Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

PhancyPants posted:

Oh, the horrible things I've done to rental cars...

Seriously. This should be its own thread.

edit: new page, more pics!

Waiting for the Nürburgring to reopen.

Mr.Peabody fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10000lbsofbananas
Jan 3, 2005

Not for consumption.

aventari posted:

new 16x7 Enkeis

Love these wheels. I just ordered a set yesterday, 17x9 wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

FuncType
Mar 29, 2007

Tactical Wiener Lover
Add one more to the Miata army.

Pulled the trigger this morning. 2003 LS 5spd with 43,000 miles. I haven't stopped grinning like a moron all day. Better pics to come soon.

happyscrappyheropup
Oct 13, 2005

mark it zero

Mr.Peabody posted:

Waiting for the Nürburgring to reopen.

Nice shorts. :D

My '72 C10 Suburban.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

happyscrappyheropup posted:

My '72 C10 Suburban.

We really need more pictures and information. That is loving awesome.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Wamsutta posted:

We really need more pictures and information. That is loving awesome.
I want more pictures of that driveway and garage!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

My '72 C10 Suburban.

Wow, that is very nice and I've never seen you post about it before. Ive got a 67 Fleetside I'm working on right now.

Just pulled it out of a greenhouse last year where it had sitting for 30 years.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

My '72 C10 Suburban.

I could be getting posters mixed up, but were you working on turbocharging a Corvette? If so, what happened with that?

happyscrappyheropup
Oct 13, 2005

mark it zero

meatpimp posted:

I could be getting posters mixed up, but were you working on turbocharging a Corvette? If so, what happened with that?

That was me. Been away for a while. I never installed the APS TT kit - by the time I got around to finishing the project, people were having trouble with the components/company. I didn't want any hassle, so I decided to part out a lot of the turbo stuff I had for the car.

I still have the car. It has a low comp LS2 in it waiting on another supercharger.

happyscrappyheropup fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 11, 2011

happyscrappyheropup
Oct 13, 2005

mark it zero

Kylie Sven Opossum posted:

Wow, that is very nice and I've never seen you post about it before. Ive got a 67 Fleetside I'm working on right now.

Nice truck. Details?

I'm on the hunt right now for a 4wd Suburban or pickup. I prefer a '72, but any '67-72 will work. My C10 doesn't do well in the snow. I got stuck in this dusting and had to ride my ATV home. :lol:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Nice truck. Details?

I'm on the hunt right now for a 4wd Suburban or pickup. I prefer a '72, but any '67-72 will work. My C10 doesn't do well in the snow. I got stuck in this dusting and had to ride my ATV home. :lol:

Haha, thats fantastic! I'd be too scared to drive that nice truck in the snow, you definitely need a winter beater.

I had a thread for my truck but it looks like it just went into the archives. Its a 283 and a 3 on the tree. I pulled it out of the greenhouse, fixed the brakes and got it running. Blew the engine doing burnouts, found another 283 on craigslist from a guy I used to work with that has a 327/350hp cam in it. I forget the specs but its pretty wild in a 283. Now I've just been fixing it up enough to drive next summer. As of now all it really needs is the brakes bled and the rears replaced.

Here is what it sounds like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_WYlsCZOPA

The engine (I stole the air cleaner from a Caprice with a 350)

e: This is where it sat:

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 12, 2011

happyscrappyheropup
Oct 13, 2005

mark it zero

Haha, thats fantastic! I'd be too scared to drive that nice truck in the snow, you definitely need a winter beater.

After that trip, it won't happen again. Also, the previous owner used a lot of non SS fasteners on the trim. They're bleeding rust now. And the exhaust is falling off - been carrying around a NIB LMC in the back for the moment it falls off.

I had a thread for my truck but it looks like it just went into the archives. Its a 283 and a 3 on the tree. I pulled it out of the greenhouse, fixed the brakes and got it running. Blew the engine doing burnouts, found another 283 on craigslist from a guy I used to work with that has a 327/350hp cam in it. I forget the specs but its pretty wild in a 283. Now I've just been fixing it up enough to drive next summer. As of now all it really needs is the brakes bled and the rears replaced.

