Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Wow

I really hope people call in and bitch, its been coming to him for a long time

Ha, hey maybe with more time together Beth will reach her breaking point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

burmart posted:

The problem I have with three days a week is that we'll get more crappy guests crammed into the spots that would normally just be them bullshitting and streching because they don't have anything else going on.

I've always liked the "Lets stir up some poo poo" aspects of the show more than the produced segments or interviews. With less time to fill, we're going to get more produced segments and interviews crowding out the stuff I prefer.

There'll always been time for Howard to complain about retiring on his new schedule.

Nicke
Mar 10, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

I'd still rather have 3 shows a week then no shows. I'd like 5 days a week, and as long as we are dreaming get Artie back in there and make Howard about 10 years younger again.

Make that 15 years and hire Jackie and Billy West again. Send Artie back to MadTV where he belongs.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
You guys know that Monday is a holiday, right?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Man I almost pissed my pants during the "gay special" on 101 today. I missed almost every segment they had. When KC called in about hooking up with that crossdresser* (which I did not know about) I was kinda laughing, then they broke out the Richard classic's (at the ramrod in ft lauderdale......hi I'm the head fag at the playboy mansion) and I started laughing so hard I had to literally put my head down at the desk and catch my breath. If the Monday (assuming they are really no Monday) shows are all done that well then I say bring it on

*They played like 3 different KC being gay thing then I youtubed KC gay for the last 2 hours of work so this may have been on youtube, but still

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
I know we've complained about it a million times so it's stupid and redundant, BUT: it will always piss me off that they do a "Best of the Week" on Fridays during their weeks off. Just play another old show. Any of them at all, even if they're not considered notable. Anything. If I've been listening all week, why would I want to hear this poo poo again? Feh.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Did anyone catch Jeff the Vomit guy today? Gary was a huge creep to the girls. Howard was all set to give the 2 losing contestants free breast implants but then Gary says "no they should have to earn them". Then he's telling them they have to get fully nude and then kiss the one girl that did vomit.I don't care what they do to the girls on the show but this just set me off. Maybe because I hate Gary so much.

If I lived in the area I'd replay it for the woman on the city council and just watch what unfolds lol.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Speaking of Gary and the city council, did anyone catch the news report they did about it? They played clips of one woman giving Gary kind of hard time about the show and some of the things he had done. His defense? "Well, you see, I am playing a character..."

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh
I have to say of late, with a few exceptions, I like the replays better than whats been coming on the show. Hearing Black Jeopardy, Homeless Jeopardy, Hollyweird Squares and all the old game shows was loving great. I really wish they would do more of that.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

quote:

Watching american idol. I have gas but I'm holding it in out of respect for my wife.
about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPad

quote:

Beth left the room but I don't dare
about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPad

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Kelly posted:

Speaking of Gary and the city council, did anyone catch the news report they did about it? They played clips of one woman giving Gary kind of hard time about the show and some of the things he had done. His defense? "Well, you see, I am playing a character..."

He got that from Robin, she says that poo poo all the time. Then you watch Vegucating Robin and....

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Kelly posted:

They actually addressed this on the show, Robin said "Wait just a second, when I said I was playing a character you guys gave me endless grief!" and Gary responded "Yeah but I actually admit that it was total bullshit", he was just trying to say anything he could to get through the process as quickly and uncontroversially as possible.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Gary also broke out his go to "Well, what do you do for a living"

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting a lifetime subscription back in the day. Does anyone think it's still worth it? It's around $800 which is much cheaper than what I'm paying per year for my current package.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting a lifetime subscription back in the day. Does anyone think it's still worth it? It's around $800 which is much cheaper than what I'm paying per year for my current package.

How do you pay 800$ a year for Sirius?

drat.

At any rate, lifetime subs are only good for the "life" of the radio.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Lifetime subs are now literally the life of the company.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Lifetime subs are now literally the life of the company.

