Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theos
Oct 18, 2002

by angerbot

Judakel posted:

Sorry, I have no sympathy for this idiot.

Because I disagreed with someone about a movie and the politics behind it?

How the gently caress does that warrant posting personal information?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Downtown Abey
Feb 14, 2002
I've already queued up WebDog for being Internet Detective bullshit, and Theos for being a loving crazy person. Please do not continue derailing this thread about Theos The Crazy Person, thank you.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
I just finished Herb & Dorothy on Netflix, and it's a feel-good documentary about a couple who genuinely love art. It was a nice follow up to Exit Through the Gift Shop.

Anyone able to point me towards more artist-based documentary about modern/current artists? I'm finding that they tend to be really hit or miss, I'm looking for less Art House type stuff and more informative, tell a story type stuff. I tried watching one of the Cremaster series thinking it would be another interesting look into art, I forget which one, but holy poo poo I couldn't handle that.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Sorry if this has already been said, I scanned the last couple pages and didn't see it.

For those of you with netflix instant, be sure to catch The Parking Lot Movie. Thoroughly enjoyable.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Splits posted:

I just finished Herb & Dorothy on Netflix, and it's a feel-good documentary about a couple who genuinely love art. It was a nice follow up to Exit Through the Gift Shop.

Anyone able to point me towards more artist-based documentary about modern/current artists? I'm finding that they tend to be really hit or miss, I'm looking for less Art House type stuff and more informative, tell a story type stuff. I tried watching one of the Cremaster series thinking it would be another interesting look into art, I forget which one, but holy poo poo I couldn't handle that.

Yeah the Cremaster series is...tough.

And I've been meaning to go to our local Herb & Dorothy exhibit here but haven't.

Also, this isn't quite what you're looking for, but if you are at ALL interested in the art world and awesome documentaries you must must must watch The Art of the Steal. It's on Netflix. You owe it to yourself.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Speaking of debunking conspiracies, are there any documentaries out there which are about showing how magic tricks/hypnotism are done and so on? I just watched a few Derren Brown, and am really wanting to know how he did things like managing to persuade people to give up their possessions, or convince everyone to do a "seance" all through suggestions without any spiritual interventions.

I'm pretty sure it's this:

All magicians lie. Even when they say they aren't lying.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 31, 2011

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Both these are really great. I was surprised that Winnebago Man actually had some twists and turns in the story, and the man himself is a great character.

Speaking of debunking conspiracies, are there any documentaries out there which are about showing how magic tricks/hypnotism are done and so on? I just watched a few Derren Brown, and am really wanting to know how he did things like managing to persuade people to give up their possessions, or convince everyone to do a "seance" all through suggestions without any spiritual interventions.

There are books and books about what Derren Brown does. It's all real stuff, it just uses human psychology. It relies on a certain type of person though. It's pretty easy to confuse and distract someone by doing stuff that falls outside of normal social patterns, and you can use that to your advantage. For the stuff where he puts people into trances he usually plays a tone or something, and that sorts the people who are suggestible to that sort of thing from those who arent. Basically the human mind is pretty powerful and if you can fool someone into really believing in what you're doing it can work. It's how bullshitty faith healers and poo poo manage to cure idiots pain sometimes.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

One Sick Puppy posted:

Not sure if anybody's seen it as I haven't followed this thread at all but I just watched Restrepo, directed by Sebastian Junger, about the deployment of the 2nd Platoon of Battle Company on a 15 month deployment in the Korangal Valley of northeast Afghanistan. It's not exactly a documentary as much as it is just a view of the day to day life of 2nd platoon and how they cope with their comrades' deaths, but it's a fantastic movie and I highly recommend it. It's on Netflix if you wanna give it a look.

The Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restrepo_%28film%29

Watch the Lost Platoon also linked a few pages back, you will enjoy it if you like Restrepo

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

FirstPersonShitter posted:

It's how bullshitty faith healers and poo poo manage to cure idiots pain sometimes.

