Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Williams
Aug 25, 2005
quick someone cash in on their kyoon griffey jr cock pictures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

I CHALLENGE THEE posted:

DEADSPIN: MORE CORRUPT THAN ESPN?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Speaking of Deadspin...

Read this and tell me it's not the most ironic piece of journalism ever.

Barry Peteschky posted:

It's a trope by now to start some kind of off-the-field gossip when a team is underperforming. Villanova was upset in the NCAA Tournament, so Corey Fisher must have knocked up Scottie Reynolds' girlfriend. The Flyers hit a prolonged midseason slump, so Jeff Carter must have been boning Scott Hartnell's wife. LeBron James had a few bad games in the conference semis, so Delonte West must have been sleeping with Mama James.

Not content to let poor play be because of poor play ("we're better than this"), it's natural to spread rumors that something beyond the stadium is influencing matters. If you can bring vice into it, it'll spread faster.

unhwillneverwin
Oct 16, 2010

Smashing through the boundaries
Lunacy has found me
Cannot stop the battery!
Count me in for the group who despises writers and journalists who complain about the weather while covering the Super Bowl. Guess what, you ungrateful fucks? You are getting paid to go to the Super Bowl. Not only that but you are also getting free food and other generous accomidations.

Big Daddy Drew's takedown of the latest Peter King white whine articulates this in a much funnier manner.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2011/01/peter-king-will-fetch-you-cookies-and-gatorade.html

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What's funny is they used to play NFL championship games in wonderful open air stadiums in places like New York, Cleveland, Detriot and Green Bay every year. These writers are just so used to being pampered that they act entitled to perfect Miami weather every year when the reality is that gosh, it's February in the Northen Hemisphere.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
While we're talking about KSK, this is probably the funniest thing I've read this year: Big Daddy Drew's brutal takedown of Whitlock.

quote:

Child, please. Ain’t no bojanglin’ in this column. Head up Scoop Jackson way for some real minstrelsy buffoonery. Your criticisms are real rich coming from the Moneyball Dude Of Game Shows. I knew Ralph Wiley. I studied under Ralph Wiley. I read many of Wiley’s Road Dog columns on Page 2, which were secretly really loving terrible. You think you know Ralph Wiley? Ralph Wiley woulda had Bodie take a bat to your dome for tryin’ to start a beef like that. OMAR STRINGER BELL MY BOY BUNK LOVED HIMSELF SOME PUSSY.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2011/01/ksk-super-bowl-celebrity-pickakke-jason-whitlock.html

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

I CHALLENGE THEE posted:

This really makes me worry about what's going to happen if I ever become famous, good god.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

kaworu posted:

This really makes me worry about what's going to happen if I ever become famous, good god.

so has anyone pm'd you a dickshot based on your av or not

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

so has anyone pm'd you a dickshot based on your av or not

Well, a couple goon-friends that I was already familiar with did so jokingly, but nobody other than them. It's a cool avatar though, it produces amusing reactions and I enjoy that it marks both my gender and sexuality as ambiguous to some degree. I still don't know who bought it, though :(

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

kaworu posted:

Well, a couple goon-friends that I was already familiar with did so jokingly, but nobody other than them. It's a cool avatar though, it produces amusing reactions and I enjoy that it marks both my gender and sexuality as ambiguous to some degree. I still don't know who bought it, though :(

unfortunately i can't claim credit.

that's disappointing, i was hoping that as a result you would be rollin in cock pix

unhwillneverwin
Oct 16, 2010

Smashing through the boundaries
Lunacy has found me
Cannot stop the battery!
Again, Peter King, shut the gently caress up!
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2011/02/debacle.html

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Have we heard from one female sports reporter crying about the weather yet? Someone should ask Peter King if that string between his legs tickles.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

Parlett316 posted:

Have we heard from one female sports reporter crying about the weather yet? Someone should ask Peter King if that string between his legs tickles.

I get it! Peter King must have a vagina because he's whiny! Nobody with a dick would ever complain about things.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

chutwig posted:

I get it! Peter King must have a vagina because he's whiny! Nobody with a dick would ever complain about things.

drat I must a touched a nerve poster chutwig! Maybe you should take some mydol and settle down!

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

kaworu posted:

it was me

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Parlett316 posted:

drat I must a touched a nerve poster chutwig! Maybe you should take some mydol and settle down!

maybe you should make better posts

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

Parlett316 posted:

Shut up and take your casual misogyny back to TFF

BackInTheUSSR
Jun 22, 2004

1.5 HR/9
ACE
I know this is super douchey and gbs-y but I trolled my employers' computer archives today and found a database of phone numbers for almost everyone in sports. Really the only number I'm interested in is Peter King's cell phone number, and I may or may not be texting lovely FWD: FWD: FWD: RE: RE: RE: RE: FUNNY PIC messages to him for the next hour.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Don't get yourself arrested for harassment please

BackInTheUSSR
Jun 22, 2004

1.5 HR/9
ACE
I didn't/wouldn't do that, I am not from gbs. But this list has Mel Kiper and I do want to text him and just start a convo and see if he replies.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

BackInTheUSSR posted:

I didn't/wouldn't do that, I am not from gbs. But this list has Mel Kiper and I do want to text him and just start a convo and see if he replies.

Just give his number to Daltos and let the hilarity ensue.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

jeffersonlives posted:

Just give his number to Daltos and let the hilarity ensue.

WHY DO YOU HAVE SKILL POSITION PLAYERS ABOVE MY PRECIOUS LINEMEN?

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
re: Sanchez, one of these days someone is going to hoax Deadspin and they'll face the mother of all libel suits. After reading Shocking True Story, I wouldn't bet against sports figures trying to set them up.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Kim Jong Il posted:

re: Sanchez, one of these days someone is going to hoax Deadspin and they'll face the mother of all libel suits. After reading Shocking True Story, I wouldn't bet against sports figures trying to set them up.