Here is what it sounds like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_WYlsCZOPA

The engine (I stole the air cleaner from a Caprice with a 350)

e: This is where it sat:

Looks great, love the patina. I'm hoping for a less shiny 4wd. Didn't want to dive into a basket case for my first truck.

I trailered this '72 home to MD from WI, fixed some leaks, put on brakes and have driven it 5000 miles in the last 10mos. Interior was near new, just about everything works.

2nd row is original, I think. I have the rear 3rd row in the garage. It works best for carrying when it's not installed.

I need to go through the brakes again, it's sketchy to stop on anything more than dry, warm pavement. Otherwise it's a driver. Starts up in below freezing weather with just a bump of the key.

Interested in seeing which direction you go with yours. I'm trying to stay up with the forum again, so I'll keep an eye out for your posts.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Haha, I have the exact same TV but they told me you're not supposed to lay a plasma down flat :ohdear:

Super nice truck though. I would love a 'Burban or Blazer of that vintage since you don't see them all that often. For now I'm going to drive mine how it looks since the patina is so nice and its genuine. I plan to paint the name of my business on the side and fade it like it had been there as long as the truck. I have a Locke reel mower from the 50s that will go in the back whenever anyone wants a mow with that mower. Fun and free advertising. I'll probably start another thread for it in the spring when I start working on it again and get it on the road.

e: fixed youre so sigtrap doesnt make fun of me.

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 12, 2011

Traumatica
Oct 11, 2007
that voice again...
My new 2011 Citroën C4.

Click here for the full 1000x667 image.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Traumatica posted:

My new 2011 Citroën C4.

Click here for the full 1000x667 image.

drat, don't know what's nicer; the car or the scenery.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

My '72 C10 Suburban.

I don't know if you remember this but a few years ago when you posted shots of your Corvette and the ATV with the snowplow on it, I recognized my boss' house in the background. Well I was just browsing this thread at work and he happened to stop by for an appointment that turned out to have canceled, and he came in as I was looking at this thread and said "hey that's my neighbor!"

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Haha, I have the exact same TV but they told me you're not supposed to lay a plasma down flat :ohdear:

Super nice truck though. I would love a 'Burban or Blazer of that vintage since you don't see them all that often. For now I'm going to drive mine how it looks since the patina is so nice and its genuine. I plan to paint the name of my business on the side and fade it like it had been there as long as the truck. I have a Locke reel mower from the 50s that will go in the back whenever anyone wants a mow with that mower. Fun and free advertising. I'll probably start another thread for it in the spring when I start working on it again and get it on the road.

e: fixed youre so sigtrap doesnt make fun of me.

Hah I have the same one as well. Got it shipped out of NJ (of all places) for the best price I could find. I could barely move the thing, I can't imagine trying to load it into a truck and hauling that thing home.

happyscrappyheropup
Oct 13, 2005

mark it zero

davebo posted:

I don't know if you remember this but a few years ago when you posted shots of your Corvette and the ATV with the snowplow on it, I recognized my boss' house in the background. Well I was just browsing this thread at work and he happened to stop by for an appointment that turned out to have canceled, and he came in as I was looking at this thread and said "hey that's my neighbor!"

I do remember, Dave. Bill and I spent some time plowing together just recently :D

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Kind of reminds me of this dude's Bonanza I got to drive in a few times.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

My '72 C10 Suburban.

That's loving gorgeous. Glad to see you back, I remember following your turbo vette thread and being bummed when you disappeared.

All these old trucks make me so jealous, in that "If I knew then what I know now" kind of way: My grandpa had a '69 GMC fleetside and Grandma had a '65 Chrysler 300. Both were bought new, so they were one owner cars. They sold the truck when I was about 13, because they only needed one car, then sold the Chrysler when they turned in their licenses. I could have bought it but my ex wife didn't get the car thing and we couldn't agree to spend the money. What's worse is that she only wanted $1500 for it. I should have done whatever possible to keep them in the family. It makes me sick to my stomach.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 13, 2011

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Kind of reminds me of this dude's Bonanza I got to drive in a few times.