I had a friend whose aunt got faith healed of her cancer and refused to do anymore treatment from doctors because the faith healer told her that God removed her cancer.

Guess what she soon died of.

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs
Watched the first two parts of The Story of God last night and found it fascinating look at the history of religion. Don't see it in the OP.

Here's an excerpt from the description: Professor Robert Winston presents a definitive three-part documentary series on the history of mankind’s quest to understand the nature of God.

The Story of God is an epic journey across continents, cultures and eras exploring religious beliefs from their earliest incarnations, through the development of today’s major world faiths and the status of religious faith in a scientific age.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-story-of-god/

HalfPricePimpSuit
May 26, 2008
I'm going to second Herb & Dorothy. Very enjoyable even if you're not super into art. Hip old people :3: I caught it on Independent Lens a year ago, but you can watch it on Netflix or Amazon. I'll go ahead and throw my support in for Independent Lens and Frontline documentaries. PBS is pretty drat awesome.

For actual content:
China Blue is one of the first films I caught on Independent Lens. It's about a 17 year old denim factory worker in China.
Part one

Born Into Brothels: Calcutta's Red Light Kids
Children born in a brothel are given photography lessons. The documentary goes a lot deeper than just the photography, so it's worth a watch.
Part One

21 Below
Official site Unfortunately, I can't find the youtube link anymore.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1273191/

Stevie
I don't have a link for Stevie, but if you can find a source watch it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0334416/

enginedriver
Jul 16, 2010
Does anyone know of any good TV or preferably Radio documentaries on early monarchs of England. I mean really early ones like Aethelstan or even earlier ones of individual realms like Wessex going back to late Roman times. In an ideal world I'd like a radio 4 style hour on each and every king/queen but I'll settle for anything you have!

Mouse Bite
Jun 21, 2009
Just watched Paradise Lost about the West Memphis Three. It was very fascinating and well done and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. The documentary follows the trials of three teenage boys who were accused of killing three younger children. It becomes apparent throughout the film that the boys are innocent and are acting as scapegoats for the religious leaders in the town because they dress differently, listen to Metallica, and supposedly practice Satanism.

Pretty sure it was posted already, but here's a link just in case: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/paradise-lost/

I haven't watched the follow-up documentary about Damien Echols' appeals (also at the link), but I'm very interested to see that as well.

Does anyone have any other documentaries about the bullshit surrounding fear of the occult and Satanism? I've always been interested in the Salem Witch Trials and its modern equivalents like the McMartin daycare scandal, so I wanted to see what else is out there.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Mouse Bite posted:

Just watched Paradise Lost about the West Memphis Three. It was very fascinating and well done and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. The documentary follows the trials of three teenage boys who were accused of killing three younger children. It becomes apparent throughout the film that the boys are innocent and are acting as scapegoats for the religious leaders in the town because they dress differently, listen to Metallica, and supposedly practice Satanism.

Pretty sure it was posted already, but here's a link just in case: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/paradise-lost/

I haven't watched the follow-up documentary about Damien Echols' appeals (also at the link), but I'm very interested to see that as well.

Does anyone have any other documentaries about the bullshit surrounding fear of the occult and Satanism? I've always been interested in the Salem Witch Trials and its modern equivalents like the McMartin daycare scandal, so I wanted to see what else is out there.

Find the second one, it's really really good. There's a message board out there, I'm posting the link for you here, and many of the people in the film post on it or are aware of it. The stepfellow of one of the boys named Mark, who was quite verbose in the doc? You might be quite surprised as to what happened to him. You can find out on this message board.

I wish I could be more helpful with a link to the second one, you might be able to find it on their board, I think that's where I found it. Both of the doc's were so interesting, I watched both marathon style then perused those forums to get up to date.

http://www.wm3blackboard.com/forum/index.php

*edit- I just remembered I watched it on youtube. Here's a link to part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5witm15yck&feature=related

part one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CyTJgAfSRs

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

zamiel posted:

Watched the first two parts of The Story of God last night and found it fascinating look at the history of religion. Don't see it in the OP.