Are there people who are buying lifetime subscriptions after it was revealed that it was only for the radio's 'lifetime?'

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Kelly posted:

If there is one thing I learned about the show, is that the people on it really aren't playing a character, even if they say they are.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I have a bill with Sirius for 3.20. I tried to pay it, but it won't take a payment lower than 5.00. So I tried 5.00 and it won't let you pay for more than your current amount due.

gently caress you Sirius.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

hunter x az posted:

I have a bill with Sirius for 3.20. I tried to pay it, but it won't take a payment lower than 5.00. So I tried 5.00 and it won't let you pay for more than your current amount due.

gently caress you Sirius.

When Sirius dies, this should be the epitaph.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

hunter x az posted:

You can transfer a lifetime sub to another receiver a total of 3 times. I think they have a bullshit $75 transfer fee, though.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

hunter x az posted:

How do you pay 800$ a year for Sirius?

drat.

It's $200 a year for XM and the best of Sirius. My radio is my car stock radio and it's only 4 years old. It would be cheaper for me if I keep it another 5+ years. I'm just not sure if the company will be around another 4-5 years.

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

Glumwheels posted:

It's $200 a year for XM and the best of Sirius. My radio is my car stock radio and it's only 4 years old. It would be cheaper for me if I keep it another 5+ years. I'm just not sure if the company will be around another 4-5 years.

I wouldn't buy the entire company for $800, let alone spend that on a subscription, but you might be a lot richer than I am, so maybe $800 isn't that much to you.

$200/year is still what, like $17/month? That's ridiculous. If you called in and threatened to cancel they'd definitely give it to you for half that, at least.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

Didn't realize it was a car receiver. Car receivers with lifetime subs are only transferable if it's stolen or accidentally damaged.

geera
May 20, 2003
Between Howard's random tweets about hiding his gas from Beth and H100 News' random tweets like this gem:

@sternshow posted:

Coming up an H100 News Exclusive: We uncover ANOTHER woman who was offered money by JD Harmeyer in return for sucking on a dildo. Stay tuned
It seems like they're finally embracing Twitter and putting it to good (hilarious) use. Here's hoping Howard doesn't get scared off by an e-stalker and/or the insane amount of pressure he's no doubt putting on himself to "perform" with his tweets.

therapy posted:

$200/year is still what, like $17/month? That's ridiculous. If you called in and threatened to cancel they'd definitely give it to you for half that, at least.
I just called to cancel 2 radios today (a dead Starmate 4 and a house radio that never gets used) and they offered me something like 6 months for $25. Ended up converting my subscription to internet-only to try out the app streaming that Howard's been crowing about.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Man, when Fred was randomly dropping dictionary.com pronunciations during the news, I was rolling. It is so childish, but drat, that is good stuff.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

therapy posted:

I wouldn't buy the entire company for $800, let alone spend that on a subscription, but you might be a lot richer than I am, so maybe $800 isn't that much to you.

How long does it take on the phone loving around jumping through hoops and cajoling customer service people to save that $100?

(still enjoying my lifetime subscription that I bought in 2006. the Kenwood Here2Anywhere radio is apparently indestructible.)

AxeManiac posted:

Man, when Fred was randomly dropping dictionary.com pronunciations during the news, I was rolling. It is so childish, but drat, that is good stuff.

I've been playing Test Drive Unlimited 2 and I can't help but laugh every time I hear the GPS robo-woman say "Your. Turn. Is. In. Three. HUNDRED! Yards." because of those bits by Fred.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
I miss the good ol days of constant ball busting:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Handsome00Brilliant#p/u/36/hvwVA6X88bI

hypersober
Mar 27, 2006
So I guess Sirius is the new AOL?

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm listening to the show from 10-02-07 instead of the awesome 1980's Dee Snider interview today, and about 30 minutes into the show a caller ragged on Howard for sneaking out on Fridays and loving subscribers over (that must have been a recent development at the time).

I found that ironic.

Thanks for this. I loved the Win Fred's Money segment.

