Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum

gimpfarfar posted:

The first two were nothing but alarmist conspiracy theories at best, and this one doesn't seem to be much different really. Sorry :(

There's actually a segment in the movie specifically directed towards people who point fingers at it with the assumption that it promotes some sort of agenda.

I assure you this movie, to it's main point, is only about human well-being. Yes, it talks about money and the economics system, but it does so in a way which shows that money and consumerism can do some extremely terrible things to society no matter what political party or system you live under. The second half of the movie is actually about humanity getting better, or the hypothetical sense of what humanity could do if it 'restarted' civilization on earth to have the greatest sense of equality and happiness for the people living on it.

Imapanda fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That isn't a sequel to that horrible Zetigeist film that came out a few years ago, is it?

It's a very good example of how a well crafted series of "facts" can be used to misinform someone when placed out of context.
Remember the Zeitgeist series is written by a bloke who states the federal income tax is illegal. It's simply regurgitating many many conspiracy theory arguments as "facts". A very convincing way to make an argument when you don't have proper facts to back you up is to state a question, even though it might be hypothetical in nature, the result is people are left wondering "what if".

Also do read this.
http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/09-02-25/#feature

As for "Moving Forwards" this is basically framed around "The Venus Project" which is a social movement run by Jacque Fresco who thinks we can create a world where if we just give people all the resources they need we will magically remove all sense of monetary need and everyone helps each other.

Basically the film tries to get it's message across by making rather bold statements that we are defective by design and then sharply contrasting that with a utopian ideal that is supposed to make us go "oh poo poo, lets build magical automated sustainable cities that fix the world's ills".

TL;DR : It's conspiracy drivel and if you so feel changed by this you really need to broaden your horizons and reading material.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Imapanda posted:

There's actually a segment in the movie specifically directed towards people who point fingers at it with the assumption that it promotes some sort of agenda.

I haven't seen it yet so I can't fully comment, but this is usually a warning sign in and of itself.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

WebDog posted:

TL;DR : It's conspiracy drivel and if you so feel changed by this you really need to broaden your horizons and reading material.

This was my issue once upon a time. I love conspiracy drivel and it was a well produced package. However, I took what they said and went out on my own to see the truth in what was said and what was fabrication.

I might have two free hours today. Maybe I'll watch this.

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.
Can't get enough doc love.

All great stuff so far, fellas.

Here's a link to the Hot Docs Festival library website. Streaming documentaries of all subjects and styles. There are hundreds, all very good.

http://hotdocslibrary.ca/

I particularly like "The Falls", all about Niagara Falls and the Love Canal (Bonus: Early 90's fashions abound):
http://hotdocslibrary.ca/dsr/#/en/video/12079

"Stupidity" which is a pretty good take on, well, stupidity:
http://hotdocslibrary.ca/dsr/#/en/video/21067

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

mod sassinator posted:

Wow Hulu just added Exit Through The Gift Shop, the documentary by graffiti artist Banksy. I'm surprised to see such a recent movie on Hulu, it's one that will probably be a nominee for best documentary at the academy awards this year.

Watched this last night and it was drat good.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
I believe it was posted here, but my wife and I just got done watching Trouble in Amish Paradise (ridiculous title) on youtube and it was really interesting if only because of how much we both loved the guy the documentary focused on primarily.

My wife is anything but Christian and I'm not longer Christian but we both want to donate some money to that family so the guy can buy more million dollar bill tracts just because they made him so happy.

Unfortunately we didn't get much of an insight into how the Amish services and meetings are because they aren't allowed to be filmed. I had no idea how much cult-like stuff went on with the Amish. They're not evil, per se, but they go to great lengths to control their people. I've never heard of a Christian sect who disallowed its members from talking to people about their religion.

Also, I can't believe they gave another family their entire savings of 100k. Mostly because I can't believe the other family accepted the help. I dunno I'd like to think I wouldn't let someone give their entire savings to me.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
About 1hr into the new zeitgeist, listening to the narrator talking about market economics as though he has about a 5th grade education and his voice is just dripping with :smug:

Milton Friedman would rise out of his grave to cockslap this guy at the speed of sound.

tldr watch it if you want to watch a documentary written by that guy in your freshman economics class who asked incredibly annoying, irrelevant questions to the professor, reeked of weed, and dropped out after 3 weeks

EDIT: Exit through the gift shop was fantastic though. Would highly recommend it to all interested goons.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Operant posted:

tldr watch it if you want to watch a documentary written by that guy in your freshman economics class who asked incredibly annoying, irrelevant questions to the professor, reeked of weed, and dropped out after 3 weeks

I had a guy in my journalism program who was exactly that kid. I believe he dropped out after five months though. He made it through one semester and then dropped out sometime in the second. And he loved Zeitgeist. Mentioned it all of the time. Saying, "DUDE, ZEITGEIST!" was sort of our joke in the program.

I think everyone who has been in high school, college or university since the first one came out has known that guy.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

LeafHouse posted:

Watched this last night and it was drat good.

How exactly is some guy who paints graffiti that is perhaps a notch above swear words grounds for such a great documentary? All seems very self-congratulatory to me.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Cyril Sneer posted:

How exactly is some guy who paints graffiti that is perhaps a notch above swear words grounds for such a great documentary? All seems very self-congratulatory to me.

ahahahahhaahahahaah

what? You have no idea what you're talking about do you?

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

BonoMan posted:

ahahahahhaahahahaah

what? You have no idea what you're talking about do you?

I know exactly who Banksy is. He's a graffiti artist.

Whats the movie about? His life? Why is that interesting?
His political motivations?
Why is there a an apparently-award-winning documentary about this guy?

What about this film isn't just a giant ad for the guy?

Cyril Sneer fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 29, 2011

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Cyril Sneer posted:

You seem to be confusing street artist with folks that do tagging.

And the movie isn't even really about Banksy at all. He's just kind of a side character.

LANkrypt0
May 28, 2001

ph33r

Cyril Sneer posted:

Because it's not really about Banksy, it's about the guy who was filming all the artists. It really is a very good documentary.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Cyril Sneer posted:

If you have any interest in art, at all, you should probably watch the documentary. If you think art is a high-brow waste of time and money meant for idiot millionaires, you should definitely watch the documentary.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

BlackIronHeart posted:

If you have any interest in art, at all, you should probably watch the documentary. If you think art is a high-brow waste of time and money meant for idiot millionaires, you should definitely watch the documentary.

This is definitely true. I watched the show expecting it to be all about banksy but was very surprised by the actual story, and how good it was.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Operant posted:

About 1hr into the new zeitgeist, listening to the narrator talking about market economics as though he has about a 5th grade education and his voice is just dripping with :smug:

Milton Friedman would rise out of his grave to cockslap this guy at the speed of sound.

EDIT: Exit through the gift shop was fantastic though. Would highly recommend it to all interested goons.

Wait a minute though, 'that guy' is the one that doesn't shut up about Milton Friedman.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

Wow Hulu just added Exit Through The Gift Shop, the documentary by graffiti artist Banksy. I'm surprised to see such a recent movie on Hulu, it's one that will probably be a nominee for best documentary at the academy awards this year.

Just saw this and thought it was awesome.

Theos
Oct 18, 2002

by angerbot

Operant posted:

How ironic that one of many accurate predictions in the new Zeitgeist movie 'Moving Forward', is the slavish and ignorant devotion of people like you to Milton Friedman and the free market. Here you are chanting his name like it's a ward against evil.

The movie does not argue that Free Market capitalism doesn't get results. It definitely gets results. They are just all horrific and could possibly lead to an extinction event. Unless you're rich (belong to a 5% minority of humans).

Theos
Oct 18, 2002

by angerbot

WebDog posted:

As for "Moving Forwards" this is basically framed around "The Venus Project" which is a social movement run by Jacque Fresco who thinks we can create a world where if we just give people all the resources they need we will magically remove all sense of monetary need and everyone helps each other.

Basically the film tries to get it's message across by making rather bold statements that we are defective by design and then sharply contrasting that with a utopian ideal that is supposed to make us go "oh poo poo, lets build magical automated sustainable cities that fix the world's ills".