Here's an excerpt from the description: Professor Robert Winston presents a definitive three-part documentary series on the history of mankind’s quest to understand the nature of God.

The Story of God is an epic journey across continents, cultures and eras exploring religious beliefs from their earliest incarnations, through the development of today’s major world faiths and the status of religious faith in a scientific age.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-story-of-god/

The first part was a little boring. I'm on the second part and it's much more interesting. At least to me. Thanks for this!

shinigami_ebola
May 14, 2010
This documentary called The Bridge, focuses on the Golden Gate Bridge, which happens to be the most popular suicide destination in the world. Cameras are left during the entire year of 2004, getting shots of people in the last moment of life plummeting off the bridge before they hit the water. The documentary also interviews the families of the jumpers, witnesses of the suicides, and also interviews a man who managed to survive his jump off the bridge. It's a thoroughly depressing documentary, because the pain expressed by the people affected by those deaths seems so palpable.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-bridge/

The video on the website is a youtube playlist, and will run all 9 segments continuously.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Lone Rogue posted:

The first part was a little boring. I'm on the second part and it's much more interesting. At least to me. Thanks for this!

Wow, the Ken guy from Religulous. What a fantastic main event.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

glyph posted:

Sorry if this has already been said, I scanned the last couple pages and didn't see it.

For those of you with netflix instant, be sure to catch The Parking Lot Movie. Thoroughly enjoyable.

I saw this yesterday. It started slow and I was about to stop watching it but I sticked with it for a little longer and then it got more interesting. I thought it was ok by the end.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

when worlds collide posted:

Find the second one, it's really really good. There's a message board out there, I'm posting the link for you here, and many of the people in the film post on it or are aware of it. The stepfellow of one of the boys named Mark, who was quite verbose in the doc? You might be quite surprised as to what happened to him. You can find out on this message board.

I wish I could be more helpful with a link to the second one, you might be able to find it on their board, I think that's where I found it. Both of the doc's were so interesting, I watched both marathon style then perused those forums to get up to date.

http://www.wm3blackboard.com/forum/index.php

*edit- I just remembered I watched it on youtube. Here's a link to part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5witm15yck&feature=related

part one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CyTJgAfSRs

God drat that was good. HBO makes some amazing documentaries. I'm at a loss for words. It was so poignant how it was juxtaposed with Metallica's Orion, such a beautiful song and it fits so well. I started out pretty firmly believing they didn't do it. Now I have absolutely no idea.

But it does seem to me that tho only ones in the whole doc competent enough to pull of a crime of that magnitude was Jason's defence attorney, the dude with the long slicked back hair and glasses, and the state forensic investigator that was put on the stand for a significant portion. And it truly angers me that they were convicted PURELY on circumstantial evidence. I didn't think that was enough any more to convict a person like this anywhere in the US. Guess I'm deluded.

Now I have to go watch the second one. As in, I am literally compelled to go watch it. Great post. :cheers:

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

enginedriver posted:

Does anyone know of any good TV or preferably Radio documentaries on early monarchs of England. I mean really early ones like Aethelstan or even earlier ones of individual realms like Wessex going back to late Roman times. In an ideal world I'd like a radio 4 style hour on each and every king/queen but I'll settle for anything you have!

There is a great podcast called Stuff you Missed in History Class, which is an hour long weekly program where they pick out some specific historical event or person, the show has been on for years so they have hundreds of episodes on Kings of all eras, all of which are available for download.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I'm sure in the last 29 pages there has been a mention of The Union on Netflix, but I recently watched it. I'm a supporter of both the mass legalization of marijuana and hemp in Canada despite not smoking at all. I'd like to see marijuana get taxed and every Canadian to get the benefits. However, they need to sell it better to people. This is about the best sell I've watched, along with the American Drug War: The Last White Hope.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

dev286 posted:

Here's a link to the Hot Docs Festival library website. Streaming documentaries of all subjects and styles. There are hundreds, all very good.

http://hotdocslibrary.ca/

Dude thank you so much, I've watched pretty much everything of interest on the CBC NFB and TVO websites.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.

