Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I know that most of the companies that advertise on radio commercials are shady at best, but those ones for Regus stand out to me.

The best I can tell, they rent out a floor in an upscale office building, fix up a bunch of offices, and timeshare them out to people who don't need a 24/7 office.

On the surface this seems like a decent idea, but when you think about it, would you really want to do business with someone who has to call ahead to make sure an office is available to them before they can meet with you? And then they have to sneak in quick before you get there and place family photos on the desk and diplomas on the wall so it looks like it belongs to them.

It just seems like it is setup to cater to fly-by-night operators who need to make quick getaways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Beezid commercials with Goodfellas gimmick are obnoxious as gently caress.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Vakal posted:

I know that most of the companies that advertise on radio commercials are shady at best, but those ones for Regus stand out to me.

The best I can tell, they rent out a floor in an upscale office building, fix up a bunch of offices, and timeshare them out to people who don't need a 24/7 office.

On the surface this seems like a decent idea, but when you think about it, would you really want to do business with someone who has to call ahead to make sure an office is available to them before they can meet with you? And then they have to sneak in quick before you get there and place family photos on the desk and diplomas on the wall so it looks like it belongs to them.

It just seems like it is setup to cater to fly-by-night operators who need to make quick getaways.

Actually, it's a pretty legit way of doing business. If you want to put your sales force (one or two guys) in another city and don't want the overhead for an office, it's a great way to do it. The sales guys will generally work out of their home, but have a business address for mail and a conference room when they need it.

I know nothing about Regus in particular, but know that many of the bigger financial companies use something like this for their wholesalers.

Edit: OF course, I deal with them in a Business to Business environment and there's an understanding of wanting to keep down overhead.

burmart fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 1, 2011

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
As someone who has worked from home, having an "office" like that is helpful.

I've known people in start ups that use offices like that because they don't want to commit to a lease but maybe a few days a month they need to be in an office setting to conduct business.

It's distracting at home if you have kids, pets, etc.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Vakal posted:

Like others have said, they're not. It's a fairly large company with lots of office space.

The ones for Numis, Beezid (or any of the penny-auctions) are the scummiest.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Robin is trying her best to talk all over Howard during this Charlie Sheen interview.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

musclecoder posted:

Like others have said, they're not. It's a fairly large company with lots of office space.

That makes sense. I guess it's just the commercials that make it seem sleazy.

Is there some reason radio commercials can't just list the benefits of their service/product? Every commercial has to be a lovely bit or some some guy preaching that he discovered the secret to being rich and is doing you a favor by sharing it with you.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 1, 2011

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Enough with the gay pranks and high pitch mike's gayscapades. He's over 40 and preying on 19yr olds :barf:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Glumwheels posted:

Enough with the gay pranks and high pitch mike's gayscapades. He's over 40 and preying on 19yr olds :barf:

Yeah, because straight guys never prey on young women. :rolleyes:

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, because straight guys never prey on young women. :rolleyes:

Listening to Ronnie go after 20 something strippers when he's 70 is not something I want to hear either. Although, HPM just comes off extra creepy for some reason.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Richard asked HPM if he shaved down there. Howard quipped, "What a stupid question."

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

-Atom- posted:

Howard did a pretty good job on the Daily Show.

The great thing about people trying to interview Howard is that he always ends up interviewing them. Or maybe Stewart went along with it because Howard looked absolutely massive compared to him and he was afraid to get stepped on if he offended him in any way.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Winning!

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Glumwheels posted:

Listening to Ronnie go after 20 something strippers when he's 70 is not something I want to hear either.

Whats your loving problem man? Everything bothers you. You've never heard of a block party before? I'm scores man! I like meetin' girls, I like meetin' guys. SCORES MAN GOT A TATTOO!!!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

T-O-P-L-E-S-S

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
This ain't Hot Rod magazine pal!

(honestly my favorite Ronnie quote)

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Twitter posted:

@jdharm Yeah, Twitter just became a winner - @charliesheen has arrived. #winning about 3 minutes ago via web

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
I loving love Charlie Sheen.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
WINNINGGGG is such a great drop.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

YES!!

http://twitter.com/charliesheen/status/42731720402931712

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Today is the best day of the Internet ever!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
"Sorry my life is so much more bitchin' than yours. I planned it that way."

http://www.livethesheendream.com/

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Besides the drugs, Charlie Sheen lives a pretty legit life.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

-Atom- posted:

Besides the drugs, Charlie Sheen lives a pretty legit life.

The drugs and threatening/beating every woman he seems to meet.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Robin's prank call of a toupée place is quite clever. I almost wonder if Sal thought of that to gently caress with her on purpose, but that's giving him way too much credit.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
whats the "winning" thing about, I havent been able to hear the show the past couple of days

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

chiz posted:

whats the "winning" thing about, I havent been able to hear the show the past couple of days

It's just some odd slang Charlie Sheen came up with.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Did they ask him why/how he shot his ex-wife on christmas or whatever that story was?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

AxeManiac posted:

Did they ask him why/how he shot his ex-wife on christmas or whatever that story was?

I think he only talked about 'accidentally' shooting his fiance at the time (Kelly Preston)back in the 90s.

oh and WINNING!

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
drat I wish Artie was there for HPM today. All I could think about was that segment where they found out High PItch Mike went to the Madonna Concert and Gay Disney Day by himself and Artie almost dying from laughter.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Howard was very good on The Daily Show. I know John Stewart is kind of smallish but holy crap, Howard is huge. His hands looked like mitts.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Its gonna irk Howard that Sheens got 200,000 more followers than him in 2 days of being on twitter

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Manwithastick posted:

Its gonna irk Howard that Sheens got 200,000 more followers than him in 2 days of being on twitter

they call that WINNING

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Manwithastick posted:

This whole counter culture "lol Sheen is awesome" stuff is pretty lame. He is fun to watch explode, but there is a difference between that and cheering him on and liking what he does and defending him all of the sudden because he is kooky.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

AxeManiac posted:

This whole counter culture "lol Sheen is awesome" stuff is pretty lame. He is fun to watch explode, but there is a difference between that and cheering him on and liking what he does and defending him all of the sudden because he is kooky.

I don't remotely get it. Dude is a career wife-beater and druggie, what is there to like?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Crotch Bat posted:

I don't remotely get it. Dude is a career wife-beater and druggie, what is there to like?

"Oh you must be jealous of him, because he knows how to live and is doing it big." - Everyone who likes Charlie Sheen now.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

AxeManiac posted:

"Oh you must be jealous of him, because he knows how to live and is doing it big." - Everyone who likes Charlie Sheen now.

It's interesting to see people implode before your very eyes.

Also he says hilarious poo poo almost routinely.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I look forward to the eventual OD death(or possibly a murder-suicide) and Hollywood mourning the loss of one of their own.

e:

MarksFriggin posted:

Howard said he's taken about 20 pictures and he bought about $5,000 worth of equipment. He said he has the giant lenses and battery packs with bags to carry it all around in. He said you need all of that to get started in photography. Howard said you have to invest.

...Howard said that he didn't even know what DSLR meant. He said he found out what it means but Fred still had to explain it to him. Howard said he still doesn't understand it.

I love this stuff.

Also, was any of the HPM stuff today worth a listen?

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Mar 2, 2011

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Crotch Bat posted:

You ever see "Eastbound and Down?" He's a real life Kenny Powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Crotch Bat posted:

I love this stuff.

They saw him coming from a mile away. That salesperson made their commission early and called it a day. 5 grand? Hahah.