Or maybe you're indoctrinated into a system of drivel and from within anything that opposes your ideas appears to be drivel because that's a critical part of the indoctrination.

You are serving a status quo enforcement role (predicted or more or less implied to exist by the philosophies of the movie) and you're too loving blinded to even realize it. You think you're choosing to make some witty as gently caress critical analysis of the film, removing any credibility in one swoop of the fat fingers across a keyboard, but you're just a tool who knows nothing but what you've been programmed to know.

In other words, gently caress everyone who told you not to watch this movie. They believe you are stupid and that you can't make up your own mind about it.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Not sure if anybody's seen it as I haven't followed this thread at all but I just watched Restrepo, directed by Sebastian Junger, about the deployment of the 2nd Platoon of Battle Company on a 15 month deployment in the Korangal Valley of northeast Afghanistan. It's not exactly a documentary as much as it is just a view of the day to day life of 2nd platoon and how they cope with their comrades' deaths, but it's a fantastic movie and I highly recommend it. It's on Netflix if you wanna give it a look.

The Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restrepo_%28film%29

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Theos posted:

Or maybe you're indoctrinated into a system of drivel and from within anything that opposes your ideas appears to be drivel because that's a critical part of the indoctrination.

You are serving a status quo enforcement role (predicted or more or less implied to exist by the philosophies of the movie) and you're too loving blinded to even realize it. You think you're choosing to make some witty as gently caress critical analysis of the film, removing any credibility in one swoop of the fat fingers across a keyboard, but you're just a tool who knows nothing but what you've been programmed to know.

In other words, gently caress everyone who told you not to watch this movie. They believe you are stupid and that you can't make up your own mind about it.

Just finished watching and the whole Venus project thing is rather silly. Way to extreme and not at all feasible. Ending the movie with fake scenes of people protesting and throwing money at some establishment was ironic.

It did have some good points, like the GOP and how it works. Economics is not a strong subject for myself.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Theos posted:

Indoctrination? Oh woe us all Geoffrey, for we are chained under the great torrid yoke of the evil governments who whip us along our lives like dumb yaks.
Surprisingly no one told me not to watch this movie, seeing I've worked on documentaries for a living I'm quite aware of the power of film to create emotions via interpretation. There is nothing at all compelling in the two hours of watching slow dissolves between stock footage and photographs as someone rambles on without any grounding for the facts he's presenting.
Honestly do you really completely believe statements such as "Medical companies don't want cancer to be cured as it will remove countless jobs".

And for the record, my fingers are quite long and slender.
But then again Mr. Cottrell why am I wasting time arguing with someone who lists their interests as "Guitar, blunts and women" and their occupation as "conspiracy theorist".

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

BogDew fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 31, 2011

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

fnordcircle posted:

I believe it was posted here, but my wife and I just got done watching Trouble in Amish Paradise (ridiculous title) on youtube and it was really interesting if only because of how much we both loved the guy the documentary focused on primarily.

My wife is anything but Christian and I'm not longer Christian but we both want to donate some money to that family so the guy can buy more million dollar bill tracts just because they made him so happy.

Unfortunately we didn't get much of an insight into how the Amish services and meetings are because they aren't allowed to be filmed. I had no idea how much cult-like stuff went on with the Amish. They're not evil, per se, but they go to great lengths to control their people. I've never heard of a Christian sect who disallowed its members from talking to people about their religion.

Also, I can't believe they gave another family their entire savings of 100k. Mostly because I can't believe the other family accepted the help. I dunno I'd like to think I wouldn't let someone give their entire savings to me.

I enjoyed this documentary. If you haven't seen it, it centers around a family recently excommunicated from the Amish church. Not because they've done anything wrong but because they followed their moral conscience. I don't agree with their beliefs but I definitely respect how they try to do what they feel is right despite the repercussions.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

quote:

dude, not helping your case here, you sound like a mentalist

Just because the status quo is hosed (which is it, no one with any sense denies that) doesn't mean any of the specific "facts" or weird solutions presented by this film hold any credibility. Most people are perfectly well aware that we need a new approach to wealth, consumption and poverty and not attempting to support a status quo where bankers cause global economic meltdown through short sightedness and palm oil barons bulldoze millions of acres of rainforest. But that doesn't mean we have to believe any overly emotional drivel that purports to be a perfect solution.

