Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Xguard86 posted:

European
Boxer
D1 Wrestler

look how dumb you are.

Also put down ten bucks on noted bad fighter Rob Kimmons without watching any of his or his opponents fights by virtue of the other dude training in Asia.

I'm a degenerate gambler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE BODY SPRAY
Aug 16, 2000

Pelleas posted:

Anyone think Cb Dollaway would be a good bet against Mark Munoz?
Seems like a closer fight then the lines indicate. Someone tell me I'm a moron.

I don't know the line, but I would never bet against Dollaway. His lip might be infuriating, but hes a better fighter than people give him credit for

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

attackmole posted:

Also put down ten bucks on noted bad fighter Rob Kimmons without watching any of his or his opponents fights by virtue of the other dude training in Asia.

I'm a degenerate gambler.

actually, Sound logic on that one.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Pelleas posted:

Anyone think Cb Dollaway would be a good bet against Mark Munoz?
Seems like a closer fight then the lines indicate. Someone tell me I'm a moron.

i wouldn't bet on this fight. unless one guy owns the wrestling, it's going to be sloppy wrestleboxer hell and between two guys with lovely striking and bad defense, its really hard to say that one guy has an advantage. although if CB's performance against doerksen is indicative of him becoming a super dangerous grappler, he'll probably supergrapple his way to a win in this fight too. but i wouldn't bet on it.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
munoz almost lost to kendall grove, no man like that should ever be a clear favorite

for some reason I read that sakara was the favorite and was about to bet the bank on weidman...im dum

Pelleas
Apr 24, 2005
I been impressed with Dollaway too and Munoz always seems to get sloppy and gasses out later in the fight. Dollaway does seem like a bit of a dumbass and as we know dumb fighters do dumb things in the cage.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
It's unclear who would win the wrestling in Dolloway/Munoz, Dolloway has a good guillotine/peruvian necktie combo that could end the fight at any time and Munoz has GnP punching power that could end the fight at any time, so I don't think anybody has a real clear idea of how that one's gonna go.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

fatherdog posted:

It's unclear who would win the wrestling in Dolloway/Munoz, Dolloway has a good guillotine/peruvian necktie combo that could end the fight at any time and Munoz has GnP punching power that could end the fight at any time, so I don't think anybody has a real clear idea of how that one's gonna go.

Munoz also seemed ok when working out of the submissions that Grove put him in, and while Kendall Grove is a Bad Fighter that is fairly impressive.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I dunno if I'd call that looking OK. I remember him getting styled on in the first round grappling wise, even if nothing ever got locked in. But it's also been a while since I've seen that fight, and I think he might have been half-unconcious while he was defending submissions so there's that too.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I'm going to bet on wrestlers and brazilians and see how I do

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
the asian guy won. goddamnit. that wasn't supposed to happen.

E: Aight, Shane Roller's got my back.

E2: Oh poo poo those are probably spoilers.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 4, 2011

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I'm going to bet on wrestlers and brazilians and see how I do

3-1

Always bet on MMA

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
PARLAYS 4EVA

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
pelleas, did you end up betting on munoz/dolloway?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

fawker posted:

PARLAYS 4EVA

ahahaha.

Munoz, Wiedman, Sanchez. Bet on MMA, y'all.

e: these are my 3 bets

red19fire fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 4, 2011

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

red19fire posted:

ahahaha.

Munoz, Wiedman, Sanchez. Bet on MMA, y'all.

when your parlays depend on total robberies you should probably rethink the idea that you're good at betting on mma

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

I should really start betting real money.

Pelleas
Apr 24, 2005

Bundt Cake posted:

pelleas, did you end up betting on munoz/dolloway?

No i never did, i didnt trust dollaway to keep it together. I took fatherdogs advice as well and decided to avoid this one.

world b lee
Feb 1, 2006
Is it a frog? Is it a toad?

henkman posted:

I should really start betting real money.

