Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I just called after not having it for 2 years and got 5 months with internet for 38, would have been 25 radio only. I don't even have a drat radio! If anyone wants to shoot me a few bucks I can reg their radio under my account for the 5 months if it seems easy (no promises it is easy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
So Eric made one last video for his main Youtube account. And spent the entirety of it acting like someone being a year off his actual age was a crime of stupidity.

He's so amazingly stunted in all facets of his life :allears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z1wBEw-3bc

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

So Eric made one last video for his main Youtube account. And spent the entirety of it acting like someone being a year off his actual age was a crime of stupidity.

He's so amazingly stunted in all facets of his life :allears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z1wBEw-3bc
Ugh what a tool

Jd's latest video probably got to him. Eric is so dumb, i mean why not go on & let them goof a little and then get access to the bunny ranch action?

loving kid takes himself way too seriously.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
ericthebedhumper is a 'repost' archive... there are a few other new ones on the official channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTveql3bQaI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVnIa-sMpMw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXrFyaQb0tw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6IIBNTlsko

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I know what it is, if you check Eric's real account you'd see the last video uploaded is the one I posted.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.

KKKLIP ART posted:

My subscription ran out and it seems just now, about 4 months later, they finally cut my service. I don't really know if I want to renew, most all of the music stuff I can get on my SIMS card via Pandora, but I dont know if I want to sign up again. Think they will cut me a solid deal due to me being an unhappy customer?

I canceled toward the end of last summer and I get letters from them at least once a month begging me to come back for the low price of $20 total for the first five months*, so I'd say yeah, give it a shot. As long as you take the initiative to call I think they'll do anything they can to keep you around.

*I haven't actually gotten around to reading the fine print. :)

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Millstone posted:

lol I looked up that Facebook page:

quote:

You and Eric
* Greg Fitzsimmons is a mutual friend.

haha, what the gently caress.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
So I have been reading "The War for Late Night: When Leno Went Early and Television Went Crazy" today and I just caught something VERY interesting...

quote:

NBC also had a few fine points it wanted to discuss, a primary one being an assurance that Howard Stern would not appear as a guest during Conan's last week. This struck Rosen as a comical request - Conan had no interest in booking anyone as incendiary as Stern - so it was easily accepted.

Remember Howard going on and on about how Conan wanted him for the last week and him hem-hawing over it. Complete bullshit.

Also I have it on good authority that all this publicity about Howard on Twitter is because of both Sirius PR and Howard's publicist pushing it. It is all a part of this PR blitz to bring attention that Howard is on the Sirius/XM app.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

What part of Twitter isn't vying for public attention?
The last thing I would mistake Twitter for is some medium for altruism.

Whoever conjured up that PR plan made some good moves.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Djarum posted:

Also I have it on good authority that all this publicity about Howard on Twitter is because of both Sirius PR and Howard's publicist pushing it. It is all a part of this PR blitz to bring attention that Howard is on the Sirius/XM app.

All the publicity, or Howard actually sitting down and tweeting? Because there's no way that Howard's on Twitter for any reason other than he's bored and enjoys it. Howard's always gotten off on audience interaction and Twitter has a much higher ratio of kissasses:trolls than forums and the like.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Shes Not Impressed posted:

What part of Twitter isn't vying for public attention?
The last thing I would mistake Twitter for is some medium for altruism.

Whoever conjured up that PR plan made some good moves.

My problem is that it reeks of being phony. Tons of celebs join everyday on Twitter and they don't get media attention.

It is just like Howard taking over American Idol, being on Conan's last week... You get the picture. I wonder how much is it publicists trying to keep his name out there since his moving to Sirius his profile has gone way down and how much is it him trying to fuel his ego?

I found out about this from a friend who works for a major news outlet. I was talking about how I found all this sudden interest in someone joining Twitter was kind of strange. She told me about how they had a publicist push them the story and how it was all spin.

I don't mind Howard stroking his ego at all, but I don't like it when he outright lies to the audience. His whole shtick is being completely open and honest. When you pull stunts like this it takes both him and the show down a few notches; like Dan Rather reporting the fake story or finding out your parents faked being a happy couple for years and were cheating on each other. You still like them but you don't have any respect for them nor do you take them seriously anymore.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

They must have assigned the same PR agent who gets a Jennifer Aniston story in the news every day.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Djarum posted:

I found out about this from a friend who works for a major news outlet.

Yeah well I heard from 'a friend' who works for a 'major government agency' that everything you heard is wrong :smug:

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

"Tons of celebs" are not equal to Howard Stern. The guy is funny and provocative so people are of course going to see what he has to say.

And if his schtick is being open and honest, then it's still a schtick. Why should he reveal PR and business plans on the air? He's been honest about doing these talk shows simply because Sirius wants him to promote the apps, so I'm not sure what you're getting at anyway.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Millstone posted:

If it's him, he's still a loving drama queen.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Shes Not Impressed posted:

"Tons of celebs" are not equal to Howard Stern. The guy is funny and provocative so people are of course going to see what he has to say.

And if his schtick is being open and honest, then it's still a schtick. Why should he reveal PR and business plans on the air? He's been honest about doing these talk shows simply because Sirius wants him to promote the apps, so I'm not sure what you're getting at anyway.

Yeah, obviously PR people have their jobs for a reason and if Stern being on Twitter is what's going on then they're going to run with it and try to get it publicized, but a lot of what's being written about Howard using Twitter is probably due to the fact that he's high profile and actually has things to say.