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 30, 2011

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Anyone here see "Dark Side of the Moon"? It was a CBC Passionate Eye "documentary" including interviews and archival footage that were edited in such a way to make it appear that all the major players (Kissinger, Rumsfeld, Aldrin, etc...) acknowledge that the moon landings were faked. It's really very well made and a good case study in how powerful editing really is.

(Just to clarify, it's not real, CBC and the documentary's producers fully accept that the moon landings actually happened)

It's on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Ge8KiaWTA&feature=related

It's pretty funny that conspiracy nuts often point to this documentary as if it were real evidence of a faked moon landing. They use excuses like "it's too good to be fake"

I also highly recommend Winnebago Man. Netflix has the DVD. It is very entertaining.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 30, 2011

Theos
Oct 18, 2002

by angerbot

WebDog posted:

Indoctrination? Oh woe us all , for we are chained under the great torrid yoke of the evil governments who whip us along our lives like dumb yaks.
Surprisingly no one told me not to watch this movie, seeing I've worked on documentaries for a living I'm quite aware of the power of film to create emotions via interpretation. There is nothing at all compelling in the two hours of watching slow dissolves between stock footage and photographs as someone rambles on without any grounding for the facts he's presenting.
Honestly do you really completely believe statements such as "Medical companies don't want cancer to be cured as it will remove countless jobs".

And for the record, my fingers are quite long and slender.
But then again why am I wasting time arguing with someone who lists their interests as "Guitar, blunts and women" and their occupation as "conspiracy theorist".

Again, status quo reinforcement through ad hominem and no substance. Very classy stuff. I really like the name drop. I appreciate that you might have been subjected to some of the writings on my blog as a result of being a total cock sucker. Worth it.

The one fact you actually try to pick apart without just stating that it's "ridiculous" or "dumb" and expecting everyone to go no further in their own investigation, about Medical companies, is simply a fact about the types of profit-maximizing behavior promoted by capitalism. While the documentary does say it once with regard to curing cancer, the point is better made in the movie with regard to technology and other products that are obsolete the moment they leave the assembly line.

The problem is that you take it way too personally when someone says something like that. "NO WAY A HUMAN WOULD NEVER RESIST FIXING SOMETHING PERMANENTLY FOR SAKE OF PROFIT!" There is a lot of evidence that they would do that and millions of bodies of evidence that corporations will let people die for the sake of profit maximization. You have your fingers in your ears, like I suspect the majority of Americans, but you can't be deaf forever. This problem is going to get louder and louder.

The fact that they propose a solution at all is impressive, even if it doesn't end up looking exactly like the venus project. What would you and your Money is God religion that you don't even know you're a part of propose?

Adjustment to the tax schedule? Adjustment to the money supply?

Honestly that is so much more crackpot and people need to see it as such.

Fatkraken posted:

dude, not helping your case here, you sound like a mentalist

Just because the status quo is hosed (which is it, no one with any sense denies that) doesn't mean any of the specific "facts" or weird solutions presented by this film hold any credibility. Most people are perfectly well aware that we need a new approach to wealth, consumption and poverty and not attempting to support a status quo where bankers cause global economic meltdown through short sightedness and palm oil barons bulldoze millions of acres of rainforest. But that doesn't mean we have to believe any overly emotional drivel that purports to be a perfect solution.

Well you're wrong, in a lot of ways. I had come to the exact conclusions of the film independently of it and via a totally different approach, so maybe there is more confidence to be given to the facts than your "overly emotional" denial will allow. In my analysis of human behavior via removal of the notion of free will from any realm of human society, including economics and politics, I found pretty much exactly the same thing the film does through analysis of the current economic paradigm. They talk about behavior a little bit in the documentary.

It's funny how telling it is that you use a hyperbole about bankers and oil barons. Of course you're not emotional about the issue cause you're a silver-spoon fed American who has fuckall for sense of what poverty actually is. There is no hyperbole suitable for the mass casualties inflicted upon humanity by free market capitalism. It's an emotional issue. That it is emotional, takes nothing away from its credibility. It only shows how detached the opposition is when they say it is "overly emotional".