Except the real line on Weidman was never even close to that.

Pissed I didn't throw Sanchez in on my parlays, but can't feel that bad because he didn't really win. Although, those are some of the most satisfying bets to win. It helps reinforce my belief that the fights are actually judged by geriatrics with glaucoma, and also allows me to keep on riding the Leonard Garcia gravy train.

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
Fatherdog I need the inside Jersey scoop on Catone vs. Miller. Catone is a huge underdog on MMAPlayground right now and I want to know if I should make a play.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Elmo Oxygen posted:

Fatherdog I need the inside Jersey scoop on Catone vs. Miller. Catone is a huge underdog on MMAPlayground right now and I want to know if I should make a play.

Nick is a better wrestler, Miller is probably better on the ground, I dunno who has better striking and you should know better than to ask me to objectively analyze fights involving Renzo/RABJJ fighters

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

I was heading out to go place my bets on shogun today and noticed that Jake Shields is at +375. I immediately put money on Jake Shields.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

I was heading out to go place my bets on shogun today and noticed that Jake Shields is at +375. I immediately put money on Jake Shields.

You'd have probably gotten more fun out of that money by lighting it on fire.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
I actually think Shields has a better chance than most people give him credit for but I can't root against GSP because I really want to see GSP-Silva.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

I actually think Shields has a better chance than most people give him credit for but I can't root against GSP because I really want to see GSP-Silva.

Bet on shields then, that way whatever happens you win

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

For you people picking Sheilds just put the money on Lil Nog. It's a better bet and the Human Triangle should not be such a favorite.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yes, a D1 wrestler should not be a favorite when fighting someone who just got wrestled on.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
you should bet on jake shields because he is going to win. it seems pretty simple.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

henkman posted:

Yes, a D1 wrestler should not be a favorite when fighting someone who just got wrestled on.

Lil Nog got robbed. Anyways so far Bader's striking is better than Phil's and he still got lit up.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

tesilential posted:

Lil Nog got robbed.

Just because you keep saying this doesn't make it remotely true.

tesilential posted:

Anyways so far Bader's striking is better than Phil's and he still got lit up.

This too.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jeffersonlives posted:

Just because you keep saying this doesn't make it remotely true.

This too.

Punching someone for more than half the round > lay and praying someone less than half the round. One takedown shouldn't guarantee you a round (the third). Rd 1 was Baders, but 2 was close with Rogerio controlling the pace and fight for longer.

Either way, the thing you should have taken away from that fight was Bader is overrated and stood precisely ZERO chance against bones.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

Except Rogerio only won the standing slightly and he really wasn't controlling the fight. I'm not even sure he wins under Diaz Rules.

If your takeaway from that fight is that Little Nog won't have a problem with a wrestler who is considerably better than Bader after Bader outpointed him with only mildly effective wrestling, you're just seeing what you want to see. And I'm sure you'll complain about this decision too when Davis blankets Nog.

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
eh, I just did a bad thing

This is just a fun thing that I do on top of my other bets... you can all make fun of me when this falls through.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
ive been looking everywhere for a prop bet that Anthony Johnson will miss weight

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Nog and Hardy are almost three to one underdogs most places. Temptin but I'm sure wrestling will ruin everything.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
When was the last time Anthony Johnson wrestled (I'm serious I don't know I thought he pretty much kickboxed even though he has a wrestling background)?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

henkman posted:

When was the last time Anthony Johnson wrestled (I'm serious I don't know I thought he pretty much kickboxed even though he has a wrestling background)?

Talking mostly about Bader but Dan Hardy is British which means anyone that can shoot a double will put him in trouble. I would be shocked if fatty rumble didn't put that in his gameplan.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Bader's not fighting.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

henkman posted:

Bader's not fighting.

Sorry my brain turned off for a minute and I can neither read nor write.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

henkman posted:

He was blanketing Kevin Burns in their second match up until the headkick, and got the worst of it on the feet for most of both of those matches