The Scientist posted:

God drat that was good. HBO makes some amazing documentaries. I'm at a loss for words. It was so poignant how it was juxtaposed with Metallica's Orion, such a beautiful song and it fits so well. I started out pretty firmly believing they didn't do it. Now I have absolutely no idea.

But it does seem to me that tho only ones in the whole doc competent enough to pull of a crime of that magnitude was Jason's defence attorney, the dude with the long slicked back hair and glasses, and the state forensic investigator that was put on the stand for a significant portion. And it truly angers me that they were convicted PURELY on circumstantial evidence. I didn't think that was enough any more to convict a person like this anywhere in the US. Guess I'm deluded.

Now I have to go watch the second one. As in, I am literally compelled to go watch it. Great post. :cheers:

I feel like a public service announcement, but you should read this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Devils-Knot-Story-Memphis-Three/dp/0743417607/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296688244&sr=8-1

There is SO MUCH wrong with this case. Fortunately, their cases are being heard again in front of a new judge, and things are looking up for Damien, Jesse and Jason. I know all about this poo poo because I work for the Arkansas Times, who has been behind them since the very beginning. It always amazes me that people outside of Arkansas haven't heard of this case, because it is a HUGE loving deal here.

Also, you can read more here: http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/Search?cx=007815921393352242861%3Aowv6twwsewu&cof=FORID%3A9&q=west+memphis+three&sa=search#1081

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mouse Bite posted:

This is one of the rare celebrity causes I can get behind, Eddie Vedder and Metallica, Henry Rollins and some other folks have bene trying to help these kids get an appeal, especially as the film suggests the stepdad of one of the kids did it. Also CNN recently did a two part(it may have been more) on the story and came to many of the same conclusions. I'm fairly certain these kids didn't do it.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Garbage Warrior

About a dude who has spent 30 years developing methods to build sustainable houses out of tyres, cans and bottles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1cUa4yWQp4

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This is one of the rare celebrity causes I can get behind, Eddie Vedder and Metallica, Henry Rollins and some other folks have bene trying to help these kids get an appeal, especially as the film suggests the stepdad of one of the kids did it. Also CNN recently did a two part(it may have been more) on the story and came to many of the same conclusions. I'm fairly certain these kids didn't do it.

What I've read most recently (yesterday) on a website dedicated to the cause is that

There is now DNA evidence exonarating the 3 and that actually points to one of the other dads of the victims - not John Byers, the crazy mother fucker with the brain tumor who takes haldol (a SERIOUS antipsychotic - modern day thorazine) and xanax, and has a criminal history. Since the 2nd film, apparently, John Byers, who was the one that both doc's pointed at as a possible suspect, has actually changed sides and supports the 3 now as well.

Whole thing is fascinating. I want to know more about it. Thanks for the recommendations.

Although, unfortunately, the part 2 that was linked on youtube has the last 3 sections with no audio as a result of some kind of copy right infringement terms of youtube. So I had gotten really in to the 2nd one only to find that I couldn't watch the last 3 segments. :smith:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

The Scientist posted:

What I've read most recently (yesterday) on a website dedicated to the cause is that

There is now DNA evidence exonarating the 3 and that actually points to one of the other dads of the victims - not John Byers, the crazy mother fucker with the brain tumor who takes haldol (a SERIOUS antipsychotic - modern day thorazine) and xanax, and has a criminal history. Since the 2nd film, apparently, John Byers, who was the one that both doc's pointed at as a possible suspect, has actually changed sides and supports the 3 now as well.