I don't even get where their story is here. NFL player might have done something legal and not really even embarrassing based on sketchy photo evidence?

Dick Williams
Aug 25, 2005
The 'best' deadspin stories are the ones that don't get hyped up by Daulerio and come completely out of nowhere so I'm going to assume it's going to be a couple of pictures of the inside of Mark Sanchez's bedroom and a bunch of really circumstantial crap.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

I CHALLENGE THEE posted:

The 'best' deadspin stories are the ones that don't get hyped up by Daulerio and come completely out of nowhere so I'm going to assume it's going to be a couple of pictures of the inside of Mark Sanchez's bedroom and a bunch of really circumstantial crap.

Oh that's 100% what it is, I'm just not sure where the "story" is even there.

Dick Williams
Aug 25, 2005

jeffersonlives posted:

Oh that's 100% what it is, I'm just not sure where the "story" is even there.

It's just another lovely salacious sports related sex story, which fits perfectly on a lovely sports related gossip blog

Deadspin is funny only when they troll the traditional media. The Rex Ryan foot fetish story was a hilarious non-story that got blown way out of proportion by proselytizing idiots with too much feigned moral superiority in the press which kind of owned

Dick Williams fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 6, 2011

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Brian Cook was spot on the other day about how while Deadspin is mostly a pile of poo poo they do post good stuff like Dead Wrestler of the Week.

Guess that's about equivalent to Kaplan University scamming the federal government to prop up the Washington Post or similar arrangements.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/files/newsstand/discussion/the_big_lead_espn_has_three_finalists_to_replace_rob_neyer/

The Big Lead says ESPN is looking at Sheehan, Calcaterra, and Keri.

Hope it's #3 because gently caress Sheehan, and Calcaterra already has the equivalent forum.

Oh yeah, guess we didn't discuss all the new BP hires either.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Congrats, ESPN Insiders, you are now going to pay money to read stuff like this:

La Russa's cerebral, academic approach to the game doesn't always yield the right answers, but you're always left with the idea that he's asking the right questions.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

So more Deadspin chat: Is there any specific reason why they've written up two or three items this week talking about those four dudes who hadn't missed going to a Super Bowl in person like they were the worst humans on earth? I really, really did not understand that.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Kim Jong Il posted:

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/files/newsstand/discussion/the_big_lead_espn_has_three_finalists_to_replace_rob_neyer/

The Big Lead says ESPN is looking at Sheehan, Calcaterra, and Keri.

Hope it's #3 because gently caress Sheehan, and Calcaterra already has the equivalent forum.

Oh yeah, guess we didn't discuss all the new BP hires either.

Unless there's some kind of perk that is just outrageous, I couldn't imagine Craig Calcaterra moving from HBT. He has basically free run to say whatever he wants and exactly how he feels. The reason I enjoy reading him so much is he has license to be critical and he uses it where appropriate.

And Jonah Keri JUST started writing for Fangraphs. Not that it's the same level in any way, but would he be permitted to write for two sites? He doesn't seem like a guy to buck a commitment. He still likes the Expos for god's sake.

vvv He makes it so some of their articles are readable!

Badfinger fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 7, 2011

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Jonah Keri is too good for Fangraphs

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Crazy Ted posted:

So more Deadspin chat: Is there any specific reason why they've written up two or three items this week talking about those four dudes who hadn't missed going to a Super Bowl in person like they were the worst humans on earth? I really, really did not understand that.

Eh, =I guess it fits it with the media as a whole and the angle of anything football related gets talked about in the week leading up to the game.

I really doubt gawker is as open to libel as everyone thinks. Denton and AJ are twats, but they aren't dumb. I'd imagine those dudes have a pretty drat good legal counsel on hand for these stories.

Plus, for gossip internet rag like that, any libel suit would probably drive people to the site in droves, so it's not as if it would be as crippling as if the NYT got hit with a big one

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

Are you sure they're not dumb? They seem really dumb

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I really doubt gawker is as open to libel as everyone thinks. Denton and AJ are twats, but they aren't dumb. I'd imagine those dudes have a pretty drat good legal counsel on hand for these stories.

Keep in mind that Gawker's legal counsel is some British woman who gave that Gizmodo editor every single wrong piece of advice she could have given in regards to the iPhone 4 prototype that the editor bought off somebody. Regardless of whose side you were on in that case, she gave pretty bad legal advice and was clearly unaware of a number of California state statutes, so I wouldn't necessarily assume that Gawker's aware of where the legal boundaries could fall.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

chutwig posted:

Keep in mind that Gawker's legal counsel is some British woman who gave that Gizmodo editor every single wrong piece of advice she could have given in regards to the iPhone 4 prototype that the editor bought off somebody. Regardless of whose side you were on in that case, she gave pretty bad legal advice and was clearly unaware of a number of California state statutes, so I wouldn't necessarily assume that Gawker's aware of where the legal boundaries could fall.

Hmm that is true...

Have any of you guys been on the site since they redid the layout?? gently caress, it sucks.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Hmm that is true...

Have any of you guys been on the site since they redid the layout?? gently caress, it sucks.

I like the concept of a main section that allows them to highlight featured stories - their Superbowl Morning After that's up right now looks pretty good.

Stories do tend to get lost in the sidebar, though, and being forced to navigate it without the option of a scroll bar feels a little weird at first.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Hmm that is true...

My face went :gonk: when I checked the site this morning. The post-Super Bowl content is still good, but the site's almost unreadable now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.
I'm not sure what Gawker was going for with this redesign, honestly.