Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

penismightier posted:

Oooooh. Witch-AY Woman.

Witchy Woman is okay for you, but I already have a song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Now here's the lowdown. Through a certain connection, I've been able to locate some black market shower heads. They're all made in the former Yugoslavia. And from what I hear, the Serbs are fanatic about their showers.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Turpitude posted:

Now here's the lowdown. Through a certain connection, I've been able to locate some black market shower heads. They're all made in the former Yugoslavia. And from what I hear, the Serbs are fanatic about their showers.

Not from the footage I've seen.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

mints posted:

Not from the footage I've seen.

Jerry's got nothing. Newman's got nothing. You're the only one I know who's got the good stuff, and I need it bad, baby, cause I feel like I got bugs crawling up my skin. Now you gotta help me out.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
I know what you're going through. I too once fell under the spell of opium. It was 1979. I was traveling the Yangtzee in search of a Mongolian horsehair vest. I had got to the market after sundown, all of the clothing traders had gone, but a different sort of trader still lurked about. "Just a taste," he said. That was all it took.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Sean_Miller posted:

I know what you're going through. I too once fell under the spell of opium. It was 1979. I was traveling the Yangtzee in search of a Mongolian horsehair vest. I had got to the market after sundown, all of the clothing traders had gone, but a different sort of trader still lurked about. "Just a taste," he said. That was all it took.
My all time favourite Peterman speech.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Sean_Miller posted:

That's right. White Lotus. Yam-yam. Shanghai Sally.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Turpitude posted:

Jerry's got nothing. Newman's got nothing. You're the only one I know who's got the good stuff, and I need it bad, baby, cause I feel like I got bugs crawling up my skin. Now you gotta help me out.

I won't have you turning my office into a den of iniquity!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Little Kicks is such a good episode.

A full body dry-heave set to music.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
Slowly plugging away at the whole series for the first time. Between George's birthday woes and Kramer's toe story, The Fire might be my favourite episode yet.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

They kept ringin the bell!!!

Red Fructidor
Jan 8, 2004

Thought you guys might appreciate this, made it for my friend for her birthday. Huge Seinfeld fan, obviously.
Presenting The Fusilli Becca:

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

Red Fructidor posted:

Thought you guys might appreciate this, made it for my friend for her birthday. Huge Seinfeld fan, obviously.

She better be silly or you used the wrong kind of pasta.

Red Fructidor
Jan 8, 2004

BrandNew posted:

She better be silly or you used the wrong kind of pasta.

Please! That's the key!

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Red Fructidor posted:

Isn't that rotini?

Red Fructidor
Jan 8, 2004

tk posted:

Isn't that rotini?

The box said fusilli, and going through google they look interchangeable. Tbh though I have no idea.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Red Fructidor posted:

Tbh though I have no idea.

We're living in a society!!

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Red Fructidor posted:

The box said fusilli, and going through google they look interchangeable. Tbh though I have no idea.

So rotini is called fusilli here and fusilli is called cotelli. Another important life lesson learned from seinfeld.

The fusilli jerry in the series was made from rotini though.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Turpitude posted:

We're living in a society!!

I was walking around town and had a couple ask me "Where are we?"

......They did not find my response as hilarious as it was on 'Seinfeld.'

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

haljordan posted:

I was walking around town and had a couple ask me "Where are we?"

......They did not find my response as hilarious as it was on 'Seinfeld.'

You know they were on the phone with the POLICE!

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Capt. Sticl posted:

You know they were on the phone with the POLICE!

Officer, some guy just gave me a wise answer.

Love that whole scene:
"How can you not know what street we're on?"
"...you don't know."

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
you're "off bread"

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
I'm going with jerk store! Jerk store is the line! Jerk store!

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.
Just recently, I cut out fructose.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
I haven't had a decent sandwich in thirteen years!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Chicolini posted:

Just recently, I cut out fructose.
And it's non-fat!!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

safety dan posted:

...neither have I.

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
I've been watching the later seasons, and I find it funny just how many people the four have either inadvertently killed or put in prison:

Susan
Kramer's intern
Elaine's boyfriend who was mistaken for George from being bald.
The "Desperado" guy
Fulton laughing to death via Jerry's Superman joke
Babu Bhatt

There's probably some more I'm forgetting...

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

safety dan posted:

"Can it cut that thin?"
"Oh, I've cut slices so thin, I couldn't even see them."
"Then how did you know you cut it?"
"Well - I guess I just assumed..."

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

hall n oates mom posted:

"Can it cut that thin?"
"Oh, I've cut slices so thin, I couldn't even see them."
"Then how did you know you cut it?"
"Well - I guess I just assumed..."

That's the episode where Elaine dreams that she's in bed with George, Jerry and Kramer isn't it? I like how it's implied that the only reason Elaine hangs out with them is because she hates her other friends slightly more than she hates Jerry and co.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
"And how would you characterize his reaction to the news of his fiance's death?"

"Restrained jubilation."

As much poo poo as the finale gets it had some fantastic one-liners.

Also what was the episode where George goes to order more invitations from the same store, the clerk remembers him and flips to the cheap stuff and he immediately raises his hand and flips back towards the more expensive ones?

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Benagain posted:

Also what was the episode where George goes to order more invitations from the same store, the clerk remembers him and flips to the cheap stuff and he immediately raises his hand and flips back towards the more expensive ones?

"ooh how did the wedding go?"
"-shrug- no complaints"

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Benagain posted:

That was "The Summer of George" episode, where he helps Jerry date Amanda Peet.

"Then each of us would only have be like a half man... That sounds about right!"

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
"I CAN EAT A WHOLE BLOCK OF CHEESE, JERRY! JUST TAKE A BITE RIGHT OUT OF IT LIKE AN APPLE!"

"I'm a little worried that this is what you associate with single life."

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Alhazred posted:

That's the episode where Elaine dreams that she's in bed with George, Jerry and Kramer isn't it? I like how it's implied that the only reason Elaine hangs out with them is because she hates her other friends slightly more than she hates Jerry and co.
Yes, that's the opening scene that's trimmed down in syndication. The latter isn't really true though - she's simply a man's woman!

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.

Alhazred posted:

Oh, you're getting together with some of your jackass friends?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Alhazred posted:

I also like how Jerry reveals that he has "back-ups" in case he ever loses/is forced to cut loose one of the group. Or at least one back-up for Elaine, anyway, he insists to George that he doesn't have a back-up for him even though we all know he does.

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Benagain posted:

"I CAN EAT A WHOLE BLOCK OF CHEESE, JERRY! JUST TAKE A BITE RIGHT OUT OF IT LIKE AN APPLE!"

"I'm a little worried that this is what you associate with single life."

Before we go any further, I'd just like to point out how disturbing it is that you equate eating a block of cheese with some sort of a bachelor paradise.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Pretty hot under these lights, eh Seinfeld?

Actually I'm quite comfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Jerusalem posted:

I also like how Jerry reveals that he has "back-ups" in case he ever loses/is forced to cut loose one of the group. Or at least one back-up for Elaine, anyway, he insists to George that he doesn't have a back-up for him even though we all know he does.

Have you forgotten about the "Summer George" Frankie?