Whole thing is fascinating. I want to know more about it. Thanks for the recommendations.

Although, unfortunately, the part 2 that was linked on youtube has the last 3 sections with no audio as a result of some kind of copy right infringement terms of youtube. So I had gotten really in to the 2nd one only to find that I couldn't watch the last 3 segments. :smith:

Really? Ah poo poo. Oh, I just realized... it might be because of Metallica. If HBO wanted it down, the whole thing would be down. Pretty sure it's a music usage issue. If I find a better copy I'll let you know. I might have to resort to dubious measures.

And, I was wrong, his name wasn't Mark, it was John. Doh! I'm glad you saw that though, I was really surprised when I read about it. The guy was embarrassing to watch in the docs, I can understand being upset because of losing a son but geez.

As one of those odd kids when I grew up (I was a punk in the 80s, had a nosering when people still only pierced ears, had tricolour hair, clothing bla bla etc) I got really angry about the whole business. I will always have a heart for weird kids, I remember what I went through. :unsmith: And I was then, and still remain, a complete and total sweetheart. Maybe those kids were a bit weirder, but that still does not mean they've done anything criminal.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I was surprised that nobody posted this yet. Monster Camp is on Netflix Instant.
I'm sure it's available on youtube/hulu etc.It's about LARPers too as it follows a group called NERO Seattle and the people who participate and run the events. I liked it better than Darkon. I found almost every person to be depressing. Here's a trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tobGvjez9x0

hotgreenpeas
Apr 12, 2008

enginedriver posted:

If you have Netflix, you might be interested in the following BBC series on instant-view:

Monarchy: Series 1 - link
Monarchy: Series 2 - link

So, it's 11 hours of a really straightforward and nerdy rundown of the English monarchy, ruler by ruler. Series 1 starts at 400 AD, so you definitely get the early kings. Basically, it consists of reenactments with good production values and an academic who hangs out at random castles and shouts at you about Aengla Land. I like it.

As far as podcasts go, you might like Norman Centuries by Lars Brownworth. You can find all of the episodes and the itunes link here: http://normancenturies.com/. It's a series of podcasts covering the history of Norman conquests and rulers. Well-researched, good writing, and the host has a pleasant voice. His 12 Byzantine Empires Rulers (link) podcast is also excellent.

I'd also love suggestions for more historical documentaries that aren't about WW2 or the Civil War--nerdy ones that feel like lectures. Preferably, pre-21st century.

hotgreenpeas fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 3, 2011

LawrenceOfHerLabia
Feb 4, 2005

by Ozmaugh

hotgreenpeas posted:

If you have Netflix, you might be interested in the following BBC series on instant-view:

Thanks for this. If you are in the UK, you can access all four series for nothing on Channel 4's own documentary listings:

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=BYWITon8EpU&s=1

And, whilst you're at it, go and look at all the other Channel 4 goodies (been quoted before, I know, but is worth repeating due to the sheer volume of top quality docs):

http://www.youtube.com/user/4oDDocumentaries

me³
Jun 9, 2004

FizzyJuffoWup posted:

I was surprised that nobody posted this yet. Monster Camp is on Netflix Instant.
I'm sure it's available on youtube/hulu etc.It's about LARPers too as it follows a group called NERO Seattle and the people who participate and run the events. I liked it better than Darkon. I found almost every person to be depressing. Here's a trailer

Thanks for this, really enjoyed it. It ranges from hilarious to quite depressing.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

me³ posted:

Thanks for this, really enjoyed it. It ranges from hilarious to quite depressing.

Almost every "nerdy subculture" documentary gravitates to the most extreme characters, not necessarily the ugliest, but the more humourless ones who take it most seriously. In reality, while these types certainly exist, they usually are not the predominant force, most people in any group like that DON'T take it that seriously, KNOW it's daft and just like dicking around in costume. Just as most WoW players don't blow off family funerals to go raiding and poo poo in socks.

