Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Williams
Aug 25, 2005

leokitty posted:

I'm not sure what Gawker was going for with this redesign, honestly.

I think it would be really good if I had an iPad but I don't so it loving sucks

edit: also they tried to copy the new Twitter layout but failed pretty miserably

Dick Williams fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Chicken
Dec 15, 2002
I can't remember the 90s too well, but did Gawker miss frames that much?

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.

I CHALLENGE THEE posted:

I think it would be really good if I had an iPad but I don't so it loving sucks

edit: also they tried to copy the new Twitter layout but failed pretty miserably

I am pretty sure it's goofy on tablets too, it needs a better marker between story teases. They all bleed together.

Dick Williams
Aug 25, 2005
ahahaha the Mark Sanchez story is literally a girl saying "omg mark sanchez texted me" on facebook and pictures of his bedroom. Cutting edge journalism.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

I CHALLENGE THEE posted:

ahahaha the Mark Sanchez story is literally a girl saying "omg mark sanchez texted me" on facebook and pictures of his bedroom. Cutting edge journalism.

Also nice: the money shot photos are breaking the new design on my browser.

Dick Williams
Aug 25, 2005
I like how Daulerio is playing the lawyer contacting them as though it's the huge smoking gun when it really reads like the girl was claiming things that weren't true and when Daulerio said that he was going to publish it she realized how much deep poo poo she'd end up in.

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

quote:

[Name redacted], you're making this stuff up now.

And, no, we won't use your name. But this is a story, and this is a bigger problem than you think it is. The bottom line is, you talked to me, you talked to me on the record. You then went back on that. Then you went back on again but told me to say a "friend betrayed you". If you want to go through the entire process of where the legal lines are here, I'd be more than happy to go over them with you. But the reality is, this is a story.

Like I said, we don't have to use your name. But this story is going to run. I'd like more cooperation from you but it's not going to change the fact that this story is in the process of being done.

I'm not trying to ruin your life, I'm trying to do my job. If you'd been a little more upfront with me from the get-go, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Instead, we've had several which were ones that I told you I was going to use for this story.

Just think about it. I'll let you know where we are on Monday, but this is running on Tuesday.

Daulerio is such a loving prick

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
I'm still trying to figure out what the salacious story is supposed to be here.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

stuart scott irl posted:

Daulerio is such a loving prick
Remember back to that GQ article I posted where he told a girl who possibly being raped in a video he put up for a day to just calm down and deal with the fact that she did something stupid.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
There is literally no story here except for how much of an rear end in a top hat Daulerio is

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I've decided that the one article preview while hoping you click on their not very enticing headlines HP is worse than the bunch of articles with <hr> tags the same basic color as the background HP.

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Remember back to that GQ article I posted where he told a girl who possibly being raped in a video he put up for a day to just calm down and deal with the fact that she did something stupid.

Right, and that was demonstrably horrible and he is certainly a scumbag. What blows my mind about this one is how unbelievably banal and unremarkable the "scoop" is and he still acts like a total loving rear end in a top hat and gets all haughty about his "job"

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
The funniest part is that Daulerio could only get the very generic "hooked up" into the story, which for a teenage girl could be anything more serious than holding hands. It's like, if you're going to accuse someone of having sex with a 17 year old like it's a big deal, at least don't hide behind weasel words because you're afraid of getting sued.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

stuart scott irl posted:

Right, and that was demonstrably horrible and he is certainly a scumbag. What blows my mind about this one is how unbelievably banal and unremarkable the "scoop" is and he still acts like a total loving rear end in a top hat and gets all haughty about his "job"
And don't forget that time where he got so mad that an ESPN exec of all people didn't confirm for him that two other members of management were having an affair that he just decided to publish every rumor he had involving ESPN.

I don't know how he didn't get sued for that.

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, I guess I missed that she was 17. But still.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

17 is legal in NY/NJ, and he's 24 not 30 so while it's kind of goofy it's not uncommon at all and not illegal.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
I will say one thing in AJ's defence: he knows how to hype a story. He took something which probably could have led one of those Deleted Scene columns they used to do and with a little creative spin, a pretty banal story picked up a ton of views (over 110k).

Also, remember Sanchez has some skeletons in his closet, too. All things considered, I think the whole story is kind of creepy.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

leokitty posted:

I'm not sure what Gawker was going for with this redesign, honestly.

"We wanted synergy between the quality of our articles and the appearance of our sites."

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

Welp the Sanchez girl's full name and family info (including her dad's job!) are now being reported in various places. This is loving retarded and now her life is gonna suck for a while over something really stupid.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

leokitty posted:

Welp the Sanchez girl's full name and family info (including her dad's job!) are now being reported in various places. This is loving retarded and now her life is gonna suck for a while over something really stupid.

Tell your friends: If you're a girl, never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever talk to AJ Delaurio. He will ruin your life for 100,000 page hits.

Dick Williams
Aug 25, 2005
Two observations: one, the fact that they're parading the "deadspin vs. the jets" storyline as some sort of thing to be proud about is probably one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen on the internet. Second, I would be completely unsurprised if it turns out that someone from deadspin or gawker leaked her name.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

For the gently caress of it: Age of consent in Connecticut is 16.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
I'm bothered by the Internet detective work but not by the story itself. Dating someone 7 years your junior when you're fresh out of college is a little creepy.

Okposolypse
Jan 1, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

leokitty posted:

Connecticut also still has original blend 4lokos.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Okposolypse posted:

too bad you can't buy them on sundays and after 9pm

Quizero
Jan 28, 2009
HAHA holy poo poo I know that girl, that's hosed up

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:

Okposolypse posted:

That's ironic, so does Nevada. The age of consent here...16 :ninja:

Dick Williams
Aug 25, 2005

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

I'm bothered by the Internet detective work but not by the story itself. Dating someone 7 years your junior when you're fresh out of college is a little creepy.

Who gives a poo poo if the quarterback for the New York Jets is creepy or not? Why is it being reported as some sort of big deal?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I love reading about sports before 1990, when players would doubleteam groupies under the bleachers before eating two Big Macs (with a side of nose candy) and punching an opponent in the back of the head.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

OU football was something else.

Dick Williams
Aug 25, 2005

morestuff posted:

I love reading about sports before 1990, when players would doubleteam groupies under the bleachers before eating two Big Macs (with a side of nose candy) and punching an opponent in the back of the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F9vRVyV914

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

leokitty posted:

It's 16 in almost every state

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

morestuff posted:

The best is really Mickey Mantle describing his greatest moment at Yankee Stadium being a blowjob he got under the bleachers once (and only a blowjob because he was injured and couldn't gently caress)

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Billy Martin passing notes back and forth with his lover while managing games with the A's is a pretty funny story too.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

OctoberBlues posted:

The best is really Mickey Mantle describing his greatest moment at Yankee Stadium being a blowjob he got under the bleachers once (and only a blowjob because he was injured and couldn't gently caress)

Don't ask me, I'm no cocksucker

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Good thing Sanchez doesn't play for a team in his Mexican homeland where the Age of Consent is 12 :negative:

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

Bigass Moth posted:

Good thing Sanchez doesn't play for a team in his Mexican homeland where the Age of Consent is 12 :negative:

Mark Sanchez is from Long Beach :confused:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

chutwig posted:

yeah, long beach, mexico

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Mark Sanchez's homeland is Mexico as much as my homeland is France

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

chutwig posted:

You may have heard America is somewhat of a "melting pot" of different nationalities.