Howard makes a living entertaining people live on the radio by sharing his thoughts and such. Twitter gives people a public forum to share their thoughts and such, so obviously Howard signing up is a bigger deal than actor/musician/talking head #104913049. People don't just want to hear what's going on in Howard's personal life, they want to hear his thoughts and opinions period. The same can't be said for the vast majority of twitter...ers?

Howard's the biggest radio personality there's ever been or will be. Even if his influence is dwindling, him getting publicity for being on Twitter isn't exactly a head-scratcher, and the Private Parts commentary thing was newsworthy on its own. Given how many TV stars are on Twitter I'm surprised that live-casting commentary during their shows hasn't become a thing yet.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 15, 2011

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

":c00lbert:: good thing those claws can't pull triggers" is probably the greatest thing I've read in this entire thread.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Actually, how could he kill himself? Other than pills is there any thing he can even do to harm himself with all his disabilities?

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
I really don't care if Howard going on Twitter is a PR ploy, I enjoy it either way.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
No one else finds it funny that Justin Bieber would do a shout-out to Howard and Beth via a Twitter post, and then Howard dedicating his "shout-out" to the next Sybian ride?

Gotta admit, that was funny.

edit:

thanks,appreciate it.in return I'm dedicating the next sybian ride to you. RT @justinbieber I’m dedicating #NeverSayNever3D to u and Beth Friday, February 11, 2011 7:57:29 AM via web in reply to justinbieber

Cliche Guevara fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Feb 15, 2011

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

AltronHGX posted:

Actually, how could he kill himself? Other than pills is there any thing he can even do to harm himself with all his disabilities?

Fall out of his chair? Crash his power wheels? Make his head explode?

You guys are sounding a bit crazy, obviously everything Howard does has a slant on his job and staying popular, but if he was required to use twitter, he would be doing it during the show and he would probably be fighting it and at this point, I don't think Sirius makes him do anything.

He got to pick what shows he went on, because he likes going on shows. He tweets because he likes it. There is very little Howard HAS to do now.

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!

AltronHGX posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut2HPfktBb8

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Here's something weird - I friended that Eric account on Facebook on now, before he has responded his wall posts are showing up in my Newsfeed.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

You know, I was just going to say that.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

AltronHGX posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP2_3fOEhMM#t=1m27s

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
M favorite part of his videos is at the very begining where he hoists himself up to get more into frame. He does it every time. I always got back and watch it like 5 times before watching the full video.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Kelly posted:

Here's something weird - I friended that Eric account on Facebook on now, before he has responded his wall posts are showing up in my Newsfeed.

For some profiles, you'll see their updates even if they haven't responded to your friend request yet. Don't know why, but I've seen it before.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
They on vacation this week? I need to know how frugal I need to be with my remaining shows to make it through a work week.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

AxeManiac posted:

They on vacation this week? I need to know how frugal I need to be with my remaining shows to make it through a work week.

Yup. Probably going to be off Monday as well.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Djarum posted:

Yup. Probably going to be off Monday as well.

And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...And the Monday after that...

Of course if anyone complains Howard will now reply with, "Hey! I'm on Twitter. You can read my tweets to get your fix!"

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
My buddy just posted this of Facebook.

"Topless!"

I am pretty sure he is not a Stern fan and just has his convertible out today, but I really really want to reply to him T-O-P-L-E-S-S TOPLESS!

Today's best of had some great Mund from the first time the let High Pitch Eric in the studio. You also got to hear semi normal and funny Cabbie.

Oh, and apparently Spice had a heart attack.

BTLSRadio
Complaining of shortness of breath left arm numb. Chest pains.
9 minutes ago
»

BTLSRadio
I'm here http://plixi.com/p/77697167
11 minutes ago
»

BTLSRadio
Ok bubba army dont freak out but I'm at Tampa general hospital checking on my boy &@Matt_Spice_Loyd he's in emergency room details 2follow

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 16, 2011

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Oh gee, I hope he makes it

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

chiz posted:

Oh gee, I hope he makes it

Holy poo poo. Of all the people on the show, I figured Bubba's fat rear end would be the first one to have a grabber. Spice is only like 31 or 32 as well.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Spice update.

BTLSRadio
I think it's a panic/stress deal. He needs to take some time off. And decompress
7 minutes ago
»

BTLSRadio
Him over night for observation and more testing.I gave him a big hug and told him I love him. Cause deep down I really do.
8 minutes ago
»

BTLSRadio
Had a few ab normal things in blood work 1 being a kidney deal and the other was a concern of blood clotting in lungs.they r going 2 keep

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Is he a drug user or anything? Those are a lot of problems for a young guy. :(

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Kelly posted:

Is he a drug user or anything? Those are a lot of problems for a young guy. :(

He really only seems to be a pot head, but also it seems like all of them are always on some sort of upper considering their schedule.

...or it's just karma for the constant making fun of the reporter that may/may not have stroked out while commentating on the Grammys this past Sunday.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

BTLSRadio
Him over night for observation and more testing.I gave him a big hug and told him I love him. Cause deep down I really do.

$5 says Bubba is using Spice in some kind of Dorian Gray deal.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Just read a few pages of how Howard is using Twitter to try and reclaim the spotlight because he's totally irrelevant now. :lol:

You guys complain / think about the stupidest poo poo. Howard is tweeting because he likes it, it's interesting. It's the first new technology he's really gotten a hold of and actually used. Remember the first time you got on Myspace or Facebook and went apeshit? That's what he's doing.

Jesus. The over-analysis of Stern and his motives is funny. Keep it up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

hunter x az posted:

Jesus. The over-analysis of Stern and his motives is funny. Keep it up!

[gary]I don't think you get the show.[/gary]