Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

There goes the only decent character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

drat, Adamas gonna be mad

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
c'mon glow halo on the kid

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
What an absolute pile of shite this is.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
Theres quite a few decant character I think.

Edit: well poo poo down one now.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Dammit, we don't even get to see a big explosion, and the kid doesn't die either.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

"I can see Carpathia... It looks... mediocre"

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
wait he suffocated him! gently caress..

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Someone thinks this tiger tiger poo poo is clever writing.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

NEXT TIME : This show still sucks balls.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
So I guess Outcasts is not worth watching on iPlayer then?

CrackDealer
May 12, 2001
Just some in-valid
Daniel Meade!
Hahahaha what a loving waste of an hour.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Brown Moses posted:

Someone thinks this tiger tiger poo poo is clever writing.

it would work better if the child wasn't the worst child actor EVER

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
That's the guy who becomes the Nemesis in Resident Evil, right?

...and Ugly Betty too duh :dead:

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Brown Moses Quick Review : Piece Of poo poo!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Was Apollo in the "next time" bits? Might make it slightly less crap if he ghosts it up

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Fatkraken quick review: gently caress the haters but then again I deliberately watched The Deep.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Ratjaculation posted:

Was Apollo in the "next time" bits? Might make it slightly less crap if he ghosts it up

No he wasn't, it's like the first episode of Spooks, kill off the big name character, suprise everyone.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
The only thing that would have surprised me would have been that stupid ship landing.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Wasn't too bad, but then neither was the first episode of The Deep.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Seriously? Not too bad? It was a massive piece of BBC sci-fi poo poo. Put that up against even the shittest American sci-fi series and the American series will look like the loving Wire.

John_Anon_Smith
Nov 26, 2007
:smug:

Brown Moses posted:

Seriously? Not too bad? It was a massive piece of BBC sci-fi poo poo. Put that up against even the shittest American sci-fi series and the American series will look like the loving Wire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqkXrEMQfA8

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Brown Moses posted:

Really? The only decent yank sci-fi in the last decade are Fringe and BSG. SG-1 and Atlantis were fun, but not exactly high quality. Everything else has blown huge puss-dripping syphilitic cock.

ilikebikes
Nov 6, 2009
That really didn't feel like a first episode, none of the characters were set up so I didn't really care that two of them were killed and I have no idea if those people in the tent scene are aliens or some sort of disease outcasts or what is really going on.

Also the child going on about the tigers feels like a set up to Dr. Who appearing in the next episode.

ilikebikes fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 7, 2011

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Gram-O-Phone posted:

It's not funny the fiftieth time and constantly repeating, and re-repeating it out of context, and actually analyzing the scene and the performances, ruins an otherwise perfectly good piece of comedy slapstick. The worst thing you can do to a joke is repeat it and dissect it.
So it's quite interesting that Lee bases half of his act on exactly that!

Just kidding, I love him too...

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I thought the plot was OK but the *script*, as in the actual lines, failed to make any of the characters appealing or distinct. As in the deep "sad thing involving family* didn't make up for a lack of sparkle, wit and personality in the characters.

Compare it to something like, I dunno, Who or Sherlock where the scripts are really energetic and characters, while not really naturalistic, at least have vigour. The people on this were plodding and dull, which is a shame because the plot, while typical somewhat cheesy sci fi, at least seems mildly interesting (for instance, I like the low-fi sub light ships and the isolation of the colony).

Basically, keep the plot if you like, but give the work of writing actual lines to someone like Moffat or Gattis who can make characters who don't seem like they're sleepwalking plot delivery devices

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 7, 2011

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Don't you loving dare insult Manimal.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
Meanwhile on Tool Academy:
The Maturity course involves carrying sandbags equal to the exact weight of their girlfriends over a mile and reading out a eulogy for their girlfriends at a fake funeral.

What the poo poo?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Stop watching it, you're only encouraging them.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Some Strange Flea posted:

Meanwhile on Tool Academy:
The Maturity course involves carrying sandbags equal to the exact weight of their girlfriends over a mile and reading out a eulogy for their girlfriends at a fake funeral.

What the poo poo?

The big twist at the end will be that they realise the REAL problem they have to overcome is them carrying the dead weight of their nagging, dissatisfied, shrewish girlfriends.

They will all dump their girlfriends

The girlfriends will realise they were idiots for staying with people who they didn't even LIKE

Then, they'll lez up.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
It's strangely hypnotic though, kind of like a horrific accident

Beast
May 2, 2004
thirsty for justice
Could they only afford Apollo for one episode? I mean, ITV got him for a whole season of terrible Law & Order UK.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Beast posted:

Could they only afford Apollo for one episode? I mean, ITV got him for a whole season of terrible Law & Order UK.

Dude eats a lot.

Flatscan posted:

Really? The only decent yank sci-fi in the last decade are Fringe and BSG. SG-1 and Atlantis were fun, but not exactly high quality. Everything else has blown huge puss-dripping syphilitic cock.

Lack of Firefly in your post voids everything you say

Although I do agree

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Ratjaculation posted:

Lack of Firefly in your post voids everything you say

Although I do agree

Wasn't counting Firefly because it got cancelled halfway through it's first season, before it had a chance to prove or disprove its potential. Also didn't count Farscape because it was mostly an Australian production.

Beast
May 2, 2004
thirsty for justice
I also thought for one glorious, GLORIOUS moment that the cockney geezer security guy was Danny Dyer.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Forgetting Lost?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Beast posted:

I also thought for one glorious, GLORIOUS moment that the cockney geezer security guy was Danny Dyer.

More things need Danny dyer in them to be honest, he makes anything better just by his mere cockney urchin presence.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Ratjaculation posted:

Dude eats a lot.

This is for YOU, forums user Ratjaculation

all for you

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

bobkatt013 posted:

Forgetting Lost?

Not in the slightest. Wiped the puss off its chin, licked its fingers and asked for seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp
Watching Outcasts and pleased to see that even in space the dodgy street-corner drug peddler is Irish. Good to know that a BBC policy firmly established by Casualty, Holby City and (to a lesser extent) Spooks is still alive and well in whatever century this is set in. I firmly expect at least one Scots alcoholic/space junkie to turn up before this ends.