Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Why is Edwina Currie allowed on TV anymore? She's such a loving idiot. She now thinks that road tax should be done away with altogether and that the roads should all be privatised and tolled. :fuckoff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Cars should be GPS tracked and road tax applied by the mile.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

I think the worst thing about Friday Night Dinners was the music. "It didn't fit" is a massive understatement.
There may have been a few good jokes in there, but this did its best to distract you from them.

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.
I was in the audience of the Dispatches program with my friend and oh my god that Israeli guy shouting at the end was bloody crazy. Edwina Currie is a complete moron and I swear to God, the amount of shouting I did was insane.

It was great to be in the audience!

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
ladies and gentlemen this is your captain speaking, dinner will soon be served so if you could douche your noses with the bottles being handed out by our cabin crew, you will maximise your enjoying of the meal.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
No, Charlie, lay off Thundercats!

...He's pretty much right :(

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
I would watch the poo poo out of Wo-gan if it was a real thing.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

:woop: Hooray for the Nazis! :woop: Please don't take this out of context and put it on youtube.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
Wo-Gan had me absolutely spluttering with laughter (who did the voice, by the way? Kind of sounded like Rob Brydon's impression), and it was great to see Brooker tackle the news again. Is that the last one?

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
Too late :v:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeQ6S7NAu-0

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Rarity posted:

No, Charlie, lay off Thundercats!

...He's pretty much right :(

What is your avatar from?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Adrianics posted:

Wo-Gan had me absolutely spluttering with laughter (who did the voice, by the way? Kind of sounded like Rob Brydon's impression), and it was great to see Brooker tackle the news again. Is that the last one?

Yeah, that's it for now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Padje posted:

What is your avatar from?

Yeah, whats with the story of all those avatars suddenly popping up anyways?

Also, watching Idiot Aboard this week made me realise one of my fears of going aboard is the squatting toilets. I mean everything else is awesome but those toilets.

Also, Ricky Gervais laughing everytime Karl says something odd is loving annoying. We get it Richard you have some weird gay love for the things he says all the time.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

SeanBeansShako posted:

From what i've seen its from a thread about the new My Little Pony cartoon, apparently it's really good in a non ironic way or something.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

SeanBeansShako posted:

A large paedophile ring recently went under and many of the refugees ended up on SA.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well, good to hear that something being remade isn't causing massive levels of stroke enducing rage on the forums :).

Also thank gently caress for iPlayer I forgot about How TV Ruined Your Life and am catching up on it right now.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

SeanBeansShako posted:

Well, good to hear that something being remade isn't causing massive levels of stroke enducing rage on the forums :).

No, My Little Pony inspired lots of rage on the forums and the thread got shut down. Some people decided they liked the show, wanted to chat about it and spread the word about a funny, well-meaning cartoon fit for the whole family and were doing perfectly okay until a bunch of dicks decided they should control what people watched and started making GBS threads up the thread for no reason other than being argumentative and condescending.

And as a perfect example of this, I present you;

Flatscan posted:

A large paedophile ring recently went under and many of the refugees ended up on SA.

Now, I wasn't even part of the thread (never watched the show) but poo poo like this is why we can't have nice things.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 9, 2011

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Apparently a global version of the Iplayer is coming, allowing dirty foreigners of all kinds access to our wonderful imperial programming for a few sheckels per month.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm surprised nobody here has an avatar of Wo-Gan yet.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

reality_groove posted:

Apparently a global version of the Iplayer is coming, allowing dirty foreigners of all kinds access to our wonderful imperial programming for a few sheckels per month.

...but if the BBC becomes independent of the licence fee, then how will the conservatives shut it down?

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

reality_groove posted:

The only way they'll be able to justify a lower price than the license fee is if it has much less content. I'm sure all the right wing papers will got mental about this.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They won't have to anymore, the BBC will become just as commercially controlled as every other channel!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

PriorMarcus posted:

No, My Little Pony inspired lots of rage on the forums and the thread got shut down. Some people decided they liked the show, wanted to chat about it and spread the word about a funny, well-meaning cartoon fit for the whole family and were doing perfectly okay until a bunch of dicks decided they should control what people watched and started making GBS threads up the thread for no reason other than being argumentative and condescending.

