Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.

Bobfromsales posted:

This is a reference to Pulp Fiction if anyone didn't know.

And that's why the Notes about Nothing were such a genius idea.

The part of Pulp Fiction that it was referencing was itself a reference to La Femme Nikita.
And that's why the notes about nothing were such a genius idea.

Also

Kevyn posted:

What's the joke? I'm guessing something to do with actual nazis?
a lot of nazis fled to south america, specifically Argentina (that's where Mengele went), after the end of WW2.

MINT WIZARD fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jan 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010

safety dan posted:

The part of Pulp Fiction that it was referencing was itself a reference to La Femme Nikita.
And that's why the notes about nothing were such a genius idea.

Clearly I need to watch my Seinfeld DVDs again :eng101:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

safety dan posted:

I later knew the original reference but I thought this referenced Point Of No Return which was the American remake of La Femme Nikita. In that movie Harvey Kitel plays "The Cleaner" who covers up a botched hit job just like his character "The Wolf" in Pulp Fiction.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
Like you didn't call me... A PHONY!!!

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)

neoboman posted:

Like you didn't call me... A PHONY!!!

Man, that Michael Jordan is so phony!

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
You've had your buffer zone for long enough... It's my time to live, baby!!

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Jerry: How can you do this?

George: Jerry, let's face it, I've always been handicapped. I'm just now getting the recognition for it. Name one thing I have that puts me in a position of advantage. Huh? There was a guy that worked at the Yankees-- no arms! He got more work done than I did, made more money, had a wife, a family, drove a better car than I did.

Jerry: He drove a car with no arms?

George: Alright I made up the part about the car, but the rest is true. He hated me anyway!

Jerry: Do you know how hard it's getting just to tell people I know you?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bonzo posted:

I later knew the original reference but I thought this referenced Point Of No Return which was the American remake of La Femme Nikita. In that movie Harvey Kitel plays "The Cleaner" who covers up a botched hit job just like his character "The Wolf" in Pulp Fiction.

Huh for some reason I always remembered that movie being called 'The Cleaner'

hrpff
Jun 19, 2004
undercooked Wendy's burgers or something

El Negocio posted:

Jerry: How can you do this?

George: Jerry, let's face it, I've always been handicapped. I'm just now getting the recognition for it. Name one thing I have that puts me in a position of advantage. Huh? There was a guy that worked at the Yankees-- no arms! He got more work done than I did, made more money, had a wife, a family, drove a better car than I did.

Jerry: He drove a car with no arms?

George: Alright I made up the part about the car, but the rest is true. He hated me anyway!

Jerry: Do you know how hard it's getting just to tell people I know you?

I had a job where I was trained by a guy with no arms. He had an apparatus bolted onto his steering wheel that let him attach his prosthetic to it.

Come to think of it, he made more money, had a wife, a family, a better car, and I'm pretty sure he hated me. Man it sucks when I can relate to George.

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis
JERRY: (Jerry gets up and walk to these persons) Uh... Excuse me. I couldn't help but notice you offered her a piece of your pie.

WOMAN 1: That's right.

JERRY: And you waved it away.

WOMAN 2: Right.

JERRY: Did you give her a reason?

WOMAN 2: Yes, I was full.

JERRY: You were full. So you gave a reason. You didn't just shake your head.

WOMAN 2: No, I'm not a psycho.

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki6u2wcqt6A

Well, you already said spite so...

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
These pretzels.... ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Top of the muffin TO YOUUUUU!!!

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Don't get too obscure, guys.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

capnpayne posted:

Yeah, next thing people will be saying that they like De Soto....

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

capnpayne posted:

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

capnpayne posted:

I'm out!!!!

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, next thing people will be saying that they like De Soto....

the third guy?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

So, she's taking about her panties, so, uh.. So, I said, "You mean the panties your mother laid out for you?"

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Ehud posted:

So, she's taking about her panties, so, uh.. So, I said, "You mean the panties your mother laid out for you?"

The best part of this whole exchange is when Jerry whispers to George and he squirts the ketchup. Gets me everytime.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Yeah? Well, I had sex with your wife!

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!
Poor little Pinkus.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

BrandNew posted:

The best part of this whole exchange is when Jerry whispers to George and he squirts the ketchup. Gets me everytime.

I love how ANGRY George gets demanding to know what the hell "the panties your mother laid out for you" even means, and Jerry's exasperated,"I don't know!"

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 25, 2011

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I love how ANGRY George gets demanding to know what the hell "the panties your mother laid out for you" even means, and Jerry's exasperated,"I don't know!"

He doesn't really get that angry as much as he is baffled by it. His reaction to Jerry first saying it is just disbelief and also pretty great.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

GEORGE: In these matters you never do what your instincts tell you. Always, ALWAYS do the opposite.

JERRY: This is how you operate?

GEORGE: Yeah, I wish.

- "The Seinfeld Chronicles"

:aaaaa:

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
Oh no, Ponce de Leon is sold out...

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

neoboman posted:

Oh no, Ponce de Leon is sold out...

When Ponce looked in that mirror and saw that he hadn't changed, and that tear started to roll down his cheek? ... I lost it

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

"Why don't you just say the name of the movie"

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

Ungratek posted:

"Why don't you just say the name of the movie"

"Why don't you just tell the me the quote you want to remember?"

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Well, I haven't seen it referenced here yet, and I've never seen it on TBS or any other network that carries reruns, so I'm only going off my memory of watching the original airing...

Wasn't there an episode where Kramer transformed his apartment into two separate levels? As in, gave it an upstairs and downstairs? I remember laughing my rear end off as a teenager watching it. It must be one of the later seasons. Anyone who watched the DVDs recently want to help me out?

Also, did anyone else think it somewhat odd that Jerry very likely has some illegitimate children (or at the least has caused an abortion/adoption)? The episode referenced a few pages ago, The Set Up, George asks Jerry if he ever got anyone pregnant and Jerry responds that that information is "classified." But Jerry sounds surprised George has never "slipped one past the goalie" which makes it seem like something that he has done himself.

Of course, the episode ends with Kramer yelling that he may have gotten someone pregnant, but I don't think that gets mentioned again either.

Finally, I once got up and left my high school english class after making a particularly funny joke. George was an inspiration to us all!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Eclipse12 posted:

Well, I haven't seen it referenced here yet, and I've never seen it on TBS or any other network that carries reruns, so I'm only going off my memory of watching the original airing...

Wasn't there an episode where Kramer transformed his apartment into two separate levels? As in, gave it an upstairs and downstairs? I remember laughing my rear end off as a teenager watching it. It must be one of the later seasons. Anyone who watched the DVDs recently want to help me out?

You're probably thinking of The Pony Remark. Kramer talks about transforming his apartment to have "levels" but he doesn't go through with it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Eclipse12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQyXeLSL0II

Dont know the episode, but Im sure someone else will.

Oh no, its not that I dont think you can, I know you cant, and Im positive that you wont.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Cage posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQyXeLSL0II

Dont know the episode, but Im sure someone else will.

Oh no, its not that I dont think you can, I know you cant, and Im positive that you wont.

That seems like the premise, but I swear it happened in the show, and a later season. The problem being that with an 8-9 foot ceiling he only had about 4 feet to stand up. Now I'm questioning my whole existence.

Libandano Urfam
Apr 23, 2010
Minsk?

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Eclipse12 posted:

That seems like the premise, but I swear it happened in the show, and a later season. The problem being that with an 8-9 foot ceiling he only had about 4 feet to stand up. Now I'm questioning my whole existence.

This just sounds like some fantastic fever dream you had.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Eclipse12 posted:

Maybe you're thinking of the Merv Griffin set.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Eclipse12 posted:

That did not happen on Seinfeld.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I'm hoping this isn't a repost, because this is simply amazing.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1945934

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

^^^^ I never get tired of those.

tk posted:

That did not happen on Seinfeld.

Eclipse12 is gettin' upset!

Although that actually makes more sense, because it explains why I've never seen it since or heard it referenced.

Eclipse12 fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
You double-dipped the chip!