but IIRC the really bad things don't start happening until after 8 or 12 points. Building up 1 or 2 points a turn is sustainable if you can manage to take an easy turn every once in a while (often happens because you don't have a shot for some reason) and even going all-out and racking up a lot of points in one turn works if you can either disengage right after or otherwise limit fire to slowly bleed off heat over a couple of turns.

Ah, the joys of the heat scale. :allears:

Well, in a scout-hunting/scouting situation, the 'real bad' stuff could be considered to come as early as at 5 heat, beacuse that's where you start to slow down. But yeah, there's almost no reason not to take an extra medium laser shot if you've got a decent chance to hit and it'll bring you up to 2 or 3 heat.

Also rooting for an ammo explosion would be in extremely bad taste so of course COME ON BOOM BOOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
With that many jumpjets and that little armor let's hope for mountains or at least thick forest. I love playing hit and run with lights and mediums.

When my turn comes around I have SA PMs PoptartsNinja

atelier morgan fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 22, 2011

• Locked thread