Another fact is, the very people like Milton Friedman whose name the opposition chants like he's Jesus himself DO DENY the status quo is hosed. At least, to the degree that it really is hosed. In fact, that's their primary argument. How many times has a Poverty-blind American in the top rungs of social strata argued that things, "Aren't as bad as these 'doomsayers' predict"?

Theos fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 30, 2011

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

GutBomb posted:

Anyone here see "Dark Side of the Moon"? It was a CBC Passionate Eye "documentary" including interviews and archival footage that were edited in such a way to make it appear that all the major players (Kissinger, Rumsfeld, Aldrin, etc...) acknowledge that the moon landings were faked. It's really very well made and a good case study in how powerful editing really is.

(Just to clarify, it's not real, CBC and the documentary's producers fully accept that the moon landings actually happened)

It's on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Ge8KiaWTA&feature=related

It's pretty funny that conspiracy nuts often point to this documentary as if it were real evidence of a faked moon landing. They use excuses like "it's too good to be fake"

I also highly recommend Winnebago Man. Netflix has the DVD. It is very entertaining.

Both these are really great. I was surprised that Winnebago Man actually had some twists and turns in the story, and the man himself is a great character.

Speaking of debunking conspiracies, are there any documentaries out there which are about showing how magic tricks/hypnotism are done and so on? I just watched a few Derren Brown, and am really wanting to know how he did things like managing to persuade people to give up their possessions, or convince everyone to do a "seance" all through suggestions without any spiritual interventions.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Theos posted:

It's funny how telling it is that you use a hyperbole about bankers and oil barons. Of course you're not emotional about the issue cause you're a silver-spoon fed American who has fuckall for sense of what poverty actually is. There is no hyperbole suitable for the mass casualties inflicted upon humanity by free market capitalism. It's an emotional issue. That it is emotional, takes nothing away from its credibility. It only shows how detached the opposition is when they say it is "overly emotional".

Another fact is, the very people like Milton Friedman whose name the opposition chants like he's Jesus himself DO DENY the status quo is hosed. At least, to the degree that it really is hosed. In fact, that's their primary argument. How many times has a Poverty-blind American in the top rungs of social strata argued that things, "Aren't as bad as these 'doomsayers' predict"?

That was just two examples, of course the human cost is massive, people die because multinationals are allowed to pollute with impunity, farming is efficient enough to feed the world twice over yet billions go hungry and millions starve. Maybe I was wrong but I picked the "enlightened self interest" stuff because for whatever reason it can tend to hit home with some people more than talking about grinding poverty. It's so bad that it's hitting EVERYONE where a lot of people in the rich world assumed they were immune and corporate exploitation and being hosed by the superrich only happens to poor fucks in the developing world.

No one with any sense denies the status quo fucks over 99% of people. Many of the ones denying it publicly actually know it's a system that is poo poo for most people but lie because they are rich and the status quo is good for THEM. Bit no true Scotsman I suppose, but there you are.

In any case, the problems with this film seem to be that it is making bold assertions as if they were fact when they are not backed up by evidence. They may be TRUE or they may be false or they may be a mixture of truth, exaggeration and lies, but without evidence it is irresponsible of a film maker to state them as fact. Statements like "companies don't want to cure cancer because it would put them out of a job" are hyperbole built about a grain of truth. Medical companies ARE out to make money, DO lie or mislead in research and DO follow profitable lines of enquiry more than unprofitable ones that would help more people (malaria treatments are woefully primitive because most people suffering are Africans and too are poor to buy expensive medicines), but by spinning it too far into unsubstantiated rumour, it undermines the message.

"Emotionality" is not an issue when talking about problems, they are enormous and we SHOULD get emotional about them. But it can get in the way when talking about solutions. Saying "the human race fucks over 99% of it's members" is fine and it's fine to get emotional about it. Saying "we can reshape human culture and nature to create a world of peace and equality" ignores the fact that this has been tried before and failed because it turns out in anything bigger than a tribal group of about 100 people, humans quite like loving each other over. It appeals to an emotional desire to see the best in people and ignores the cold hard truths that some people are shits. We SHOULD strive to create a world of peace and equality, but it will not come about through denying reality, at that point it just becomes a John Lennon song.

