Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know

Toplowtech posted:

He's speaking far too much and isn't saying nearly enough. Also "OIL".

Was thinking more his poses and expressions without "ums". He looks like a CEO who practiced a bad news speech for weeks, not a guy rambling tales of African illegal immigrants who broke out of jail to drunkenly drive tanks around oil fields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Do you think he'll finish that speech and say to his aides "hey, I thought that went pretty well, don't you?"

pincky
Oct 28, 2010
Gaddafi's son pulls a Palin. This will surely quell the peoples uprising! And it was only 84 citizens killed NOT over 200!!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Well, I finally know how to pronounce "Jamahiriya."

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Haha, now he's saying that William Hague's phone call to him implied that Britain would occupy Libya.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Brown Moses posted:

It's the old "give a rambling speech and promise reforms even though it's way to late for that" that Mubarak pulled.

Makes you wonder how much money this one is very quickly shuffling around.

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know

Brown Moses posted:

Haha, now he's saying that William Hague's phone call to him implied that Britain would occupy Libya.

It was awfully considerate of Britain to call before hand to let them know they're planning on invading and taking their oil.

Wow, even us Canadians are plotting their overthrow now.

Homeroom Fingering fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 21, 2011

Tarnek
Nov 4, 2009
He's running out of scary things to say about the possible future: "you may need visas when traveling the country!"

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

The Libyians in London, New York, and Manchester?!?

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Brown Moses posted:

The Libyians in London, New York, and Manchester?!?

The three city states that rule the world

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
This is pretty hilarious stuff. It's a lot easier to appreciate it if you think of it as performance art.

Asclepius Hot Rod
Apr 5, 2009
I guess I would be rambling too if my father fled the country and I had just murdered my brother.

This is like autocratic performance art. Stream of consciousness fear mongering about drug use, imperialism, visas, and civil war.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Patter Song posted:

"I'll be honest. We are all armed."

:allears:

Let's all calm down and die in an orderly fashion.

Tarnek
Nov 4, 2009
"He's not a traditional president"

I agree with that.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
"Muammar al-Qaddaffi is not a traditional, classic president."

Biggest understatement of the decade.

EDIT: is he SERIOUSLY claiming that the African mercenaries are in the protestors employ?

pincky
Oct 28, 2010
It seems that he can stop talking. Everytime I think he stops talking he thinks of something else to talk. This is very strange

lil sartre
Feb 12, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Nenonen posted:

Gaddafi actually supported the Southern Sudanese rebels in the 1980's during Nimeiry's leadership because Nimeiry supported the Israeli-Egyptian peace. Libya was basically being a dick to anyone who didn't agree with Gaddafi's ideals of Arab and Muslim unity, even if this meant funding Christian rebels.

Soon after Nimeiry left the relations between Libya and Sudan improved, however, so much so that Libyan troops were allowed to be stationed in Darfur to operate against Chad. Trying to understand North African politics might become easier after Gaddafi has gone...

Yea, I was talking about his relations with the current regime in Sudan.

Speaking of politics, Gaddafi poses as a pan-african leader in Africa, while in Europe he declares himself as the "defender of white and christian europe" against the "hordes of African savage immigrants" and he got a shitload of money from EU and especially Italy to prevent immigration.

hypern
Oct 4, 2007
Well he is doing really well with the rambiling and talking. Bets on how long before he comes up with even more desperate theorys

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

At least he didn't blame the Jews.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

pincky posted:

It seems that he can stop talking. Everytime I think he stops talking he thinks of something else to talk. This is very strange

This is perhaps the most insane speech I have heard...in a long time.

Brown Moses posted:

At least he didn't blame the Jews.

give him a minute, I'm sure he will get to the Zionist conspiracy in a while...

