Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

fenix down posted:

Am I crazy, or did I just read this entire thread?
____________/

::chewing gum:: You read the entire thread, ninety-eight pages? Yeah, right. Yeah, I buy that, teach.

An image to start the new page on the right foot.

Jack Bandit fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I bought the series boxset and just recently finished watching the whole shebang. I'd only seen about half the episodes before, so it was glorious.

My favorite three episodes are The Dealership, The Big Salad, and The Pool Guy.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Now if, in fact, this mechanic was eating a Fifth Avenue bar as he claims, wouldn't you agree he would have no problem picking one out from a candy lineup?

I spent the last hour preparing ten candy bars with no wrappers or identification of any kind for him to select from. Only I hold the answer key to their true candy identities. And so, without further ado, I give you... the candy lineup.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It took you an hour?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Nougat? Please. I think I’ve reached the point in my life where I can tell the difference between nougat and cookie. So, let’s not say things that we both know are COMPLETE FABRICATIONS!!!

Diar
Dec 22, 2003

Why would I have a problem with it? John Redcorn is gay, and I've been friends with him for twenty years.
A NICKLE!

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
Hey, Willie, look, FREE CANDAY!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Hipster_Doofus posted:

This is the same actor whose character did this 14 episodes later:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URvMd-pjSMc

e: Seinfeld: "It was an inferno in there, an INFERNO!"

or alternately: "There's the coward that left us to die!"

e2: Man this clip is rich with great quotes: "Did ya knock... her over too, or just the kids?"

This is why I always sit in the exit row on planes. So that in an emergency, the Costanza inside me does not reveal itself.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

fenix down posted:

I bought the series boxset and just recently finished watching the whole shebang. I'd only seen about half the episodes before, so it was glorious.

My favorite three episodes are The Dealership, The Big Salad, and The Pool Guy.

Seinfeld is one show that it is absolutely impossible for me to name my favorite episodes from. I can tell you episodes that weren't quite as good as others, but it's just to hard to pick favorites.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
It's a Twix! They're ALL Twix! It was a setup! A setup, I tell ya, and you've robbed it! You've all SCREWED ME AGAIN!

TWIIIIIIIIIIIIX!!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My favorite episode is The Race. Kramer as Santa, Mickey as an elf, Elaine dating the commie, Jerry dating Lois and the Superman theme throughout with the perfect climax...

Every quote from Kramer about communism is hilarious.

quote:

KID: I want a racing car set.

KRAMER: Ho ho ho ho A racing car set! Those are assembled in Tai Wan by kids like you. And these Coleman pigs, they sell it at triple the cost.

KID: But I want a racing car set.

KRAMER: You see kid, you're being bamboozaled. These capatalist fat cats are inflating the profit margin and reducing your total number of toys.

KID: Hey, this guy's a commie!

quote:

KRAMER: Each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

MICKEY: What does that mean?

KRAMER: Well, if you've got needs and abilities that's a pretty good combination.

MICKEY: So what if I want to open up a delicatessen?

KRAMER: There are no delicatessens under Communism.

MICKEY: Why not?

KRAMER: Well, because the meats are divided into a class system. You got Pastrami and Corned Beef in one class and Salami and Bologna in another. That's not right.

MICKEY: So you can't get Corned Beef?

KRAMER: Well, you know, if you're in the Politburo, maybe.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Wait, is Twix actually the only candy with the cookie crunch? I find that hard to believe.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Ehud posted:

My favorite episode is The Race. Kramer as Santa, Mickey as an elf, Elaine dating the commie, Jerry dating Lois and the Superman theme throughout with the perfect climax...

Every quote from Kramer about communism is hilarious.

You didn't even include my favorite:
"I didn't realize it was such a sensitive issue."
"Communism, you didn't realize Communism was a sensitive issue? What do you think has been going on in the world for the past 60 years?!"

Cryptozoology
Jul 12, 2010

User-Friendly posted:

Wait, is Twix actually the only candy with the cookie crunch? I find that hard to believe.

I'm pretty sure Twix is the only candy bar with cookie as a major ingredient. Most others use nuts or wafer for their crunch.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

User-Friendly posted:

They ALL have swirling chocolate in the commercial!

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

potee posted:

They ALL have swirling chocolate in the commercial!