And as a perfect example of this, I present you;

Now, I wasn't even part of the thread (never watched the show) but poo poo like this is why we can't have nice things.

I've been sent clips of the show on youtube by other goons. Flatscan is right to mock it, the show isn't that good and the level of devotion a lot of goons have for it is very, very, very loving creepy.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

PriorMarcus posted:

I too get a little tired of the forums constantly making GBS threads on everything, all the time, but if you don't think a group of 20-something guys posting on the internet about a cartoon for little girls is worth mocking then I'm curious to see what your life is like.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
My Little Pony is a thing now? I watched it along with my younger siblings - do I get a free pass? - and it seemed pretty harmless to me. Taking a dismal car-crash of a thirty-minute-long toy advertisement series from the 80s and reinventing it with the idea that the kids watching are probably smarter than the parents they're watching with, plus the sense of silly humour Spongebob had plus having a genuinely positive message to boot made it worth turning in my Man Card.

Is there even a fanbase for this on the Internet? - I mean, My Little Pony's the punchline to a joke nobody even needs to make.

[edit] Ah. Well, a quick Google search later and a) I'm aware there are answers that I'm not sure I want to know, and b) I'm almost certainly on some kind of watchlist now. :sigh:

spincube fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 9, 2011

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's no Rastamouse.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

PriorMarcus posted:

poo poo like this is why we can't have nice things.

http://www.mlponies.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24&sid=4caa4265b67009ca8a76304ea220abfc

You would like to see more of this on the forums?

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
I really thought the My Little Pony thing was all a big ironic joke at the start but the level dedication to it is very creepy.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Please, get this foul colonial pony poo poo out of this thread. British programmes for British threads.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

BBC iPlayer now has lots of commercial channel under it's TV listings (can't watch them obviously). I'm wondering if they'll eventually link to other VOD players.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought that was the Project Canvas thing they were forbidden from doing because Sky cried?

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

Metrication posted:

BBC iPlayer now has lots of commercial channel under it's TV listings (can't watch them obviously). I'm wondering if they'll eventually link to other VOD players.

Looks like they've already put a few links in the listings, so if you want to watch Extraordinary Dogs and several hours of CSI on Five's website then you're welcome to.

Also, Five's new logo is horrible.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

goatface posted:

I thought that was the Project Canvas thing they were forbidden from doing because Sky cried?

Nah, that was Kangeroo. Project Canvas (now YouView) is a set top box for VOD (http://www.youview.com/)

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Volcano posted:

Looks like they've already put a few links in the listings, so if you want to watch Extraordinary Dogs and several hours of CSI on Five's website then you're welcome to.

Also, Five's new logo is horrible.

I hadn't noticed that, I was just looking at 'Today' where it's a great big wall of 'not available'.

Well the new logo reflects their kind of 'tabloid' style I guess. Especially now with poo poo like OK!TV.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Make the international Iplayer fee $50, and remove the TV licence. I'd say thats fair.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
e: Eh, I wasn't being serious but I still wanna remove it. So how about that Local TV Show, wasn't that great?

Rarity fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 9, 2011

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

I agree with David Mitchell when he goes on about the BBC on carpool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TlXtoKBWoY

Pretty much how it's good. Sheesh. A lot of the other car pools on there are worth watching.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'd actually watch a TV program where David Mitchell tries and fobs his way through the Rave scene pretending he knows stuff about it.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'd actually watch a TV program where David Mitchell tries and fobs his way through the Rave scene pretending he knows stuff about it.

I think I would too. Also, props for bringing up Ghostwatch, a show that absolutely scared the crap out of me when I first watched it 13, and one that also scared the crap out of my ex and her son when I made them watch it on DVD a few years ago. Hell, it even scared the crap out of me when I re-watched it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Flatscan posted:

Posted in the thread twice at the very start saying 'this is kinda neat' and 'that 30 seconds of youtube is funny'. AATrek walked in and went EVERYONE GETS AVATARS REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY POSTED so here it is. I used to have a goon4dead one too.