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

It's 1:30am in Libya at the moment, this has probably sent the country to sleep.

lil sartre
Feb 12, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

pincky posted:

I think he wants to outdo Castro or something. Well its way past midnight here so I'm going to sleep, I expect him to still be talking when I wake up tomorrow morning

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

He should really pick a theme and stick to it. It's like he's doing freeform jazz.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
"How does it feel when some people just leave the country open and vurnerable to drugs and smugglers?"

Do you know how it makes me feel Libya? DO YOU KNOW HOW IT MAKES ME FEEL? Al Jazeera is laughing at us Libya, don't break up with me like this! LIBYA YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART
:gonk:

edit: they just seriously asked someone what they think of his speech. This is the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
I went and ate a leisurely dinner and he's STILL TALKING?

fake edit: he just stopped

QuentinCompson
Mar 11, 2009

lil sartre posted:

I think he wants to outdo Castro or something. Well its way past midnight here so I'm going to sleep, I expect him to still be talking when I wake up tomorrow morning

He's following in Dad's footsteps. Remember the rambling speech Qaddafi gave to the U.N. in 2009 or 10 where he said a lot of reasonable things about U.S imperialism and then also blamed the Israelis for H1N1 or something crazy like that?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Speech over, and Al Jazeera immediately boils it down to, "Well, the protestors do have tanks, and Qaddaffi claims that the revolt's due to drugs and separatists."

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Those silly young people with their immigrants, their internet and their drugs. And now they have tanks and guns.

Shakespearean Beef
Jul 12, 2008

Ask me all about how I proudly marched alongside literal NEO-NAZIS to protest against the GOVERNMENT taking away our FREEDOMS because of nothing mote that the common FLU!!! I'm holding aloft the TORCH of FREEDOM!!

lil sartre posted:

I think he wants to outdo Castro or something.

Thing is Castro is actually good at Long Speeches. That was like being in a loving business meeting!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Patter Song posted:

EDIT: is he SERIOUSLY claiming that the African mercenaries are in the protestors employ?

Don't you all understand the protesters hired African mercenaries to shoot them just to discredit the government!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Do I have this right? He's claiming that the Chadian mercenaries are actually illegal immigrants with guns who came to Libya on their own to cause chaos?

And they must unite against them!

QuentinCompson
Mar 11, 2009

randombattle posted:

Don't you all understand the protesters hired African mercenaries to shoot them just to discredit the government!

It worked! Excellent strategizing, protestors.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Lycus posted:

Do I have this right? He's claiming that the Chadian mercenaries are actually illegal immigrants with guns who came to Libya on their own to cause chaos?

And they must unite against them!
It's all a foreign plot! And if his regime is destroyed the Imperial European fleet will take over the country! :tinfoil:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
"The Libyans who live in Europe and USA, their children go to school and they want you to fight. They are comfortable. They then want to come and rule us and Libya. They want us to kill each other then come, like in Iraq."

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

BBC saying it was retarded.

Tarnek
Nov 4, 2009
With all the different people and organizations he blamed (foreign mercenaries, separatist tribes, islamists wanting to form emirates, thugs on drugs, young people from the internet, every other nation, al-jazeera etc.) it has to be the most complicated plot ever thought of.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Brown Moses posted:

BBC saying it was retarded.

You mean Libyan opposition isn't fueled by drug-crazed separatists, foreign agents, and exiles? Who knew?

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Tarnek posted:

With all the different people and organizations he blamed (foreign mercenaries, separatist tribes, islamists wanting to form emirates, thugs on drugs, young people from the internet, every other nation, al-jazeera etc.) it has to be the most complicated plot ever thought of.

Arabs absolutely love conspiracies.

Limbo
Oct 4, 2006

Tarnek posted:

He just needed something to tie it all together...perhaps some kind of chalkboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Brown Moses posted:

It's the old "give a rambling speech and promise reforms even though it's way to late for that" that Mubarak pulled.

This is the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWIbCtz_Xwk

At 2:39 mark the crowd starts a whistling concert and Ceausescu and his wife totally lose the situation.

Four days later, on Christmas day, they were executed.

• Locked thread