Not Skittles!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The Dealership is by far my favorite episode. I always find something new every time I see it.

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

To this day, it still confuses me as to why George didn't eat one of the Twixes he had gathered while putting together that entire setup. It makes no sense.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

To this day, it still confuses me as to why George didn't eat one of the Twixes he had gathered while putting together that entire setup. It makes no sense.

It's the principle of it dammit, sure he could go buy more twixes but it was all about the mechanic lying to him.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

piratepilates posted:

It's the principle of it dammit, sure he could go buy more twixes but it was all about the mechanic lying to him.

But the whole thing with that Twix being so special was that it was George's last bit of change, wasn't it? I remember him bugging Jerry for a buck that ended up not working, and crawling on the floor looking for dropped change.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Look he wasn't being unreasonable, all he wanted is for the mechanic to admit he lied, apologize, and be fired.

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

The Rogue's Wallet. That's where he kept his card, his dirty little secret. Short, devious, balding. His name was Costanza. He killed my mother.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Not trolling honest, but I always thought The Dealership was one of the worst episodes, beside's Kramer's story the whole thing is pretty thin on laughs imo.

For me it's all about The Pen, The Sniffing Accountant or The Boyfriend.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Speaking of The Boyfriend, did anyone watch that Mets game last year where they got Jerry in the booth for a little while? They kept trying to talk to him about the show and all Jerry wanted to do was commentary on the game that was going on.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

So did TBS stop playing Seinfeld episodes? They used to play two back to back starting at 5pm my time (MST) and for the past two days it has been King of Queens instead.... WHY

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009

ironlung posted:

So did TBS stop playing Seinfeld episodes? They used to play two back to back starting at 5pm my time (MST) and for the past two days it has been King of Queens instead.... WHY

I'm on the east coast, and they used to play two at 7 and 7:30 but now it's just one episode at 6. I'm disappointed as well.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Which episode is it when some woman breaks up with Jerry and says, "You're not a real man," to which he replies, "Oh yeah? Then what is that sports coat doing in my closet?" - or something to that effect.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Doghouse posted:

Which episode is it when some woman breaks up with Jerry and says, "You're not a real man," to which he replies, "Oh yeah? Then what is that sports coat doing in my closet?" - or something to that effect.

The Suicide

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
As far as disses on Jerry go the best was probably "You may tell jokes, Mr. Jerry Seinfeld, but you are no Comedian."

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
"You think they have fleas there, don't you?"
"No, I..."
"Yes you do, Biff!"

The Biff joke is my favourite callback gag and Costanza burn.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

As far as disses on Jerry go the best was probably "You may tell jokes, Mr. Jerry Seinfeld, but you are no Comedian."

I always liked Marlene in the Ex-Girlfriend

MARLENE: Well, to be honest, it just didn't make it for me. It's just so much fluff.

Her delivery of the whole bit makes me laugh, but that line there is the one that really gets me.

Invis
Apr 26, 2010
"I'm sorry the card says MOOPS!"

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

Invis posted:

"I'm sorry the card says MOOPS!"

Out of all the lines in the show this is the one that I if read/hear/think it I'll immediately laugh out loud no matter what.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Y'know you've given this comedy thing your best shot. Yeah, you had some good observations, but it's over! Now, this Bloomingdale thing, that could be the next wave.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I don't know what the title quote is from :smith: I have failed

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

myron_cope posted:

I don't know what the title quote is from :smith: I have failed
If you can put on pants, then you can park cars! All I want to know is, WHO IS PUTTING ON YOUR PANTS?

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Flobbster posted:

It's a Twix! They're ALL Twix! It was a setup! A setup, I tell ya, and you've robbed it! You've all SCREWED ME AGAIN!

TWIIIIIIIIIIIIX!!!

Is it just a coincidence that the imgur URL says BruAN?....

Lloyd....

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.

mints posted:

I always liked Marlene in the Ex-Girlfriend
"I can't be with someone if I don't respect what they do."
"You're a cashier!"

I love that exchange.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
TBS really hosed up my nightly schedule of watching back to back Seinfeld at 7. Now I'm forced to recreating Seinfeld with my M&M and Power ranger playset.

"I really think the M&M should be you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Has anyone heard Seinfeld's recent stand-up act? He's going to be in town during April and I'm wondering if it's worth going to see.