That being said, a contribution, the most balanced realistic "documentary" on LARP (at least the UK scene) is Dara O'Briains "tough gig" series, where he hangs out with a weird subculture for a few days then does a live standup gig based on his experiences. He has a very non judgemental approach and actually joins in and has fun, and the gig at the end underlines that most of them have a good sense of humour about things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ6exaC5ryE part 1

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 3, 2011

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Louis Theroux: The Ultra Zionists
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTszskhUrd0

video description posted:

Louis Theroux spends time with a small and very committed subculture of ultra-nationalist Jewish settlers. He discovers a group of people who consider it their religious and political obligation to populate some of the most sensitive and disputed areas of the West Bank, especially those with a spiritual significance dating back to the Bible.

Throughout his journey, Louis gets close to the people most involved with driving the extreme end of the Jewish settler movement - finding them warm, friendly, humorous, and deeply troubling.

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.
this definitely belongs here:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6A1FD147A45EF50D

it's kind of depressing though: it explains the consequences of not understanding exponential functions

cyfad fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Feb 4, 2011

Miss Areola Canasta
Oct 14, 2007

"You lookin' at me?"
What are some good documentaries about mental illness and the mental health system? I loved The Lobotomist.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

FizzyJuffoWup posted:

Thanks for sharing this. I just finished watching it and, quite frankly, it's great.

Some of the people were really nice, while others were extremely annoying and obnoxious, of course.

Since I have no experience on LARPing or anything of the kind, I don't know if this represents that community, but at least I had fun watching it.

--

EDIT:

e-Dreams http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ELRug6fOM

quote:

e-Dreams is a 2001 American documentary film directed by Wonsuk Chin, portraying the rise and fall of Kozmo.com, an online convenience store that utilized bike messengers to deliver goods ordered online within an hour.
Basically, the dot com bubble. The opening pep-talk by the owner of Kozmo is hilariously corny. It also uses the term "roller coaster" repeatedly.

Redrum and Coke fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Feb 5, 2011

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Banano posted:

Garbage Warrior

About a dude who has spent 30 years developing methods to build sustainable houses out of tyres, cans and bottles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1cUa4yWQp4

Awesome movie, thanks for posting. Will google him and check what he's up to now.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Please Vote for Me

This is a :3: documentary about a third grade class in China that will, for the first time, have an election for their class monitor. A class monitor is the same thing as a hall monitor or teacher's aid. They are usually picked by the teacher, but this year the class will vote for their choice from the incumbent monitor, or two new challengers. The three candidates have a full blown campaign to win the votes of their classmates. Democracy!

Although the candidates are only 7 years old, they know most of the tricks that any experienced conniving bastard politician knows (Partly thanks to some coaching from their parents). They bribe. They make secret deals. They assassinate each others character. All that good stuff.

Its only an hour long, so its a quick watch.

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i70Tqkm1lkQ

Vimeo
http://vimeo.com/373933

Netflix HD
http://movies.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=70084322&trkid=2450709

edit: third grade, not first

Longpig Bard fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 7, 2011

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Lone Rogue posted:

I had a friend whose aunt got faith healed of her cancer and refused to do anymore treatment from doctors because the faith healer told her that God removed her cancer.

Guess what she soon died of.

Yeah you can trick someone into thinking they dont have something anymore, and maybe even trick them into not feeling it, but it wont go away. It's why faith healers are evil shitheads and should be prosecuted when someone they've 'healed' dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Yeah you can trick someone into thinking they dont have something anymore, and maybe even trick them into not feeling it, but it wont go away. It's why faith healers are evil shitheads and should be prosecuted when someone they've 'healed' dies.

It's quite amazing, the human mind. Because they told me after the faith healer, she did seem like she was better. She was happy, active and the colour in her skin seemed to come back. But it was all just in her head. The cancer was getting worse and worse and she just wasn't showing it.