Theos
Oct 18, 2002

by angerbot

WebDog posted:

"conspiracy theorist".

Maybe that's a nice way of telling myself I'm not a paranoid schizophrenic. Maybe I really am, maybe I'm the type of psychotic that fixates and obsesses, most unhealthily, and about whom it cannot be said that reason has any sway over their actions and just maybe I'm the type of psychotic that has your name too.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Theos posted:

Maybe that's a nice way of telling myself I'm not a paranoid schizophrenic. Maybe I really am, maybe I'm the type of psychotic that fixates and obsesses, most unhealthily, and about whom it cannot be said that reason has any sway over their actions and just maybe I'm the type of psychotic that has your name too.

Well if you already suspect what we suspect, then we're all on a closer wavelength than we thought! Now isn't that nice.

:golfclap: Fatkraken

Not in the OP and a good watch:

The Incredible Human Journey Pt 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mRa9ICp9oY

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I was wondering if anyone could help direct me towards an appropriate documentary. I'm looking for something dealing with the evolution of mythologies from the classical era into the Christian Era. Particularly I'd like something that dealt with pagan traditions and mythologies that were incorporated into Christianity and/or Islam.

I found The Lost Gods on TopDocumentaries but it seems to deal primarily with the architecture and physical buildings associated with religion. I'd really appreciate any tips in the right direction :)

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

WebDog posted:

Indoctrination? Oh woe us all

The dude is coming across like a psycho rambling about sheeple and chemtrails but you're a mega human being for breaking out his real name as some sort of goon puppetmaster stroke. Are you going to take pictures of his house next?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

fnordcircle posted:

Are you going to take pictures of his house next?

This is WEBDOG we're talking about here

(the answer is yes)

(well, "find pictures of his house on a real estate website" is closer to the mark)

Theos
Oct 18, 2002

by angerbot

Fatkraken posted:

This is WEBDOG we're talking about here

(the answer is yes)

(well, "find pictures of his house on a real estate website" is closer to the mark)

"just webdong being webdong"

ban this shithead already, he's already been probated for creepiness once.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Theos posted:

"just webdong being webdong"

ban this shithead already, he's already been probated for creepiness once.

Dude, you're the one who basically threatened him.

Anyway, lets keep this poo poo out of the thread and get back to the documentaries

i am not zach
Apr 16, 2007

by Ozmaugh
Theos, you're not really helping your case at this point. To everyone else, it's kind of lovely to talk about a documentary especially if you haven't seen it. It really is dumb to just write something off before giving it a chance (however ridiculous it may be).

Anyways, Theos, I'm sure you'll enjoy this, watched it last night... not really a documentary but still very interesting http://fora.tv/2009/02/13/Dmitry_Orlov_Social_Collapse_Best_Practices

Theos
Oct 18, 2002

by angerbot

Fatkraken posted:

Dude, you're the one who basically threatened him.

Anyway, lets keep this poo poo out of the thread and get back to the documentaries

Yeah, well I threatened, he actually did. He just has me to worry about, my personal info is just up for grabs to anyone now.

What loving reason did you have, WebDogDick?

Someone disagrees with you and you IMMEDIATELY go for personal details?

I know the website that used to be in my profile was deleted, so you must have gone the extra mile and looked at the google cache.

What kind of a human being does that? Are you super loving sensitive about your fingers? Was it the fingers comment?

Theos fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 30, 2011

Theos
Oct 18, 2002

by angerbot
Harass and Sass: If somebody is harassing you on the forums then discuss it with them over PM or email before contacting a mod about it. Flames and insults do not constitute harassment. Please do not post others' personal information (phone number, addresses, emails, etc.). Try to stay out of other peoples' personal lives as well. Keep in mind there's a good distinction between the Internet and real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

fnordcircle posted:

The dude is coming across like a psycho rambling about sheeple and chemtrails but you're a mega human being for breaking out his real name as some sort of goon puppetmaster stroke. Are you going to take pictures of his house next?

Sorry, I have no sympathy for this idiot.