Another classic Artie moment: spoilered just in case you decide to listen to that show

After everyone convinced the girl, who was insecure about her body and weight, to get naked for $500 and telling her that she looked sexy and her body was fine, the girl said she couldn't pass up $500 because she was a starving college student. Artie mumbled "starving?" Everyone burst into laughter.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

geera posted:

It seems like they're finally embracing Twitter and putting it to good (hilarious) use. Here's hoping Howard doesn't get scared off by an e-stalker and/or the insane amount of pressure he's no doubt putting on himself to "perform" with his tweets.

I just called to cancel 2 radios today (a dead Starmate 4 and a house radio that never gets used) and they offered me something like 6 months for $25. Ended up converting my subscription to internet-only to try out the app streaming that Howard's been crowing about.
a) JD is so pathetic. It is incredible.

b) How much was your internet only? They told me it was more expensive for internet only than the 6 months for 25 + 3 a month for internet

edit

c) the news said Richard went from like 220 to 155 in one year. I guess he stopped drinking like 40 beers before AC/DC concerts?

geera
May 20, 2003

Ribsauce posted:

b) How much was your internet only? They told me it was more expensive for internet only than the 6 months for 25 + 3 a month for internet
I think the $25 deal was only if I chose to keep one of my radios active. The internet-only is the same price as one radio, which is around $12.99/month.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
That is what I was was getting it. It is cheaper to say you are going to keep a radio and then pay the internet than pay 13 a month. It comes to like 42 bucks or something instead of 78

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

Ether Frenzy posted:

How long does it take on the phone loving around jumping through hoops and cajoling customer service people to save that $100?

Took me less than 15 minutes during my drive to work.

Maybe it's not worth it to you, but if I can save $100 in 15 minutes I'll do it every loving time.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Oh hell yeah, I didn't mean it that way - I just meant "It used to take 2 hours with these clowns to get your address successfully changed, and after the end of it you felt defeated even if you won". (At least, from all the stories I've heard. I've never really had to use Sirius customer service.)

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Glumwheels posted:

really? I'm celebrating not getting a lifetime subscription.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
The radios seem to burn out really quickly, so even if you can transfer the sub a time or two it still wouldn't be worth it. Not in my case at least. My old car had something going on where I literally burned out four different radios over a four year period. Now, it was probably something electrical in the car, but I would have been hosed in that situation in any case.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Even if it's an hour, that's $100 an hour! That's $208,000 a year you could be earning! You do the math! Follow the money!

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh
WARNING :siren: You are about to read a good story about sirius/customer service. Your results may vary, and probably have. :siren:

Up until a few months ago, I still was using the Starmate 4 that I bought in 2006.
It went through quite a bit of torture being moved between an assortment of work vehicles and my car that were all full of dirt and poo poo, being in my lunch bag when I was working etc.. getting all kinds of dirt, and dust and other crap all over it. It finally stopped working, well it still works technically I suppose. I took it apart and found that there is a small break in a piece of metal on the inside that I'm sure if I solder it, it will be fine (haven't gotten around to it yet).
I ended up getting a Starmate 5 on boxing day for 30 bucks.
I was a bit pissed that I couldn't transfer the balance of my 4 on to the account of my 5, but was refunded promptly for what I still had on the 4. And by promptly I mean within a week. I checked my credit card balance for any refunds the next time I was at the bank, which was a few days later.
Most recently, I called to get my account name and password for listening online and it was easy as all gently caress.
The people I dealt with even spoke fluent english.

Buying poo poo from the sirius store was easy too. Prompt shipping and all that.

I don't work for Sirius, these are just my experiences dealing with them. Obviously not everyone has had the same luck.

Oh yeah, baba booey baba booey, howard stern's penis.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Forgive me for asking but have we had any ETM news since that suicide post (if it was legit)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
I've never had a problem with Sirius customer service. They've gone above and beyond for me. Maybe you guys are all just assholes on the phone.