What a great name. I've never heard of that model before this.

happyscrappyheropup
Oct 13, 2005

mark it zero

LloydDobler posted:

That's loving gorgeous. Glad to see you back, I remember following your turbo vette thread and being bummed when you disappeared.

Thanks. I'm trying to catch up on some of the big threads. It's nice to see some of the same posters around here. I've got some fun car poo poo going right now, I'll post more as the weather improves and I can get more time in the garage.

LloydDobler posted:

All these old trucks make me so jealous, in that "If I knew then what I know now" kind of way: My grandpa had a '69 GMC fleetside and Grandma had a '65 Chrysler 300. Both were bought new, so they were one owner cars. They sold the truck when I was about 13, because they only needed one car, then sold the Chrysler when they turned in their licenses. I could have bought it but my ex wife didn't get the car thing and we couldn't agree to spend the money. What's worse is that she only wanted $1500 for it. I should have done whatever possible to keep them in the family. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Brings a tear to the eye - a 1 owner '69 GMC would be a great ride.

The nice thing is that they're still out there, so you might not have "the one" but you can get one and make it your own.

happyscrappyheropup fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 13, 2011

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Managed to gently caress up my bumper in this weather. :(

awesome-express fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 13, 2011

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

awesome-express posted:

Managed to gently caress up my bumper in this weather. :(

Eh, it's low enough that a metal plate and some pop rivets will have that virtually invisible in 10 minutes.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

What a great name. I've never heard of that model before this.

I guess they were only sold below the Mason-Dixon line, so considering I live in Massachusetts, its quite rare here.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 13, 2011

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

That truck is straight-up classy.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
The color combination on that truck is fantastic, it really makes it look even more like a classic. It also makes me miss my dad's '78 F-150 Ranger :(

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

The color combination on that truck is fantastic, it really makes it look even more like a classic. It also makes me miss my dad's '78 F-150 Ranger :(

I too miss my '78 F-150 Ranger, but mine also had the explorer package.:smug:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
Nice! What engine? My dads was a 390 swap from a 73', I just loved how it sounded with a 4bbl carb and straight pipes :3:

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007

:h:

(this was the day I got it, the stickers are gone now)

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I guess they were only sold below the Mason-Dixon line, so considering I live in Massachusetts, its quite rare here.

I saw one of these (in this color) in Harvard Square recently and my friend commented on how awesome it is. Might have been you?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Its actually not mine, its a friend of a friend's (who is like 60). I live in Springfield though and he lives a town over so I doubt it was all the way up in Boston. I'm pretty sure he stores it in the winter and drives around one of his El Caminos instead as it only has 70,XXX miles on it.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
My E30 that sits too low for the lovely roads in Wisconsin, soon to be not-bronzit.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

New vs. old. 2006 Cayman S and 2001 Miata LS. Lens makes it look like the Miata is bigger, but it isn't really.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

FunkyJunk posted:

Now that's what I call a 2+2 seater.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Click here for the full 1280x853 image.

Just snagged this beast tonight. 2001 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. $1800, minor cosmetic damage to the front, runs and shifts like a loving champ. Needs a new grill and bumper, but all the lights and everything else work. Gonna have to hook it up and get the check engine code read but goddrat i am in love already. Always wanted one of these, and I literally have a dream car finally :h:

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Nice! What engine? My dads was a 390 swap from a 73', I just loved how it sounded with a 4bbl carb and straight pipes :3:

The engine was the stock Ford 351 modified. But the engine was rebuilt internally and had a new carb, heads, cam, headers and intake put on it. It was 10mpg of glory (back in '96 when gas was like $1) It was brown metal flake with orange pin stripes. It also had vintage Enkei Wheels from the 80's. Similar ones are surprisingly on ebay right now. Ohh how I miss that truck. I wish I could find a picture of it.

_firehawk fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 19, 2011

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
New car: 09 Speed3 GT. Old car: 95 240sx (Now for sale)

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn

DSC_0687 by Lando123, on Flickr

2010 Subaru STi Special Edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING