Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES

midge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pRKA6lqsfg

Just.....just leaving this here.

Someone please itemise whoever is in this, there's a vague memory of finding some of the people being familiar when I was 1, the fat bugger with the Eastenders cast and the black kids show (I assume) presenter in particular, along with those firefighters.

Hoops posted:

So I'm watching the third episode of Episodes, and it's okay enough and I'm perfectly willing to give it half an hour of my week (even though I'm not really a fan of Tamsin Grieg or Stephen Mangan), but something about the title sequence really, really annoys me and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Likewise, I think it's the music, it's a bit too... cliched? Twee?

edit: Watching the third episode, not to mention long-winded, thanks especially to the typing thing for 'previously' and 'episode x', along with the recap, although that's possibly due to the fact that it's also being broadcast in America and they seem to be big on that.

Wootcannon fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

midge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pRKA6lqsfg

Just.....just leaving this here.

John Leslie singing "Will not let you go" was quite prophetic.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
What the gently caress:
http://t.co/CX5NIHV
BBC iPlayer to lose radio content as part of online overhaul.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Erik Huggers, outgoing director of Future Media & Technology posted:

Radio and music will come out of BBC iPlayer, and we’ll develop a new stand-alone product

He's saying that it will be cheaper to build a standalone music/radio player than to integrate with iplayer. I'm not sure how that's meant to work, but it probably comes down to budget shuffling rather than actual savings.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
I watched Laura Hall: My Battle with Booze.

The phrase 'loving scum' is banded about a lot in this life...

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

goatface posted:

He's saying that it will be cheaper to build a standalone music/radio player than to integrate with iplayer. I'm not sure how that's meant to work, but it probably comes down to budget shuffling rather than actual savings.

I really don't get what they're thinking though. Nobody wants to have a multitude of different things installed to play different things. Iplayer is great because it has all of their media content on one site.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Sion posted:

I watched Laura Hall: My Battle with Booze.

The phrase 'loving scum' is banded about a lot in this life...

I quite enjoy the much milder 'Scum On The Run'.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Kin posted:

I really don't get what they're thinking though. Nobody wants to have a multitude of different things installed to play different things. Iplayer is great because it has all of their media content on one site.
Plus won't it gently caress up all the integrated iPlayer things on set top boxes and consoles and in tellies and poo poo? People would suddenly not be able use the radio content, and an additional app is unlikely...

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
On the subject of BBC iPlayer, here's a pretty good French film available on it:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00hq387/My_Best_Friend/

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Akuma posted:

Plus won't it gently caress up all the integrated iPlayer things on set top boxes and consoles and in tellies and poo poo? People would suddenly not be able use the radio content, and an additional app is unlikely...

Yeah, I thought the entire point of unifying all of their poo poo and hiding away the old realplayer versions of shows they used to have was to reinforce the integrated iplayer brand. Then they could just have a single on-demand branding.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

:eng101: But that's unfair to Murdoch because his online player is poo poo and therefore everyone else's should be poo poo as well

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Charlie Brooker's hair has a new series starting at 10pm tonight on BBC Two called How TV Ruined Your Life.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

Trin Tragula posted:

By the way, here is why Wikipedia is brilliant
The Gelf chief in Polymorph II was played by Ainsley Harriott? :psyduck:

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Yeah, way before he became a chef. They talk about it on the DVD.

Melche
Apr 29, 2009

Hoops posted:

So I'm watching the third episode of Episodes, and it's okay enough and I'm perfectly willing to give it half an hour of my week (even though I'm not really a fan of Tamsin Grieg or Stephen Mangan), but something about the title sequence really, really annoys me and I can't quite put my finger on it.

What does everyone think about Episodes? I like Tamsin Grieg and Stephen Mangan, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I just watched the first episode and the first 10 mins were seriously cringeingly rubbish "THOSE GAUCHE AMERICANS EH" crap, but it got pretty enjoyable by the end.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

I want to believe that all the talk of Matt LeBlanc's enormous cock in Episodes was an extra meta-layer for the jokes about actors dictating the script, but probably not. It's watchable but I was hoping for more from pretty much everyone involved.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
:barf:

quote:

MTV buffs up Jersey Shore for UK as Geordie Shore

It is the most popular show US music cable network MTV has ever had. Now the broadcaster is bringing its hit reality show Jersey Shore, in which eight impeccably groomed twentysomethings share a beach house on New Jersey's Atlantic coast, to the UK. The twist is that it will be based in Newcastle and renamed ... Geordie Shore.

MTV said it chose to base the series in the north-east because its residents know how to have a good time come rain or shine. "Jersey Shore is set in the summer and it is always summer in the north-east," said Kerry Taylor, the director of television for MTV Networks UK and Ireland. "No one wears a coat and Geordie girls are always out in their miniskirts."

The original US incarnation, which began in 2009, quickly became a cultural phenomenon and returned for its third series with 8.4 million viewers earlier this month. But it was not to everyone's tastes – one Guardian writer described it as making "Big Brother look like Dostoyevsky" – and it caused controversy after it was accused of stereotyping Italian-Americans. The UK version of the show will be made by Liverpool-based Lime Pictures, producer of another teen reality show, The Only Way Is Essex, which was a hit for digital channel ITV2 last year, and Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks.

Taylor said it would be "loosely based on the American show". "The things we are taking away is the great cast – memorable characters who are funny and brash but at the same time warm and get on with each other," she added. Fiona O'Sullivan, the head of factual at Lime Pictures, added: "We've already found some perfect characters to bring Geordie Shore to life and can't wait to get filming on what we believe will become the next big, must-watch, reality show." Geordie Shore will air on MTV in the UK in late spring or early summer.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
Episodes has it's own thread but it is not a particularly active one. I think it's decent, but the network executive guy is far too two-dimensional and basically just a plot device to get people mad at each other. Matt LeBlanc is definitely the strongest part of it, as far as I'm concerned.

e:

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Geordie Shore
But we already had that Essex show and it was awful!

Won't you people ever learn?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
gently caress reality TV and every arsehole who makes, watches, or defends it. It is the vanguard of the cultural death of our society.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

gently caress reality TV and every arsehole who makes, watches, or defends it. It is the vanguard of the cultural death of our society.

The worst bit is when you remember that the people on reality TV have signed a waiver allowing the TV to broadcast it. I saw a bit of Tool Academy last night and all I could think was 'why?'.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I don't know what that is, but it sounds like the place they train BBC newsreaders.

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010
I really hope How TV Ruined Your Life is more News/Screenwipe-Brooker than YHBW-Brooker. That post a few pages back, during the comedy awards, about how he used to take the piss out of the people in TV and is now becoming one of them is kinda true. With the idea behind it, we should be seeing him observing rather than participating, which is always good.

As for Geordie Shore, I know it'd be a terrible programme, but I can't help but get a little excited at the idea because I recently moved to Newcastle.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Well this seems like bollocks. It appears that up here in scotland BBC2 is, at 10pm, showing "The World According to Robert Burns".

gently caress you BBC, we already know about Robert loving Burns, we need more Charlie Brooker.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Doesn't everyone have digital now anyway (well I don't but I think I may be an exception). Surely you can watch all the BBC regions with that?

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006

Kin posted:

Well this seems like bollocks. It appears that up here in scotland BBC2 is, at 10pm, showing "The World According to Robert Burns".

gently caress you BBC, we already know about Robert loving Burns, we need more Charlie Brooker.

BBC Scotland and NI are doing that annoying thing they do a lot where they will be showing it on a different night. Wednesday at 10 instead.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kin posted:

This is what iPlayer was made for.

Unless that is locked onto the Scottish version too?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Robert Burns, he was a Scottish poet who is now dead.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Kin posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7scMC7YSDQ

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
drat, Konnie really changed the look of his front room.

DaWolfey fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 25, 2011

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Rarity posted:

This is what iPlayer was made for.

Unless that is locked onto the Scottish version too?

Nah, picking it up on iplayer should be fine. But it's still a pain in the arse.

I mean poo poo, it's not like we've loving forgot who Robert Burns is and anyone up at this age is old enough to know and subsequently not give a gently caress about the damned night.

Stick this poo poo on BBC Alba or whatever Highland Gaelic channel there is not the whole of Scotland.

DaWolfey posted:

gently caress you too. This is not happening lalalalalalalalalalala

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

DaWolfey posted:

I was desperately racking my brains to work out what you meant by 'root' and how you could tell.

yay, Pipkins, morbid Kids TV.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That bit with the egg going nuclear... They made that up, right? That couldn't have been real. Right?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Rarity posted:

That bit with the egg going nuclear... They made that up, right? That couldn't have been real. Right?

The whole thing was made for the show

enjoying this, it's screenwipe-y not new-hair-ey

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
BlackBoxxxBabes

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
BlackBoxxxBabes

loving :lol:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
ahaha, "If pens got hot" is loving genius

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Rarity posted:

It's a parody of an old kids show called Ludwig.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fatkraken posted:

ahaha, "If pens got hot" is loving genius

Yes. Shame it was spoiled in advance on youtube. Oh well, we'll always have BlackboxxxBabes.

edit: I'm relieved to hear about Orlov. I knew the 80s couldn't be that bad.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Is it my imagination, or did the BlackBoxxxBabe look suspiciously like Konnie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

Trin Tragula posted:

Is it my imagination, or did the BlackBoxxxBabe look suspiciously like Konnie?

I'm pretty sure that is definitely your *extremely overactive* imagination.

But I'm going back for a second look anyway.